10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    He already has...

After his announcement that chloroquine phosphate (the same chemical in aquarium cleaner) might be a game changer for combating coronavirus, people died.
    Erm... even an U.S. President is pretty much powerless against the stupidity of some of the common folk.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    To be fair it is being tested in clinical studies at the moment, and We already had news abefore his little announcement that afew other idiots overdosed on the stuff. So this is more on the man who decided to self medicate with this stuff that already has warning labels saying not for human consumption. Not that I think he won’t get more Americans killed anyway, this part is just on people being retarded.
    Internal Emails Show How Chaos at the CDC Slowed the Early Response to Coronavirus

After Considering $1 Billion Price Tag for Ventilators, White House Has Second Thoughts
    A deal with General Motors and Ventec Life Systems to produce tens of thousands of the critical lifesaving devices seemed imminent. Then the announcement was pulled back.

Trump downplays need for ventilators as New York begs to differ
    "I don't believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators," the president said. But city and state officials say they need far more than the administration is providing

WTB non moronic president PST.

To be fair it is being tested in clinical studies at the moment, and We already had news abefore his little announcement that afew other idiots overdosed on the stuff. So this is more on the man who decided to self medicate with this stuff that already has warning labels saying not for human consumption. Not that I think he won’t get more Americans killed anyway, this part is just on people being retarded.
    Except for the part where the man's wife who survived outright says they did it because of what Trump said.

I totally agree with you it's retarded people doing retarded things, but it's a little bit different when the retarded thing is based entirely off of what Trump said.

It's not ALL on him, because people have a brain they should be using to NOT make stupid decisions...but some of it is, because some people actually believe and put stock into what he says and take action based on it...like this couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Erm... even an U.S. President is pretty much powerless against the stupidity of some of the common folk.
    Yes, many many many many many people are stupid, no denying that.

And I'm not literally saying he killed them, I'm saying that people will do things based on what Trump says. Stupid people might (lol....will) do stupid things that would very likely not have done had Trump not said anything about it.

Like telling a toddler that a freezer is a good place to hide for hide and seek, and then being surprised when you finally find them with frostbite, or worse.

Not saying he’s not a tard ,I’m just saying that sucking down a vial of a toxic chemical that comes in a contain with warning labels is more the person own fault.
    I blame him reason is whenever someone in his position says something it holds sway over people, you always have to imagine the dumbest person on earth listening and think lower. It's like screaming fire in a movie theater, thanks to Trump these drugs are in short supply and people that need it to treat their disease are shit out of luck. It's not just those two idiots he is killing people who need these drugs to live.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Not saying he’s not a tard ,I’m just saying that sucking down a vial of a toxic chemical that comes in a contain with warning labels is more the person own fault.
    It can be both. If my boss told me to clear jams in a bandsaw with my bare hands, then he would be a irresponsible fool. If he told me that and I actually did it, then I would also be an idiot, but it doesn't make him any less of an irresponsible fool for saying it.

This is the classic "Who is the bigger fool, the fool, or the one who follows him". The answer is both. They are both idiots.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Yes, many many many many many people are stupid, no denying that.

And I'm not literally saying he killed them, I'm saying that people will do things based on what Trump says. Stupid people might (lol....will) do stupid things that would very likely not have done had Trump not said anything about it.

Like telling a toddler that a freezer is a good place to hide for hide and seek, and then being surprised when you finally find them with frostbite, or worse.
    He said it’s a game changer and being tested, I don’t think he said for people to go out and self medicate with it.

He said it’s a game changer and being tested, I don’t think he said for people to go out and self medicate with it.
    I'm not disagreeing with you about them being stupid, but they only did it because of what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Till Lindeman (singer of Rammstein) is in ICU in Berlin.
    According to Bild, he is still in ICU but not in danger anymore.
    Also seems he does not have Covid-19. He had high fever and pneumonia, so it was a guess early on, it seems.

In this kinds of stuff surrounding celebs Bild is normally pretty informed, but we will have to see. (Otherwise it is utter trash, so always use Bild with care!)

Actually yesterday he went on Fox and said there was no danger in taking it because it's been used for decades and it's safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Actually yesterday he went on Fox and said there was no danger in taking it because it's been used for decades and it's safe.
    Quite frankly, I find this to be "reaching".

It's not some secret that that medicine and 3 others are being touted as potential treatments that can ease the recovery process, we also got notified about fast track approval of 4 potential treatments locally to combat the disease.

It does not mean it's a call to action to go and bloody swallow these randomly or even go as far as "whelp this aquarium cleaning fluid has it there, let's drink it".

There's plenty of things to rake Trump over the coals for, but this one is not on them. If people get their hands on what is prescription medicine and start swallowing it uncontrollably or drinking fucking cleaning liquid - it's really on them. I mean, there are even reports of people drinking fucking bleach, because they were told it kills the virus.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but the latter was the obvious outcome of the former.

Especially when it comes to his base.

Speaking of HQC, does anyone have info on when we'll get some preliminary information on the clinical trials that started in NYC last tuesday? Next week? Next 2 weeks?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    A healthy 16 year old girl just died in France.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang View Post
    In the linked article it is also stated that the medical condition of the girl can't be revealed due to state law. Wether she had any pre existing/undiagnosed health conditions is not known.

The numbers of spain can be seen here: https://www.mallorcadiario.com/adjun...7_COVID-19.pdf - The cases in ICU and deaths in the 10-29 age group are low.

There are many young morons out there that go running around because of "who cares, it doesn't kill me anyway". The numbers sadly back them up. Their behaviour has to change, but publicizing the occasional death of a "healthy" young adults is likely not going to change that.
    Last edited by Kaesebrezen; 2020-03-27 at 04:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Speaking of HQC, does anyone have info on when we'll get some preliminary information on the clinical trials that started in NYC last tuesday? Next week? Next 2 weeks?
    Nobody knows. But I wouldn't expect anything before 2-3 weeks at a minimum.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Nobody knows. But I wouldn't expect anything before 2-3 weeks at a minimum.
    I hope it's 2 weeks or less. Not for a formal paper, but even some tidbits.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Some said it couldn't be done, but thanks to having the CDC pandemic experts pushed out, as well as defund CDC n HHS, delayed response, mixed messaging from different levels of government, and a vastly unprepared for profit health care system America is #1 in coronavirus cases.
    America! everything is bigger here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Italy jumped up +919 deaths today. Highest single-day increase by far.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    I guess a bunch of my fellow teachers have tested positive.

My school is talking about their wanting to close for the rest of the school year since it's projected more positive cases will come up and we won't have enough teachers.

We're attempting to work out some form of online classes, but many people in the area don't have access to the tools needed so I'm not sure what's going to happen.

It's the city and state's call. I'm in Massachusetts by the way.
    Where in MA? I thought all schools have been closed already. (I'm from MA too)