Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    There is a big difference from obviously it being a broken/overpowered mechanic AND if its justified to ban people over it.

I dont understand the logic of banning people over a Blizzards mistake.
    Are people supposed to do the math themselves and figure out "this is overpowered and blizzard messed up"?
    Good ole American logic here folks! It was someone elses fault, why are you blaming me from benefiting from it? rofl. Kill me. This earth sucks with people like you on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I disagree with you. Bans should never happen for things that Blizzard programmed and allowed players to do.
    Bugs and glitches are not intended parts of the programming. How is this hard for you to understand?

Or do you honestly think Blizzard intentionally programs glitches and bugs? You think they do this to 'trap' players and ban them, as if they somehow have a monthly quota of players to ban?

Its this "things" that were NOT intended to happen that create literally LEGENDS ingame.
    The corrpted blood thing?
    Being a giant in Stormwind? Bigger than any building.

What is so fun about MMO's is the sandbox nature of it...anything can happen.

Which is smart...and this people shouldnt be seen as villains...they should be considered smart...but no, they are villains because they are made villains by Blizzard
    WoW is not GTA, Skyrim, Fallout, etc. It's not you messing around in a giant open world by yourself. I hate to break it to you, but the community at large brands these kinds of people villains, and this mentality you have doesn't help.

You believe you should be praised for being so smart. Let's be real, 99.9% of the people exploiting aren't smart because of it. You aren't smart because you found some exploit on Wowhead or a discord and followed the instructions. Often times the people who find the exploits don't even find them by being smart, they find them by pure accident.

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    WoW is not GTA, Skyrim, Fallout, etc. It's not you messing around in a giant open world by yourself. I hate to break it to you, but the community at large brands these kinds of people villains, and this mentality you have doesn't help.

You believe you should be praised for being so smart. Let's be real, 99.9% of the people exploiting aren't smart because of it. You aren't smart because you found some exploit on Wowhead or a discord and followed the instructions. Often times the people who find the exploits don't even find them by being smart, they find them by pure accident.
    True they find the things by accident...but then LEGENDS are made and there is fun to be had.

I used to kite lord mok'morokk to orgrimmar every week...sometimes everyday of the week.
    Absolute legend. got old after a while...aaaaand got nerfed soon after for example

Some more hardcore guys kited a worse mob that Aoe'd with moonfires that one shotted everyone.
    Legend of the server. Skeletons everywhere
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-03-26 at 07:58 PM.

True they find the things by accident...but then LEGENDS are made and there is fun to be had.

I used to kite lord mok'morokk to orgrimmar every week...sometimes everyday of the week.
    Absolute legend. got old after a while...aaaaand got nerfed after for example

Some more hardcore guys kited a worse mob that Aoe'd with moonfires that one shotted everyone.
    Legend of the server. Skelletons everywhere
    Legend to you /= Legend to everyone else. I don't think people were particularly fond of anyone who kited Kazzak to Stormwind. Not to mention so many people replicated that kind of stuff ad nauseam, it became kind of redundant.

Legend to you /= Legend to everyone else. I don't think people were particularly fond of anyone who kited Kazzak to Stormwind. Not to mention so many people replicated that kind of stuff ad nauseam, it became kind of redundant.
    The mage that soloed the entire wing of Naxxramas by himself in WotlK...are you going to call him "stupid"?
    I call him a legend.

No Fear! Get banned! Worth it!

Why was he banned though? Because Blizzard sucks! sorry had to say it

So if i decide to abuse the fact a quest gives me an armada of friendly NPC's....and decide to power level from 1-60 with them...am i exploiting?
    Is that clearly not the normal behavior for a quest? Then, yes, you are exploiting.

Is my fault Blizzard created this quest and im clever about it?
    It's Blizzard's fault for not fixing the bug in this quest. And you're not clever about it.

Think about this: your sister has a journal, and she has expressly told you not to read it. She keeps it locked tight. One day, you find her journal wide open on her bed. Do you think you're being "clever" if you go read the open page of her journal, just because your sister, for whatever reason, forgot to close and lock it?

Its my fault a quest that gives you an item to one shot mobs is giving FULL XP if you first attack the mob with a spell?
    Re-read my first response in this post.

No no, i cant do it...i may be exploiting KEKW
    I'm thinking you don't know the difference between intentional behavior and bugged behavior for a quest or item.

