Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    This made me chuckle. So true.

If $15 a month isn't in your budget, you should be finding more work and playing fewer video games. Sorry.
    Well, to be fair, what was in the budget 3 weeks ago, may not be in there NOW as a FUCK TON of people dont have jobs now.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

It's funny because if it was the opposite that every account got 1 month free people would complain that paying costumers didn't get rewarded and say that they should give an xp buff instead.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Well, to be fair, what was in the budget 3 weeks ago, may not be in there NOW as a FUCK TON of people dont have jobs now.
    That's the point. I mean call me a pod but if I lost my job yesterday, I got no money for nothing and I got X mouths to feed then I wouldn't be here on MMO-C trying to get a free month for a game that I deem not worthy of paying for. But hey, that's just me!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    Other games got some good promotions to hold player in game during this tough times.
    World of Tanks got very attractive 2 free weeks of premium account.
    BFA is terrible expansion and making players get back is quite important.
    I suggest give all inactive and active accounts one month of free play.
    "BFA IS TERRIBLE BUT LET US ALL PLAY FOR FREE BLIZZ"

As much as I appreciate a good 'MORE GIVE US MORE REEEEEE' post (not really) they've already been pretty awesome with the XP buff and pulling the trigger early on Legacy Loot in Legion content.

If you want a month of WoW without paying, you're welcome to go farm gold and buy a token.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

OP thanks for the laugh.

Personally the 100% XP boost is more valuable.

Because 100% increased exp is way better?

Maybe they chose this over a free month because it makes them more money, but I prefer it. It's perfect for anyone who still wants to grind some heritage armors.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 free month is great marketing opportunity instead of greedy 100% xp boost IF YOU HAVE ACTIVE account.
    Literally the dumbest comment I've seen on the internet today.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Imagine being upset that a game that's already handed out a 100% XP boost for a month isn't also giving out free game time.. the entitlement these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    Gives example of one game.
    Heroes of the Storm - All characters are currently free to play

Overwatch - Game is doing free play (as far as I'm aware, I don't actually play overwatch this is second hand information from my friends who play it)

Oh wait these are also Blizzard games, maybe asking for more in addition to 100% bonus exp and bonuses across all their other games is silly.

Althooooough, as the virus gets worse they might add more bonuses or extend the current ones.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfals View Post
    Of course not, everyone else (game companies/steam/epic/Ubi) are giving free games and free time, why should ActivisionGREEDzard?
    "Everyone else"
    What?
    I havent noticed anyrthing free in liek literally any of the other games/platforms i play on, steam has not offered any free games, epic games store i have only noticed the usual promotions. 3 games free but they are well... small short games with microtransactions.
    "Everyone else" is really only "1 or 2 other companies"

steam is having their usual sale though, which has some pretty decent options.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Can we quarantine people like the OP out of the Internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Right? This must be really hard on small indie companies like Activision.......oh.....
    TIL Activision Blizzard is a charity.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I get it, times are tough for some folks. But $15 is still just not very much money. I know most folks live paycheck to paycheck, but that also means you shouldn't be spending money you don't have on a video game.

Nice attempt to exploit a crisis for free stuff. You're a class-act, OP.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

why not work for free at your company? It is hard times for business!
    edit: or even better - pay double subs so blizzard can pay employees who won't be able to do any work due to self isolation/sickness!
    wake up, it's not a single group of individuals who are suffering so other groups can help them. It's whole world!
    Last edited by erifwodahs; 2020-03-27 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    I get it, times are tough for some folks. But $15 is still just not very much money. I know most folks live paycheck to paycheck, but that also means you shouldn't be spending money you don't have on a video game.
    I can't go the bar atm.

I could sub my accounts for a few years with the money I'm saving.

Microtransaction heavy mobile game is definitely a good comparison. Why isn't Netflix, Prime and Hulu giving us free months too! Walmart should give us a month of free bread!

Other games got some good promotions to hold player in game during this tough times.
    A few games might have, but not as many as you think. Just because there is a pandemic going on doesn't mean anyone has to have any promotion at all.

With that said they do have a promotion going on with 100% XP Boost. Just because you might think it isn't good, doesn't mean others don't. This promotion also rewards those who are playing/enjoying the game. If you want the promotion then subscribe and take advantage of it. As the real reason for your post is point out below where you want inactive to get free time.
    World of Tanks got very attractive 2 free weeks of premium account.
    Again, that's one example out of how many online games? That's merely a small drop in the bucket when compared to the mass amount of games out there and how many are holding any type of promotion. So you want to compare a free to play game getting free premium time? A game that you can play with or without premium?
    BFA is terrible expansion and making players get back is quite important.
    You can't use your opinion as a fact. BFA is doing pretty good and can be actively seen in-game with the population.
    I suggest give all inactive and active accounts one month of free play.
    So you just want a free month of time? Should've just said that from the start and only used that line.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2020-03-27 at 06:20 PM.

1 free month is great marketing opportunity instead of greedy 100% xp boost IF YOU HAVE ACTIVE account.
    Give it a 200% rep buff ontop of that and I'll be happy.

I don't think the monthly sub is what is keeping people away from BFA.

Honestly it's probably better to the health of Shadowlands that potential players do not play BFA.
    Hi Sephurik