Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    So add Einhar (hence forth referred to as BestBoi) to your hideout.

Check your atlas, the red frame with the skull on the side is BestBoi missions. The three circles are map categories, white maps\yellow maps\red maps. If you have a number in one that is the number of available missions. You want to run a white map (not rarity, level) with BestBoi, you talk to him and say Atlas Mission, then put a white tier map in his map device slot. Will spin up portals that are going to have BestBoi in it. Also, there are BestBoi Scarabs.
    That's cool for endgame, but what about leveling? Does he ever return to the same areas? Or is farming only done in the atlas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    That's cool for endgame, but what about leveling? Does he ever return to the same areas? Or is farming only done in the atlas?
    leveling is random. He has a chance to spawn in the zones, just like he has a chance to spawn in maps that down have another master already.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Welp, trying a more damage oriented Dominating Blow guardian. Have one that's functionally an aurabot with high solo ability on standard but that's from ages ago. Apparently they're good now (with Herald of Purity minion), especially with some of the herald specific stuff added since then.

It's crushing leveling, though that's not much of a feat. Not sure how I'll figure out the sustain in the build, but if I can just leap around and let my dudes kill things while occasionally whacking stuff to generate more/buff with Smite, I'll be content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started my Frenzy Raider using One with Nothing.....jesus christ. socketed it at 16 and proceeded to essentially one tap everything. I am level 51 one now and am still instant phasing mobs. This is bonkers. I went levels 16-50 with just Frenzy + Ancestral Call + Melee Splash. I finished the first lab at 28.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’ve started a poison blade blast build and it’s pretty nuts. A few Cast of blade fall before a boss activates and it’s easily 30 or more poisons applied instantly in most cases. Likely the fastest I’ve ever killed the act bosses and maps will likely be similar as I keep progressing in gear.

Running champ using facebreaker warchief + herald of purity + dread banner + skitter + blood stance with 2 heartbreakers + cyclone on weapon swap.

I haven't had this much fun in ages. Just grabbed my first reserve/phys damage circle of guilt this morning and should have the second one tonight. DPS is only 1m atm but every upgrade now is going to be 50-60% phys increases. While mapping is slow, bosses last seconds. Was worried about using the weapon swap but it's made playing more dynamic. Haven't even bothered with flasks which will add another defensive layer + a better cluster jewel (maim/impale/maybe bleed + res) will help as well.

Best part is perm fort means I can use dash + second wind which is just busted as far as movement is concerned.

Soul Thirst has dropped in price a lot which is nice.

Now I don't have to worry about mana at all and can get the cheaper Herald of Purity rings with minion damage/reduced phys taken.

I'm actually pretty happy with this right now (Dom Blow/HoP guardian). Clear speed isn't the best for maps, but for investing around 90c (70ish on the Soul Thirst alone), I feel like the build is working very well. Still lots of room to get tankier and beef up my minions, just got a minion cluster gem with 20% chance to impale and 10% chance for double damage for my minions which is freakin sick since they're almost always at full HP and have insane attack speed.

Still need to figure out sustain though. Getting above 6K life will help, but I don't do a ton of damage myself so I've cobbled together some life gain on hit (poachers mark ring, yay!) and a bit of life leech, plus some passive regent. Still not as tanky as I want to be, but once I dump 5+ ex into gear that should help quite a bit.

Still really not liking this league mechanic. Drops are pretty good, but I hate feeling rushed to the point where I don't want to pick up loot and lose those few seconds. That and the cast on death mechanics are STUPID ANNOYING. They punish builds that have to actually stand there for a second more than mobility builds, and half the time I legit have no clue what even killed me because there's so much shit going on at once.

10+ Year Old Account
    A: Was the PS4 version playing like crap for anyone else, today? Felt like it was running on abut 5 Fps at times...

B: Despite tha BLITZED labs (all hail Dark Shrines), and managed to kll Greust AFK. I really rather love this build! (Cyclone/Reckoning)
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    B: Despite tha BLITZED labs (all hail Dark Shrines), and managed to kll Greust AFK. I really rather love this build! (Cyclone/Reckoning)
    It's great. My brother is making one now and I'm strongly debating making another because it's so god-damned strong. I'm learning about Sirus mechanics this league watching my brother get rekt by him, because I functionally ignored most of his attacks last league. I was more or less intentionally eating most of his beams to do more damage, since they appeared to barely touch me if they landed and were blocked more of the time so that was free damage.

If you can afford it, go crit. Crit is holy shit hilarious with reckoning, something like 400% multiplier with reckoning hitting from like 150k-200k flat phys...shit just melts.

My dominating blow/herald of purity build is getting better with more investment (around 1.5ex now, so still dirt-cheap), but I'm doubtful I'll ever get anywhere as tanky as I'd like to be...but we'll see.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-03-27 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    A: Was the PS4 version playing like crap for anyone else, today? Felt like it was running on abut 5 Fps at times...

I've heard the latest patch has introduced some issues (3.10.1 on PC)

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I've heard the latest patch has introduced some issues (3.10.1 on PC)
    IIRC they confirmed there were some client side issues via people sending in DXdiag reports. I think I got hit with that, because I was routinely seeing my FPS crater and getting pretty common lockups lasting a few seconds, and since I use dynamic resolution was seeing it go down to like 200p during fights at times.

Thinking it's both client and server side, though my brother has run into almost no issues and I'm no engineer, so what the hell do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    IIRC they confirmed there were some client side issues via people sending in DXdiag reports. I think I got hit with that, because I was routinely seeing my FPS crater and getting pretty common lockups lasting a few seconds, and since I use dynamic resolution was seeing it go down to like 200p during fights at times.

