10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang View Post
    *snip*
    We are currently at 5300 tests per day - about same population. Laboratories are having hard time keeping up now, that said they are still not working emergency times - as in many of them close at 16:00 every day and such.

Target is 10k tests per day next week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    We are currently at 5300 tests per day - about same population. Laboratories are having hard time keeping up now, that said they are still not working emergency times - as in many of them close at 16:00 every day and such.

Finland is doing like 1,5k-2k tests a day which is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too few.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    You have lots of ICU beds on average, however they are distributed so unevenly some places are truly fucked.
    Erm... not to disagree, but...

Your article:
    A report from the Society of Critical Care Medicine found that more than nine out of 10 intensive care beds nationally are in metropolitan areas with a population of more than 50,000.
    ...and yet, 85% of the US population lives in those urban areas. So 90% of beds for 85% of people is not "distributed so unevenly".

On top of that, the US has almost three times as many ICU beds per capita as Italy, almost four times as many as Spain, and over five times as many as the UK. Even a little unevenness doesn't overcome that difference, and that's assuming that said unevenness doesn't exist to a similar degree in those countries.

Unless you have more data on this?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Probably not many care, but couple of places where this shit can do a lot of damage are refugee camps, Syria chiefly, but let's add Yemen too. Think squalor in India, but worse.
    Then places like Donbass also could get hit hard, I really do not think the macho guys there have a big priority on some virus...

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FitAsAFiddle View Post
    I am contributing, I'm actually working and keeping the economy from collapsing which would kill many more. What are you doing besides telling me how evil and wrong I am?
    I know your banned and just a shitposter that makes a new account every few days... but This needs to be corrected.

People don't die from economic hard times. Even during the worst depression the US ever suffered mortality rates were lower than normal. Suicides were the only thing that did increase and that was more than offset by the decreased from other deaths.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why I said "it will be though eventually". But right now? It's about average among the developed countries.

I just hope that governors in states themselves will have a lick of sense to put various considerable restrictions even in less threatened states, without waiting for the federal government to do something useful.
    When you got Billy Beaux Jim Bob in LA keeping shit open and FL a few steps away doing the same, unless you lock the whole thing down shits gonna spread fast. And it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Erm... not to disagree, but...

Your article:

...and yet, 85% of the US population lives in those urban areas. So 90% of beds for 85% of people is not "distributed so unevenly".

On top of that, the US has almost three times as many ICU beds per capita as Italy, almost four times as many as Spain, and over five times as many as the UK. Even a little unevenness doesn't overcome that difference, and that's assuming that said unevenness doesn't exist to a similar degree in those countries.

Unless you have more data on this?
    It's not only "unevenness" between regions, but like...physical structures. You have private hospitals that have shitloads of ICU's and then you have other hospitals that have barely any. Considering the private health care aspect, not all of those ICU's are available to everyone.

Unless your government nationalizes hospitals and seizes their property or the hospitals go all kumbayah, this is a huge issue.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Trump thinks when people blame him, we're blaming the Army corps of engineer's. okay.

According to the Federal Councilor in charge, we are currently testing 6 to 8k per day. So yeah a significant ramp up. But I can't make much sense of a mention of 11.5k test per million inhabitant.

Expect a massive rise in the number of (cured) cases as with the antibody blood test they'll be clearing healthcare givers and the Civil Protection and Civilists (sort of Conscious Objectors), the latter being recalled to go staff the retirement homes who are steadily losing staff to the pressure.
    Last edited by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang; 2020-03-27 at 10:31 PM.
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy you are in for a surprise.

The US has less ICU capacity than most western countries.
    This is the US we're talking about. They'll put a credit card swiper on the side of the ventilator. Fail to put enough money in the machine, the Meter Maid comes by. Instead of a ticket for parking, you get unplugged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    how would i do that if the person in question is in another county?
    Dude, I don't know US legislation, but there must be a local hotline you can try to ask, or a website.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have private hospitals that have shitloads of ICU's and then you have other hospitals that have barely any.
    Uh, private hospitals account for about 15% of the staffed hospital bed total. That's not a huge percentage.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I heard a similar argument in Italy, Best healthcare in Europe, tons of capacity,...
    Italy does NOT have the best healthcare system in Europe, by no quantifiable measure, dude. Not even top 10. Their overall ranking within the EU is in the lower midfield, rank 20 out of 35. There have been multiple warnings in their national medical community that their ICU capacity is drastically to low and not equipped to handle any major crisis whatsoever.

A few weeks ago the death rate was at 5% and decreasing. Now it's at 17%. Wtf happened?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Uh, private hospitals account for about 15% of the staffed hospital bed total. That's not a huge percentage.
    Well hopefully you have enough!

Did Trump just promise to deliver 100k ventilators in 100 days.

1000 ventilators produced every day.....? That's pushing out a ventilator every 1,5 minutes 24/7.

100k new cases worldwide within a day. Holy shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    A few weeks ago the death rate was at 5% and decreasing. Now it's at 17%. Wtf happened?
    This virus does not kill instantly, it can take up to three weeks to fully kick in. There have been reports that people got sick, got better and got hit even worse by it shortly after.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Is the retard really talking about nationalizing those companies?
    Yes.

This has to be one of the most legendary 180 degree turns ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    CFR is 4.6% at the moment. The close case death rate is the one at 17%, but take that with a huge grain of salt, as many people are not officially listed as "recovered" yet are also not in any danger of dying.
    Last edited by PhaelixWW; 2020-03-27 at 10:41 PM.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Italy does NOT have the best healthcare system in Europe, by no quantifiable measure, dude. Not even top 10. Their overall ranking within the EU is in the lower midfield, rank 20 out of 35. There have been multiple warnings in their national medical community that their ICU capacity is drastically to low and not equipped to handle any major crisis whatsoever.
    Is any country capable of handling that situation? I am aware i was merely making a point that simply believing you are prepared and you have good health care, what the US does not as top care is just centralized on a few hospitals nation wide won't get you anywhere.

I did believe Italy had a good capacity of ICU, maybe not in hindsight for this situation however.