Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only consider something P2W if the person buying stuff gains an advantage that isn't obtainable through in game means. Private servers in the past utilized this and created "donor" gear for those that donated. You couldn't get this gear any other way outside of donating and it was more powerful than any other armor set. If someone wants to pay real money for a boost or some service that skips the grind, I don't consider that P2W in anyway shape or form. As long as the grind isn't absurdly long, like having to invest anywhere close to a part time job for months on end, then it's not P2W. In the end, no amount of money will give them an advantage that I can't obtain myself through grinding the good ol' fashion way.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Better trade servers with Djuntas, he seems to be the only one making lots of gold from crafting...

People who make money from bracer shuffle etc., do you count all the time spent clicking that goddamn button? Or do you count it as "zero time spent". I found out most people who claim "I earn millions with 5 mins of effort a day" severely underestimate the time they spend. Crafting, restocking mats, scrapping, scanning for deals, posting trade macro if they buy mats in bulk, reposting the expired / undercut stuff, it all takes time and it's usually told to people that it's "nothing". You can speed up crafting with the glove enchant but the rest, not by much.

Boosting developed into organized thing with all the "communities" so people who actually perform the boost are not the same people who sit in trade and spam for hours. I'd rather spend 2h boosting in a raid and earn 200k than spend 2h herbing which is much more boring and probably less gold per hour.
    ROFL, id be happy if the bracer shuffle worked anymore too =/. many people are using a craft/DE macro and razer synapse to automate to process. While it is against tos i have used it for 10 years and never had an issue.

Ive noticed on many of the EU servers Alch is still making money, maybe its a USA thing where the servers economy just turns to shit and is bass ackwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Im so glad people still believe this, just more gold for us AH players. OP, im one of the people who buy these boosts cause I make millions on the AH Corona outbreak defiantly also helped on my gold making. AH play is not hard, but some people dont care about gold making or they are...scared? to try it for risk of loosing gold...idk.
    It's not hard but it's extremely luck dependent on the realm you chose to set up on. And don't even say I'm wrong. I started making uncanny gear at the launch of 8.3 like many others did. Several people made millions from it and I barely made a 100,000 cause it sells better on their realm than mine. It's like that for a lot of things. If you chose the wrong realm, there is no gold making on the AH. And I am on a high pop server. I have been trying to make gold all expansion and the most I've gotten to is 600k, but one bad week that coincides with my token purchase for my sub and I lose most of it.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2020-03-27 at 02:12 AM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nullp0inter View Post
    because it promotes absurd inflation left and right
    Money changes hands between players has ZERO effect on inflation. There are three things that effect inflation in WoW:

Raw gold sources
    Raw gold dumps
    Hoarding gold

That's it. The more ways you can earn raw gold (Gold drops, vendorable items, gold from quests), the higher inflation. The more gold dumps (Purchasing mounts/cosmetics/bags/etc from vendors, repairs, et al.), the lower inflation.

The amount of total gold IN the economy is what causes inflation. Players can hoard gold, which will lower inflation, because there's less gold being moved around giving the illusion of less gold in the economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    It's not hard but it's extremely luck dependent on the realm you chose to set up on. And don't even say I'm wrong. I started making uncanny gear at the launch of 8.3 like many others did. Several people made millions from it and I barely made a 1000,000 cause it sells better on their realm than mine. It's like that for a lot of things. If you chose the wrong realm, there is no gold making on the AH. And I am on a high pop server. I have been trying to make gold all expansion and the most I've gotten to is 600k, but one bad week that coincides with my token purchase for my sub and I lose most of it.

100% this.

Most anything , anyone says about crafting, profs, making gold etc... needs to start with the words.

"On my server" and hopefully name the server. otherwise wht they say is pretty much useless info.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's the easiest way to make money in the game and it is very easy to do for literally anyone. You just have to carry through something you're capable of. Too shitty to carry scrubadubs through 15s? No problem, just carry them through 10s for less money. Plenty of lazy fucks want quick 10s to gear up their alts fast and will pay to get it done easily rather than bugging their mates to do it. Why worry when you can just carry a few idiots through 15s on your main to pay for it? It is that fucking easy and yet another example of why shit like raider.io means absolutely nothing whatsoever.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

