Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    You don't really have the data to support this, though.
    I was talking about the rate of tests done and % of those tests going positive. If the percentage is staying the same/falling and the testing is sufficently high (+3k) we could think that there may be a trend. Now, we need a truly randomized trial to eliminate bias, but i dont think that's feasible
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

So about the "widespead testing" Korean option - how often are people retested? Daily? Weekly? After every day at work? Can't be as infrequent as monthly, right?
    Anyone knows?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Give it time yet, the day isn’t over. We were at a little over 500k confirmed yesterday. Total count is approaching 600k today as of 5 minutes ago when I checked.
    Total was just under 532k yesterday. Should get close to or hit 600k in what's left of today.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

15+ Year Old Account
    Nah, US is pretty close to done with +16.2k already in. Still not sure where you're seeing the extra 20k, though...
    There has been like +500 for the US in the past 15 minutes or so. There are still many many hours to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Is any country capable of handling that situation? I am aware i was merely making a point that simply believing you are prepared and you have good health care, what the US does not as top care is just centralized on a few hospitals nation wide won't get you anywhere.

I did believe Italy had a good capacity of ICU, maybe not in hindsight for this situation however.
    Not to toot 'my countries' horn, but so far, Germany is doing 'extremely well'. We still have enough ICU capacity to take swiss, french and Italian patients, if only select cases (good prognosis, the probable chance of quick recovery). Out mortality rate is, for now, outstandingly low, with 50.800 cases, 340 dead, although that's a substantial increase to yesterday), and our testing capacity is so good that the RKI has authorized testing of people who don't even show symptoms but have only might have been exposed. We have reserve ventilators in storage, at least at 'my' hospital and the ones I corresponded with in the past 48 hours.

You can look up the numbers on various sites. The country with the reportedly highest number of ICU beds per capita is Turkey, with a staggering 47/100.000 The US is number 2, with 35, and Germany is number 3, with 30. Italy has 12.5. Germany has 25.000 ventilators up and running, give or take. Italy has 5000. The US had 68.000, they stocked up massively.

And there is another number to consider too, and that is regular hospital beds per capita. Japan leads the world with 13 hospital beds per 1000 citizens, and South Korea is a close second with 12.5. Next are Russia and Germany, tied with 8. So Germany doesn't only have a solid number of ICU beds ready, we can quickly equip a large number of regular beds to serve as ICU beds, if the hardware is present. Turkey, on the other hand, has an amazing quantity of ICU beds, but very few regular hospital beds, less than 3 per 1000 citizens. More than the US, which is at 2.7/1000.

So one proposed reason why Covid didn't' hit Japan and Korea that hard is that they had the capability of quickly isolating and treating all infected.

Also, keep in mind the bed and equipment needs someone to operate it. Ventilators aren't exactly plug-and-play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morgarw View Post
    You have no idea. Italians have one of the best healthcare in the world and that is a fact, whatever you are pulling out.
    Maybe you can explain to me WHY they are rankig among the top in the world for life expetancy (another fact)
    I'm sure you can prove that with some quantifiable data, can't you?

And, I'm going to say, mild climate, healthy living? Best Life expectancy in the world is Hong Kong, if I'm not mistaken.
    Last edited by Skulltaker; 2020-03-27 at 11:07 PM.

Everybody who is using this pandemic as a political tool is fucking atrocious. The Right AND the Left and ESPECIALLY Reddit. If you are one of those simps who are getting their news on /r/politics and Reddit in general. Fuck you. Fuck all this fear mongering for political gain. After all is said and done, it wont be our healthcare system that is deemed fucked, it's everyone who elects lifetime politicians who use everything for political leverage. God internet "culture" and group think is going to be the end of us

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Compared the youtube live tracker (~600k) number to the bing.com/covid one from yesterday (520k).
    Meh, don't compare one tracker with another. Bing's numbers are low. Comparing them right now, they show less than 60k.

EDIT: Even using your comparison, that's 595k - 529k (not 520k), which is 66k.

Last edited by PhaelixWW; 2020-03-27 at 11:08 PM.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So now Hillary is using the suffering of American Citizens to make fun of trump.

<Insert article of fake outrage>
    I don't that means what you think it does.

15+ Year Old Account
    Meh, don't compare one tracker with another. Bing's numbers are low. Comparing them right now, they show less than 60k.
    Well the live tracker doesn't show yesterdays numbers so I had to dig yesterdays final from somewhere else obviously. Bing is always showing numbers one day late, it's not updating in real time, but it has the daily final numbers right in the end.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    9 dead in total, 635 infected (5 of the dead were old people from nursing home). Numbers went up a bit, so i guess some dumb person did a party of some sort. Or symptoms started to show up in others.

