10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    You have to pass it first to be able to read it....lol.....

- - - Updated - - -

so I pulled the trigger on some stocks yesterday thinking we were at or near a short term bottom
    I am risking that tomorrows report won't be as bad as we think. Next week numbers however might hit the numbers they are talking about.

though I am killing myself for not getting in on Monday like I wanted to, I was just too freaked out over unemployment.

Anyone else buying this week?

I gambled in UAL
    I'm holding this week to see how it goes. Last week was a huge week for me investment wise, My only regret is that I balked on getting 10 or so tesla stocks while it was low (thought it might get just a little bit lower), though getting Uber right at the bottom made up for it. My estimate is that we're going to start seeing a second dip in some markets as layoffs start having their impact, but we aren't going to get the crazy, silly reactionary drops where nationwide companies with good balance sheets are being passed off for under 5 bucks a share.

- - - Updated - - -

so I pulled the trigger on some stocks yesterday thinking we were at or near a short term bottom
    I am risking that tomorrows report won't be as bad as we think. Next week numbers however might hit the numbers they are talking about.

though I am killing myself for not getting in on Monday like I wanted to, I was just too freaked out over unemployment.

I gambled in UAL
    It has lost almost 80% of its market cap. Any further losses will put it into penny stock territory. So I don't see it going down any further.

That's why I don't think we will be seeing any big drops for awhile. The stocks that are at the bottom right now do not have much left to give. Most of the small cap and mid cap oil stocks are already in penny stock territory or worse. Their market cap is so low now that even if they go down another 80%, it will be barely a blip.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    It has lost almost 80% of its market cap. Any further losses will put it into penny stock territory. So I don't see it going down any further.

That's why I don't think we will be seeing any big drops for awhile. The stocks that are at the bottom right now do not have much left to give. Most of the small cap and mid cap oil stocks are already in penny stock territory or worse. Their market cap is so low now that even if they go down another 80%, it will be barely a blip.
    Hit almost 40 today

Boeing appears to be getting a full on almost bailout instead of loans like other companies and industries.
    Explains why there was so much buying in the last few days

seems like insider trading in congress is really scared of those silly laws.....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Hit almost 40 today

Boeing appears to be getting a full on almost bailout instead of loans like other companies and industries.
    Explains why there was so much buying in the last few days

seems like insider trading in congress is really scared of those silly laws.....
    18% gain in one day is pretty good. I ended up buying Visa for $136 with some of the leftover profit sharing check. Still have some left. I think I missed out on the bottom for FB. Daily calls on WhatsApp and Messenger have doubled. Unfortunately FB has been slow in monetizing those platforms.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2020-03-25 at 05:37 PM.

18% gain in one day is pretty good. I ended up buying Visa for $136 with some of the leftover profit sharing check. Still have some left.
    I missed most of yesterdays amazing gains though.
    oh well. I am just too timid of a trader.

my brother has made a killing in the last week, though where the most of his money is (401k) is down so much that he's hardly put a dent in that loss.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

I missed most of yesterdays amazing gains though.
    oh well. I am just too timid of a trader.

my brother has made a killing in the last week, though where the most of his money is (401k) is down so much that he's hardly put a dent in that loss.
    Times like these are when being a conservative investor pay off. Around 70% of my retirement is in large cap funds dominated by Microsoft, Visa, Apple, FB, Google, Walmart, Amazon, etc. So it has not been too bad. Nowhere near 2000 or even 2008. 2008 was especially bad. I watched my Oracle stock crashed from $45 to $7. It was almost into penny stock territory.

Today we have another historic first.

Last edited by Rasulis; 2020-03-25 at 07:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh...negative rates. Neat. Sarcasm.

Dow sheds nearly 800 points in the final minutes of trade, up 2.4%

those last 15 never fail to excite

- - - Updated - - -

Don't worry tomorrow at 8:30 am we will have another few records broken by Trump Administration.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Dow sheds nearly 800 points in the final minutes of trade, up 2.4%
    So, like I said earlier, Jun 2017. Trump has six months or so of growth.

CA unemployment keeps up the pace from my last post of 742k....as of 2 days ago.

1 million Californians have filed for unemployment since Mar. 13

California Governor Gavin Newsom announced during a live-streamed press conference Wednesday that since Mar. 13, 1 million California residents have made unemployments claims. To relieve residents during this time, Newsom announced that 200 banks, including state-chartered banks, credit unions and four of the five largest nationwide banks Wells Fargo, Us Bank, Citi and JP Morgan Chase have committed to a 90-day waiver on foreclosures and mortgage payments for people impacted by COVID-19.

Defiantly going to be a record unemployment week set by trump for the next few weeks.

He'll end up with another Bottom 1-5-10 slots in yet another section of the economy.

Add this to the number of things of Obama he un-did....since he will easily blow by Obama's ending 4.5% unemployment. He most likely will surpass Obama's unemployment high too.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

CA unemployment keeps up the pace from my last post of 742k....as of 2 days ago.

