Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Reseting? Yeah great idea especially for those who leveling slowly and plain casually xD You will kill KT and other will be on 40lvl for example and WIPE... no thats not gonna happen :P Its almost obvious there will be just TBC and WOTLK. Its just a matter of time. I was playin classic for a while and didt hit 60 on the other side my friend had 2x 60 before i hit 45lvl and thats why there will be no reset. Never ever.
    So because you were not able to reach lvl 60 blizzard will never do resets? Sure man. I'm not saying that 'new' classic servers are certain but thats definitely something people will demand after naxx is cleared. Just watch the history of pservers. Everytime a new server got started people swarmed these to start new.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    It's not risk free, they could kill Classic or retail by doing that. Especially causing sub loss to retail would be awful for Blizzard since it's the only thing still going forward and attracting new players, while Classic/BC are mainly nostalgia trips.
    Fair point. Having classic & retail servers works OK now, but having 3 different versions/servers of the game might hurt them much more.

I think most people would move on to BC from classic so Blizzard dont really need alot of classic serves and accomandate them. It might not spread it out to much, since alot of people will move onto BC from classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Domixux View Post
    So because you were not able to reach lvl 60 blizzard will never do resets? Sure man. I'm not saying that 'new' classic servers are certain but thats definitely something people will demand after naxx is cleared. Just watch the history of pservers. Everytime a new server got started people swarmed these to start new.
    Im able but im really casual atm and i would be really pissed if they will reset my char and i bet not only me :P

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    And how many of these other games have unique progression for each game mode? Progression that does not simply carry over to the other game modes? When you pick one of these game modes, how many LOCK you into that game mode forever?
    Literally diablo3 mate. Hardcore vs softcore is completely locked forever with separate progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    They'll update every server to TBC.
    Then Wotlk
    Then Cata.
    Then MoP

You get the gist, then celebrate the re re release of Classic in 2028.
    i think an argument can be made to stop at wotlk, thats it

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they will wait and see how Shadowlands does.
    If it fails they will announce TBC.
    If it's succesful they'll keep Classic for some longer.
    The worst they could do is announce TBC too early after Naxxramas is out which would result in people not bothering with it (since TBC Leveling Gear is better than Naxxramas Gear) and you' have the same thing which happened in 2004...

Personally for me I'm still enjoying Classic and everyday I discover places or Quests I had forgotten about or never knew existed in the first place.
    I won't be looking too far ahead into the future but just enjoy things for as long as possible.

Once the time is right Blizzard will either announce something or ask for community feedback/imput.
    Until then: just enjoy your time.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

I wouldn't mind TBC as long as it's not the pre-WOTLK patch with achievments and OP Retribution Paladins.

I'd prefer a new route with Classic + though (with the content all matching the philosophy of classic WoW, and new areas being in the original world, like Hyjal). TBC was the expansion I played the most in, so I'm not particularily keen to do it all over again despite liking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    I wouldn't mind TBC as long as it's not the pre-WOTLK patch with achievments and OP Retribution Paladins.

I'd prefer a new route with Classic + though (with the content all matching the philosophy of classic WoW, and new areas being in the original world, like Hyjal). TBC was the expansion I played the most in, so I'm not particularily keen to do it all over again despite liking it.
    It's not 1 to 1 with Classic. Classic didn't do the Burning Crusade pre-patch balance, it did the final Classic WoW talents. After everyone received their talent reworks, that were then changed yet again in TBC.

It would be really silly if they did the Cata prepatch talents for a WotLK private server.
    Especially because they fucked tank aggro during that patch, as I recall.
    Hunters w/o melee weapons, moved to focus.
    Fire Mages would be even more busted.
    Fury Warrior too.

And DKs would be locked to blood to tank, which would aggravate people to no end.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I doubt Blizz would do a reset since that would mean all your work is for nothing.
    Allready the case if there's nothing after nax.

I mean if you went to classic, and you expected some form of retail style perpetual char progression and growth, then you have been seriously mislead.

The default and still most likely thing is that classic is and will remain a museum piece, a curiosity and sub addition to a wow sub. Blizz may release other meausem pieces, tbc, wrath, e.t.c, but if they do that no one should take any guarentee or expect that they won't also be released as self contained side shows the require starting fresh when released.

No one should expect anything for there classic chars progression post nax based on the current state of play.

This is what you said.

- - - Updated - - -

And this...........
    If the best you can do is try to quote me out of context to nitpick definitions, it’s pretty clear who was right here.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

TBC is obviously next and I can't wait.

Then wrath and that's it they stop before cata and the change to the world. Atleast that's what I think and would like them to do.
    Do you hear the voices too?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    TBC is obviously next and I can't wait.

Then wrath and that's it they stop before cata and the change to the world. Atleast that's what I think and would like them to do.
    This.

