Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    But new/updated skyboxes would be great too. The ones nowadays add so much atmosphere. I love the Highmountain one, the Darkshore one, the Shadowmoon Valley one, and I'm sure there are a lot that I am forgetting about.
    BfA skyboxes are simply the best in the game, imo. I greatly appreciate clouds actually looking like clouds:

Compared to the shit from Vanilla/Classic:

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcinatoss View Post
    where's this pic from? I don't remember seeing a big ass tree in the announcement video.
    Blizzcon 2019!

5+ Year Old Account
    We did have a vendor build a few weeks ago that led no where.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so glad I have animal crossing to keep me company. It's helped me to stop obsessing for hours every day over alpha.

Myeah i am glad i have about 100+ games on steam and just hunting for achievements/100%ing games on high difficulties. and other non steam games like OSRS

SPeaking of OSRS, I would love a Slayer like profession in WoW.
    Last edited by George Costanza; 2020-03-26 at 05:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Myeah i am glad i have about 100+ games on steam and just hunting for achievements/100%ing games on high difficulties. and other non steam games like OSRS

SPeaking of OSRS, I would love a Slayer like profession in WoW.
    Never played RS. Well thats a lie. I did for like a week when I was 14, but that was 14 years ago.

I'm reeeallly looking forward to seeing more of the zones. As others have said, Wow might not have 'realistic' graphics, but its seriously has one of the best art teams in the business, they know how to do their stuff!

The Bloodborne themed zone really intrigues me as I adore the soulsborne games

I'm hoping SL has a lot of creative freedom in zones. Bfas zones felt very realistic and hit or miss, I really liked zandalar and stormsong but not really the others. Considering it's cosmic and no real source content to be inspired from, they can make zones a little more free like bc or wod. The zones being their own floating kingdoms basically hopefully opens some unique designs and a lot of variety and contrast

Quote Originally Posted by SkyTides View Post
    I'm reeeallly looking forward to seeing more of the zones. As others have said, Wow might not have 'realistic' graphics, but its seriously has one of the best art teams in the business, they know how to do their stuff!

The Bloodborne themed zone really intrigues me as I adore the soulsborne games
    I can't believe somebody just called Vampire "Gothic" Victorian "Bloodborne themed".
    This truly is the Dark Souls of art styles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    I can't believe somebody just called Vampire "Gothic" Victorian "Bloodborne themed".
    This truly is the Dark Souls of art styles.
    I just meant the zone looked like bloodborne. Not even taking about the vampires.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I just meant the zone looked like bloodborne. Not even taking about the vampires.
    Doesn't Bloodborne have fairly Lovecraftian elements?

Yeah, it's very in line with other Souls games in that it's very cosmic horror, where often the most disturbing elements are part of the world's "natural order". In Dark Souls, it was the Abyss and The Curse of Undeath. In Bloodborne, it's The Hunt and Blood Plague (which causes Lycanthropy eventually).

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Blizzard has great opportunity to launch it 1st April. Don't screw this chance Ion, trolling from people from/close to Blizzard would be glorious that day.
    i will buy 2 years worth of subs if they pull it off

It does, but a large part of the game has a very gothic asthetic which is exactly the same as the Revendreth zone.

Asmongold just announced he's coming back to streaming on April 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by Eurothemist View Post
    Alpha confirmed

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Soo, if Alpha comes out in a week that means we get a datamineable build today or tomorrow?!

yea, on the contrary to what a lot of artists who try to copy the Lovecraft theme think, there actually very rarely tentacles or monoliths and pyramids. most of the story's are often set in either Urban or rural baroque old fashioned towns. this begins the story as it is supposed to conclude with the protagonist realising how small they are in comparison and how fleeting there existence in comparison, first there juxtaposed against there surrounding and society, then the problem and finally with the cosmo's.

this makes for amazing books. but is hard to translate and rarely translated well into other media, games manage to do the build up well but often fail at the end, because in Lovecraft ultimately the protagonist cannot truly win, only delay the inevitable. and its in that exact realisation that the Horror comes in with cosmic horror.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurothemist View Post
    Happy birthday to me?!

So pretty much Alpha within a week then.