Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think the timer is what makes M+ inherently interesting so no, I don't want M+ without a timer. An interesting compromise would be a group of challenging dungeons that drop +10 quality gear but are not able to be done in M+. Think one part Magister's Terrace, one part the Heroic ICC dungeons. I doubt Blizzard would do it but it'd be a nice in-between.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Making QoL worse is not the way to fix the game. Just look at Classic, all the boomers are starting to realize that intentionally making the game worse because "that's how it was in 2004" is stupid(an example being spell batching)
    Batching wasn't exactly an intended choice, but a technical restriction.
    You'd be hardpressed to find people who also called the debuff cap a good design choice, it also was just a technical restriction.

If Blizzard had found to way to get rid off batching in 2005, they would have most likely implemented it.

Classic is supposed to be a as close as possible recreation on a technical level, not a "Classic remastered".

Speedrunning has no place in an mmo, so yes.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    A challenging activity does not have to require a timer to be challenging.

There are plenty of rpgs out there that are challenging and don’t have timers.
    Turns out we're playing an MMORPG, not just an RPG.

If there was no timer, people would be running content that is way out of their league by lusting on every pull.

Sounds a bit wrong that people who require lust on every pull deserve the same reward as people who can do it without.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Batching wasn't exactly an intended choice, but a technical restriction.
    You'd be hardpressed to find people who also called the debuff cap a good design choice, it also was just a technical restriction.

If Blizzard had found to way to get rid off batching in 2005, they would have most likely implemented it.

Classic is supposed to be a as close as possible recreation on a technical level, not a "Classic remastered".
    Yes, at the time they were necessary. In Classic they're things that intentionally make the game worse.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yes, at the time they were necessary. In Classic they're things that intentionally make the game worse.
    No, just authentic, because that was the product that Blizzard wanted to deliver: an authentic experience.

15+ Year Old Account
    Whats next, you wanna add 4 NPCs for M+ so u can do it without any human interaction?

If u cant beat the M+ timer, u dont deserve the loot, just stop being bad, stop pugging.

Doing M+ with a full proper guild group of GOOD people will make go smooth.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald The Mcdonald View Post
    This isn't just a normal rpg though where you're the only player. This is an MMORPG where millions play this game. It isn't fair to players who actively complete challenges the way as intended, to get the same rewards as someone who doesn't do it as designed.
    Look at it that way:
    Even IF a group needs bloodlust for every trash pack in a dungeon, because they could not do it otherwise, players who do it "the way it is designed" can do multiple m+ in the time the lust player takes to do one. Meaning they still have a major competitive edge. Besides that: In my experience most groups disband after a few wipes anyway, even if you get loot for just completing the dungeon. So wiping through a dungeon would be neglectable I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post

If there was no timer, people would be running content that is way out of their league by lusting on every pull.

Sounds a bit wrong that people who require lust on every pull deserve the same reward as people who can do it without.
    >Group A is a bunch of plebs that need to use bloodlust on every pull. This makes them incredibly slow. All that waiting means they take 2 hours to clear the dungeon. Not all of them get an item in the end.

>Group B is made up of highly skilled players. They breeze through the dungeon in 10 minutes. In the same time group A needed to clear one dungeon, they clear 10, and get a lot more items.

I see absolutely no problem with this.

mythic+ doesn't work without timer... it's the foundation of the system.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Why not just run heroic or normal mythic? They have no timers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post

You used 3 tanks/2 healers
    Thats how you create brainless content, next.

So basically just dungeons tuned harder?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald The Mcdonald View Post
    This isn't just a normal rpg though where you're the only player. This is an MMORPG where millions play this game. It isn't fair to players who actively complete challenges the way as intended, to get the same rewards as someone who doesn't do it as designed.
    You are totally right.

I am only wondering if putting a timer is the only way to offer a challenge, be it a solo or grouped challenge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    And there are plenty of things to do in WoW that dont have timers as well. No need to add more when it isnt needed.

- - - Updated - - -

They said far worse... not slightly worse.
    Yes, but that “plenty of things without a timer” to do offer far worse rewards than “timed activities”.

FAR worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post

People who make 10+ in time are not gifted by the god of skill, they are simply lucky enough to be in a good guild and have more time to waste in game than the average joe.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post

People who make 10+ in time are not gifted by the god of skill, they are simply lucky enough to be in a good guild and have more time to waste in game than the average joe.
    There's no luck involved in "being in a good guild" nor does it take massive number of hours to get +10s done.

Quote Originally Posted by Diliamlol View Post
    Why not just run heroic or normal mythic? They have no timers.
    Because their rewards are worse than world quests.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Look at it that way:
    Even IF a group needs bloodlust for every trash pack in a dungeon, because they could not do it otherwise, players who do it "the way it is designed" can do multiple m+ in the time the lust player takes to do one. Meaning they still have a major competitive edge. Besides that: In my experience most groups disband after a few wipes anyway, even if you get loot for just completing the dungeon. So wiping through a dungeon would be neglectable I think.
    The loot isn't the only reward you receive however. You also obtain an upgrade or a downgrade to your key. It is not fair for group B to spend 5-10 hours in a dungeon and have there key still upgrade and get loot while group A gains though same rewards. There has to be a balance to these things. No one is saying Group B can't get better and gain that competitive edge but if they're actively choosing not to pursue that edge then they shouldn't gain the same exact rewards as people who are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Would you enjoy a Mythic+ without a timer?

I think it might make the community less toxic and would love such mode.

I'm all for

"If you can complete it, you get the rewards" regardless of time.

You used 3 tanks/2 healers and it took you 2 hours but managed to finish it? Congrats! You put the effort into it and made it, here is your reward and key upgrade.
    It is called Heroic and mythic 0, q for it.

It depends on what makes the M+ difficult. The issue with timeless content is that you can simply clear it with tanks and healers and it will be really easy. Timer is why DPS are importants. You have to kill something quick. There is no other purpose a DPS can have outside of making the group gain time.

I don't think removing timer is a good idea. But I think having alternative objectives can be a good solution, like doing a M+ without any death or things like that for extra loots.

Quote Originally Posted by dess View Post
    It is called Heroic and mythic 0, q for it.
    If heroic and Mythic+0 had affixes and scaled up via keys I would def queue for them

Heroic+
    Mythic+0+