Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'd also like to say that you can avoid the boar attack by getting out of their line of sight in the small chambers they're in.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    There's a 2 min timer on cloak and it's guaranteed? If so, really good advice.
    It's not guaranteed. It's entirely possible to get no procs from boars or the bugs from corpses just before the hut. The chance is pretty high, but sometimes bad luck happens - and having zero procs makes Rexxar much more annoying to deal with.

While we're on the topic of Rexxar, does anyone find the trash pack before his hut extremely hard? Not sanity damage but they just outright kill melt my health down on 5 masks. Like it's more dangerous than Rexxar himself.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2020-03-27 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    While we're on the topic of Rexxar, does anyone find the trash pack before his hut extremely hard? Not sanity damage but they just outright kill melt my health down on 5 masks. Like it's more dangerous than Rexxar himself.
    cc the swarmleader

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    This advice comes with some dangers of its own, though. You have to remember that Blizzard isn't exactly perfect at coding, especially when they are rushing things. And while this usually works, I've had like 2 or 3 runs where, well, the stupid eye decided that the inside of the pillar would make an awesome place to teleport to. One time that ended up with both of them evading, leaving me to die a slow and steady death to sanity drain. The other time it just disconnected me when the eye tried to port again. Reboot game, log in, vision failed.

Might just be me being unlucky, but I learned to never truly hug the pillars, always keep a distance. I.e. Line of sight her, but not being directly next to the pillar.. A bit more inconvenient, but a failed vision is a failed vision, even if it's Blizz' fault.
    the eyes only do sanity drain if you look at them, so you should be good by just ignoring them and standing between the eyes and the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    IF anyone has to be nerfed it is Shaw.

Rexxar - click my CDs, press my cloak and burn him down ignoring mechanics
    Shaw is sanity neutral apart from the passive drain and does no damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    If you use Ghastly Goulash then damage is basically nullified.
    It definitely helps a lot, but damage is still the only thing any of my characters have struggled with on 5mask for the past few weeks.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    cc the swarmleader
    Or just kill it. It's not an especially strong enemy, but it buffs everything around it.

10+ Year Old Account
    5 masked it, not OP, just a matter of handling the mechanics. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Shaw is sanity neutral apart from the passive drain and does no damage.
    Well - he is still the only one I struggle on.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    This advice comes with some dangers of its own, though. You have to remember that Blizzard isn't exactly perfect at coding, especially when they are rushing things. And while this usually works, I've had like 2 or 3 runs where, well, the stupid eye decided that the inside of the pillar would make an awesome place to teleport to. One time that ended up with both of them evading, leaving me to die a slow and steady death to sanity drain. The other time it just disconnected me when the eye tried to port again. Reboot game, log in, vision failed.

Might just be me being unlucky, but I learned to never truly hug the pillars, always keep a distance. I.e. Line of sight her, but not being directly next to the pillar.. A bit more inconvenient, but a failed vision is a failed vision, even if it's Blizz' fault.
    To be honest... I've had the pillars fail to LoS Alleria's aoe explosion and instantly end my run, but I was on a ranged character (and I spam instant casts until I get the LoS error message). However, unless something is an easily repeatable bug that happens with regularity, it's not something to be concerned about. Regardless, if the eye goes into the pillar then readjust so the pillar is to your back: it'll only damage/drain you if you look at it and it has LoS on you. Can't do anything about evading bugs, which I've had happen a ton in Visions... same with combat bugs. If I gave up on working strats because of bugs, my cloak would be level 1.

Pillar-humping is still an effective way for melee to have Alleria come to them if they find themselves struggling to keep reliable uptime on her and dealing with casts. I should still stress that it's not necessary, and I find it just as easy to killing Alleria 5mask on a melee as a ranged, even if I don't have immunities. Melee have the advantage of shorter duration interrupt CDs and being able to have full DPS on the move while dodging eyes/arrows, while ranged have the advantage of a little more DPS just before you have to LoS her explosion or make distance from her Chains abilitiy. I honestly find Visions much easier as melee than ranged, unless you're a pet class, as there's so much movement that needs to be done.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    That's the problem.

5-masks Rexxar is not a "nuke test".

In fact, what you should actually do is to DPS him slowly until he reaches 50% health. Why? Because he summons his boars at fixed intervals of his HP, up 50%, which is when all boars are out and he summons the fleshbeats rampage.

DPS him slowly, focus the boars as they spawn, then nuke Rexxar once all four boars are dead. You should only ignore the boars and focus and nuke Rexxar outright if you get a Gift of the Titans proc from killing the first, maybe the second boar.
    It can be nuked, save drums for that particular fight and he's dead within 20seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    The issue I have with Rexxar is just the amount of raw melee damage he does (on 5 masks). It's tricky because you're encouraged to take it slow for boars but you struggle to stay alive vs. his white hits if you're a squishy class with no sustain.

