Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry... But Rexxar isn't even as bad as unbound corruption in Mage Quarter. Real talk!
    "When you build it, you love it!"

I play feral. My strategy for Rexxar is to open with rake, thrash, then shred whenever I'm near max energy. Primal Wrath when the first boar comes out, use mighty bash just before the first quills cast is done, then DPS that boar down (I kill it before the second quills cast finishes). Continue to shred Rexxar back to five points, second boar should come out soon, repeat the same process (I interrupt that boar with skull bash since the stun will be on cooldown). Once that boar is dead, DPS down to the two boars and open with focusing iris. That generally nukes the boars enough and then it's just DPS Rexxar while weaving between the incoming mobs. I hit Survival Instincts, but I don't even use my Mallet of Thunderous Skins on him.

Because I use Focusing Iris on the pack just before Rexxar, I generally sit around outside his hut for awhile to get the CD back. That also gives me a reset on Gift of the Titans. I personally fight him last of the four areas, and I have three or two orbs available going into him depending on how many mistakes I made earlier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Na.. i think thrall is more difficult. With all his abilities and the floor full of darkgoo.

You basically nuke the shit out of him and as soon as the boars are ther either use the focusing iris or any other high aoe abilitiy. He himself is not doing much.
    For Thrall with a solo run, he'll always drop the line of AoE in your direction. Tank him near the wall, with him facing the wall, and sidestep the stun. It'll keep most of the area clear. When you do have to run into the center due to his one ability, point him toward the covered areas as much as you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    ppl dont want to learn tactics and rage when something do not success when they press their 3 buttons /facepalm.
    Rexxar is pretty ez boss. Just need to cook him properly. First of all if you havent 400 sanity - better put orb before pull. Dont pull if your gift on cd. You dont rly have to zerg. Just kill all pigs and avoid his trap. when pigs die you MOST LIKELY will get gift proc. So you can zerg him with it ez. If you havent proc - just continue kite shit and kill pigs. Thats all. Also if you eat 2% food and took 2% potion its pretty hard to die from his attacks. Also gift procs pretty often from pigs. Cleared solo orgri like 7 times and it didnt proc probably once. Master Shaw or Umbrik much worse. Co you cannot completly avoid sanity loss. But here you just need to do it properly. Watch on fight and avoid shit. Broken dps rotation not a big problem. Also if you have bl or drums - just use it on him. You will lose debuf before last boss anyway (if u go to right side first ofc)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Completely depends on your spec. As Arcane I can use gift+warp+CDs and kill him in <10 seconds. As Ret I'm better off blasting the boars and taking a bit longer
    Well, you're using a Gift of the Titans proc. I mentioned that in my post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    I mean if you're geared enough then nuking him is no problem. I'm a hunter and burst for 150k dps so he just melts.
    Not everyone is, and not all classes have big cooldowns to blow.

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    I'm sorry... But Rexxar isn't even as bad as unbound corruption in Mage Quarter. Real talk!
    Yeah. Thrall, Rexxar, that mage quarter blob and Shaw are all on the "fight in an orb to save yourself a lot of hassle" list.

I'm not trying to be that guy but the boars melt pretty fast. He's never been a problem past the first time I tried him honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    Yeah. Thrall, Rexxar, that mage quarter blob and Shaw are all on the "fight in an orb to save yourself a lot of hassle" list.
    is it that hard to not face an eye? You can do all of stormwind save mage quarter very easily w/o using an orb

Well, two classes I play just burst him down.
    Uh dk - drums, potion, army, apocalypse, Purification essence and full dps as 460ilvl.
    Enha shaman - earth ele, hero, pot, purification essence, ascendance and full nuke.

On Frost mage not so easy - need to dps slowly and kill boars one by one, didnt make it though. Thinking of trying Arcane for nuking.

Most difficult at Rexxar is this tent, everything would be more clear, changing targets most of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataleo View Post
    He’s too powerful. Compared to other bosses there. More difficult than Thrall. Mechanics deadly, barely visible on this dark ground, small area, camera goes crazy. 5masks Rexxar is just a nuke test. Nothing more. Should be nerfed to match the curve of the rest of the difficulty. Or...
    Am I n00b? He’s just the same level, but I could not find a way to sort him out?
    Any tips?
    The problem is you're just not doing him properly. If you can't burst him down in seconds then you need to just take it slow and kill each boar as they come out. They come out every 20% health that Rexxar loses. If you take it slow it makes the fight a joke and I highly recommend it especially for 5 mask.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    1) Make sure the internal cooldown on Gift is up (use WA to track this).
    2) Place an orb (not needed, but makes it a lot safer).
    3) Stand in orb, pull Rexxar
    4) Kill the first boar that activates - this is almost guaranteed to proc Gift.
    5) At this point you are immune for 20 seconds, use this time to either nuke Rexxar down while ignoring boars, or keep killing boars safely one and one.

On character that aren't crazy geared, making 5-mask runs is all about using the Gift buff properly.

IMO the only thing that still needs a nerf in Visions is Alleria. Fighting her as a melee is one of the most frustrating things I've ever done in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    IMO the only thing that still needs a nerf in Visions is Alleria. Fighting her as a melee is one of the most frustrating things I've ever done in this game.

Honestly she's not bad if you watch timers, you can bait out everything she does so it doesn't land on her. The trash in Shaw's area is the hardest thing left imo, they hit insanely hard and almost every group has 3 different forms of CC, stun, slow, death grip, cast speed reduction, all with at least 1 of the vision corruptions and the lost ones are all CC related too.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    is it that hard to not face an eye? You can do all of stormwind save mage quarter very easily w/o using an orb
    the eyes are easy, but where else are you going to orb. not like you get more mementos for using less orbs or anything.

that mage quarter blob solo with leaded foot tho... screw that.