You could say that. There is always more money doing a service than selling something you have crafted. I've had blacksmithing forever but there isn't really anything I can make money on, not since like TBC, when those crafted hammers were the hottest shit for PVP warriors. Always liked the concept and the RP part. Me getting mats, maybe even buying on AH, making weapons that people need, and getting a little profit. Nope, mats were always more expensive than the finished product. They dropped in value after I applied my hard earned skill on them. People don't need blacksmithing for raids, leveling, pvp or anything important. Perhaps in the early stage of an exp, at maxlevel, if they have too much gold, they might buy an upgrade instead of running a HC dungeon or something like that. It's very rare. I wish Blizzard either made the items better or cheaper to make, and add some smaller, cheaper consumables that could be a recurring sale for the smith, like those old sharpening stones, adding a small buff to melee weapons. Sorry about derailing this into a whine about professions, but I think they need a lot of love.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Yes and yes. I hate this new trend and I'm honestly sick of seeing trade chat just flooded with what are likely level 1 alts (judging by the names) peddling M+/Nyalotha/etc. runs blah blah blah GOLD ONLY. It's constant and drowns out anything else that might be going on in trade chat.
    yeah the spam is the only issue,i rly dont understand why blizzard doesnt just add a system for this, a special tab in the group finder only for adds and a chat,granted people would still advertise in trade because people are there more

- - - Updated - - -

Crafting is just worthless these days, everything sells for peanuts or barely above mats costs. Gathering you can forget about unless you're hardcore multiboxer.

So yeah, boosting is the only way to make quick buck and since not everyone has the skill to boost high end pvp, raiding or m+, they try to find other niches like levelling, islands, achievements, etc. There's some group on my realm that always spams they sell warmode achievements or duelist club ones.
    gathering is is fine,you just wont make as much as multiboxers,obviously,and crafting isnt useless...i buy stuff from ah that crafters make every week,jwl stuff,enchants,postions,flasks,and the armor you craft for yourself is bis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thzz View Post
    your self awareness is pretty low.

You are assuming that "play the game" means the same for ALL players that it means for you. look outside yourself for a moment.

To some "play the game" means getting achievements.

Some pet battles

Some PVP

Some making gold

Some leveling alts

Some Raiding (this sounds like you)

Some just doing quests

think about it a bit more and please report back.
    Doesn't change the fact that you are paying to other player to play the game for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Tbh this complaint makes about as much sense as saying some people prefer casual hookups to being in a relationship and then complaining about STDs. Sorry, if you prefer to pug then you take it with all the disease it brings.
    Sure, if you live in an isolated world where the only pugging exists is BFA, i'll agree with you. But i've played through vanilla, in vanilla, the most you had to fear was a ninja looter, which was rare. In TBC, it was the same, wotlk, the same, cata, the same. It was only really in WoD that pugging exploded as guilds started dying left and right and everything became cross realm. The second everything and everyone was anonymous entirely, everyone just started treating each other like animals.

The game has gotten so anonymous right now, that doing anything selfless is just that - selfless. It is 100% an act of charity. Being kind in any way, you will never see the consequences. Most people when they give to charity, want to see change. They want to see that well built in Africa, they want to see the homeless person their way to work get his life together, they want to see food in someones hands.

In WoW, you will never, ever see that player again. Ever. You probably can't even google their name to check their armory, because they're Russian and you can't type their language.

Virtually no one wants to go on some humanitarian quest every time they log into WoW to pug, so instead the opposite occurs. A great example of this is behavioural distance between rural townsfolk and inner city folk. Rural townsfolk are universally much more kind, open and patient. They will move out of your way without you asking, they'll smile and say hello, they'll give you their seat and so on. Inner city folk have evolved a hardened personality from living in a dystopian landscape, where even basic things like holding a door for someone can mean they miss their train and are 30 minutes behind. So they all become rude as fuck. They won't say hello, they will march right through you, they'll not help if you drop something and so on.

That is what WoW pugging is like now, thanks to the immense amount of randomness in cross-realm technology. I can't even filter out people that don't speak English, thats how bad the system is and this system has bred people that treat pugging and puggers like an adversary to be overcome. They join groups hostile and view everything said to them as a jab coming from a hostile entity.

In vanilla we were pugging molten core and it was fine. Now, even with personal loot, you pug nya'lotha and i see people get kicked for pulling trash accidentally or failing a mechanic, a single time, when it doesn't even result in a wipe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Absolutely, blizzard has one or more pro group that sells mythic raids disguised as random pepes. Latest wow is hardly p2w. Brutosaur is the last money grab they do. Shadowlands will be utter Garbo

- - - Updated - - -

Worst on top. People think this is common for wow and the old players start vanishing because they are sick of the bad treatment

- - - Updated - - -

And this is only doable by destroying The middle class wow. The wider the cleft between rich and poor the better. This way blizz can control demand on a very easy way (player think it’s natural order)

Carries have always been a major earner.

The main difference now is that crafting is worth precisely fuck all. Only botters and multiboxers have any money.

I am fine with carries. Demand and supply basically. But I am not fine with the spam. Trade chat looks like a twitch chat. Everyone is spamming their services every second. It's sad. Carries were always I thing, but I think nowadays way more people do it, and indeed, there are lacking other methods to make lots of gold.

But I think it's also Blizzards fault. Creating this atmosphere. This kind of gameplay. That normal raiding is not enough. That you have to push keys every week. To have special items and achievements behind heroic clears. People get the feeling they need these boosts in order to compete or enjoy the game. It's pay2win in a shroud. And people abuse it.

