Poll: Which is better?

Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

How do u want TBC handled?

So with the recent survey, i feel like there are 2 options that were mentioned that seem to be the most likely, but whihc of them ends up happening is probably up to us the playerbase, so im gonna poll and let us discuss here. I know there a survey thread but here were discussing specifics about TBC which i think would be valuable, so go ahead and vote.

- - - Updated - - -

i feel like server populations are gonna be impacted heavily based on either choice :// tough decision

UPDATE: i mean transfer and not copy. blizzard never mentioned copy, which is wierd cuz it seems to be the most logical solution but there has to be a reason they havnt said it, so for the poll its supposed to say TRANSFER not COPY.
    Last edited by letssee; 2020-03-28 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    So with the recent survey, i feel like there are 2 options that were mentioned that seem to be the most likely, but whihc of them ends up happening is probably up to us the playerbase, so im gonna poll and let us discuss here. I know there a survey thread but here were discussing specifics about TBC which i think would be valuable, so go ahead and vote.

- - - Updated - - -

i feel like server populations are gonna be impacted heavily based on either choice :// tough decision
    Isn't the difference between the two only a technicality?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Isn't the difference between the two only a technicality?
    maybe im wrong, but the way i understood is like this;

your current classic server changes to tbc, but then another classic server that stays at classic is opened so u can copy over there

OR

your current classic server stays classic, and then a seperate tbc server is opened for all to copy over to

maybe im wrong, but the way i understood is like this;

your current classic server changes to tbc, but then another classic server that stays at classic is opened so u can copy over there

OR

your current classic server stays classic, and then a seperate tbc server is opened for all to copy over to
    But wouldn't the outcome pretty much be the same practically?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    But wouldn't the outcome pretty much be the same practically?
    no cuz option 1 means that if u want to play classic again u will have to copy over to a new classic server and that may fk up communnities and populations

if its option 2, then u current server stays as it is, but everyone will pick new servers again and it will be chaos all over again

- - - Updated - - -

i feel like this whole thing could be solved if they allowed copying not transferring...

I want both options, like copy to TBC (ONCE) but you keep your 60 character on classic :P.

Voted other.

And dont tell me it isnt possible. Same with gold, you can remove all gold and give every player 100g

Leave the classic servers as they are, since they already have classic-related names too. Instead make copies of these servers and give them new TBC-related names and free up unused character names.

This way no transfers/copying is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Leave the classic servers as they are, since they already have classic-related names too. Instead make copies of these servers and give them new TBC-related names and free up unused character names.

This way no transfers/copying is needed.
    i dont think the names would be such a big problem

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    It should just be an all new server completely separate from classic. That's the only way to do it without pissing the majority of players off
    Any solution will piss players off.

Your solution recreates the same problem Classic had at start with faction imbalances. Except it might even be worse because people will know that going in so realms will be decided before they even launch. Why create new TBC servers when pre-existing communities ready for new content already exist on the current Classic realms?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Any solution will piss players off.

Your solution recreates the same problem Classic had at start with faction imbalances. Except it might even be worse because people will know that going in so realms will be decided before they even launch. Why create new TBC servers when pre-existing communities ready for new content already exist on the current Classic realms?
    yea exactly my point, if they go otherwise server pop is gonna be chaos all over again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    I want both options, like copy to TBC (ONCE) but you keep your 60 character on classic :P.

Voted other.

And dont tell me it isnt possible. Same with gold, you can remove all gold and give every player 100g
    thats ideal, but there has to be a reason blizard didnt include that option cuz it seems to be the most logical one. To copy and not transfer..

Option one is best.

Let's classic only players gather all together and have a playable community while keeping current server dynamics intact for TBC.

No TBC servers. Where would this end?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    No TBC servers. Where would this end?
    Isn't it obvious?

It ends at the end of Wotlk. The game died then.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Isn't it obvious?

Tis but with a legitimate reason.

Everything post-Cata is still fully available as it was originally meant to be played in the game right now.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

3+ Year Old Account
    Classic ends in WotLK. /thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Because people wanted classic, adding BC makes it not classic anymore
    That's not exactly a compelling argument. People want a lot of things... some want Classic, some want TBC. Some want both. Some don't care. Some care a lot.

I think more than anything the biggest thing people don't want is to see their game waste away into oblivion which is exactly what would happen if Blizzard never adds anything to Classic post-Naxx. There will be a few active servers, I'm sure... but the overall playerbase will be greatly diminished from what we have now.

Im not touching TBC...ufff....no way

I wont even login for a second. Thats wayyy to much "going back in time"
    Maybe if wrath releases Ill consider it but man...no way im playing tbc.

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Isn't it obvious?

But not for the reasons people would like to think.

If TBC is gonna happen, I'm done with all kinds of "classic".

I was kinda hoping they would go to a different direction with this like they did with old school Runescape (and it's a huge success), instead of slowly devolving it back into retail. So basically Classic+. In any case, TBC brought flying and arenas .. I absolutely despise them and as a PvP focused player, you kinda had to do them to get gear.

no cuz option 1 means that if u want to play classic again u will have to copy over to a new classic server and that may fk up communnities and populations

if its option 2, then u current server stays as it is, but everyone will pick new servers again and it will be chaos all over again

- - - Updated - - -

i feel like this whole thing could be solved if they allowed copying not transferring...
    As I see it the communities would be destroyed no matter what because the player base is going to be divided no matter what. So the technical decision of how they do it is not that important.