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    Mage Quarter + Leaden Foot = hardest zone in Horrific Visions. The amount of movement required for the elites in that zone is nuts, whether you're a melee or caster. At the very least, it's the most annoying zone imho.

Rexxar by himself is fine, because you can control how you tackle him. Either burst him down to reduce/avoid sanity casts by sitting in an orb, burst down the animals so they can't get casts off, or slow burn him to kill the boars one at a time by saving up resources. Any of these solutions doesn't really affect your run time much, especially if you're saving CD's/cooldowns. Regardless, I think people don't quite get that taking sanity loss (even in a 5 mask run) is fine as long as you don't take too many hits. Only sanity loss threat on Rexxar should be his piggies, as Rexxar himself really doesn't do anything other than melee you (and the traps/sha adds are telegraphed). This holds especially true with sanity loss reduction that we can obtain on cloaks now. I'm at the point where I don't even need to use a sanity orb to full clear a 5 mask vision... so blowing an orb or two to ensure a boss kill for most people shouldn't be that much of an issue.

I've done full clears of all Visions on ranged/melee, and Mage Quarter is the only zone I loathe across the board. I don't really get the hatred of Alleria by melee, as it's not really different than what casters deal with. Especially if you just wait for her via LoS (times well with her explosion) and she'll just run to you... kick bombs away, circle strafe the arrows, interrupt the poly, you're uptime is going to be high since the eyes tend to move behind you (and their sanity drain cone is pretty lenient). Won't say she isn't annoying, because she is. In general, SW horrific vision has way too many mechanics that force you to stop attacking compared to Org, where you can pretty much sit in melee on every boss the entire time... actually the Org instance encourages you to sit in melee.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Alleria is by far the worst one right now. The eye ability and range attacks with polymorph.
    Agreed, trying to get her to move to a spot not covered by fire for more than 2 seconds is pretty annoying.

edit: Quick question/poll here: Can anyone actually break Thrall's shield thing on 5-mask? I never even come close even with Lust, GotT, etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehorn View Post
    Agreed, trying to get her to move to a spot not covered by fire for more than 2 seconds is pretty annoying.

edit: Quick question/poll here: Can anyone actually break Thrall's shield thing on 5-mask? I never even come close even with Lust, GotT, etc...
    You don't even really need to worry about the fire. When you engage alleria, start the fight where she is standing. When she does the first bombs, just click on them and it kicks them away toward the wall and so half the fire is out of the room. just rinse and repeat where she is standing

as long as you kick the bombs away, you have room to fight.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehorn View Post

Yes, with Wings, Combust or full Enh CDs and fast time + Gift. It's pretty overtuned, but at least it doesn't matter that much if it doesn't break.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2020-03-26 at 10:50 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    the eyes are easy, but where else are you going to orb. not like you get more mementos for using less orbs or anything.

that mage quarter blob solo with leaded foot tho... screw that.
    if you *had* to use an orb just to use it, you could just do 2 in mage quarter and 1 at alleria.
    If you start in old town you can very likely do the first three zones w/o using an orb

Rexxar sucks until you learn there's two ways to kill him; 1) burst the ever loving fuck out of him and his boars before they can obliterate your sanity (fishing for Gift procs makes this far easier) which is a riskier strat or 2) play it safe, slow DPS to spawn one boar, CC and kill it, spawn the other, save cooldowns for the duo. Soon as his boars are dead he's a sitting duck unless you are in the dreaded leaden feet/split personality week which can cause you to eat his other summons.

For a first 5 mask kill I would highly recommend slow DPS. He doesn't do a lot of damage and at this point the passive sanity drain is negligible. Don't rush it for no reason. If you played decently well you should arrive at Rexxar with two orbs remaining anyway, use one for him and one for Thrall.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Honestly....Alleria or the mage quarter in SW is more annoying and I would rather see a nerf there.

Rexxar's boars spawn at Health percentage. So you can dps him in a way that you spawn only 1 at a time and interrupt the Void Quills. Also....what is your cloak rank and the archive reserve?

With Elite Extermination you should actually get some sanity back, no way you lose 200 sanity in that fight.
    OH MY FUCKING GOD. This explains it all. I kept thinking this entire time - oh I must be doing something wrong. There must be a fucking way around these stupid boars.

Mate I plate a Frost Mage, 472 ilvl, 82 HoA, capped cloak. I often deal 500-600k Glacial Spike crits. I always prepare a Glacial Spike + Ice Flurry before a boss/mini-boss so I can nuke them. So THIS is the reason I've been getting 2 boars from the very start of the fight on Rexxar and Thrall every single time And since they bump me they interrupt my casts and then I have nothing left to kill them off with (as Glacial Spike is basically my only ability that can kill stuff. Ice Lancing the boars to death isn't an option as they just nuke my sanity). Woa, next week is gonna be so much easier O.o

All that's left is dealing with the Eyes on Mathias Shaw... Now those are a fucking pain too. Especially since I need to be 10 yards away from my target to deal any relevant damage (Due to Glacial Spike and Ice Flurry timing) and I can't really do that on Mathias Shaw because I need him to stick to me as I move him to a place where I can face him without facing the eyes. And by the time I kill him I lose my health. Alleria is rather easy for me because she is ranged so it's easier to find a spot where I can nuke her with GS without facing the Eyes.

Why are people saying Thrall is hard? He's a joke compared to Alleria. The two boars can be killed within the protection of the orb, then all you basically have to dodge is a long casted stun from a line in front of him, and having plenty of time to switch between the center and outer ring of the room.