Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    No, it shouldn't. "Corruption" (I'm talking about the concept) is about empowering yourself at the expense of your own well-being, be it mental and/or physical. Lowering your damage output the higher your corruption level is goes against that concept.
    corruption and the resulting insanity is actually a berserk effect? seriously?
    not the more corruption you get you would hit your ally and eventually lose control of your character?

You sure?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    corruption and the resulting insanity is actually a berserk effect? seriously?
    not the more corruption you get you would hit your ally and eventually lose control of your character?

You sure?
    I think that's an example of ludonarrative dissonance. The game's plot leads you to believe that corruption would cause you to go insane and attack your friends, but the game doesn't facilitate that. Probably in part due to the fact that they wanted there to be a sliding scale for corruption. With damage, there's many different kinds of ways to damage a player, but mind control is rather binary; you either are in control or you aren't. There's no in-between.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I think that's an example of ludonarrative dissonance. The game's plot leads you to believe that corruption would cause you to go insane and attack your friends, but the game doesn't facilitate that. Probably in part due to the fact that they wanted there to be a sliding scale for corruption. With damage, there's many different kinds of ways to damage a player, but mind control is rather binary; you either are in control or you aren't. There's no in-between.
    That’s not true- they could have done things where the orb turns allies to enemies while in it, where you Run random directions like in visions, where your skills use the wrong ones When high etc...

There is. You can lose control of the character and not lose all control. There could be a debuff that inverts your movement; you press forward, and the character goes backward. That's a loss of control that still gives you control (if you don't move, your character doesn't move). You could have a mechanic where, as an elemental shaman for instance, you go to cast chain lightning or lava burst, but instead your character casts lightning bolt. You target an enemy and throw out damage at them, but the damage is actually redirected to the target of target. You can adjust your movement buttons, interrupt your spell casts, or stop dealing damage until the period is gone. You still control the character within the constraints of the insanity, but your character still behaves differently than their lucid moments.

I'll be honest, I came in here thinking that this was going to be a thread more about the fact that corruptions just generally aren't fun for healers and instead it's just people crying they have to heal more? I'm disappointed.

I'm more concerned with the fact that tanks and DPS get fun things like Infinite Stars and Twilight Devastation while healers get...some stat increases and stronger crit heals? It's incredibly disappointing to me that there aren't any incredibly fun and powerful healing corruptions to get.

I'd love to see something like

Corruption: Mind Over Matter

Corruption: 25/40/55

Occasionally spawn an orb nearby that restores 3000/6000/9000 mana. Collecting this orb will deal 50,000/75,000/100,000 damage to you and reduce healing received by 50% for 15 seconds.
    Something fun that could be useful but also have a drawback to make sure that you don't just get the mana and instantly top yourself off as well. The fact that this thread is about "Oh no I have to heal people that stand in things like I always do" instead is just....sad. Let em die then, who cares. If it's low end content then it won't matter if they die and if you're healing a fuckin M+15 then those players are probably not standing in bad shit anyways.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    There is. You can lose control of the character and not lose all control. There could be a debuff that inverts your movement; you press forward, and the character goes backward. That's a loss of control that still gives you control (if you don't move, your character doesn't move). You could have a mechanic where, as an elemental shaman for instance, you go to cast chain lightning or lava burst, but instead your character casts lightning bolt. You target an enemy and throw out damage at them, but the damage is actually redirected to the target of target. You can adjust your movement buttons, interrupt your spell casts, or stop dealing damage until the period is gone. You still control the character within the constraints of the insanity, but your character still behaves differently than their lucid moments.
    Maybe. I don't doubt that Blizzard considered things like this, because I certainly did. And it sounds awful, and is a big part of the reason why I and some others I'm sure, dislike pvp. Damage taken can be irritating, but it doesn't really impair you or make players frustrated. Except healers, maybe, but I've explained why it HAS to be damage taken and not something else.

Seems the issue is that roles suffer no consequence for failing to mitigate damage. What if there was a hard cap on the amount of healing a player could receive in a certain period of time. So, you can only receive 100 percent of your health in healing over a 20 second period. If the player then dies while at maxed healing, the blame falls squarely on the person's shoulders who is taking the healing. Yeah, that's kinda rambly. But, I am 7 beers in so give me a break!

Players are stupid. Get out of the low rio zone mate, most dps'es above 2.2k should know that being dead is a dps loss. Most of mechanics ever created falls on healers to deal with if others fail it. Same as every dps unable to interrupt/cc is a burden for a tank/healer. Or if a healer is crap and has his mana full/empty all the time it falls on tank to sweat and survive. Welcome to an MMO, where other people either can carry you or drag you down. Also, if everyone does mechanics perfectly, it is very much expected for healer to do quite a bit of DPS, which I don't see as much as I would like to, because in that case that's a healer who is not carrying any burden.
    I have loads of btag people who have added me or I have added them because we had a good run. I have my in game mates to play with and if I see them dying to things from beyond I just tell them to reduce corruption. One off is ok, but if u need to b-ress them every other boss, either I won't take em to anything important - they are my mates, but if their dps "gain" is an actual loss for the team, I can't ask people to carry such person.
    All in all, those are personal mechanics to deal with. If your dps failed to take out the bomb in LoS on Mekka in BoD 10 times out of 12 during the progress, you bench them. Not because you hate them or they are idiots, but because you have 18 other people who have to suffer for someone being inconsiderate.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    We had a healer die from thing from beyond on our mythic Raden progression. Maybe this thread should be named "corruption aka healers screwing themselves". Apparently overstacking corruptions isn't just a trait of those pesky dps players.
    Except healers can do it because they can heal themselves back up, like standing in a void zone to finish a heal is worth taking an extra tick to two. While dps do it so the healers can deal with it ...

