Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I wonder if they are doing Blizzcon this year? Probably too early to tell
    I'm sure they'll have a Blizzcon, but whether it'll be physical or not remains to be seen... I mean, Blizzcon takes a year to organize, so if they can't physically work at it now, perhaps the safer bet is to just do it digitally on a smaller scale?

It'd be an off Blizzcon year anyway. They blew their load last year to make up for 2018.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyreo View Post
    It'd be an off Blizzcon year anyway. They blew their load last year to make up for 2018.
    Probably TBC classic, patch 9.1 preview, hearthstone expansion, more news on Overwatch2 and Diablo 4. Maybe another mobile announcement, but I doubt they announce a mobile game ever again at Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Not sure if this was mentioned here or not
    Idk why they ask to keep it confidential considering I'm sure they know it will 100% leak. It's impossible to keep stuff like this a secret nowadays.

Probably TBC classic, patch 9.1 preview, hearthstone expansion, more news on Overwatch2 and Diablo 4. Maybe another mobile announcement, but I doubt they announce a mobile game ever again at Blizzcon.
    Can’t do a 9.1 preview if the game doesn’t get out before

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Can’t do a 9.1 preview if the game doesn’t get out before
    Yes they can. They showed off 7.1 at Gamescom before Legion even released.

Yes they can. They showed off 7.1 at Gamescom before Legion even released.
    I totally forgot about that lol

In that case 9.1 will probably be the subplot of the expansion getting a forefront.

The real question now is....loa with bwonsamdi or Drust with Gorak-Tul??

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    The real question now is....loa with bwonsamdi or Drust with Gorak-Tul??
    I mean....

It's definitely a possibility y'know?

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    I mean....

It's definitely a possibility y'know?
    Both are ardenweald.... I don’t think shadowlands is going to be as predictable as BfA

I wonder if they are doing Blizzcon this year? Probably too early to tell
    Pretty sure they won't. It's an event with tens of thousands visitors and all of them got cancelled this year (or will, later on).

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, the survey has been closed as they received enough answers already.

This survey has reached its quota and responses are no longer being solicited.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    He didn't misspeak he is referring to the Blizzcon Build.
    was he at blizzcon??

I imagine that Blizzcon could still be happening, though it is highly dependant on an announcement that the Virus has either gotten a foolproof vaccine, or that it goes through the population real quick.
    If we are still in lockdown, or close to it by the end of May then i would imagine Blizzcon being cancelled.

Though then again, who knows. Blizzcon is a pretty big event, they might be banking on people going back to normal by September.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Pretty sure they won't. It's an event with tens of thousands visitors and all of them got cancelled this year (or will, later on).

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, the survey has been closed as they received enough answers already.

This survey has reached its quota and responses are no longer being solicited.
    Some epidemologists seem to think that we'll get the second wave in fall, as well. That would definitely speak against it if true.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Some epidemologists seem to think that we'll get the second wave in fall, as well. That would definitely speak against it if true.
    Yeah, even if there won't be second wave, people will fear anyway. Mass events are pretty much dead before vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I think this art piece might be misplaced tho.
    It's color scheme doesn't fit that of Maldraxxus.

Looks more like a Maw creature.
    anyone else interested by the little "anima --> not anima" graph??

are the zones going to change slowly while we have the covenant and are gaining anima?

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post

are the zones going to change slowly while we have the covenant and are gaining anima?
    I think the idea is more that the one one the left is ambient effects from proximity ot Anima, whereas the one on the right is the actual Anima in the zones.
    I guess the fitting comparision here would be the difference in BfA between Azerite the ore and Azerite the energy. One os the one you will see most often, they are mostly interchangeable, but one is more "pure" than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post

Actually I find curious that they show that graph in Blizzcon, a graph of a substance (anima), that we are supposed to use as a coin right? And they even bothered to do different anima models depending on the zone... You might be right, anima could be something far more important in the gameplay than what we thought.

Hopefully in a few days we will have some news, because, seriously, we do not know anything about Shadowlands. I do not understand why I am so hyped for this expansion without knowing a thing about it.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Actually I find curious that they show that graph in Blizzcon, a graph of a substance (anima), that we are supposed to use as a coin right? And they even bothered to do different anima models depending on the zone... You might be right, anima could be something far more important in the gameplay than what we thought.

Hopefully in a few days we will have some news, because, seriously, we do not know anything about Shadowlands. I do not understand why I am so hyped for this expansion without knowing a thing about it.
    My guess is that it will show up in the same way you see Azerite floating around the zones in BfA. You might just collect it as a currency instead of as experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    My guess is that it will show up in the same way you see Azerite floating around the zones in BfA. You might just collect it as a currency instead of as experience.
    I do not think that we will have to collect such an important resource actively, as if we were mining nodes, but passively, as we received Artifact Power in Legion and Azerite in BfA.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Yes. It is what all the covenants use to fuel their various activities, and what keeps the zones themselves going. It will be around the zones (you can see some here, or the residual "not anima" effects; and of course it's very plainly there in the early bastion concept, as well as visible in the true anima form in the Oribos architecture sample)

Think of it like raw arcane energy in the leylines you see in Dragonblight/Borean Tundra. It's a natural energy source created by the dead passing into the Shadowlands, that both keeps everything run and is actively used by the people living there to do things.

The Covenants start in a non-great place and part of your activities basically involves collecting Anima for them, because every zone is in an Anima drought since the Maw is taking all the souls. It's not a "coin" so much as a favor, that then goes into Soulbinds to advance them, and also various covenant rewards.