Poll: You have to eliminate 2 original races which would you pick?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    did you ever play wc3? Taurens are like the whole reason the horde survived on Kalimdor.
    Mutual benefits; Tauren weren't exactly doing too good in their fight against the Centaur.

That aside, my answer would be Gnomes and probably Orcs. Orcs just had such a small presence on the world, it's hard to believe they ever actually became anything more than a footnote in history at best. Gnomes, they just don't really bring anything of value that you couldn't get from Dwarves. Dwarves build great battle machines, they could easily have picked up the mantle of "quirky small race interested in tinkering" as a subset of their racial interests.

Forsaken. They're basically just Scourge Lite. They were back then, even more so now. Plus they always felt a little misaligned. They had no real big motivations to want to be in the Horde, nor did they really care about its goals.

And although I love Gnomes, they'd probably be the Alliance race I'd have to get rid of.

One can make an argument that Night Elves could've been their own faction. They definitely had enough power to be, and having them be pushed into the Alliance meant they had to be fodderized a little bit, but as is, they fit just fine otherwise.

No, the Alliance doesn't have to be 100% about the generic western knight human fantasy, just as the Horde doesn't have to 100% be about screaming a lot and living in huts.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2020-03-26 at 03:38 AM.

Blood elves is the only race I want to erase but since this is a vanilla poll. I think I'll go with Nelves and Undeads
    Last edited by Zandalariprelate; 2020-03-26 at 03:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Gnomes and Undead. Not really enough gnomes left to have sizeable population.

Undead would eventually have the same problem.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Tauren and Gnomes...

Taurens never fitted the horde but also have nothing to do with the alliance.

And Gnomes... because... well gnomes and goblins are the reason wow is not particular fantasy and more science fantasy
    Yes because Draenei and their spaceships/orbital laser cannons never happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Ok Suppose that you worked for Blizzard and for a temporary or long period of time they were going to eliminate 2 of the original existing races in wow, however those that already have a character could keep it, but after a specific time, no new characters of that race could be made, which one would you eliminate?
    None because its an incredibly stupid idea? There's literally no reason to eliminate any of the races, aside from appeasing the 'REEE I HATE ANYTHING THAT ISN'T EDGY AND BADASS REEEEE' idiots.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-03-26 at 04:25 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Undead, just them. Everyone else is fine, even gnomes have a use. According to the horde cook in Dalaran, they are quite tasty in soup.

Tauren and Gnomes...

Taurens never fitted the horde but also have nothing to do with the alliance.

And Gnomes... because... well gnomes and goblins are the reason wow is not particular fantasy and more science fantasy
    We've had gnomes and their jazzy steampunky schizo tech since WC2 Bit too late about them making WoW less fantasy, somehow.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Forsaken. They're basically just Scourge Lite. They were back then, even more so now. Plus they always felt a little misaligned. They had no real big motivations to want to be in the Horde.
    They were on a continent facing a huge alliance threat. Either they find friends or they probably get run over by the human kingdoms, dwarves, and gnomes.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Gnomes and Undead. Not really enough gnomes left to have sizeable population.

Undead would eventually have the same problem.
    By that logic you'd have to get rid of blood elves, darkspear trolls, and bilgewater goblins. Blood elves are 10% of an unknown portion of an elite aristocratic class. Darkspears weren't very numerous to begin with, that's how they lost their home, then a ton got killed by the sea witch then a ton more got brainwashed by Zalazane. Bilgewaters... are comprised of the same single character who was shoved onto one boat.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok Suppose that you worked for Blizzard and for a temporary or long period of time they were going to eliminate 2 of the original existing races in wow, however those that already have a character could keep it, but after a specific time, no new characters of that race could be made, which one would you eliminate?

Humans
    Orcs
    Night Elves
    Trolls
    Dwarves
    Undead
    Gnomes
    Tauren

All the other races stay the same.
    I'd go for gnomes, and then pick gnomes again for good measure.

