Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Not unreasonable, but then again not either solid fact. There isnt just black or white as the person I was quoting was suggesting, but gray.
    It's about 80 20 and with plenty of people available who do a bunch of M+ why would I grab the guy who only does one a week unless I'm specifically just trying to find people who won't leave to get an alts done.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    That way you can choose the players to carry you instead of hoping to get carried.
    This is the logic I hate. People think that everyone is just trying to get carried because of a low IO score.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    raider.io only pulls score from your highest completed run... it doesn't matter how many you fail, your best run is what your score is based on...

i leave because people are not pulling their weight... just now i was going to do atal'dazar... rogue in the group was doing 9k dps on rezan first pull... 9k... i was doing 60k on first pull until we wiped... if he wanted to be carried he should have said that in the description... i'm not there to carry someone who clearly can't play their class... i did more dps than that in season 1 on my rogue... we killed rezan second pull but we had no heroism then... then we wipe on the trash to vol'kal... rogue is doing 12k dps... i'm doing 140k on trash...
    was he undergeared or afk lol?if he was undergeared why didnt you question it when you got in group?this one is tottaly a you problem,getting in a group with someone undergeared and then leaving is rly not cool

he wasn't undergeared... he insisted he was doing more damage than my details was showing and said it was bugged lol...
    hmmm well its either afk or yeah some details issue,no way someone is doing 9k dps....even auto attacking with random procs and coruption should do way more

10+ Year Old Account
    he wasn't undergeared... he insisted he was doing more damage than my details was showing and said it was bugged lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    hmmm well its either afk or yeah some details issue,no way someone is doing 9k dps....even auto attacking with random procs and coruption should do way more
    Yeah, honestly, it might have been a combat log bug. Out of curiosity, I just tested and sat my rogue on a target dummy in my normal gear (ilvl 365 and only 20 corruption) with no buffs other than poison, and my DPS averaged to 11.2k after five minutes of literally nothing but autoattack and whatever procs that resulted from said autoattack.

You put a person who has never played WoW on a rogue in decent gear in front of a mob and, provided they stay alive, they are going to do way way way more than 9k just randomly hitting abilities. So either he wasn't attacking at all, or there there is some error along the way (either a bug in the combat log or maybe details actually got set to a particular filter or something like that).

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Yeah, honestly, it might have been a combat log bug. Out of curiosity, I just tested and sat my rogue on a target dummy in my normal gear (ilvl 365 and only 20 corruption) with no buffs other than poison, and my DPS averaged to 11.2k after five minutes of literally nothing but autoattack and whatever procs that resulted from said autoattack.

You put a person who has never played WoW on a rogue in decent gear in front of a mob and, provided they stay alive, they are going to do way way way more than 9k just randomly hitting abilities. So either he wasn't attacking at all, or there there is some error along the way (either a bug in the combat log or maybe details actually got set to a particular filter or something like that).
    wow 11k auto attack dps at 365?damn,i need to try this on my 479 enha shaman with rank 3 twilight lol,i didnt even think it would be so high at such a low ilvl,werent we doing 11k dps at the start of bfa?the power creep is so crazy these days

I simply only invite people who have done a minimum of 30 +15 timed runs.

Neither score nor gear score alone is a significant benchmark.

Experience is key in m+.

And always be careful with people that are only missing that one dungeon in time or for their achievement. They often will leave if they think the run is not going to be in time.

On topic if you join a run that is not explicitly advertised as quick, +2 or push I expect you to stay for a reasonable amount of time.

But I do not think that people are forced to stay in fiesta runs that go way over time or are a wipe fest.

But if you are gonna leave just say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sámsa View Post
    I simply only invite people who have done a minimum of 30 +15 timed runs.

On topic if you join a run that is not explicitly advertised as quick, +2 or push I expect you to stay for a reasonable amount of time.
    I'd rather say don't join those groups, most of the time it's just an undergeared guy that want to attract experienced players to run his key. Most of the time that means "boost me".

But actually it works pretty well... That's why they keep doing it... But even so, don't expect more than a +1.

15+ Year Old Account
    >>> We need a pause-button. <<<

- Button only appears for the partyleader when there are less then 4 players in the party.
    - Button is only useable out of combat.
    - When pressed all players and npc's are frozen in place.
    - When a new player enters the instance they start at the partyleader and is also frozen.
    - Partylead presses button again to continue.

Then ppl will kick any dude who doesn't meet their expectations, and endlessly replace them till they find someone they like. Or they'll kick one random guy to group a guildmate to help/boost upon arrival at last boss.

Running a key would be a nightmare.

Or, if you remove the kick from group function, ppl who want to leave will just sit and do nothing till the group disbands.

