10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    Jesus christ the discrimination is unreal those days.

I have a Chinese background and whenever I go to a grocery store or ordering a pick up, there is always some motherfucker just stare at me straight in the face man. Probably because I am wearing a mask (sometimes I didn't cover my nose because I am wearing glasses and if I breath a lot, my glasses will be completely covered by fog and I can't see anything)

And I almost got engage in a fight at a local beer store today, this white dude in front of me waiting to purchase something, there is this lady taking forever to do something, so he goes to the other lane, and I go to the other lane, what is the fking problem he stares at me, I was also annoyed his ignorance for switching the lane. This motherfker wearing big puffed jacket think he is big and tough, after he bought the beers and he still stares at me wtf man, if he got a problem come at me.

Fucking losers those day man, sorry for this vent.
    I guess switch to hazmat suit
    But yeah if people think you are from China as a tourist, they will look at you. Not much you can do, unless you wear a shirt -- i am not from China or something.

However masks are used generaly by sick people to not spread the virus (and doctors), so it could also be that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Not just this, but looks like number of scams in general have increased.

In last few days for some reason while watching YouTube I've seen ads for several pyramid schemes, two "spiritual healer"-like scams. Obviously clicked each of them so channels I was watching could get some money from those scammers.

I think number of scams will only increase. Many people are losing jobs, some of them are not below scamming other people, be it cure for Covid19 or some other type of scam.
    Scammers are just targeting people that lost their job perma. Best you can do is report them to some1 so they take down the site and hopefully arrest them.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I just need to vent.

With the shops being closed, we decided to order a couple of things we need for home office via Amazon.

Who would have thought, nothing will arrive. Items usually available within 48 hours don't even have expected delivery dates on them. I'm talking HDMI cables, not toilet paper. The very moment people turn to online shopping for real, to substitute physical stores, the system collapses. I hope this nightmare is over soon. I need to currently manage 4 systems for which I used to have 5 screens around me, now I'm stuck with a single laptop screen.
    I believe the demand for HDMI-cables has increased a lot with people working from home. The next pandemic remember to borrow them from work.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Try some smaller local retailer instead of amazon?
    I will. I'm taking a vacation for a few days just to sort myself out. I can't stay away from my duties at the moment and in the evening it's too late to go out, nothing will be open.

My hope is to find a tech store that will accept pick up of any kind, or someone who still does deliveries. DHL or UPS are entirely overwhelmed at the moment. A friend of mine works for DHL. He says they're burning out. So many deliveries are piling up and they're ultra short on staff for various reasons.

15+ Year Old Account
    More Americans are dying daily to coronavirus now that they had soldiers die daily during WW2.

Surely nothing to worry about.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I believe the demand for HDMI-cables has increased a lot with people working from home. The next pandemic remember to borrow them from work.
    Our company handled this badly.
    One day they were like... Ok, if you want to stay home, you can get your hardware.
    Almost immediately followed by... Ok sorry we decided to close our office. Please work from home. Nobody will be at the office to give your hardware out. If you need to buy something for work, file a purchase order and we'll likely grant you the budget.

Funny how that didn't work out for anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

More Americans are dying daily to coronavirus now that they had soldiers die daily during WW2.

Surely nothing to worry about.
    How is that even possible?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    The amount of people selling lies to "cure" this is absurd. We had a person posting that article about olive oil, something straight from the Quran, Christians are either selling faith healing or magical supplements, others are offering penance as apparently this is a curse from god for our way of living. On social media you have tons of con artists and people pushing their agenda about this, vegans, carnivores, keto advocates, all sorts of nutrition people, what has essentially become a religion for some offering bad advice.

How much of a shitstain of a person do you have to be benefit of others in this situation and this should be considered criminal.
    You think that's bad?

Here you go: https://kenya-today.co.ke/2020/03/19...t-coronavirus/

I honestly am not sure if this is true, it's so surreal. Pastor made congregation drink fucking bleach, because apparently it's a cure - God told him so. 59 dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You think that's bad?

Here you go: https://kenya-today.co.ke/2020/03/19...t-coronavirus/

I honestly am not sure if this is true, it's so surreal. Pastor made congregation drink fucking bleach, because apparently it's a cure - God told him so.
    Well they were cured. Sort of. They no longer have to deal with being infected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

15+ Year Old Account
    How is that even possible?
    400k deaths, 4 years. Roughly 300 deaths per day.

Italians had 500k deaths, 5ish years so roughly the same.

This thing is literally already worse for both of those countries than WORLD WAR 2.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Wanted: A coronavirus test to identify people who were infected and then recovered

In the coronavirus pandemic, the next testing challenge will be to diagnose the recovered.

Identifying those who are no longer sick with COVID-19 may not seem as urgent as testing those who may be newly infected. So why scramble to confirm that patients have returned to health or find ones who never seemed sick in the first place?

The answer: Because they can provide care, and perhaps a cure, for those who are sick with COVID-19. And their numbers will offer a barometer of how near we are to this pandemic’s end.

