Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    When 3 are up, it is indeed pretty much impossible to avoid all sanity loss unless you have a mass stun I guess? So I wonder if the best advice isn't indeed to drop an orb and just nuke away inside it.

Anyways. I keep trying and learning and hoping to one day go from 3 masks to 5. Ppl have videos in ilv 459 gear doing it with the class / specc I play, so there is hope

Yeah...that has been bugging me since forever that the game hardly gives info on ANYTHING - no wonder why sites like Icy Veins or wowhead are so popular. But ofc the ppl writing the guides are players like us, they just research stuff more intensively.

AFAIK the timer on the cloak is 3 min. It dispels any corruption and grants a 6 sec immunity to corruption effects. The Gift of the Titans research has an internal 1 min CD and from what I read an 80% chance to trigger on a kill if available. This is why ppl sometimes try to trigger it on critters if they face a boss without adds)

To see the internal CD and when Gift is up, you can get a WeakAura string. Pretty helpful.
    The cloak is corruption. Not sanity. The cloaks on use has nothing to do with visions. Only your corruption effects like the slow. The eye that shoots you. And the dude that chases you.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    I just solo 5 masked on my 450 enhance shaman while on a phone call lol, you just need to know what to do/avoid, its not a damage check really. with 14 cape you can just basically let the passive resistance carry you

and yes, not giving you everything is intentional because 1) it's an rpg, figure it out. Squaresoft didn't publish ff7 with the abilities every boss does, did they? and 2) yall gonna datamine it anyway
    While I do agree that some amount of exploration/discovery is good, Blizzard needs to do a better job with things like tooltips. They're very frequently misleading or straight up wrong, which makes discovering things harder because the game is just lying to you about how some things work.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    While I do agree that some amount of exploration/discovery is good, Blizzard needs to do a better job with things like tooltips. They're very frequently misleading or straight up wrong, which makes discovering things harder because the game is just lying to you about how some things work.
    por ejemplo? link some flat out wrong tooltips

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    The cloak is corruption. Not sanity. The cloaks on use has nothing to do with visions. Only your corruption effects like the slow. The eye that shoots you. And the dude that chases you.
    cloak reduces sanity drain in visions so it has EVERYTHING to do with it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    cloak reduces sanity drain in visions so it has EVERYTHING to do with it.
    no, the on use has nothing to do with sanity, or visions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    por ejemplo? link some flat out wrong tooltips
    Take a look at any of the "increases X stat from all sources by Y%" corruptions. It's not actually all sources, it's only rating.
    The "poison" debuff from the stealthed guys in Old Town in visions? Not actually dispellable by poison dispels or slow removal other than druids' dispel, meaning it's clearly not a slow or a poison.
    Numbers in a huge amount of tooltips.
    Most times when the middle of the screen CC indicator says you're silenced from Legion onwards(tooltips for those debuffs as well)? Not actually a silence but a pacify(silence prevents spell casts, pacify prevents any ability, spell or auto attack)
    Writhing Segment of Drest'agath says it does X damage to all nearby enemies(nearby in itself is a term they need to actually be consistent with or just write the number of yards instead), in reality it splits the damage, which should use a different tooltip structure.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2020-03-27 at 12:53 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

You still take full sanity damage if you use the cloak effect, its for corruption only. Tested several times.

And for rexxar or any boss, just wait for the gift cd, kill something then nuke rexxar and the boars. Worst boss for me is Alleria 5 mask as a melee. Damn all that shit everywhere! Going on my mage after and its like "lol whats my melees problem, fucking plebs"

Thrall is so easy it's just silly compared to both rexxar and Alleria. There is nothing horrific about him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Idk, as an unholy DK I just accept that's he's cancer on 5 masks and is a guaranteed sanity loss, so i burst him down with army and lust (don't need either of those on thrall, he's a pushover). Yes, he spawns multiple boars with the nuke strat, but they usually either spawn while the orb is still up or when my gift procs, but even if none of those happens, I just aoe them all down in a single DnD window. By then rexxar is already sub 15% anyway so i just nuke him down and go back to 100% sanity, or at least close to 100%. The only thing to be careful of are those stupid small adds that walk across rexxar's room. It is very easy to be knocked back by the boars into those and lose a ton of sanity.

If you don't want to deal with those risks, just kill him slowly, spawning 1 boar at a time.

no, the on use has nothing to do with sanity, or visions.
    I need to learn to read properly.