On a second thought, the REAL corruption effect is

They made you see incoming damage that your healer will not see.
    The temptation is that you take the damage in exchange of DPS in hope that your healer would take care of it.
    And when your healer failed to do what you think the healer would do, the corruption take hold and you are fighting each other in real life and you and the healer start swatting each other yo~
    Last edited by gobio; 2020-03-26 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    Except healers can do it because they can heal themselves back up, like standing in a void zone to finish a heal is worth taking an extra tick to two. While dps do it so the healers can deal with it ...
    What kind of excuse is that, healers who facetank endless things from beyond and heal themselves up after, spend these globals not healing the people that actually needed healing in the first place. Plus corruption increases dps of dps players more than it increases healing of healers. And many dps have some self heals or ways to cancel thing from beyond so the external healing increase due to corruption varies wildly per class.

I get that things like leech, resounding protection, impassive visage etc. inflate self healing done by a healer but it's a sad trend that every healer's breakdown of who they healed - top person is themselves.

I'm all for pointing and laughing at dps or tanks who equip 75 corruptions then die, but that doesn't mean healers are exempt from that rule just because they're healers.

Imagine if thing from beyond wouldn't damage you, but require to be dpsed down, and some dps had so much corruption that all his dps went into killing the ghosts instead of the mobs in a dungeon or raid boss. People would /facepalm that this dps brings nothing to the group, his dps is wasted. Same story with healers who wear so much corruption most of their healing goes into mitigating downsides of it instead of doing anything else.

And I'm not saying about trivial content, if there's content that requires little healing so without corruption healer would be bored or dpsing 90% of the time, then there isn't any reason in the first place to complain about people's damage from corruption because it allows to clear the content faster while nobody was in danger of dying.

Maybe. I don't doubt that Blizzard considered things like this, because I certainly did. And it sounds awful, and is a big part of the reason why I and some others I'm sure, dislike pvp. Damage taken can be irritating, but it doesn't really impair you or make players frustrated. Except healers, maybe, but I've explained why it HAS to be damage taken and not something else.
    When that spike damage causes raids to wipe, then it's just not healers having fun. The point is that the "fun" of corruption should have diminishing returns for the player stacking corruption, not other players. If those things aren't fun for you, don't exceed the corruption threshold for them. Problem solved.

What kind of excuse is that, healers who facetank endless things from beyond and heal themselves up after, spend these globals not healing the people that actually needed healing in the first place. Plus corruption increases dps of dps players more than it increases healing of healers. And many dps have some self heals or ways to cancel thing from beyond so the external healing increase due to corruption varies wildly per class.

I get that things like leech, resounding protection, impassive visage etc. inflate self healing done by a healer but it's a sad trend that every healer's breakdown of who they healed - top person is themselves.

I'm all for pointing and laughing at dps or tanks who equip 75 corruptions then die, but that doesn't mean healers are exempt from that rule just because they're healers.

Imagine if thing from beyond wouldn't damage you, but require to be dpsed down, and some dps had so much corruption that all his dps went into killing the ghosts instead of the mobs in a dungeon or raid boss. People would /facepalm that this dps brings nothing to the group, his dps is wasted. Same story with healers who wear so much corruption most of their healing goes into mitigating downsides of it instead of doing anything else.

And I'm not saying about trivial content, if there's content that requires little healing so without corruption healer would be bored or dpsing 90% of the time, then there isn't any reason in the first place to complain about people's damage from corruption because it allows to clear the content faster while nobody was in danger of dying.
    Eh

What the healer does with his gcd isn't really your business, though. and healers always heal themselves the most because 1) most tanks have decent sustain 2) most healers usually keep hots rolling on themselves so they can add dps 3) leech/resounding protection/impassive.

Corrupted gear is the single worst idea Blizzard came up with and implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    should've shut up about TFing then lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    What the healer does with his gcd isn't really your business, though.
    With this attitude don't be surprised if you end up kicked from groups for not healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    I admit I'm not a fan of watching a single piece of gear doing 5 million damage in a raid fight.

I never said it's okay for a healer to go above 40 because they can heal it, hell I don't like going above 30 when I heal because of double eyes and none of the healers in my raid go near 40 either cause they don't like it. I'm saying a healer could go above 40 because they have the means to deal with it by healing off the damage, while dps don't and most of the time and just facetank it and have the healers have to deal with.

I do love how you say "healer has to spend the global for people who actually need healing", you mean the dps getting smacked by the things from beyond? I hate corruption. I like when bosses are predictable (even the random damage is still predictable), I hate that every week when there is nothing going on during Wrathion or Skittra or Xanesh I see people spike in health when no mechanics are going on ...

With this attitude don't be surprised if you end up kicked from groups for not healing.
    For not healing? If you're stupid and die to a grand delusions proc that's noone's fault but your own. Hell, if you die in pretty much any circumstance in M+ as a dps it's 90% your fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    should've shut up about TFing then lmao
    By that logic, we should stop voicing any complaints because Blizzard will make things worse.