1 million Californians have filed for unemployment since Mar. 13

California Governor Gavin Newsom announced during a live-streamed press conference Wednesday that since Mar. 13, 1 million California residents have made unemployments claims. To relieve residents during this time, Newsom announced that 200 banks, including state-chartered banks, credit unions and four of the five largest nationwide banks Wells Fargo, Us Bank, Citi and JP Morgan Chase have committed to a 90-day waiver on foreclosures and mortgage payments for people impacted by COVID-19.

Defiantly going to be a record unemployment week set by trump for the next few weeks.

He'll end up with another Bottom 1-5-10 slots in yet another section of the economy.

Add this to the number of things of Obama he un-did....since he will easily blow by Obama's ending 4.5% unemployment. He most likely will surpass Obama's unemployment high too.
    Trump issued major disaster declaration for TX. Governor Abbot estimated tens of thousands Texans will be infected and has mobilized the National Guard.

Louisiana is the next New York.

It does not look like Covid-19 will follow the same pattern as the Flu and SARS viruses which disappeared during period of hot and humid weather. In SARS case, it never came back. I think we will be up to our neck in Covid-19 for the long haul.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2020-03-25 at 11:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In what will surely be the first of many, the Cheesecake Factory admits in public it won't be able to pay its rent in April.

"At which location?"

All of them.

In a letter dated March 18, Cheesecake Factory (ticker: CAKE) Chairman, Founder and CEO David Overton wrote that the chain’s locations will resume paying rent as soon as possible.

“The severe decrease in restaurant traffic has severely decreased our cash flow and inflicted a tremendous financial blow to our business,” he wrote in the letter, a spokeswoman for the company confirmed. “Due to these extraordinary events, I am asking for your patience and, frankly, your help.’’ Eater.com reported the news about Overton’s letter earlier Wednesday.

Chief Financial Officer Matthew Clark emphasized the company’s longstanding relationships with its landlords in a statement to Barron’s.

“In these unprecedented times, there are many factors that are changing on a daily basis given governmental regulations and landlord decisions to close properties,” Clark wrote. “We have to take both into consideration in terms of understanding the nature of our rent obligations and with respect to managing our financial position. We have very strong, longstanding relationships with our landlords. We are certain that with their partnership, we will be able to work together to weather this storm in the appropriate manner.”

The company told investors Monday that 27 of its 294 North American restaurants have been temporarily closed because of the pandemic. The rest of its restaurants have been providing delivery and takeout in “off-premises” service, it said. It also withdrew its 2020 first-quarter and fiscal-year guidance.
    It's not my favorite place, and I won't miss it if it vanishes, but that's not the point. Their business model is probably not unique. Some places will have much better luck surviving, such as those built around take-out service, but in the end, lower demand and rent bills (or if you own the property, mortgage payments and taxes) don't play well with each other.

I guess bankruptcy just ordered desert first. But, it's very hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    In what will surely be the first of many, the Cheesecake Factory admits in public it won't be able to pay its rent in April.

"At which location?"

All of them.

It's not my favorite place, and I won't miss it if it vanishes, but that's not the point. Their business model is probably not unique. Some places will have much better luck surviving, such as those built around take-out service, but in the end, lower demand and rent bills (or if you own the property, mortgage payments and taxes) don't play well with each other.

If Cheesecake Factory is already having this kind of a problem, other restaurants and chains will soon follow most likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    If Cheesecake Factory is already having this kind of a problem, other restaurants and chains will soon follow most likely.
    Follow, yes. The Cheesecake Factory wasn't really designed for this -- too many of them are inside malls, which are being closed. There's really no such thing as drive-up cheesecake either. But the party is over. CF is just leaving early.

"At which location?"

All of them.

Man, imagine if these corporations acted like they told their employees to and saved some money for a "rainy day".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, imagine if these corporations acted like they told their employees to and saved some money for a "rainy day".
    I mean...this is a hurricane. I don't know how much operating capital you're supposed to save, but it's probably not "several months".

i think i might sell pre-market my positions, i think there might be another round of panic at 830 with the unemployment report by non institutional investors.

i just have a bad feeling it won't be that bad but it wont stop the panic

i hope i am wrong for everyone else sake
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I gambled in UAL
    Anything that's above what I need for my current pay period goes straight into my investments. yay for relatively stable budgeting!
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

I mean...this is a hurricane. I don't know how much operating capital you're supposed to save, but it's probably not "several months".
    I feel like it's closer to "several months" than it is to "we're 110% fucked the exact next time our bills come due".

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    If Trump didn't say it a reporter would have asked him about it. "Mr Trump! Do you know about that one drug that is being used in other parts of the world to treat this virus? Do we have any progress on that?"
    If Trump knows nothing then he should pass it off to those that do. What's so hard about this? Seriously, just tell us what you don't get.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866