Poll: You have to eliminate 2 original races which would you pick?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    [IMG]https://blizzardwatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/race-char-creation.jpg[IMG]
    Ok Suppose that you worked for Blizzard and for a temporary or long period of time they were going to eliminate 2 of the original existing races in wow, however those that already have a character could keep it, but after a specific time, no new characters of that race could be made, which one would you eliminate?

Humans
    Orcs
    Night Elves
    Trolls
    Dwarves
    Undead
    Gnomes
    Tauren

All the other races stay the same.
    I'd drop Night Elves and Undead. Forsaken make no real sense. The shamans and druids that the horde is based around make no sense letting the Forsaken ally with them. Same for Night Elves and the Alliance. Between their savagery and watching the humans chop all those trees on Hyjal the make no sense in the alliance.

I'd prefer to see them replaced with High Elves (A) and Ogres (H). That would really flesh out the nostalgia from W2.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok Suppose that you worked for Blizzard and for a temporary or long period of time they were going to eliminate 2 of the original existing races in wow, however those that already have a character could keep it, but after a specific time, no new characters of that race could be made, which one would you eliminate?
    This question is very different from the thread title, so you're going to get somewhat confused answers.

Most people are voting based on "what if WoW never included these races?", which is what the thread title implies. But you're talking about a pretty bizarre scenario which is miles from that.

If we're starting over, much as I love Undead, I think they and Gnomes go, and we never add certain other races. But if it's just your weird temp ban, then you ban races which are played out and too-common, and on your list, that's Humans and Night Elves, though really it should be Humans and Blood Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Night Elves and Undead, both of these races should have never canonically been apart of their respective factions in the first place.

If Warcraft 4 had been a thing instead of WoW, I will bet my life that Night Elves would have never joined the Alliance, and Forsaken never to join the Horde either. I know now we are so used to them being apart of their factions but at the time they just felt so out of place seeing where they were in Warcraft 3.

Although by eliminate I wouldn't remove them from the lore
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-03-25 at 07:45 PM.

Trolls, then trolls again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    did you ever play wc3? Taurens are like the whole reason the horde survived on Kalimdor.
    Yes i did and i still Think they don't fit

Gnomes and dwarves because too many people play for mog. Mog looks terrible on tiny races. They've got to go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Night Elves and Undead, both of these races should have never canonically been apart of their respective factions in the first place.
    In real life, factions form out of necessity. The US and GB had very little in common with the USSR, but together they formed a faction because they needed to survive WW2. The Forsaken joining the Horde makes a TON of sense in this regard. It makes the Horde a lot stronger.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Can't pick the second one, but the Undead surely makes the list. There is nothing even remotely exciting about the scourge, all their activity is utterly disgusting.

Remove em all except Dwarf and Gnome for all I care.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Dwarves because they stink of beer.

Undead because they should have never been a Horde race in the first place.

I voted Undead because it makes sense from a narrative point of view. Undeath is still a curse and the perpetuation of that curse through the creation of new Undead should not be accepted by any of the living races. Especially after Sylvanas' recent actions, it would be nonsensical for Horde and Alliance to tolerate the Forsaken's new and creative methods of "procreating" the same way they did before.

15+ Year Old Account
    Troll and Tauren.

10+ Year Old Account

Humans
    Orcs
    Night Elves
    Trolls
    Dwarves
    Undead
    Gnomes
    Tauren

All the other races stay the same.
    night elves - alliance
    forsaken - horde
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    I would get rid of nightelves and gnomes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Humans and Night elves.

I think NE and Tauren should have made a separate faction.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Tauren and Gnomes...

Taurens never fitted the horde but also have nothing to do with the alliance.

And Gnomes... because... well gnomes and goblins are the reason wow is not particular fantasy and more science fantasy
    What? You've got the burning Legion and their alien machines. Same with Draenei.

Say goodbye too all the Gnomes. Forever.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Oh and since I remove dwarf and gnome, I suppose I should replace them with something else.

1. A race of tall sporeggar.
    2. Lesser Celestials (we'd require a visit to the Celestial homeworld) (I'd thought I'd go way off the board here and mention a new race)
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Removing undead would suck cause then you're just left with the tribal theme, which is awesome on its own but you need variety

I'd take out gnomes and trolls