Public health authorities suspect that tens of thousands of Americans, if not more, have had COVID-19 without realizing it because they suffered few or very mild symptoms.

Around the world, more than 100,000 former patients have been tagged as “recovered.” But that is likely a tiny fraction of the true total.

Now immune to reinfection — at least for a while — many of these recovered people could safely go back to work. They could care for those who are ill or who are at high risk of dying if they become ill. They could donate their antibody-rich blood to be used as medicine for the critically ill.

They could be among the first to return to life as we used to know it.

But first, officials need a test to identify this population.

400k deaths, 4 years. Roughly 300 deaths per day.

Italians had 500k deaths, 5ish years so roughly the same.

This thing is literally already worse for both of those countries than WORLD WAR 2.
    At least according to https://interaktiv.morgenpost.de/cor...land-weltweit/ the USA has 900 deaths in total so far. Don't overblow it yet please.

15+ Year Old Account
    At least according to https://interaktiv.morgenpost.de/cor...land-weltweit/ the USA has 900 deaths in total so far. Don't overblow it yet please.
    Yes and 300 of those deaths happened yesterday.

Yes and 300 of those deaths happened yesterday.
    It will flatten out at some point. Don't insult WW2 by comparing them yet. Compare them when the death toll comes closer. WW2 is still in it's own league

15+ Year Old Account
    It will flatten out at some point. Don't insult WW2 by comparing them yet. Compare them when the death toll comes closer. WW2 is still in it's own league
    Flatten? The graphs are pretty much skyrocketing vertically right now. There's a long way to go for flattening to happen and this epidemic has just started.

Flatten? The graphs are pretty much skyrocketing vertically right now. There's a long way to go for flattening to happen and this epidemic has just started.
    If you think that corona will last for four years, you're being overly dramatic. Herd immunity, a vaccine or simply an effective medicine will come before that.

Of course it's a shit situation because we were really not prepared, but it's not WW2. The situation looks much better in Korea already for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will flatten? You think?

I'll tell you what, my country introduced measures US is still musing about almost good 10 days. You think curve flattened? Like hell it did.

PM told us that if this curve continues as is despite already severe restrictions already in place for a while, he will issue a complete full lockdown order in a few days. Additionally he said that at current rate, we will have to start deciding who gets ventilated and who doesn't in 15 days.

How will it, pray tell. flatten if you guys are only thinking whether to do what we did 10 days ago. Good job boys, you locked down NY, finally. Except every moron can take his car and drive where they fuck they want to other states with only recommendation to self-isolate pretty please with sugar on top on arrival.

We're "lucky" to have put up the measures when we did and we still ended up with 2.5k cases and 5 dead already for a population of 9 million, that's about 400 new cases and 3 dead just today.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-03-25 at 11:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you think that corona will last for four years, you're being overly dramatic. Herd immunity, a vaccine or simply an effective medicine will come before that.

Of course it's a shit situation because we were really not prepared, but it's not WW2. The situation looks much better in Korea already for example.
    It doesn't need to last four years to surpass WW2. 6 months and we are seeing WW2 total numbers. Most countries lost 0,5-1,5% of their population in WW2, which is roughly the same that is estimated for covid19 within the next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It will flatten? You think?

I'll tell you what, my country introduced measures US is still musing about almost good 10 days. You think curve flattened? Like hell it did.

PM told us that if this curve continues as is despite already severe restrictions already in place for a while, he will issue a complete full lockdown order in a few days. Additionally he said that at current rate, we will have to start deciding who gets ventilated and who doesn't in 15 days.

How will it, pray tell. flatten if you guys are only thinking whether to do what we did 10 days ago.
    Well yes of course, it won't flatten magically. I hope our leaders are smart enough to do the right thing and to put us all on lock down.
    I'm the first to rant about it on MMO, but that doesn't mean it's not the right decision. If we leave it unchecked we're fucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well yes of course, it won't flatten magically. I hope our leaders are smart enough to do the right thing and to put us all on lock down.
    I'm the first to rant about it on MMO, but that doesn't mean it's not the right decision. If we leave it unchecked we're fucked.
    Yes, I hope they are. They do seem to have some plan and I'm sure it's not just some retards doing random shit, but there are still some big gaps that make me raise my eyebrows.

They messed up initial response and there still seems to be reluctance to put in place and enforce tougher measures both at Federal and State level. I'm not sure what's the plan there, but the virus won't just fizzle by itself.

It doesn't need to last four years to surpass WW2. 6 months and we are seeing WW2 total numbers. Most countries lost 0,5-1,5% of their population in WW2, which is roughly the same that is estimated for covid19 within the next year.
    For the sake of both of us, I hope I can prove you wrong in 6 months. I trust science to come up with a solution/cure until the end of the year.

Well we aren't flattening it because there is no coordinated effort, we could be looking to upwards of 2.2 million Americans dead and Trump is talking about lifting everything by easter.