There isn't any smart solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow 11k auto attack dps at 365?damn,i need to try this on my 479 enha shaman with rank 3 twilight lol,i didnt even think it would be so high at such a low ilvl,werent we doing 11k dps at the start of bfa?the power creep is so crazy these days
    Probably not going to be as high as enhance. Rogues typically have a high percentage of their dps as just white damage, and I also had my poisons to help. I think outlaw typically does even more white damage, but obviously no poisons there (just checked and as outlaw I do about 10k but my gear and setup for the spec is pretty subobtimal). I don't think most other classes autoattack for as much, except maybe a hunter? It's why even bad rogues still usually do decent damage

But in any case, 9k seems pretty impossible on a rogue of any spec if they are hitting literally any specials at all, even the wrong ones, since that's going to be lower or equal to autoattack damage. Either they were not active, or something is bugged somewhere. You can pull activity time from the log, and you can also see if they were doing specials but in any case, in this rare instance I'm more inclined to believe the rogue that there's a problem somewhere along the line with the log than him actually doing 9k DPS. I've never seen Details itself bug in that way, but due to how comprehensive it is, I wouldn't be surprised if some filter got accidentally set that wasn't showing the whole picture, or it could have been an issue with the combat log itself.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Probably not going to be as high as enhance. Rogues typically have a high percentage of their dps as just white damage, and I also had my poisons to help. I think outlaw typically does even more white damage, but obviously no poisons there (just checked and as outlaw I do about 10k but my gear and setup for the spec is pretty subobtimal). I don't think most other classes autoattack for as much, except maybe a hunter? It's why even bad rogues still usually do decent damage

But in any case, 9k seems pretty impossible on a rogue of any spec if they are hitting literally any specials at all, even the wrong ones, since that's going to be lower or equal to autoattack damage. Either they were not active, or something is bugged somewhere. You can pull activity time from the log, and you can also see if they were doing specials but in any case, in this rare instance I'm more inclined to believe the rogue that there's a problem somewhere along the line with the log than him actually doing 9k DPS. I've never seen Details itself bug in that way, but due to how comprehensive it is, I wouldn't be surprised if some filter got accidentally set that wasn't showing the whole picture, or it could have been an issue with the combat log itself.
    well details uses ingame combat log,so it should be able to bug out like any other recount/skada,and iv seen skada stop working a few times,unless im wrong about that

10+ Year Old Account
    well details uses ingame combat log,so it should be able to bug out like any other recount/skada,and iv seen skada stop working a few times,unless im wrong about that
    Yeah, I just meant that the fault would probably be with the baseline combat log (which sometimes happens), not details itself.

| twitch | bsky
    |

the worst kind of people are poeple with high io score that ask for score in the lfg tool , you get invited and you see people with less than 1.5k score ,if you want someone boosted specify it in the note you apes . none is going to read your mind.and you cant expect others to boost you or your friends without notice

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    the worst kind of people are poeple with high io score that ask for score in the lfg tool , you get invited and you see people with less than 1.5k score ,if you want someone boosted specify it in the note you apes . none is going to read your mind.and you cant expect others to boost you or your friends without notice
    Generally speaking, "I suck and my friends suck so please carry us" is not going to get a whole lot of responses.

It's much more than that. I haven't been able to make groups when playing with my friends for nearly 3 years now. Because my score is nearly always at least 1500-2000 higher than theirs. (Like 3k+ vs. 5k+ in Legion, 1.5k+ vs 3k+ for most of BfA).

Be it weekly +15 or weekly +10 (depending on expansion&season), or even less than weekly key level... We quickly learned that my score (with no requirements or promises stated, and even with "weekly" tag where appropriate) will attract the worst leechers around. People look at my high score and expect a free boost... And then they quit the moment they think we can no longer time our "weekly" run. So I always have to force my friends to make the group: that lowers the expectations of people signing up for the group, and we can suddenly have fun experience and finish our runs.
    Last edited by ID811717; 2020-04-05 at 06:23 AM.

Join a decent guild and add the decent people you find to play with them. Really no other way to fix this
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormvind View Post
    I left a key just now.

Why?

Signed with a tank friend and I'm the healer. He says what route he's going to take.

Everything is fine until second obelisk. We're going to clear more trash before going in to skip.

So we run off to kill trash. Only for my addon to announce all the dps died from the obelisk boss. They had jumped in for no fucking reason.

They come back and kill the pack we've pulled.

Run into obelisk and dies again.

Comes running back without going into the first obelisk and wipes us.

We run back. Gets the percent we need. One guy enters obelisk and dies, again.

We go in and do the skip with 4 of us. Last guy comes running with mobs and wipes us. I just told my friend I'm fucking done. Told the dps they need to get a brain and then left.

People like that shouldn't get their key done. They should be barred from mythic plus for being so bad. People carrying these bad people should be ashamed for not leaving the keys.
    and did you talk to them or did you just leave?
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Generally speaking, "I suck and my friends suck so please carry us" is not going to get a whole lot of responses.
    Rather be honest than a scumbag

Rather be honest than a scumbag
    Agreed. But for the people who make groups like that, they're just making the big brain play and hoping to scumbag IO so they can continue to get into groups they have no business being in. It's more a flaw with IO than anything else, people have been doing this since the beginning of time... there's just an API to help make it happen now.