Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Do we know how many people are getting tested and how many of that tests come back positive?
    In my country so far the tally is around 12% positives. And they are already quite selective.
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

That flight map might seem crazy, but trust me, flights are A LOT less then they'd normally be. My brother works for Delta at O'Hare, It's not their main hub or anything, but normally they do 80 flights throughout the day, now they are down to maybe 20. Normally he's not even allowed to park in the normal parking lot it's restricted to passengers, but because of how few passengers there are, he's allowed to park there and it's saving him a lot of time in travel time, where it normally takes him like 30 minutes to get from car to punch in it's now just a few minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I gotta assume you mean States... In that case, we will see that today (for me your today ends in 2 hours, but I still will probably see 100k in USA before 24:00)
    we just passed it.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    1% is a fucking huge number.
    its more like 0.05%.... however i bet Trump will say its good for funeral home buissnises! This reminds me... can i buy any funeral home stocks?

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Come on, now. The US has ~150 international airports. Canada has, like, 6.
    Fewer international airports in Canada's case wouldn't improve things. It would make them worse. Regardless of the number of airports, Canada has 25% of the US's international travels per year. If there are more people traveling through fewer points of departure, they're going to transmit the virus exponentially more than if spread through a larger number of more sparsely traveled hubs. It's the same math for why social distancing works: a couple of people walking through a mostly-empty room results in a slower virus transmission than a couple of people walking through a crowded room.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Thinks are starting to get tight in the Netherlands. Went from 761 ICU's in use to 873 out of 925. They are working on extending it to 1050 beds by the end of the month but we're looking to be out of space tomorrow, and 1050 isn't going to late more then a day or 2 regardless.
    Ouch, at the beginning we had about as many ICU, but our population is half of yours... and the army is busy trying to double our capacity ATM...
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

15+ Year Old Account
    International airports aren't the issue. It's airplanes and airports in general. They are petri dishes for the virus. Your domestic flights are the thing that is fucking up the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    He already has...

After his announcement that chloroquine phosphate (the same chemical in aquarium cleaner) might be a game changer for combating coronavirus, people died.
    Should I facepalm harder at the dude that ate aquarium cleaner or at you for equating hydroxychloroquine and azithrommycin ingested medically with eating aquarium cleaner?

You make it sound like you would eat aquarium cleaner if your doctor told you hydroxychloroquine and azithrommycin could be a game changer in fighting corona..

By the looks of it I think I'll put you in the same category as the aquarium eater..
    Last edited by tikcol; 2020-03-27 at 08:29 PM.

Worst case scenario is 100k-200k with the current methods in place. It may be lower.

Something weird has happened y my country. Out of 1600 cases, only 40-50 are in ICUs and of those only 10 are in ventilators.
    Wft? Is my government lying, or is the mapuche gene making us stronger?
    Could be if there is ground to that study on blood type, which observed that :

A-type is the most vulnerable, and it is not present among native South-American.
    O-type is the most resistant, and it is by large the most prevalent among native South-American.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang View Post

A-type is the most vulnerable, and it is not present among native South-American.
    O-type is the most resistant, and it is by large the most prevalent among native South-American.
    IIRC I'm A+.

Or maybe I was AB+....how the hell have I forgotten that. Hmm I wonder if I can find it from my medical info.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

1% is a fucking huge number.
    Yeah... 1% of 7.8 billions is 78 millions, so about a country like Germany.

Even 0.1% would be 7.8 millions, so my country's population...

Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR1 View Post
    its more like 0.05%.... however i bet Trump will say its good for funeral home buissnises! This reminds me... can i buy any funeral home stocks?

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Again, that would be almost 4 million people...

So, we should have some updates in a week, from france?
    Hopefully, the status is kind of messed up - so it may be later as well.

I think they used HQC w/h Zpac in the first study, or i'm wrong?
    I believe that was an earlier study, this time they try lots of drugs - including HQC and remdesivir (or however it is spelled).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang View Post

Sorry to botter, but daily cases have been decreasing in the past 3 day in switzerland how the hell you got that number today?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    That's pretty much granted.

The estimates are that 20-30 times more people are infected than what are the officially verified cases.

You got 100k verified already so 2-3 million infected most likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    International airports aren't the issue. It's airplanes and airports in general. They are petri dishes for the virus. Your domestic flights are the thing that is fucking up the country.
    It's both, really.

International flights to to over a hundred international hubs, then spreading out from there on thousands of domestic flights meant that the virus had probably spread to all 50 states before most people were even on the lookout for it.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Should be 100k before Trump's press conference.
    I think we can all stop referring to them as press conferences and start calling them what they are: propaganda dissemination. Unless Fauci is there to fact-check him on the spot it's almost entirely bullshit aimed at getting his face on TV with an eye towards reelection.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Should I facepalm harder at the dude that ate aquarium cleaner or at you for equating hydroxychloroquine and azithrommycin ingested medically with eating aquarium cleaner?
    It also caused some persons in Nigeria to overdose on actual drugs with hydroxychloroquine (it's a Malaria medicine); and were poisoned - but at least it seems they survived.