The mage that soloed the entire wing of Naxxramas by himself in WotlK...are you going to call him "stupid"?
    I call him a legend.

He got banned, so he was definitely stupid.

Exploiting is fun...when no other players are harmed...i see no harm in exploiting.

Just saying the word "exploit" makes me mad. Its clever use of game mechanics ffs.
    Blizzard messed up...let me have fun with it (>_<)
    "clever use of game mechanics" is a misused term... game mechanics are intended. Unintended effects such as bugs aren't game mechanics...they are bugs.
    The correct term is exploiting. Not all exploiting is bad or harmful though, doesn't change what they are.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

15+ Year Old Account
    Then why were you arguing that you shouldn't play the game in fear if you think it is worth it to exploit and become a possible legend? Your words do not match up with how you actually seem to approach the topic.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    He got banned, so he was definitely stupid.
    How is it an exploit (and stupid) to "steal" a buff from a mob inside the raid to have a shield...and then being CLEVER to pick a talent that increases your damage when you absorb damage and another talent that prevents you from being silenced.

How is this not "smart"?

A legend was made by clever use of game mechanics...this is why im against banning people for it.

I call him a legend.

Stupid in the sense that he did something that was going to obviously get him banned, yes. Also, he wasn't banned because blizzard sucks...he did something he knew full well wasn't intentional. Kiting mobs so throughout the wing so that he can keep spell stealing a buff, a buff that was obviously not intended to be abused via Incanters. It wasn't common place to kit groups of mobs through entire wings of dungeons. People who exploit always love to call it being "Clever", but that doesn't make it not exploiting.

If you want to talk about a legend, that blood dk who used to solo raids in their current Xpac by just playing his class, that's legend. Someone who had to resort to the kind of stuff that mage did aren't legends in my book.

- - - Updated - - -

How is it an exploit (and stupid) to "steal" a buff from a mob inside the raid to have a shield...and then being CLEVER to pick a talent that increases your damage when you absorb damage and another talent that prevents you from being silenced.

How is this not "smart"?

A legend was made by clever use of game mechanics...this is why im against banning people for it.
    It's an exploit because he kited the mobs through the entire military wing when it's very clear that they were intended to be killed. When was common place in raids or dungeons to kite specific mobs throughout the entire thing? It wasn't, and he knew full well that fact. Ya, in his case, it was pretty clever to figure that the absorb plus Incanters would do insane damage. That doesn't mean it wasn't exploiting or that he's exempt from punishment for it.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Then why were you arguing that you shouldn't play the game in fear if you think it is worth it to exploit and become a possible legend? Your words do not match up with how you actually seem to approach the topic.
    If i saw the opportunity to do something "game-breaking" in wow...i think i would do it.
    Wouldnt you?
    Because doing things you are not supposed to do in a videogame (without harming other players severely) is...fun?

15+ Year Old Account
    Stupid in the sense that he did something that was going to obviously get him banned, yes. Also, he wasn't banned because blizzard sucks...he did something he knew full well wasn't intentional. Kiting mobs so throughout the wing so that he can keep spell stealing a buff, a buff that was obviously not intended to be abused via Incanters. It wasn't common place to kit groups of mobs through entire wings of dungeons. People who exploit always love to call it being "Clever", but that doesn't make it not exploiting.

If you want to talk about a legend, that blood dk who used to solo raids in their current Xpac by just playing his class, that's legend. Someone who had to resort to the kind of stuff that mage did aren't legends in my book.
    Yep. That DK, Mione, is legendary. They did the content when it was relatively to date (either current or one expansion back) without relying on bugs, exploits or other such 'cheats'. Cheating isn't legendary, it's stupid and childish when the game doesnt allow cheating (Console games that allow cheats are expressedly ALLOWING it).

The mage, using exploits... I don't even know their name.

The first Paladin on my old server, Lightbringer, who's name was Fortch -- got the black qiraji battle tank -- That's legendary.

The Orc warlock who used to run circles around the Alliance in old AV, Niamh, was legendary.

Again, both things that happen naturally within the game (legendary to Me).

