Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Cool Rexxar in HV should be nerfed

He’s too powerful. Compared to other bosses there. More difficult than Thrall. Mechanics deadly, barely visible on this dark ground, small area, camera goes crazy. 5masks Rexxar is just a nuke test. Nothing more. Should be nerfed to match the curve of the rest of the difficulty. Or...
    Am I n00b? He’s just the same level, but I could not find a way to sort him out?
    Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Mataleo View Post
    He’s too powerful. Compared to other bosses there. More difficult than Thrall. Mechanics deadly, barely visible on this dark ground, small area, camera goes crazy. 5masks Rexxar is just a nuke test. Nothing more. Should be nerfed to match the curve of the rest of the difficulty. Or...
    Am I n00b? He’s just the same level, but I could not find a way to sort him out?
    Any tips?
    Either nuke him down and cc the boars, or dps him slowly and kill 1 boar at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    Either nuke him down and cc the boars, or dps him slowly and kill 1 boar at a time.
    I kill 1 boar at a time, but regardless, I think 5-mask Thrall is RIDICULOUSLY harder than 5-mask Rexxar.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Head to him first - lust on him, it will be back up in time for Thrall if you need it for him too. Or take a deep breath, and kill the boars one at a time while dealing with mechanics. It's when you don't commit fully to one or the other that you fail on Rexxar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, don't burst him, make him pop 1 boar at a time. and avoid the traps ofc. But I agree, he's a pain.

Any tips?
    Na.. i think thrall is more difficult. With all his abilities and the floor full of darkgoo.

You basically nuke the shit out of him and as soon as the boars are ther either use the focusing iris or any other high aoe abilitiy. He himself is not doing much.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    I kill 1 boar at a time, but regardless, I think 5-mask Thrall is RIDICULOUSLY harder than 5-mask Rexxar.
    I agree.

Though I'm just using my 2 CDs on Rexxar and he's going down quicker. Thrall on the other hand cannot be bursted down that fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Honestly....Alleria or the mage quarter in SW is more annoying and I would rather see a nerf there.

Rexxar's boars spawn at Health percentage. So you can dps him in a way that you spawn only 1 at a time and interrupt the Void Quills. Also....what is your cloak rank and the archive reserve?

With Elite Extermination you should actually get some sanity back, no way you lose 200 sanity in that fight.
    I'm 474 with, full archive reserve but one time, I lost 500 sanity in 5sec because I bursted him (and my cloak was 13-14 when this happen).

7+ Year Old Account
    Any tips?
    Nuke him down, or dps him till a boar appears, then nuke it, then dps im, then nuke next boar.
    hes really one of the easier ones for me, the red slime miniboss and the purple slime miniboss in stormwind are the hardest parts for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    nah, 5 mask thrall is easier, everything is dodgeable, once you killl the 2 boars its super easy, you dont lose sanity unless you mess up, and he dont even hurt much.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Rexxar is the worst, all it takes is a "lucky" proc to get swarmed by boars and melted. SW is hard at the start because it is long and the bosses waste your time, Orgrimmar is harder with masks because the adds and Rexxar seems to scale harder.

At least that is my experience running solo as a disc priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

He was a little tricky until i realized that if you track Gift of azeroth and proc it just as you pull rexxar he becomes a complete cakewalk.

was 5 masking it solo as a tank with no dmg burst and did a dps+tank comp yesterday on 5 masks. Just eat K'Bab. Completed with 2 orbs in reserve + ability to die and no ress used. It depends on potion rng a bit, but having one orb unused is quite easy. Maybe you just need your dodge skill upgraded or have lower graphics?

Use an orb before pulling rexxar, even if you're full sanity. Then you can just burst him down.

Rexxar is definitely the hardest boss in either vision, but I don't think he really needs to be nerfed. I'd rather Alleria get nerfed, not because she's harder but because she's pure cancer since she fills up the entire room in like three seconds.

For Rexxar though just go slow, kill the boars as they spawn. Kick the first boar, CC the next one with a stun or something, then wait for your kick again and get Rexxar lower and just nuke both boars. Alternatively depending on your class you could just spawn an orb in his room then pop every CD and burst him before your orb goes away, entirely depends on how much burst you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    I'm 474 with, full archive reserve but one time, I lost 500 sanity in 5sec because I bursted him (and my cloak was 13-14 when this happen).
    Doing it wrong lmao
    You 100% need to slow dps on rexxar, or pull with gift available.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Rexxar is definitely the hardest boss in either vision, but I don't think he really needs to be nerfed. I'd rather Alleria get nerfed, not because she's harder but because she's pure cancer since she fills up the entire room in like three seconds.

For Rexxar though just go slow, kill the boars as they spawn. Kick the first boar, CC the next one with a stun or something, then wait for your kick again and get Rexxar lower and just nuke both boars. Alternatively depending on your class you could just spawn an orb in his room then pop every CD and burst him before your orb goes away, entirely depends on how much burst you can do.
    kick the bombs and the room doesnt get filled

10+ Year Old Account
    Just nuke him down in 10 seconds flat. Bonus - 7 seconds if you are Fire Mage.

While I can clear HV with 5 masks.. I have to agree, Rexxar is too powerful compared to the rest of the vision

you just need to learn to play, it's very clear.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    nah, 5 mask thrall is easier, everything is dodgeable, once you killl the 2 boars its super easy, you dont lose sanity unless you mess up, and he dont even hurt much.
    Thrall is only easier because you can deal with the boars while inside an orb. He'd be a real pain if he spawned the boars at 50%.

And that's exactly why Rexxar is hard: you have a real chance of ending up with 2+ active boars if you can't kill him in the ~30 seconds of orb + gift you have.

(doesn't he spawn 2 at once in the 3rd wave anyways?)

The people who mention slow dps are right. I was also trying to burst him and Thrall down but recently tried the slow dps and killing boars first and that just works way better. It's just most think that killing something faster and getting it over with is the best solution to most problems, including me, not the case here. Target the boars one by one and just kill them single target. You will be weirded out at how easy it is.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-03-26 at 04:15 PM.