I havent moved out of my house in...since there was a report of corona in my country. Got enogh food since i stockpilled as soon as i heared this thing is in italy.
    Making bread sucks tho....takes sooooooo long.

10+ Year Old Account
    There has been like +500 for the US in the past 15 minutes or so. There are still many many hours to go.
    Yeah, that was Washington, my state. We're one of the last to post our numbers, as well as one of the country's hotspots. We went from 3207 to 3700, so a +493 jump.

No big states still left to post numbers today, except for the fact that New York has sometimes been doing twice-daily number updates, so we might see a bit more from them. They've already posted over +5000, though, so we'll see.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Well the live tracker doesn't show yesterdays numbers so I had to dig yesterdays final from somewhere else obviously. Bing is always showing numbers one day late, it's not updating in real time, but it has the daily final numbers right in the end.
    The one I follow has yesterday’s total at 531,865. It’s not always 100% live vs what is reported, for example sometimes things are reported locally, but aren’t registered on any tracker for many hours, but I think they are pretty good.

Posting again for anyone that cares, I know it’s been posted here many times, but may help someone.
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So now Hillary is using the suffering of American Citizens to make fun of trump.
    it's funny because with this random drive by shit post you're neither:

1) Providing any sort of defense for Trump's complete bungling of the situation

nor

2) Pointing out in any way shape or form how Hillary is incorrect

It's like your whole post could just not have happened and the world wouldn't have been any different.

Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    Everybody who is using this pandemic as a political tool is fucking atrocious. The Right AND the Left and ESPECIALLY Reddit. If you are one of those simps who are getting their news on /r/politics and Reddit in general. Fuck you. Fuck all this fear mongering for political gain. After all is said and done, it wont be our healthcare system that is deemed fucked, it's everyone who elects lifetime politicians who use everything for political leverage. God internet "culture" and group think is going to be the end of us
    The whole "both sides" notion is really... really disingenuous here. Democrats and Republicans are not the same, here. Trump, and by extension the Republican party that universally supports him, are the ones that bungled this situation. From the outset.

Trump has been spreading misinformation from the office of the presidency. Not the democrats. Trump has repeatedly contradicted the words of physicians and healthcare professionals. Not the democrats. Trump was the president and has been in a leadership position and had the possibility to do something about this early on. Not the democrats. It's clear that the fewer people that Listen to Trump, the better. So calling him (and his party) out as the ineffective, dangerously incompetent moron that's exacerbated the situation that he is actually does help against the pandemic.

The buck rests with him. I take NO offense at people, especially the democrats, pointing that out. In fact, I commend it. I hope more people do it. Maybe it'll sink in to some people's thick skulls that all of this could have been massively curtailed if a certain moron was not in charge, and will take that into account when being given the option whether to allow him to remain in charge or not.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-03-27 at 11:24 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd definitely recommend https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Their information seems to be more up-to-date than most other trackers, and they provide access to more detailed information as well as sources for their data, as well.

For example, regarding the discrepancy in Italy's numbers we discussed earlier:

EDIT: Link to their larger explanation.

Last edited by PhaelixWW; 2020-03-27 at 11:27 PM.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

5+ Year Old Account

Their information seems to be more up-to-date than most other trackers, and they provide access to more detailed information as well as sources for their data, as well.

Holy Roman Catholic Church! They have lost that many doctors? That is so much knowledge and expertises gone. That is very saddening. All the other deaths are saddening as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Snip
    I read in some news outlet that one partial explanation to the very low number of deaths in Germany is that it was primarily introduced among youthful crowds : with mentions of some alpine ski resorts and those Berlin clubs partying playing a key role in the propagation.

Have you heard of something similar?
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

EDIT: Link to their larger explanation.

Fuck. The only somewhat less bad new was that there're less infected from day to day.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Holy Roman Catholic Church! They have lost that many doctors? That is so much knowledge and expertises gone. That is very saddening. All the other deaths are saddening as well.
    CNN reported earlier that the total is now 51 doctors lost in Italy to COVID-19.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account

Death Stranding much China?

Also it seems like its gona be hard to get news out of China due to travel ban for any outsider.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Fuck. The only somewhat less bad new was that there're less infected from day to day.
    No, sorry. They simply did more tests two days ago than yesterday.

6203 positives in 36.6k tests is 16.9%.
    5909 positives in 33.0k tests is 17.9%.

So the percent positive went up. Not that one day's worth of data is super meaningful, but...

--Alexandre Dumas-fils