Obviously if you have self healing or you're wearing plate it's a lot easier.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Mataleo View Post
    He’s too powerful. Compared to other bosses there. More difficult than Thrall. Mechanics deadly, barely visible on this dark ground, small area, camera goes crazy. 5masks Rexxar is just a nuke test. Nothing more. Should be nerfed to match the curve of the rest of the difficulty. Or...
    Am I n00b? He’s just the same level, but I could not find a way to sort him out?
    Any tips?
    you literally have an entire city (SW) which is too powerful.

In OG you have 1 single boss that needs attention and proper gameplay.

I think we can all agree that you should just learn to play rexxar (it's not a nuke fest if you simply ST the boars if they spawn because then they spawn 1-1-2 so you really only have to burst DP one in that entire fight) instad of demanding unneccesary nerfs

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    He was a little tricky until i realized that if you track Gift of azeroth and proc it just as you pull rexxar he becomes a complete cakewalk.
    This, or proc the gift by killing the first boar then destroy rexxar with the buff up.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Gift of the titan procs aren't guaranteed on kill while it's off cd. My 5 mask clear this week, I waited until the internal cd was finished before I started killing Rexxar, ended up killing all the boars and not getting it to proc once. Super annoying.
    Mhm i could swear titan gift proccs are guaranteed when they are off cd. atleast whenever i wait also for example also in front of alleria and kill the lvl 1 rat i always get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yes, he's the only mildly challenging boss in visions. He doesn't need to be nerfed, though, considering there's plenty of ways to play the fight, so you can do it even with bad gear.
    Kill 1 boar at a time
    CC boars
    Orb and nuke
    Gift and nuke
    Some combination of the above

If you fail to traps or the sha bois, you just need to stop being bad.
    Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Or just kill it. It's not an especially strong enemy, but it buffs everything around it.
    i mean the guy is having problems

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    the eyes only do sanity drain if you look at them, so you should be good by just ignoring them and standing between the eyes and the boss.
    It was about breaking LOS with the boss to make her move out of the middle, not the eyes. The eyes just happen to sometimes bug out when hugging the pillar too much.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    When 3 are up, it is indeed pretty much impossible to avoid all sanity loss unless you have a mass stun I guess? So I wonder if the best advice isn't indeed to drop an orb and just nuke away inside it.

Anyways. I keep trying and learning and hoping to one day go from 3 masks to 5. Ppl have videos in ilv 459 gear doing it with the class / specc I play, so there is hope

Yeah...that has been bugging me since forever that the game hardly gives info on ANYTHING - no wonder why sites like Icy Veins or wowhead are so popular. But ofc the ppl writing the guides are players like us, they just research stuff more intensively.

AFAIK the timer on the cloak is 3 min. It dispels any corruption and grants a 6 sec immunity to corruption effects. The Gift of the Titans research has an internal 1 min CD and from what I read an 80% chance to trigger on a kill if available. This is why ppl sometimes try to trigger it on critters if they face a boss without adds)

To see the internal CD and when Gift is up, you can get a WeakAura string. Pretty helpful.
    Alternatively, with how irrelevant sanity generally is, you can intentionally drop below 50% sanity before a boss to spawn a Figment to proc Gift from if there's no critters or easy mobs available, and then drop an orb immediately and pull the boss. Another option is summoning the mailbox mobs, which both Alleria and Thrall have one of nearby(AH next to Thrall, not sure what the building is near Alleria but it's in the big square in front of the cathedral), and dragging it to the boss room.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    When 3 are up, it is indeed pretty much impossible to avoid all sanity loss unless you have a mass stun I guess? So I wonder if the best advice isn't indeed to drop an orb and just nuke away inside it.

Anyways. I keep trying and learning and hoping to one day go from 3 masks to 5. Ppl have videos in ilv 459 gear doing it with the class / specc I play, so there is hope

Yeah...that has been bugging me since forever that the game hardly gives info on ANYTHING - no wonder why sites like Icy Veins or wowhead are so popular. But ofc the ppl writing the guides are players like us, they just research stuff more intensively.

AFAIK the timer on the cloak is 3 min. It dispels any corruption and grants a 6 sec immunity to corruption effects. The Gift of the Titans research has an internal 1 min CD and from what I read an 80% chance to trigger on a kill if available. This is why ppl sometimes try to trigger it on critters if they face a boss without adds)

To see the internal CD and when Gift is up, you can get a WeakAura string. Pretty helpful.
    I just solo 5 masked on my 450 enhance shaman while on a phone call lol, you just need to know what to do/avoid, its not a damage check really. with 14 cape you can just basically let the passive resistance carry you

and yes, not giving you everything is intentional because 1) it's an rpg, figure it out. Squaresoft didn't publish ff7 with the abilities every boss does, did they? and 2) yall gonna datamine it anyway
    Last edited by Kehego; 2020-03-27 at 10:58 AM.