10+ Year Old Account
    whelp I'm starting to cough more. No other symptoms but now I'm paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Join the club my allergies to pollen are driving me nuts.

Assuming the party was similar to pox parties (and not just a coronavirus-themed party) that seems like a failed party since only one got infected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Portugal now going into what they're dubbing as "Mitigation phase". It basically means the country recognized that it is unable to contain the spread of the virus.

Think people are making a big deal out of it, unnecessarily. Isn't the minority that of countries that were/are actually capable of containing it? Like South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Portugal now going into what they're dubbing as "Mitigation phase". It basically means the country recognized that it is unable to contain the spread of the virus.

Think people are making a big deal out of it, unnecessarily. Isn't the minority that of countries that were/are actually capable of containing it? Like South Korea
    South Korea, Thailand, Japan, Singapore and China but they laid the road map on how to deal with it seems no one is paying attention.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Oh I forgot. It's the internet. Two countries getting in a confrontation is always a prelude to nuclear missiles flying.

Thats why we're invading Iran as we speak. Oh right...........
    Yeah ok, so one country you didn't go to war with, whoopdidoo.

The US government didn't lie. Trump played games but Congress was informed and US intelligence was all over it.
    So they let it happen then? Great, it was just your president that lied and everyone else stood by and did nothing, that is really much better, yup. Checks and balances at work.

What's with you people always being like A OR B. It's totally A AND B. On any situation (not just this one)Crikey.
    -> We must hold our own leaders accountable for the lack of disaster preparedness and Trump wasting two months.
    -> We must hold China to account for their cover-up that's lead to the deaths of thousands of Westerners.

Different people doing different things different ways. We can, must and will do both.
    Ok I'll bite, how are you going to hold them accountable if you're not able to hold your own people accountable?

Because unless the full scale of the infections is known, then the world is working with unreliable data. Which means there could be (and are) reservoirs of this which will out last all attempts at containment to date.

Let me offer a likely hypothetical. Europe gets a handle on it by mid summer. Then northern Italy gets new cases imported by Chinese workers yet again, even though China has swore there was no new infections since May. That is why China's lack of transparency kills.
    I expect our governments to not trust other countries numbers unless they have reason to and check everyone up until we have a working vaccine. So who cares what China does? It's not like we have to let their people come here unchecked.

That was actually a commentary about how bullshit China's numbers are in almost every situation. An port driven worker-heavy manufacturing economy would naturally show a slowdown vastly greater than 5%. But authoritarian countries control bad news.

It's like with China's official GDP growth the past decade. Officially 6.5%-8% annually. Unofficially 0%-3% at best. That's a bullshit number, but a harmless one for the most part. Everyone knows China's GDP numbers are works of fiction. But when the work of fiction is a number of virus carriers, that can kill people.
    Ok, and? Everyone gets creative with their numbers, Chinese are more bold because they can, if it is known it doesn't matter one bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

People still saying it is China's fault? It was obvious by mid January that this thing is dangerous. And when China began closing down roads few days before their most important holiday, it was even more obvious. And when they did a complete lockdown in the first few days of February, it was even MORE obvious.
    And you still didn't believe it.

And now China is at fault, because they didn't come out mid January that this is dangerous? As if you would have believed them.

Edit
    Just to be clear, not only the US. Other countries too.
    I argued like hell with my parents as early as the first half of January that they should start being careful, because my father is highly vulnerable to such a thing.
    Last edited by Inuyaki; 2020-03-25 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    snip
    you could have just put *laughs in iraq war* on the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    And now China is at fault, because they didn't come out mid January that this is dangerous? As if you would have believed them.
    The not believing part was not in China's hand...the warning was.

If a yell at you "Hey neighbor!!!! My kitchen is on fire so you better take your family out and run!!!" and you don't run it's your fault.

If I shut it's mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    The disease has the possibility of making your anti bodies go haywire and killing you in the process.
    Your current healthy condition is no guarantee.
    Source that this is a relevant concern? I have seen it multiple times - but I haven't seen any source saying that it actually happens.

That effect (cytokine storm) was an issue for the Spanish Flu - which explains why people around 20 were overrepresented in the fatality statistics back then, but we don't see anything similar in this case (doesn't make healthy 20-year olds safe - just less of a risk).

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    There is also no proof that once you had it you can't get sick from it again.
    But most health professionals are confident that it is the case, since if your immune system figures out how fight a disease it generally keeps that information for some time. The alleged cases showing that people got sick twice are likely testing problems, or rare cases.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Oh hi, Dribbles. You need to stop making so many alt-accounts.
    Eh? Not me, plus doesn't this site/forum have and use net fingerprinting? They would know if I had more than this account...

Meanwhile well done Sweden for controlling the virus, great figures... wish I was there.

Sweden refuses to bring in lockdowns, keeps bars open and even ENCOURAGES people to go out, Gatherings of 500 people banned - compared to more than two in Britain.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oing-pint.html

Are the rest of us overreacting much?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post

If a yell at you "Hey neighbor!!!! My kitchen is on fire so you better take your family out and run!!!" and you don't run it's your fault.

If I shut it's mine.
    If I see the fire, don't warn my family, stay put and some of them get burned it's not your fault though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post

If I shut it's mine.
    Except in your analogy I can already see that your kitchen is on fire, so the warning does not really matter at that point. I guess if it makes you feel better?

I get it, China is bad, we are not at fault...
    To be fair, China IS bad, but in this case it is laughable... they do a lot of really bad stuff (Stasi methods, Uyghur, stealing stuff, etc...), but you blame them for not warning you about something you could already have seen if you only opened your eyes instead of just go "na, this is nothing"?
    Trump downplayed that thing for way longer than the CCP btw.

So if it's so bad that the CCP downplayed the virus for a few weeks, I bet you are in mass protests that your oil industry downplayed the danger of climate change (in the long run way more deadly and disastrous than the virus btw) for 4 decades

10+ Year Old Account
    So the relief passed. Were they able to stop the mostly corporate bail out section from being rammed through?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    South Korea, Thailand, Japan, Singapore and China but they laid the road map on how to deal with it seems no one is paying attention.
    Instead of paying attention they were like "Asian totalitarianism bad, virus just a flu" *insert boomer meme face*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Source that this is a relevant concern? I have seen it multiple times - but I haven't seen any source saying that it actually happens.

That effect (cytokine storm) was an issue for the Spanish Flu - which explains why people around 20 were overrepresented in the fatality statistics back then, but we don't see anything similar in this case (doesn't make healthy 20-year olds safe - just less of a risk).

But most health professionals are confident that it is the case, since if your immune system figures out how fight a disease it generally keeps that information for some time. The alleged cases showing that people got sick twice are likely testing problems, or rare cases.
    Will see if i can find any relevant source later today, seen it crop up a few time that it is an issue for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    Except in your analogy I can already see that your kitchen is on fire, so the warning does not really matter at that point. I guess if it makes you feel better?

I get it, China is bad, we are not at fault...
    To be fair, China IS bad, but in this case it is laughable... they do a lot of really bad stuff (Stasi methods, Uyghur, stealing stuff, etc...), but you blame them for not warning you about something you could already have seen if you only opened your eyes instead of just go "na, this is nothing"?
    Trump downplayed that thing for way longer than the CCP btw.

So if it's so bad that the CCP downplayed the virus for a few weeks, I bet you are in mass protests that your oil industry downplayed the danger of climate change (in the long run way more deadly and disastrous than the virus btw) for 4 decades
    Please don't that. Just keep at the things that I said not the things that I didn't.

I'm not denying our responsibilty. We western countries have fucked up the one situation we could not allow to fuck....including China.

BIG BOLD CAPITAL FUCKING...as in this was the most important issue to not fuck and we did it.

I have a corrective slap for everyone:China,my country,the EU.....we all ,once this is done ,really need to sit and analyze our our responsibilites but you can't dismiss those "few weeks" because from WHO to the CDC to every single organism has pointed out those "few weeks" were the critical moment that could have changed the face of it all. Don't make "those weeks" as irrelevant because they weren't.

This is a chain of events were every single link has proved to be broken so if you understood:"China's fault not mine" it's not that.

It's my fault...and china's too.
    Last edited by PrimiOne; 2020-03-25 at 05:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Remember that it's allergy season in TX too, and those motherfucking cedars are a horrible nightmare.

I started coughing too as soon as I got back from vacation.

10+ Year Old Account
    While Xi's, honor guard of useful idiots keeps trying to whitewash China's criminal activity in this matter, I guess I'll just share the first case of Coronavirus related fraud attempt that went to the court.

A 50 years old sales agent working for some small chain of stores selling various factory produce has tried to extort a "bonus" from the factory owner, by threatening to declare himself as one who came in contact with coronavirus patient and sending the whole factory to the quarantine forcing it to close doors.

He said this shit open text to the owner of the factory via messaging and after he was obviously let go for this and asked to return the car issued by the company, he attempted to burn said car under pretext of factory owners trying to murder him. He was filmed by a camera trying to do it, first time unsuccessfully and second time successfully. Forensics found that car fire was started at the back seat with acetone spilled all over the seats and no sign of any sort of electrical failures that could cause it.

Said moron was indicted and released to the house arrest while proceeding are ongoing.

Guess we'll see a spike of this shit too soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like with China's official GDP growth the past decade. Officially 6.5%-8% annually. Unofficially 0%-3% at best. That's a bullshit number, but a harmless one for the most part. Everyone knows China's GDP numbers are works of fiction. But when the work of fiction is a number of virus carriers, that can kill people.
    There are other ways of measuring GDP. The indirect one is the best one, they went from ridding bikes back in the 80's to being able to produce cars and having huge traffic jams.

Also they have companies like huawei that are even able to produce their own cpu's... All of that traduces in GDP increase.