In all seriousness, I'd pick gnomes to be eliminated off the list. I cannot stand those malformed midgets. Everything about them irritate me: their voices, emotes, and models. My second pick would be the forsaken... mostly due to how mishandled they were by Blizzard (in my opinion). I think the forsaken, as a playable race, should've be focused on 'preserving their humanity' and show the world that they're not the monsters people think they are... instead of actually being the monsters people think they are and shedding their humanity the moment they step out of their grave.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I'd go for gnomes, and then pick gnomes again for good measure.

In all seriousness, I'd pick gnomes to be eliminated off the list. I cannot stand those malformed midgets. Everything about them irritate me: their voices, emotes, and models. My second pick would be the forsaken... mostly due to how mishandled they were by Blizzard (in my opinion). I think the forsaken, as a playable race, should've be focused on 'preserving their humanity' and show the world that they're not the monsters people think they are... instead of actually being the monsters people think they are and shedding their humanity the moment they step out of their grave.
    Gnomes are cute, selfless and the smartest race in Azeroth, the only people that seem to hate them are fans of of certain critics. They bring more joy to the game than about any other game and probably the single biggest reason for World of Warcrafts success,
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    Gnomes and Undead

Simple
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gnomes are cute, selfless and the smartest race in Azeroth, the only people that seem to hate them are fans of of certain critics.
    I'm fan of no critic and I hate the gnomes. So please don't use generalizations or assume I like "certain critics", whoever they are.

They bring more joy to the game than about any other game and probably the single biggest reason for World of Warcrafts success,
    The only "joy" I got from gnomes was watching how Gelbin almost died in the BoD opening cinematic, and the idea that he could finally be put six feet under after BoD. Of course, my hopes were dashed when he was Iron-Man'ed.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I'm fan of no critic and I hate the gnomes. So please don't use generalizations or assume I like "certain critics", whoever they are.

The only "joy" I got from gnomes was watching how Gelbin almost died in the BoD opening cinematic, and the idea that he could finally be put six feet under after BoD. Of course, my hopes were dashed when he was Iron-Man'ed.
    Except you are literally talking about murdering gnomes because they are midgets?

LOL dude there is no reasonable or logical reason to hate gnomes, and to suggest you aren't like other critics especially when some of the most well known used the exact same verbiage is bad comedy.

If there is ever a point where Azeroth is in danger, there is no race more dedicated to actually bending back the tide for good, they are also selfless if also underappreciated, especially by people who chime in with silly mobs in unreasonable hatred.

Please name me any events where Gnomes have ever been anything other than helpful.

On top of the face they are fucking adorable, they make the game FUN especially for those who don't take game too seriously.

I mean maybe the hatred of Gnomes shouldn't be considered serious either, and I would kind of think that but the hate boner for Gnomes seems pretty unreasonable and ridiculous to me.

Any time I have ever seen or played a gnome they have done nothing but make the more fun and make me smile.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    We've had gnomes and their jazzy steampunky schizo tech since WC2 Bit too late about them making WoW less fantasy, somehow.
    Stop telling me that i know. But this is the premise

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    What? You've got the burning Legion and their alien machines. Same with Draenei.
    They have not been this at the start

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Night Elves and Undead, both of these races should have never canonically been apart of their respective factions in the first place.

If Warcraft 4 had been a thing instead of WoW, I will bet my life that Night Elves would have never joined the Alliance, and Forsaken never to join the Horde either. I know now we are so used to them being apart of their factions but at the time they just felt so out of place seeing where they were in Warcraft 3.

Although by eliminate I wouldn't remove them from the lore
    Undead and Night Elves always felt like the first "allied" races. They're not really Alliance or Horde.

Although I suppose now that Sylvanas is out of the picture, the Forsaken don't have anybody but the Horde so they might start appreciating them.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    Except you are literally talking about murdering gnomes because they are midgets?

LOL dude there is no reasonable or logical reason to hate gnomes, and to suggest you aren't like other critics especially when some of the most well known used the exact same verbiage is bad comedy.

If there is ever a point where Azeroth is in danger, there is no race more dedicated to actually bending back the tide for good, they are also selfless if also underappreciated, especially by people who chime in with silly mobs in unreasonable hatred.

Please name me any events where Gnomes have ever been anything other than helpful.

On top of the face they are fucking adorable, they make the game FUN especially for those who don't take game too seriously.