- - - Updated - - -

Meh none of stormwind really presents to much an issue to me and personally I find thrall to the harder of the 2 and need both my aoe stuns to deal with boars on thrall.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

I know there were a lot of suggestions already, but if I can offer one more. I drop my orb right where I know he lays a trap at the start. This allows me to pop the trap without losing much right at the start and gives more room to maneuver during the rest of the fight. Granted, by this week I was already killing him in less than 30 seconds (464 outlaw rogue), but I still follow that strategy just in case something goes wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Use: Dispel any effects of N'zoth's Corruption, and become immune to any further Corruption effects for 6 sec. (3 Min Cooldown)

It indeed mentions corruption effects...not sure, but I guess they don't necessarily drain sanity? What about stuff like the effect that the mask of the burning bridge has? is that a corruption effect? If so, it also drains sanity.

Now I am not even sure when to use the cloak

- - - Updated - - -

Well, 5 masks at ilv 450...so here's to hope - because that is where I am

As for "figuring it out" - That is fine if it is about finding objects, treasures, even mechanics to beat encounters. But basic stuff about your character, like what is the best stat, why is mastery for this specc best and versatility for that...I think the RPGs of old did explain that in their handbooks. And I don't think I should need to go to Icy Veins to find out what gems to use or what enchants.

Sure..you may say it is all common sense, but apparently it either isn't or common sense is rare
    Corruption is only the corruption effects which come from havign too much corruption gear, thats it.
    Really that should only be used if you
    1. need to move out of something and the slow spawns
    2. cant move (like on wrathion) and the eyeball spawn
    3. you are about to do your dps cooldowns, and dont wanna be bothered by the purple chasey dudes.

but yes, tyhe cloak only effects visions with the "Sanity resist" the on use effect is JUST corruption gear.

Absolutely not, Horrific visions are laughably easy,have been since getting half way down the Talent tree and gaining 200 Sanity from mob kills
    If anything they should make the other bosses harder.

with 5 mask clears and having 2/3 spare orbs its getting really boring without a challenge

The best way is to hope for a Gift of Titans proc after killing the first boar.

5 mask rexxar and thrall is a cakewalk in comparission to 5 mask alleria, melee PoV.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    I know there were a lot of suggestions already, but if I can offer one more. I drop my orb right where I know he lays a trap at the start. This allows me to pop the trap without losing much right at the start and gives more room to maneuver during the rest of the fight. Granted, by this week I was already killing him in less than 30 seconds (464 outlaw rogue), but I still follow that strategy just in case something goes wrong.
    That seems kinda unnecessary considering you can just drop an orb at the entrance and pull him into it, and just never dealing with the traps at all.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Mataleo View Post
    He’s too powerful. Compared to other bosses there. More difficult than Thrall. Mechanics deadly, barely visible on this dark ground, small area, camera goes crazy. 5masks Rexxar is just a nuke test. Nothing more. Should be nerfed to match the curve of the rest of the difficulty. Or...
    Am I n00b? He’s just the same level, but I could not find a way to sort him out?
    Any tips?
    in short yes youre a noob, cc or nuke adds, adds spawn based on hes HP if you cant cc or nuke adds wait for cds or wait for Titan proc CD and fight him with it
    Last edited by Feral Druid ist Op; 2020-03-27 at 05:10 PM.
    I.O BFA Season 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Licketysplit77 View Post
    Absolutely not, Horrific visions are laughably easy,have been since getting half way down the Talent tree and gaining 200 Sanity from mob kills
    If anything they should make the other bosses harder.

with 5 mask clears and having 2/3 spare orbs its getting really boring without a challenge
    2/3 spare orbs? Ma boi, you don't even need a single orb there and that's me as a lock.

How to do Rexxar? Plop infernal on top of his ass and burst him down in 8 seconds flat with drums - you end up with net gain in sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    2/3 spare orbs? Ma boi, you don't even need a single orb there and that's me as a lock.

How to do Rexxar? Plop infernal on top of his ass and burst him down in 8 seconds flat with drums - you end up with net gain in sanity.
    Thats what i said, 3 spare orbs.
    I'll admit on Healer alt @ 430 ilevel and rank cloak 9, 5 mask full clear an orb is required

"Lol git gud scrubs" isn't very helpful advice. Still trying for a 5 mask clear on my monk. The one where you leave behind puddles wherever you move makes positioning a nightmare in combination with the affixes. Also learned that the spinning kick is considered movement by it, so that's fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.