Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I avoid such displays.
    Every once in a long while something hits me unexpectedly though. I was in a bagel place and as I was sitting down I glanced and espied a little girl in a wheelchair. Appeared she'd be born with some sort of nerve disorder...and I had to sit down quickly; put my face down to the tray and tried to control this hot rage and tearful sorrow...took a deep breath and wondered wtf was wrong with me...

Not very often. Movies and music can get me from time to time. Especially when Dumbledore dies.. gets me every damn time.

Easily when something touching happens in movies, something like the last 40 minutes of Cloud Atlas for instance. Never about sad stuff.

Not at all. It takes a lot to make me cry, but I can get emotional or 'tear up' given certain triggers. But it's pretty rare in actuality.

I do not come by emotional empathy easily and it is very difficult for me to interpret people's emotions or emotional reactions. I often do not understand their point of view as a result.

7+ Year Old Account
    As a man I've never been discouraged from showing emotions. I was never judged as a child or youth if I was emotional because I was of a certain sex.
    But after maturing past my teenage years, I am simply just not moved to tears. I can still feel my emotions perfectly fine, they just manifest in different ways now.

I would say the feeling of crying I used to get when I see something sad has been replaced with a more proactive feeling of disgust at the negative component in the situation.

Crying does nothing good, it is a waste of time and fixes nothing for me. It is something children do for sympathy or to alert grown ups. I think it is more usual as a mature male to feel a rage instead. A rage at the injustice done, or the perpetrator. Some people are wired differently of course, feeling sad and have it manifest in tears is not a weakness, but to some it just disappears as a method of dealing with emotions.

I cry all the time.

I think I cried last over the story about the 5 year old boy with corona asking his mum if he was going to die. I really felt for the hopelessness of the mother.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    I've teared up at things several times a year, but I haven't cried outright in a looooong time.
    Tearing up is crying.

the last time i really cried, was at my grandmothers funeral last year.

i do tear up during movies pretty easily though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I cry easily, especially during movies. I guess I’m a very empathetic person.
    I cry if I choose to be emotionally invested in a story or a character.
    Even music can make me cry, if I open up and it starts to resonate with my soul.

I can also watch movies and be totally unaffected, which is what I always choose to do whenever I am not alone.

As for real life situations, the stress level has to be pretty damn high for me to start crying. It hasn't happened in many years.

Stubbed my toe earlier. Was cursing like mad with some tears, does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I cry easily, especially during movies.
    Most movies are fake.
    For example, in Titanic, rich people let women and children escape first.
    That is not true. In real life, the first class passengers have high priority.

If you see something too good to be true in movie, google it.
    Most are not true.
    Even it is, it has some other reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Most movies are fake
    Wtf is your point?
    A good story has the viewer/reader involved in the story being told.

10+ Year Old Account
    i cried after i saw what they did to alleria windrunner in legion. those monsters.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Only something emotional can make me cry and it depends on the situation. If I'm surrounded by people depending on me I tend to shut down emotions and take care of everyone else first. If I'm alone in private and something moves me emotionally then I'll cry. If I'm with someone I can be emotionally vulnerable around I'm fine crying in front of them.

I never really cry. My eyes get watery at the dumbest things in movies though.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurgjelme View Post
    As a man I've never been discouraged from showing emotions. I was never judged as a child or youth if I was emotional because I was of a certain sex.
    But after maturing past my teenage years, I am simply just not moved to tears. I can still feel my emotions perfectly fine, they just manifest in different ways now.

I would say the feeling of crying I used to get when I see something sad has been replaced with a more proactive feeling of disgust at the negative component in the situation.

Crying does nothing good, it is a waste of time and fixes nothing for me. It is something children do for sympathy or to alert grown ups. I think it is more usual as a mature male to feel a rage instead. A rage at the injustice done, or the perpetrator. Some people are wired differently of course, feeling sad and have it manifest in tears is not a weakness, but to some it just disappears as a method of dealing with emotions.
    What about situations that rage would not apply, like the death of a friend, family member or pet?

I am not male but last night I cried because my cat who most likely has cancer needed to be moved to a higher dose of medication to keep his lungs from filling up with fluid. I know crying doesn't change anything but I cried because I am sad at the thought of losing a cat I have had since before he was born. A cat I helped raise and held when he was just hours hold. A cat who follows me around the house and is at my side all day as I work from home. I am not angry, I am sad.

- - - Updated - - -

I cry easily, I always have. I have cried recently because I am worried about my cat who might have cancer. I have cried because I am scared of everything going on with Covid 19, I am immune compromised and made parents are 69 and 70. My grandfather is 92. I am scared that if my parents get it they might die. I am scared if I get I might die, my body can barely handle a cold. I cried because my parents and I had to cancel our vacation together in April, I know at age 69 and 70 we don't have many vacations left before it will be too much for them to go.

I see nothing wrong with having and showing emotions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seirith View Post
    What about situations that rage would not apply, like the death of a friend, family member or pet?

I am not male but last night I cried because my cat who most likely has cancer needed to be moved to a higher dose of medication to keep his lungs from filling up with fluid. I know crying doesn't change anything but I cried because I am sad at the thought of losing a cat I have had since before he was born. A cat I helped raise and held when he was just hours hold. A cat who follows me around the house and is at my side all day as I work from home. I am not angry, I am sad.

- - - Updated - - -

I cry easily, I always have. I have cried recently because I am worried about my cat who might have cancer. I have cried because I am scared of everything going on with Covid 19, I am immune compromised and made parents are 69 and 70. My grandfather is 92. I am scared that if my parents get it they might die. I am scared if I get I might die, my body can barely handle a cold. I cried because my parents and I had to cancel our vacation together in April, I know at age 69 and 70 we don't have many vacations left before it will be too much for them to go.

I see nothing wrong with having and showing emotions.
    Sorry to hear that. I lost a kitten some months back. Someone had left it outside to die in a the cold. By the time I by chance found it, it was barely alive.
    After taking it to the vet, gotten it on medication and feeding it with a syringe it started to improve, until it started to struggling with breathing one night.
    Just died suddenly after improving for days.

I was sad for the kitty of course, but it was nothing compared to the rage inside against the person that dumped kittens outside in the cold. there where two other kittens just like it that was found around the village where I live. They had frozen to death outside.

I've been to 3-4 funerals the last half year, two of them childhood friends and relatives. But I am unable to manifest my grief in tears. Maybe I am just growing old and bitter :P

Nothing wrong with crying, I dont judge others for reacting different than me.