Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Anyone else nervous how classes are gonna feel at Shadowlands launch?

I know that blizz is at least going to do some work on classes for shadowlands... And I know there is this new talent tree tied to the covenants.. but is anyone actually worried that our classes once again are gonna feel terrible? Class design has not been one of BFA's strong suits... but now with all these systems on top of each other (double ring azerite traits, essence system, corruptions), many specs actually play as fast if not faster than what they did in Legion, even if a bit uninspired. But again, all these things that kept BFA gameplay afloat are going to be ripped away, just like the Legion artifacts.

So do you share this same concern? Or do you believe blizz has already addressed this internally, and will make sure that gameplay won't feel as sluggish during BFA launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    I know that blizz is at least going to do some work on classes for shadowlands... And I know there is this new talent tree tied to the covenants.. but is anyone actually worried that our classes once again are gonna feel terrible? Class design has not been one of BFA's strong suits... but now with all these systems on top of each other (double ring azerite traits, essence system, corruptions), many specs actually play as fast if not faster than what they did in Legion, even if a bit uninspired. But again, all these things that kept BFA gameplay afloat are going to be ripped away, just like the Legion artifacts.

So do you share this same concern? Or do you believe blizz has already addressed this internally, and will make sure that gameplay won't feel as sluggish during BFA launch.
    Yup. We're gonna feel pretty mediocre again for a little while, I'm sure.

That is on top of some of the nerfs/gutting of classes that feels borderline inevitable at this point.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, not really.

Power reset is a pretty standard part of a new Xpac. I'm used to it.
    Here is something to believe in!

I'd like the think the unpruning they're gonna do will make up for it but I've learned not to really let myself have anymore expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    No, not really.

Power reset is a pretty standard part of a new Xpac. I'm used to it.
    It's not just the power, some of these things did impact gameplay in a significant way. Losing Lucid Dream minor for example is going to be hard to get used to as a rogue, or losing the azerite trait Nothing Personal (Hopefully blizz bakes this in the spec). Hell even losing stuff like Overwhelming power might feel bad since it almost served like a mini bloodlust and would speed up how you play.

So do you share this same concern?
    Nope I already know the classes are going to feel shitty and sluggish, happens every xpac.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

You know, i'm gonna wait for the beta and give them a chance to fix their mess. I'll reserve judgement for then.

But, i'm not optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Nope I already know the classes are going to feel shitty and sluggish, happens every xpac.
    But some expacs at least gave us something to look forward too, such as new abilities or those perks from WoD. Hell even Legion had the artifact weapon itself that you built up. Though I suppose the Covenants is going to be the thing we build up?

I can't wait, one of my favourite things about new expansions is seeing the changes to the specs that I play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Not really, I've mained a blood dk since wotlk and Blizzard have yet to make any changes to blood that has made me feel like I didn't like playing my Death Knight.

Ya they are going to be MUCH worse than the Legion to BFA jump, if only because of Corruption's loss.
    Get prepared for the crying on the forums!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not bothered by how fast the GCD is personally.
    Here is something to believe in!

yes, but then again it's always the case so I'm not too bothered.

I have zero faith in Holinka to do the right thing. Even with that though the over all game and what they do with the next grindy parts is a much larger concern for me. Classes they can fix or alter mid expansion, bad features they can't ie azerite pieces and the neck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Ya they are going to be MUCH worse than the Legion to BFA jump, if only because of Corruption's loss.
    Get prepared for the crying on the forums!
    I expect something on par with how bad people had it with the start of Cata dungeons. They were so used to this aoe zerg run in dungeons and just having to slow down a little bit sent people off the rails. To be fair for many it was probably the first time they experienced how much weaker your characters can get with a new expansions start.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not just the power, some of these things did impact gameplay in a significant way. Losing Lucid Dream minor for example is going to be hard to get used to as a rogue, or losing the azerite trait Nothing Personal (Hopefully blizz bakes this in the spec). Hell even losing stuff like Overwhelming power might feel bad since it almost served like a mini bloodlust and would speed up how you play.
    We all got a taste of this with the on use from our weapons being taken away. For many the loss of that 1 maybe 2 buttons gutted the spec in their minds.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

It can't get worse than BfA for me. They'd have to fuck up massively to be worse than this.

If it does, then I'll just play something else I guess. I'm not super invested in anything about Shadowlands so I'm happy to save my money.

As a windwalker honestly I can't wait for the BFA systems to die out. After having the systems broken for the spec on two different occasions this expansion leaving a bad taste in the mouth, and also having none of them being mind blowing.

Even our best single trait azerite (Fury of Xuen) introduces a bug into the spec that shouldn't even be there and is really annoying to play with.

So whatever they do in Shadowlands cannot possibly be any worse than what they've done in BFA for us.

Meanwhile some other specs are going to feel really bad after their removal.
    Last edited by Shakugan123; 2020-03-28 at 05:22 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It doesn’t worry me overmuch, I always looked at getting used to class changes as part of the leveling experience. I’m leveling a Fury warrior right now and I like the way the class flows, and is like to see that kind of design in all classes.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

I am kinda. I hope my main (enh) goes back to a less rage-ish system to something closer to what we had from BC to WoD. The current paladin system is more similar to what made me love enh then the current enh except it's not as fun and has no chaos in it. IMO it would fit thematically to have paladins and shams share a similar system but with a different twist. Shams is more chaotic, as the elements are while paladin is more orderly, more predictable.

Anyways, for the main topic. Yes. I quit BFA 3 months into it partly because of class design (mind you, it's the first time I miss out an expansion like this. I stuck around for WoD). So now what will happen to classes have me pretty nervous. If they ain't fun, the game won't be fun. It's one of the most important thing to have. I'm not sure how corona virus is going to affect blizzard and shadowlands but I do hope we get alpha / beta news soon and at least a preview of how things will be. We were already kinda due on that side IMO. I understand that the whole situation kinda put a stop to a whole lot of things but still, I do hope they throw a bone, even if a smaller then anticipated one.

I also hope they don't do add mechanics back / make new talents in the same form that they have been in the past few years. AKA generic things with very little originality. Like the current essences which have a few class specific ones which are all the same in the end. Same for the new covenant abilities. They need to do something special for the specs/classes and not be "Do you want to do more burst, ST, AoE or middleground dmg?".

With how BFA went, I really doubt they can spare to make shadowlands bad :-/.

Not really, kinda looking forward to not be overpowered again and work for said power. I enjoy doing so and at beginning it any expac is naturally more difficult for the same reasons which I also enjoy.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ye like others have said already.. it happens every expansion and weirdly enough.. that "power difference" cant come soon enough.

I hate patch 8.3 tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Not really, kinda looking forward to not be overpowered again and work for said power. I enjoy doing so and at beginning it any expac is naturally more difficult for the same reasons which I also enjoy.
    That is always the most fun to start with new stuff and feel little bit more powerfull everytime you log off again.

Finals months of an expansion aka last patches always bore me to death, because mostly you are full with artifact powers or rank 14 cloaks.. if you fall behind it sucks and it feels like a drag to catch up for a week or 2.