Poll: Would you?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Or people, you know, just like the way BM plays and aren't all blithering morons as you portray them?

BM was even easier in Legion (downtime as high as 30-40% in the first tier) and MM was more complex than now yet through much of the expansion MM was more popular. BM's popularity in that expansion peaked when the Dire Frenzy build was the meta which was more involved than the later zoo build for BM.

The reason people aren't playing MM today is because it doesn't really have a niche. BM flat out does everything better now, and in the previous tiers MM only really held up in BoD where it was pretty good for single-target fights. At that time you actually had pretty good parity between how much BM and MM were played.

The entire history of this class shows that people are willing to play MM if it's good. The problem is it just isn't good that often.
    Dude I know you hate me, but the truth is that I actually really likes BM hunter and I play it a lot. It's not my main right now but that's only because my guild is full of hunters right now. But I play BM in both high M+ keys and Mythic raids when we have alt nights. I love the feeling of the spec. But there is no reason to lie about the attractiveness of BM. Sure the class fantasy is great and it is awesome to have pets, but BM is also just way easier and way more forgiving than most classes to play in high end content. When I say this I'm not talking about min-max'ing 100 parses. I'm talking about the effort you need to put in to get a good decent performance. BM and DH are just in a league of their own right now. There is no need to pretend otherwise. Sure BM was even easier in Legion, but BM is still a ranged spec with instant attacks and a fairly easy rotation. I really like BM but it is the most chill spec in the game. Especially in M+. DH is also super easy with a very very simple rotation and good survivability, but to be fair most mechanics in M+'s happen in melee range, so being a fully mobile class with all instant attacks is a huge advantage. Don't get me wrong, I love BM, I'm just being honest and I think people should also just be honest about. No need to cover it up <3
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-03-25 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    BM is also just way easier and way more forgiving than most classes to play in high end content
    It's not so much you're underestimating BM's challenge but overestimating the challenge of everything else. Very few specs in this game are legitimately challenging and most of them are not as far ahead of BM in that regard as people like to think.

The example in this thread is MM. MM is hardly more mechanically complex than BM, if at all. It doesn't have Frenzy/DoD and 2 different cooldowns with their own interdependence and CDR. It's priority system is exceedingly simplistic, and I'd actually argue this is hurting the spec more than any alleged "higher difficulty"; it feels more static than BM, even ignoring the vast output difference right now. The only thing MM has on BM is the movement penalty, and even then it's pretty easily overcome given the amount of leeway Aimed Shot gives you nowadays with its 2 charges. There's also the fact that the infinite movement just isn't as enormous a boost in most encounters as it seems; movement isn't usually something that's happening all the time.

I honestly think DH is easier than BM especially with corruption. BM is one of the best specs in the game at dealing with corruption because of the sheer amount of tools we have to deal with Thing From Beyond. We can trap it, stun it, feign it, or even outrun it. Thing is, we have to actually do something. Demon Hunters can often just flat out take the hits and not bat an eye with their insane mitigation and self healing. BM is good because it can DPS while moving but its capability to survive damage is a lot lower than many other specs.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Unless youre doing mythic+ MM is on par with BM in nyalotha

in PvP marks beats BMs ass
    Marksman is the least represented spec in all of ranked pvp. Hunters as a whole is underrepresented but you’ll at least sometimes see a BM or surv hunter in higher ranking pvp while MM is completely dead. It’s had the reputation for worst pvp spec through all of BFA.

i'd play MM if it was any iteration before BFA, even legion. the current spec is trash.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yep, I did when bfa released and still do. Marksmanship is doing hella damage right now and I'm lovin' it. In pve the playstyle is fast with hella crits and in pvp rapid fire literally melts people. Though I'd prefer wod's version over anything after.

Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    Yep, I did when bfa released and still do. Marksmanship is doing hella damage right now and I'm lovin' it. In pve the playstyle is fast with hella crits and in pvp rapid fire literally melts people. Though I'd prefer wod's version over anything after.
    Nice to see you are still playing man! Love your videos!

Been MM since mid Legion, never once went BM.

I too can't understand people who say MM is slow and awful, those juicy bouncy crits during Trueshot almost every minute are amazing, and burst in general is really high, especially if you can get good use out of Careful Aim talent.

What traits are you running for Pve/pvp?
    Last edited by Jamais; 2020-03-27 at 06:50 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would still play hunter and I would still play BM. Why isn't this an option?

It's not so much you're underestimating BM's challenge but overestimating the challenge of everything else. Very few specs in this game are legitimately challenging and most of them are not as far ahead of BM in that regard as people like to think.
    This depends on the context. I agree that if you are hitting a target dummy or a pure single target boss with simple mechanics then other specs are as easy as BM. DH is even easier. But if you look at a high M+ key or a Mythic raid boss then BM is just the spec that requires the least effort to perform well on. DH is very close but since most mechanics in M+ happens in melee range, BM still has an advantage. However Havoc is also an extremely easy spec to play. BM and Havoc are the two specs in the game which requires the least effort to play in high-end content. There is no reason to deny that and people like those two specs because they require very little effort.