But yeah, banning them from trade would be lovely. Giving them a own channel to spam their shit is what I like to see more.

Up to Blizzard whether professions are useful. Not players fault for finding much better ways to make gold, if not spending on tokens. I personally don't like the practice, but good for those who do. It's a free market isn't it.

Also it is quite easy to spot who is boosted and who actually does M+ with a quick glimpse at their IO or gear. So contrary to some delusional comments - raider.io is still extremely useful in telling people's experience.

The new legacy of World of Warcraft: a game filled with cunts that doesn't have any boundaries.

There was not a single bot in chat when 8.3 had landed, we had an endless conversations in trade chat with zero disruption. It was fun while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its called pay 2 win

blizzard managed the impsible - they implemented it into game without their playerbase whining.

kudos to them for that.
    Have you met the wow playerbase? You even post on MMOC in which whiners reside in droves.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that you are paying to other player to play the game for you

To you maybe WOW is all about clearing the latest raid at the highest level you can. That is what the game is to you, that's fine I get the challenge and the fun that provides to you.

Raiding would be fun for me too and be part of what " playing the game" is for me except that since cross realm, PUGS are a totally caustic waste of time (no fun), and I chose not to commit two nights per week of my life to the game and a guild.

I like to play when I want not when I am scheduled and have to. Thus raiding is not a part of the game for me. If I can spend 30-60 minutes when I choose and experience the latest raid, check out the graphics, raid mechanics , get heroic gear, etc etc then perfect. It costs me nothing as i have more gold than I can spend. If I didn't have gold I would be just as happy never seeing the inside if the raids and be fine with the 440 gear I get from all over from "playing the game".

Like I said to the other guy, I can explain the above to you, but cant understand it for you. That you need to do on your own, but start by stepping outside yourself and considering that not everyone in the world is like you and don't think and feel the same way you do about things (google EQ to get started on your your journey toward self improvement )

How much does visions boost go for? I mean, I can easily solo a 1 mask run with another person just standing around and I reckon up to 3 masks (not long night and daredevil) should be doable, if they have the +200 sanity trait and decent cloak rank

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Nothing wrong with that, I pay for services that I dont want to do myself in real life all the time as well.

You have to understand that people may not play the game for the same reasons you do, and like different things.
    You pay for services you can't or won't do in real life, because you need (or want) to do it. You pay for grocery delivery because you can't (or don't want to) get out of house. You pay your lawyer to defend you in court because you can't (or don't want to) do it yourself - it's a things you have to do in real life or face consequences.

WoW is a videogame you play for shits and giggles, there is no emergency, there is no reason to even consider buying a carry run, all you achieve by doing this is you don't get better at the game you enjoy (otherwise why would you still play it), you spend ingame resources and you rob yourself of game experience.

I'm not saying that there is no place for carry runs to be in the game, i imagine if you are in a hardcore raiding guild and need 4 toons (for some reason) to be in top-notch condition and you simply can't afford the time to do it - sure, but it's a such a rare case that doesn't correlate with actual demand for these sort of things

Bottom line is - all people play games for the same reason - to have fun, that's why i think that some people actually like to pay other people to play their game for them. Maybe scratch "pay" part, maybe they don't enjoy paying, maybe they just want to "see content" like this and get their purples only to replace them in the next patch, because they don't do that kind of content that needs this kind of items. That's some sort of modern / mobile gaming mentality that osmosed into wow.
    Again, not trying to undermine anyone for buying carry runs, you do you with your gold, but it doesn't make sense to compare real life services to this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thzz View Post
    Like I said to the other guy, I can explain the above to you, but cant understand it for you. That you need to do on your own, but start by stepping outside yourself and considering that not everyone in the world is like you and don't think and feel the same way you do about things (google EQ to get started on your your journey toward self improvement )
    Oh no, i understand how people do it, i just don't understand why. You can achieve the same thing by watching a youtube video, since amount of interaction required from you in a carry run is basically equal to watching it. Or heck, do an LFR - that's exactly why it's in the game (contrary to popular belief that it's a timed mechanic that allowed ret paladins and warriors get gurthalak faster, but accidentally was left in the game 'till this day)
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2020-03-27 at 12:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nullp0inter View Post
    I think it's bad, because it promotes absurd inflation left and right. Blizzard seems ok though since the tokens are flowing.
    How does that work exactly.

If anything prices have plummeted since uldir.

If you wanted aotc uldir you were looking at 1.5-2 mil.

Aotc now is about 400-600 k I've even seen runs at 300k

But I don't think you understand that token sell price is directly tied to people buying tokens with gold.

The easy mode log in click a few buttons cycle to the next alt gold is gone. Mission tables might give 1k a week now
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]