I mean maybe the hatred of Gnomes shouldn't be considered serious either, and I would kind of think that but the hate boner for Gnomes seems pretty unreasonable and ridiculous to me.

Any time I have ever seen or played a gnome they have done nothing but make the more fun and make me smile.
    Here's a logical reason to hate them. They hunkered down in Gnomeragan and decided to opt out of the 3rd War, you know the one that introduced the Scourge and had all of Azeroth almost get fucked over by the Burning Legion? However, as soon as Gnomeragan gets screwed over by a virus at the start of WoW, they suddenly come crying to the Alliance for help and shelter. Luckily the Dwarves weren't vindictive and were nice enough to let them settle in and around Ironforge.

Fuck the Gnomes, you don't sit out a War and not help the Alliance, but still come asking for their support when you're in trouble.

As far as the poll goes, I'd eliminate the Gnomes for sure. They never should've been allowed to rejoin the Alliance after that shit. The Alliance let the High Elves get fucked by Arthas and then decided to turn their backs on them when Kael'thas allied himself with the Naga because he was stuck. Literally the Alliance said, "Nah we won't help you guys." then got mad when the Prince found help elsewhere. Gnomes are cool though, they can just rejoin like nothing happened.

The other race is definitely the Undead. Every damn time the Forsaken do big story shit in WoW, I'm almost immediately disgusted by the fact that they just get to be big giant assholes and the Horde doesn't boot their asses out. The Horde has been making excuses for the Forsaken's bullshit for far too long. Just boot the bastards out already. They're literally the ONLY race that systematically shits so hard on the so-called Honor that the Horde wants to embody.
    Last edited by xxcloud417xx; 2020-03-26 at 07:07 AM.

Remove humans and orcs, so we don't have to suffer from the constant recurrence of BUT WARCRAFT IS ABOUT ORCS VS HUMANS HURR DURRR in storytelling.

Alliance: Gnomes. They're, by far, the least interesting original race. It amazes me that they've been in this game since the beginning but to this day no one cares about them. They have the least amount of lore out of every major race, are the laughing stock of Azeroth relegated to being a joke race and a punching bag, and are played by virtually no one. The fact that Blizzard decided to make an even worse allied race themed around them gives the theory that Blizzard hates the Alliance merit all on its own.

Horde: Undead. Among the original races you have the 3 bro races (Orcs/Trolls/Tauren) who are closely tied lorewise, fought alongside each other during the Third War and all have similar values that helped shaped the identity of the Horde. Then for some reason Blizzard decided to add Undead and muck that all up. It got even worse in later expansions with Blood Elves who completely overshadow every original Horde race, player and lorewise, with shallow fans who demand that their shallow race get all the spotlight that doesn't fit with the Horde identity at all because they're a pseudo-Alliance race but since we're limiting it to just the original races then let's stick it to the original black sheep. They started the Horde on a downward spiral that led them to becoming the Alliance-lite faction they are today.
    Last edited by Tensho14; 2020-03-26 at 07:10 AM.
    For the Alliance!

Threepeat Faction War Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Gnomes existed long before Draenei.

Draenei had to retcon the entirety of WoW history in order to be written in. They weren't amazing engineers, even in their original incarnation in Vanilla.

Gnomes and Goblins both already existed as scientific races in a fantasy world as of WC3 - long before Draenei eventually got added with SOME level of space technology. (Which, at the time, they had stolen. Not made. There have been a lot of retcons to make Draenei into engineers.)

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize WC2 is part of WoW's history, right?

As in, Gnomes existing in WC2 is precisely how they made WoW less fantasy, because WC2 is also taken into account when you consider what to do when making WoW, and when continuing to make it in the future.
    Well, the way the guy put it was that having gnomes "in WoW" made it less fantasy. I was pointing out the flaw in his thinking, since gnomes had made their mark on the warcraft franchise long before WoW. It sounded to me like a guy saying pandaren made warcraft more whatever, not knowing they were in WC3.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop telling me that i know. But this is the premise

- - - Updated - - -

They have not been this at the start
    Dude, the very first demon we ever saw, the infernal, is a mass produced AI produced in a factory. Legion has been magitek since day one.