15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    They basically did just that in Italy, just it was too late by that time - the key is to learn from failures of others, not to repeat them. Currently US is going full choochoo towards the same level of disaster with this flaccid attitude.
    You have a source for that? Italy's provinces closed the borders to each other?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    It's impossible without the Federal Governments Involvement. You're a fool if you think That's the States Faults.

The States don't even have enough manpower to pull something like that off properly.
    Wow i have never seen so much stupid. At the end of the day this is affecting the states so badly is because alot of you guys value money and the constitution over actual people, as demonstrated over the years by your constant gun issues.
    Its all on your political infrastructure, if it prevents you saving potentially millions of american lives just maybe it is not fit for purpose.
    Also while you guys argue on states vs Israel, why does washington with similar case numbers and similar population have a vastly higher death count 132 vs 5. (hint: medical capacity)
    This will get worse before it gets better for you guys, it absolutely astonishes me that a historically great country has descended so low, modern day republicans are no better than pre war nazi party supporters. (ie blind support and dismissive of facts)
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-03-26 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    You must be aware that European countries have provinces as well that have similar borders to each other as US states have, namely none. You're arguing that for example, Bavaria could just close its borders to Thuringia.
    Yes, they could. You lock down the roads, barricade them if needed and viola, bobs your uncle.

Sure there are generally more roads between provinces then countries and its not something that is generally done but it can be done if the will is there.

Mobilise the national guard, lock down all roads in/out of the state, done. Its unheard of but certainly possible.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Mobilise the national guard, lock down all roads in/out of the state, done. Its unheard of but certainly possible.
    WHICH AGAIN is IMPOSSIBLE WITHOUT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have a source for that? Italy's provinces closed the borders to each other?
    Yes, they split the country to zones and forbid movement between red zone and rest of the country, it's a well documented action.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they split the country to zones and forbid movement between red zone and rest of the country, it's a well documented action.
    So it wasn't done by provinces but by the government?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Yes, they could. You lock down the roads, barricade them if needed and viola, bobs your uncle.

Sure there are generally more roads between provinces then countries and its not something that is generally done but it can be done if the will is there.

If we had an actual President rather than a reality tv star/troll candidate shambling around the White House, yes, this might be possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Saw a video of a monkey randomly flinging shit the other day. Made me think of some regular posters in this thread.
    You think it's random....?

I see beauty in chaos!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

15+ Year Old Account

Do you read your responses or do you just write that stuff down and press enter?

I mean, do you see a difference between doing everything you wrote and "Bavaria could just close its borders to Thuringia"?

Provinces, the size of US counties, were locked down by both local and national foces. Meaning local and state police could lock down US counties.

Countries, the size of US states, were locked down by national forces. Meaning state police could lock down US states.

US federal police would certainly help with the lockdown, but it shouldn't be required to start doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but Italy is not a federation. As a federation, state government enjoy vastly larger powers and capabilities than their counterparts in Italy.

Governors can, should and thankfully in some cases did issue lockdown, they have the enforcement and yes, they absolutely can put state border checks as well, even if it is down to putting roadblocks and checking all arrivals. They absolutely can do it, but they don't do it. Why? Waiting for Great and Beloved Leader Trump to give them holy directive?

Trump's team briefing about how people seem to be moving out of New York to other states is already something that should put a fucking huge red light there, that maybe there should be some sort of limitations there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Provinces, the size of US counties, were locked down by both local and national foces. Meaning local and state police could lock down counties.

Countries, the size of US states, were locked down by national forces. Meaning state police could lock down states.

US federal police would certainly help with the lockdown, but it shouldn't be required to start doing it.
    My point exactly, but wait until you get screeched at about how it's "impossibru".

Governors can, should and thankfully in some cases did issue lockdown, they have the enforcement and yes, they absolutely can put state border checks as well, even if it is down to putting roadblocks and checking all arrivals. They absolutely can do it, but they don't do it. Why? Waiting for Great and Beloved Leader Trump to give them holy directive?
    Go ahead keep on repeating this same Bullshit, you'll get laughed in the face by every single US Politician and Law Enforcement officer in the USA for even suggesting a State to State Lockdown is in any way Practical for America and/or Even Possible without the Federal Government.

Again we have a population of over 350 million. Have fun being wrong.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

My point exactly, but wait until you get screeched at about how it's "impossibru".
    I'm just seeing some weird back and forth comparing states with provinces and nations. As in "it's impossible to close a nation-sized territory with a province-sized police force", and I wanted to bring some clarity to those comparisons.

Yes, but Italy is not a federation. As a federation, state government enjoy vastly larger powers and capabilities than their counterparts in Italy.

Trump's team briefing about how people seem to be moving out of New York to other states is already something that should put a fucking huge red light there, that maybe there should be some sort of limitations there.
    No this shows your ignorance of American law states cannot inhibit interstate travel, freedom of movement is considered a fundamental right only the federal government can using emergency powers.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what, go ahead keep on repeating this same Bullshit, you'll get laughed in the face by every single US Politician and Law Enforcement officer in the USA for even suggesting a State By State Lockdown is in any way Practical for America and it's Borders.

Again we have a population of over 350 million. Have fun being wrong.
    I don't think anyone in US is laughing at the moment and it's going to get much much worse with morons screaming "impossibru" instead of getting of their asses and doing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    No this shows your ignorance of American law states cannot inhibit interstate travel, freedom of movement is considered a fundamental right only the federal government can using emergency powers.
    I'm sure there are plenty of laws that can be applied locally in case of war or invasion. This is an emergency of a comparable level, but your government refuses to treat it as such.

Provinces, the size of US counties, were locked down by both local and national foces. Meaning local and state police could lock down US counties.

Countries, the size of US states, were locked down by national forces. Meaning state police could lock down US states.

But they are not locked down in the traditional sense you can still move freely hence you see people in CA going to beaches to party. Only the federal government has the power to institute a complete lock down freedom of movement is a constitutional right.

WHICH AGAIN is IMPOSSIBLE WITHOUT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.
    State governors have authority to mobilise the national guard and whether the SC would stike down an attempt to temporarily lock state borders is very questionable when done during a moment of crisis.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I'm pretty sure Coronavirus does not care about your "freedumbz". You have governors declaring state of emergency in their states, you think it does not give them the power to do at the very least that? Make sure they don't import more cases or order quarantine to arrivals raising a suspicion?

Put a fucking police roadblock and give them a frikkin' thermometer to verify people arriving to the state at least do not have fever and are not about to import even more cases. This is especially important for states that are still not AS heavily affected.

Yet they don't do it. Why?

I'm sure there are plenty of laws that can be applied locally in case of war or invasion. This is an emergency of a comparable level, but your government refuses to treat it as such.
    Yes by the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT not local states.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure Coronavirus does not care about your "freedumbz". You have governors declaring state of emergency in their states, you think it does not give them the power to do at the very least that? Make sure they don't import more cases or order quarantine to arrivals raising a suspicion?

Put a fucking police roadblock and give them a frikkin' thermometer to verify people arriving to the state at least do not have fever.
    You want them to violate the constitution? good luck with that buddy even if they verify they cannot detain them forcefully.