The Classic journey began in August 2019 with the release of Vanilla WoW and it will end in WotLK somewhere in 2024-25, after 2 years of TBC. TBC and WotLK are still Classic WoW, despite the changes.
    Last edited by Nak88; 2020-03-25 at 03:33 PM. Reason: wrong date lol

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    i think an argument can be made to stop at wotlk, thats it
    It's highly unlikely that they essentially nuke Classic servers if TBC happens, they said back when they announced classic servers that it would be totally okay to them if only 10 people played on those servers down the line, the maintenance cost for Classic post P6 is next to 0, so why not just keep the money from the people that just want to play Classic rather than push them back into the private server scene?

Next to that, they also be nuking TBC (again).

Like, just keep servers for each era online, then you can also release Cata and MoP servers without issue.
    Heck, i'd probably play Cata & MoP servers as well, just to have the fresh feeling of a new expansion again, clear the raid, then go back the Servers that i enjoyed the most.
    I wouldn't have to go through clearing DS for an entire year, i could clear DS once, then call it and chill out in my favorite WoW era until MoP servers hit.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-03-25 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    This.

The Classic journey began in August 2025 with the release of Vanilla WoW and it will end in WotLK somewhere in 2024-25, after 2 years of TBC. TBC and WotLK are still Classic WoW, despite the changes.
    i vote for this 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Allready the case if there's nothing after nax.
    Everything that I attain makes it worth it for me, different opinions I guess. I don't care if there's nothing after Naxx
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    If the best you can do is try to quote me out of context to nitpick definitions, it’s pretty clear who was right here.
    For over four pages, you have argued with multiple people over the exact definition of what a progression server is. When it is pointed out that you have no idea yourself, you throw a wobbly. People can click on the link to see the context, and see that you are completely wrong. Again.

For over four pages, you have argued with multiple people over the exact definition of what a progression server is. When it is pointed out that you have no idea yourself, you throw a wobbly. People can click on the link to see the context, and see that you are completely wrong. Again.
    It's more that this discussion started about how his opinion of retail being trash meant that Blizzard would have to continue developing Classic in some way, then he argued about the definition of progression servers offering his position that Blizzard will only ever continue developing multiple progression servers for multiple expansions because any other idea is "dumb as rocks," then he began calling me stupid for merely suggesting that there's a possibility otherwise and now he's arguing that from the beginning he meant that Blizzard was going to do progression servers so he was right the whole time (all the while making silly semantic arguments about what was and wasn't said when it's clear what was meant).

I think that's an accurate play-by-play of the last 10 pages but I'm kind of close to having an aneurysm trying to map it out. The guy has used strawman arguments, ad hominems and redirection at a level that would make our Cheeto-in-chief proud. It's sad, too, because as heated as the discussion has been, I don't fully disagree with him... he just has this weird tendency to attack me instead of my argument and make bogus contradictory claims. It's been fun but I think I'm gonna get off Mr. NineSpine's Wild Ride.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2020-03-25 at 08:00 PM.

I doubt they will go past TBC, especially WotLK is still like yesterday. I will probably still partake in TBC if they go through with it, but not going to bother past that. TBC had the best PvP in the history of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It's more that this discussion started about how his opinion of retail being trash meant that Blizzard would have to continue developing Classic in some way,
    Never said that.

then he argued about the definition of progression servers offering his position that Blizzard will only ever continue developing multiple progression servers for multiple expansions because any other idea is "dumb as rocks,"
    Wrong again. I said moving every single server to TBC at once, effectively deleting Classic, was "dumb as rocks".

then he began calling me stupid for merely suggesting that there's a possibility otherwise and now he's arguing that from the beginning he meant that Blizzard was going to do progression servers so he was right the whole time (all the while making silly semantic arguments about what was and wasn't said when it's clear what was meant).
    Wrong again. There are other possibilities besides progression servers that are not completely unrealistic: Completely separate BC and WoTLK servers, Classic+, etc.. The only thing that is stupid is the idea that they will move every server to TBC.

I think that's an accurate play-by-play of the last 10 pages but I'm kind of close to having an aneurysm trying to map it out. The guy has used strawman arguments, ad hominems and redirection at a level that would make our Cheeto-in-chief proud. It's sad, too, because as heated as the discussion has been, I don't fully disagree with him... he just has this weird tendency to attack me instead of my argument and make bogus contradictory claims. It's been fun but I think I'm gonna get off Mr. NineSpine's Wild Ride.
    The problem, as demonstrated here, is that every time I criticize a specific idea, you interpret it (bizarrely) as disagreeing with every word you said. Combine that with your weird refusal to accept that Classic servers are progression servers and I don't know what to tell you.

- - - Updated - - -

A progression server is one that moves through old patches, including servers that span multiple expansions.

This isn't as difficult as you are making it out to be.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady