10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    This is the talk of a child. Blame the person highest up when someone screws up that they weren't being watched.
    The funny thing, is if Trump didn't keep saying he knows more than the doctors over and over to his rabid fanbase, you might have had a point there.

It's a shame you don't. It was a good attempt -- it would have worked in most cases. But Trump said he's the best bestiest best expert. When you say you're the best at something, and then say something is a good idea, you're putting your weight behind it as an endorsement. Sorry. I don't make the rules. I just see to it they're followed without hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The funny thing, is if Trump didn't keep saying he knows more than the doctors over and over to his rabid fanbase, you might have had a point there.

It's a shame you don't. It was a good attempt -- it would have worked in most cases. But Trump said he's the best bestiest best expert. When you say you're the best at something, and then say something is a good idea, you're putting your weight behind it as an endorsement. Sorry. I don't make the rules. I just see to it they're followed without hypocrisy.
    So if someone tells someone to go jump off a bridge it will cure sadness and someone does it would be the other persons fault? I don't get this blame projection on stupidity. Some people are just dumb. Look at how much as seen on TV stuff sells

10+ Year Old Account
    So if someone tells someone to go jump off a bridge it will cure sadness and someone does it would be the other persons fault?
    Hyperbolic Strawman. Please post constructively.

Its official, even Trump supporters are admitting it's a cult.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Its official, even Trump supporters are admitting it's a cult.
    Every leader has people who acts cultish underneath them... Obama had that Clinton has it Bush and Cheney had it when they were in power.

Well the thread is meant to be all about the stock market.
    So here is where we are at:

DOW +470
    NASDAQ -12

Boeing 171 (it was 92 less than a week ago) +45 for the day... err morning

Crude Oil $24

At this point I don't even have the foggiest clue as to what might happen next.

Every leader has people who acts cultish underneath them... Obama had that Clinton has it Bush and Cheney had it when they were in power.
    So, literally drinking the poison at this point. That's some historical irony.

10+ Year Old Account
    All he said was they are looking at this drug to give people a little hope.
    First of all that's not all he said.

Second of all Trump is in now way shape or form a scientist or medical professional. He should have those people talk about it not ramble on about drugs that may or may not work in a way that just muddies the water for people who don't know better.

He's a narcissistic moron who can't help but talk about everything he knows when he doesn't actually know anything and should defer to professionals. But by all means keep talking about how he doesn't have any responsibility for what he says. Maybe you'll convince someone other than yourself at some point.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Well the thread is meant to be all about the stock market.
    So here is where we are at:

DOW +470
    NASDAQ -12

Boeing 171 (it was 92 less than a week ago) +45 for the day... err morning

Crude Oil $24

At this point I don't even have the foggiest clue as to what might happen next.
    Yea market is way to volatile to get involved right now. Im waiting until we get good word on when we are lifting a bunch of these shelter in place orders to reset my 401k

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Boeing 171 (it was 92 less than a week ago) +45 for the day... err morning.
    We have seen extensive talk of airline bailouts.

The bill is also expected to include roughly $100 billion in assistance for hospitals; $350 billion in assistance to small businesses; $500 billion in aid for corporations, including airline companies and cruise lines, that have been hurt by the outbreak; and about $150 billion for state and local stimulus funds.
    I suppose someone will post that the corporate bailouts are loans. I've seen the term "a major corporate liquidity program through the Federal Reserve" which is probably a loan of sorts. Problem is, Boeing offers no collateral. They already owe enormous sums of money, because they were in such trouble before. I think it's forseeable that Boeing, aided by their strong WH contacts, will find a way to take the money and just not pay it back, possibly by going bankrupt and dividing the company. I hope not, that would screw the Fed and taxpayers, but at this point I don't trust anyone allied to Trump (such as a Boeing CEO picked to run the Pentagon) to stay in business, when they could go bankrupt and just not pay what they're contractually owed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    First of all that's not all he said.

Second of all Trump is in now way shape or form a scientist or medical professional. He should have those people talk about it not ramble on about drugs that may or may not work in a way that just muddies the water for people who don't know better.

He's a narcissistic moron who can't help but talk about everything he knows when he doesn't actually know anything and should defer to professionals. But by all means keep talking about how he doesn't have any responsibility for what he says. Maybe you'll convince someone other than yourself at some point.
    They took FISH antibiotics. It would be his fault if they robbed a pharmacy and started taking it. Or if they bought the human version. They literally took FISH read it again FISH antibiotics. It was 1 just 1 of the ingrediants in it. How much did these idiots take anyway. How did they decide how much. Did Trump give a dosage amount in that press conference I missed. Did he say the how often to take it? They took it upon themselves its on them.

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose someone will post that the corporate bailouts are loans. I've seen the term "a major corporate liquidity program through the Federal Reserve" which is probably a loan of sorts. Problem is, Boeing offers no collateral. They already owe enormous sums of money, because they were in such trouble before. I think it's forseeable that Boeing, aided by their strong WH contacts, will find a way to take the money and just not pay it back, possibly by going bankrupt and dividing the company. I hope not, that would screw the Fed and taxpayers, but at this point I don't trust anyone allied to Trump (such as a Boeing CEO picked to run the Pentagon) to stay in business, when they could go bankrupt and just not pay what they're contractually owed.
    We will have to see what protection and over sight the Dems got added into it. If there isn't any. Delta or Southwest would be a good buy. Same with some of the major hotels. Keep them short term though up to 2 weeks at most and sell off before they stabilize

10+ Year Old Account
    They took FISH antibiotics. It would be his fault if they robbed a pharmacy and started taking it. Or if they bought the human version. They literally took FISH read it again FISH antibiotics. It was 1 just 1 of the ingrediants in it. How much did these idiots take anyway. How did they decide how much. Did Trump give a dosage amount in that press conference I missed. Did he say the how often to take it? They took it upon themselves its on them.
    This doesn't contract what I posted in any fashion.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

I get that we need to make sure that the corporations don't come out ahead, and get free cash, etc. I realize I'm going to take some serious flak for this, but on the other hand, companies like Boeing need to survive, for the United States. The jobs they create, etc, are crucial for the country.

I don't think Boeing has done a good job, and they need to be reeled in a bit on the stock buy-back/etc, and they were already suffering because of the 737 MAX catastrophe, but we need them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump was pretty much right. He could shoot someone in broad daylight, and people would still be saying "well he probably deserved it. Idiot like that shouldn't have been standing in the way of the bullet."

10+ Year Old Account
    We will have to see what protection and over sight the Dems got added into it.
    The bill calls for an oversight panel.

Actually, there's more.

The bill bans stock buybacks for any corporation that accepts government loans during the term of their assistance plus one year.

Schumer added a provision to ban businesses owned by the president, vice president, members of Congress and the heads of federal executive departments from receiving loans or investments through the corporate liquidity program. The prohibition also applies to their children, spouses and in-laws.

The legislation creates an inspector general and oversight committee for the corporate assistance program, similar to what was done for the Troubled Asset Relief Program of a decade ago, according to the senior administration official.
    The linked TheHill article also says there's, um, "confusion" as to whether the benefits are grants or "snap loans". In my opinion, if you aren't sure if it's a loan, it's not a loan. Loans are clear about how much you owe and when/how you pay back.

The bill calls for an oversight panel.

Actually, there's more.

The linked TheHill article also says there's, um, "confusion" as to whether the benefits are grants or "snap loans". In my opinion, if you aren't sure if it's a loan, it's not a loan. Loans are clear about how much you owe and when/how you pay back.
    Exactly they aren't loans for some of these. Also I keep hearing if you didn't file taxes in the year they are looking at for how much you made, you are not getting a stimulus check. So if its 2018 and either you collected SSI or you weren't working you aren't getting a check.

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep hearing if you didn't file taxes in the year they are looking at for how much you made, you are not getting a stimulus check.
    You almost certainly heard that about the Senate GOP bill. If it's in the new agreed-upon bill, it hasn't been mentioned much.

You almost certainly heard that about the Senate GOP bill. If it's in the new agreed-upon bill, it hasn't been mentioned much.
    No nothing about what qualifies you to receive it has come out yet that's what I mean. Theres a lot in the bill still unknown which is why I am wondering what oversight actually means. All we know is no one in politics federally can benefit from it.

No nothing about what qualifies you to receive it has come out yet that's what I mean. Theres a lot in the bill still unknown which is why I am wondering what oversight actually means. All we know is no one in politics federally can benefit from it.
    An IG appointed by congress and a bipartisan 5 panel person will oversee the distribution, politicians including Trump are not allowed to benefit more details will come out after the vote but that was the main stickler.

You have to pass it first to be able to read it....lol.....

- - - Updated - - -

so I pulled the trigger on some stocks yesterday thinking we were at or near a short term bottom
    I am risking that tomorrows report won't be as bad as we think. Next week numbers however might hit the numbers they are talking about.

though I am killing myself for not getting in on Monday like I wanted to, I was just too freaked out over unemployment.

Anyone else buying this week?

I gambled in UAL
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!