Can I ask you, have you really played other specs than BM in high-end content in BFA. Because when I talk about effort and difficulty I'm not talking about what you can see on the paper. I'm talking about how they actual feel in practical situation when you actually brings them to a mythic raid boss or a +20 key.

- - - Updated - - -

The example in this thread is MM. MM is hardly more mechanically complex than BM, if at all. It doesn't have Frenzy/DoD and 2 different cooldowns with their own interdependence and CDR. It's priority system is exceedingly simplistic, and I'd actually argue this is hurting the spec more than any alleged "higher difficulty"; it feels more static than BM, even ignoring the vast output difference right now. The only thing MM has on BM is the movement penalty, and even then it's pretty easily overcome given the amount of leeway Aimed Shot gives you nowadays with its 2 charges. There's also the fact that the infinite movement just isn't as enormous a boost in most encounters as it seems; movement isn't usually something that's happening all the time.
    But have you actually played MM in a high m+ key? Are you talking from pratical knowledge or are you just basing this on theory?

BM is good because it can DPS while moving but its capability to survive damage is a lot lower than many other specs.
    Again is this something you have actual experience with or are you just looking at what the paper says? Or are you just comparing to Havoc Demon Hunter?

I often see people who only plays BM hunter and are completely delusional of anything else in the game.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-03-28 at 11:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    MM is my fav spec on hunter so yeah. BM is damn boring spec to play. Only good thing it has is the selfheals and defensives you get from having a pet.
    Video bellow shows pretty well how versatile MM can be in correct hands (he is not even that well geared in the video).

Quote Originally Posted by Silversorrow View Post
    I would still play hunter and I would still play BM. Why isn't this an option?
    And a lot of people share your opinion. Just look at the logs from 8.1 BOD.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...et=75&region=1

But to be fair, if you read the options again you will see that the first one doesn't say anything about you not playing BM. You just say "Yes I would play my hunter".
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-03-28 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    BFA MM is shit design. Fuck it.
    Go back to wowhead and stay there, don't want to see your bullshit here too.

You know, I rerolled to MM in Warlords and I actually loved that spec during that exp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Go back to wowhead and stay there, don't want to see your bullshit here too.
    Go fuck yourself you brainless retard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamais View Post
    Nice to see you are still playing man! Love your videos!

Been MM since mid Legion, never once went BM.

I too can't understand people who say MM is slow and awful, those juicy bouncy crits during Trueshot almost every minute are amazing, and burst in general is really high, especially if you can get good use out of Careful Aim talent.

What traits are you running for Pve/pvp?
    Right on! JUICY MY DUDE lol

pve I use 2x unerring, surging, 1 focused, 2x in the rhythm. Haste/crit focused
    pvp I use 3x surging, 2x focused and the engineering helm. mastery/versa focused

But have you actually played MM in a high m+ key? Are you talking from pratical knowledge or are you just basing this on theory?
    Yes I played MM in M+ back when it was more on-par with BM. There was negligible difference in challenge.

Again is this something you have actual experience with or are you just looking at what the paper says? Or are you just comparing to Havoc Demon Hunter?

I often see people who only plays BM hunter and are completely delusional of anything else in the game.
    I'm with Epic on this one. You're grossly overestimating the difficulty of some other builds. (Although your anti-BM crusade has been getting a bit stale lately)

BM has a huge boon in it's limitless mobility while DPSing, but it's also an overplayed thing. A lot of specs are really easy to play and/or have a lot of leeway in their rotation. A lot of M+ is not restricting because of constant motion.

Having played both MM and BM at decent M+ levels (+18 for BM / +17 for MM) I can say that MM really isn't much harder. The only thing that sucks as MM is that you're very much reliant on specific pulls due to the AoE caps (as in, tank needs to pull 1 or 3-6 targets or you're going to get outmatched fast).

Movement practically never bothered me much as MM.
    Looking purely at the rotation, I would say that MM is more straight forward and in some way easier. There is very little specific you need to watch and the cast times give you a little bit of time to plan ahead. Whereas BM (especially at higher stat levels) becomes more GCD locked and random with Barbed Shot procs.

Don't get me wrong though. I would love for BM and MM to get some more depth. I find both specs could really use something extra to give you an option to stand out more as an individual player. But that's a thing that goes for a lot more classes at the moment; too much 'skillless' damage sources, and corruption only made that worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinex View Post
    I'm curious to know your feelings towards the hunter class atm.
    Personally I hate Legion/BFA MM hunters and would not be playing one right now if MM was better than BM.
    What is "stronger" exactly?

Just better DPS?

I initially hated Legion's MM, but it grew on me a lot, to the point that I actually re-rolled in BFA because I missed it and couldn't get into the reworked version. I would have liked to stick with hunter, but I hate pet specs (BM), and a melee hunter spec just never sat right (surv). Due to those factors, if I was to play hunter again, I would still go MM no matter how much worse it was meter-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    What is "stronger" exactly?

Just better DPS?
    Yeah
    /10cha

If you only play a spec that is both fun and fotm you are used to switching characters or you don't play much wow. In this situation BM would still be as good as it is now so would people quit just because something else they dont want to play is stronger? What a weird fucking mindset to play a game. You can do anything with any spec, if you min max everything then surely it doesnt matter what you're playing.