Thinking it's both client and server side, though my brother has run into almost no issues and I'm no engineer, so what the hell do I know.
    Ouch, that sounds painful! I hope they get it figured out, never really got into this season but I've been keeping track.

Ouch, that sounds painful! I hope they get it figured out, never really got into this season but I've been keeping track.
    I...am kinda hating this league a lot still. It's better now that I'm on a character that's more fun to play, but I just loathe the mechanic. The only thing about it that I think I like is actual Delirium maps, which I just recently started running a few of. Those are way more fun, and if the mechanic was more centered around pumping THAT than the timed shit in the maps I'd be thrilled.

Really don't like the timed shit. And even after the big improvements to visibility (hey, they made the things that blow up red so you can actually notice them!) I'm still finding that it's difficult to keep track of a lot of the cast on death shit from enemies in the fog. I really hate that about 70% of my deaths are because I stop for a quarter second to pick up an item or just ignore loot and make the long, boring trek back to slowly pick things up before leaving.

I...am kinda hating this league a lot still. It's better now that I'm on a character that's more fun to play, but I just loathe the mechanic. The only thing about it that I think I like is actual Delirium maps, which I just recently started running a few of. Those are way more fun, and if the mechanic was more centered around pumping THAT than the timed shit in the maps I'd be thrilled.

Really don't like the timed shit. And even after the big improvements to visibility (hey, they made the things that blow up red so you can actually notice them!) I'm still finding that it's difficult to keep track of a lot of the cast on death shit from enemies in the fog. I really hate that about 70% of my deaths are because I stop for a quarter second to pick up an item or just ignore loot and make the long, boring trek back to slowly pick things up before leaving.
    My problems are the time shit and the annoying act boss kill times honestly, it sucks a lot of fun out of leveling when all the bosses take forever to kill and kill me in one shot. I usually like to level and play a lot of builds over a league and it just makes leveling not fun.

And yea, the insta shot kills in the fog are freaking annoying too.

My problems are the time shit and the annoying act boss kill times honestly, it sucks a lot of fun out of leveling when all the bosses take forever to kill and kill me in one shot. I usually like to level and play a lot of builds over a league and it just makes leveling not fun.

And yea, the insta shot kills in the fog are freaking annoying too.
    That...partially sounds like a build/gear problem. I only had a few leveling uniques (nothing that good even, and no tabula) and absolutely smashed through the acts on both my animate weapon and dominating blow characters. Act bosses are stronger than they used to be (were they buffed after the Meta buffs with 3.9?), but you should still be able to kill most without too much of a problem. You can always swap skills while at low level if your build is a late bloomer. I know I struggled a bit on my ST character last league, but...well...that's because the build was kinda not great and my gear, especially while leveling, sucked hard.

That...partially sounds like a build/gear problem. I only had a few leveling uniques (nothing that good even, and no tabula) and absolutely smashed through the acts on both my animate weapon and dominating blow characters. Act bosses are stronger than they used to be (were they buffed after the Meta buffs with 3.9?), but you should still be able to kill most without too much of a problem. You can always swap skills while at low level if your build is a late bloomer. I know I struggled a bit on my ST character last league, but...well...that's because the build was kinda not great and my gear, especially while leveling, sucked hard.
    I'm not a summoner or trap player, I like to self cast, and that makes everything harder. I've done ED/Contag, different poison builds, some of the new abilities, but self cast is in such a poor state right now it makes me sad. If you're not doing cyclone/traps/summoner it's like you're doing it wrong.

I'm not a summoner or trap player, I like to self cast, and that makes everything harder. I've done ED/Contag, different poison builds, some of the new abilities, but self cast is in such a poor state right now it makes me sad. If you're not doing cyclone/traps/summoner it's like you're doing it wrong.
    You can get around it with some of the tanky builds like Tec Slam jug etc., plus there's always the meme arc builds etc.

But yeah, I've been in a similar place for a while. I'm still basically a summoner on my guardian, but at least it's melee and not cyclone.

Traps are great bosskillers, garbo for everything else.
    Summoner are still pretty strong overall.
    Cyclone will just never not be insanely strong. A channeled skill that gives you mobility, attacks insanely fast to proc on hit/crit etc. skills, and synergizes as a delivery vehicle for buffs in addition to being a primary/secondary damage source?

It's not just self-cast, the overall skill balance is kinda fucked. Granted it always will be due to the difficulty of balancing EVERYTHING, but at least seeing skills that are overrepresented being taken down a peg to allow for more diversity will be nice.

And it doesn't help that their continued design reinforcing the "GOTTA GO FAST" meta also kills any build that doesn't prioritize speed which is...well...most self cast and non big-melee AoE skills : /

10+ Year Old Account
    There are plenty of self-cast builds that are strong. Frostbolt-Nova Heiro, Archmage + almost anything, and Divine Ire are all extremely viable.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    There are plenty of self-cast builds that are strong. Frostbolt-Nova Heiro, Archmage + almost anything, and Divine Ire are all extremely viable.
    A lot of them can't be leveled like that or are slow killers though.

It's a "I want to play these skills because they're fun to me" thing. Like I've looked into both divine ire and frostbolt and they look boring to me

A lot of them can't be leveled like that or are slow killers though.

It's a "I want to play these skills because they're fun to me" thing. Like I've looked into both divine ire and frostbolt and they look boring to me
    Sometimes you gotta bit the bullet and level with another skill until you can make your build "work". It sucks, but that's the only solution for builds that only start "working" at higher level/with some gear.