Exploits make you look stupid and weak for not being able to pull that shit off naturally (if it's even possible).
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

15+ Year Old Account
    If i saw the opportunity to do something "game-breaking" in wow...i think i would do it. Wouldnt you? Because doing things you are not supposed to do in a videogame (without harming other players severely) is...fun?
    No. Because I don't feel the need to exploit just for the sake of it and know it could lead to a ban. When reports were coming out that you could do an extra set of 8.3 dailies on a friday I didn't rush in to get it done. I checked around and saw a confirmation from Blizzard that you won't get in trouble and then went ahead and did it. There are certainly games that I care less because of their nature like any single player game.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    The mage, using exploits... I don't even know their name.
    His name was Piccolina...now you know
    And using spellsteal (a standard mage spell) and cleverly using a talent or 2...is not an exploit. Its literally "clever use of game mechanics".

It's an exploit because he kited the mobs through the entire military wing
    He did not kite mobs. He face tanked the mobs
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-03-26 at 09:00 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

perma ban is if you are a repeat offender, you never get perma banned first exploit.
    Oh I can tell you from experiance that is not true. My first account was perma banned for a first offence.

I was botting Saronite Ore, smelting it into bars and vendoring them, as the vendor price was 25G a stack back then in Wrath. I didn't sell anything to anyone else. Never had a warning or anything else on it. Straight account closure.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its this "things" that were NOT intended to happen that create literally LEGENDS ingame.
    The corrupted blood thing?
    Being a giant in Stormwind? Bigger than any building.
    One shot kazzak in vanilla.
    kiting world bosses to cities

What is so fun about MMO's is the sandbox nature of it...anything can happen.

Which is smart...and this people shouldnt be seen as villains...they should be considered smart...but no, they are villains because they are made villains by Blizzard
    Corrupted blood, that was just a bug, not an exploit.
    it became worse when people exploited it, but it happened alot because of a bug, it started on acident, and grew on acident, only a few people actually exploited it.

Being a giant in stormwind? Yeah thats an exploit but a very minor one, so blizz dont care. as there is no benefit to the player using it.

One shot kazz, that was a literal exploit, yes it was legendary, but so were many bad things, that was really cool, but really bad, 1 guy able to get an entire world bosses loot pool, rewally bad.

kiting world bosses, again exploit, but one blizz dont care about, so they will push against it, but wont ban, cause there is no actual benefit to the player for doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Oh I can tell you from experiance that is not true. My first account was perma banned for a first offence.

I was botting Saronite Ore, smelting it into bars and vendoring them, as the vendor price was 25G a stack back then in Wrath. I didn't sell anything to anyone else. Never had a warning or anything else on it. Straight account closure.
    that was over 10 years ago.
    back in wod they changed it to be more lentiant.
    you get bigger and bigger bans each time you offend, until you get perma banned.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

His name was Piccolina...now you know
    And using spellsteal (a standard mage spell) and cleverly using a talent or 2...is not an exploit. Its literally "clever use of game mechanics".

He did not kite mobs. He face tanked the mobs
    Mobs that were intended to be killed prior to the first boss were instead kept alive throughout the entire wing so the mage could steal a buff that would result in him becoming stronger than an entire raid. That's the definition of an exploit, regardless of how clever it is. You can dance around terminology, you cant attempt to call it whatever you like. He abused mechanics to be utilized far beyond their intended scope, i.e. exploiting. If he had done this with one boss and went, "Wow, that's crazy, can't believe that works" and reported it to Blizzard, we would not have been banned, and probably would have kept the loot drops from Razuvious. He did not, and even tried to take the mobs out of the Military wing so he could solo the rest of the raid.

Mobs that were intended to be killed prior to the first boss were instead kept alive throughout the entire wing so the mage could steal a buff that would result in him becoming stronger than an entire raid. That's the definition of an exploit, regardless of how clever it is. You can dance around terminology, you cant attempt to call it whatever you like. He abused mechanics to be utilized far beyond their intended scope, i.e. exploiting. If he had done this with one boss and went, "Wow, that's crazy, can't believe that works" and reported it to Blizzard, we would not have been banned, and probably would have kept the loot drops from Razuvious. He did not, and even tried to take the mobs out of the Military wing so he could solo the rest of the raid.
    Its an exploit why again? Remind me exactly why its an exploit...

Is using spellsteal an exploit?
    Is picking 2 talents from the talent tree an exploit?
    Is keeping mobs alive an exploit?

Its simply clever use. IMO