Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    I rather have the XP boost
    Same. One free month wouldn't have really done anything for me and I'd probably be bitching here how greedy Blizz wants to lure people in with free time and doesn't care about those already subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    Record number of Americans file for unemployment

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52050426
    So Blizzard should give away things to combat unemplyment, brilliant. Maybe next to help drunks out we can give them gift certificates to bars.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Ermahgerd let's make the game free! That's bound to boost sales right? More people will buy it that way, right??? X)
    Depends on the model implemented.

They could always make it a one-time fee to buy the game and you just play it from there. Purchasing things from the cash shop since you do have spare dosh if you want to spend on it.

There is also just F2P but the cash shop is more monetized than previously.

Another option is a fusing of the two I just spoke of. Games that do this tend to have a fairly short lifespan.

There is also the option of instead of one big expansion, its several smaller slices. Call it any number of things such as chapters, issues, volumes, episodes, etc. So lets say a new episode comes out, its about $5-10. Its 8.0. The next episode comes out and its 8.1. etc

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfals View Post
    Phone bill 15,net bill is 15, electric company 150, water... gas... food.. no job cuz of the corona, and there are many other bills as well. The last thing i want to do is even spend a 1$ for a game while i already own 1500 other games (half of them were on sale or free on steam/epic) They can at least be polite and do what everyone else is doing. A free week or free month.

Add on top of that the "amazing" paychecks here, and how that 15$ is like 15% of the salary of a doctor and you will begin to understand a few things about life and gaming in different countries.

Sure, if i made 5000 $ in America or Germany/England, i wouldn't mind spending even 50$ on WoW. Heck, my friend in the US buys Starbucks coffee that costs like 5-10$ a cup LOL. I spend 0.30$ for a coffee here. Think about it. Not to mention how he often gets more than 1.. so thats like 20-30$ for coffee alone wtf. Life in America is so alien to me, i swear.
    Speaking as someone who frequents Starbucks, their coffees aren't $10. Even if you get the biggest mixed coffee drink (a venti) and order the most expensive one, you're only paying $5.75. If you add in extra shots of espresso or syrups or shit like that, yeah it can get closer to $10 but your average coffee drinker at Starbucks is spending $4-5 for their mixed coffee drinks. Also I'd love to have your phone bill and net bill that are only $15 each. That's about 1/5th what your average American pays for basic cell phone coverage & basic internet. Also if a doctor is struggling to make ends meat on a doctor's salary, he's living well beyond his means and it has nothing to do with the COVID-19 bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then go play that shit!

Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    whats it like being a karen
    Damn bro, didn't have to rip him a new one. But yeah dude looks like a Karen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't believe Netflix hasn't offered me free months yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    Gives example of one game.

LotRO is giving access to all content free, which is pretty cool. But meh I'm not interested in either game right now, even if wow was free I'd not play.

They"re not crazy, people can realise the game is shit in only one month.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraethion View Post
    Depends on the model implemented.

They could always make it a one-time fee to buy the game and you just play it from there. Purchasing things from the cash shop since you do have spare dosh if you want to spend on it.

There is also just F2P but the cash shop is more monetized than previously.

Another option is a fusing of the two I just spoke of. Games that do this tend to have a fairly short lifespan.

There is also the option of instead of one big expansion, its several smaller slices. Call it any number of things such as chapters, issues, volumes, episodes, etc. So lets say a new episode comes out, its about $5-10. Its 8.0. The next episode comes out and its 8.1. etc
    Yeah, but what the OP suggested was neither of these options now, was it? He didn't put as much thought into it as you did.

Why no let them make some money with people returning to the game having nothing better to do sitting at home to invest it into Shadowlands, from which everybody will benefit when its gonna be great expansion. Poor poor people cannot even afford the subfee...

The last thing i want to do is even spend a 1$ for a game while i already own 1500 other games
    well then simply DONT
    you are NOT entitled to free game just bcs you dont want to pay for it...

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I think he is, that's the sad part.

I guess he's just hoping one day he opens MMO-C and is greeted by a post from J Allen Brack that reads, "Well, World of Tanks did it so we gotta do better. Two months of free game time for everybody, unlimited Corrupted gear from a vendor that uses VP as a currency and an "I win" button for PvP that instantly kills anybody who you don't like."
    Hell Brack could say all that (except I win button) and people would still come out bitching.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Why was this infracted, OP is acting like a mega Karen, feeling entitled to free stuff, already got double exp, but seems OP wants MORE.
    Personally threads like this which are clearly bait should be instantly locked with the op infracted. Letting them go is why this place is considered a shit feat by many.

Phone bill 15,net bill is 15, electric company 150, water... gas... food..

Add on top of that the "amazing" paychecks here, and how that 15$ is like 15% of the salary of a doctor
    so 15 bucks is 15% of doctor paycheck so the whole paycheck is 100bucks but you pay 150 for only electricity? somehow i doubt that...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Why was this infracted, OP is acting like a mega Karen, feeling entitled to free stuff, already got double exp, but seems OP wants MORE.
    what do you expect, i used the same insult a dozen times and was infracted for it twice, mods are just handomly hiting they keyboard and waiting who will get infracted

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Holy shit people really find a way to turn this against blizzard.
    its human nature(for some)....oh you gave me free food cuz im homeless?now lemme borrow your house and wife for the night also ))

15+ Year Old Account
    1 free month is great marketing opportunity instead of greedy 100% xp boost IF YOU HAVE ACTIVE account.
    You want stuff for free, but someone else is greedy. OK MAN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Microtransaction heavy mobile game is definitely a good comparison. Why isn't Netflix, Prime and Hulu giving us free months too! Walmart should give us a month of free bread!
    Yeah! I told my nearest gas station they should give me a free month of gas - they refused, I am outraged! Outraged I tell you!

/s

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    BFA is terrible so you should let me play it for a month. Makes complete sense.
    Its that tried and true MMO-Champion Poster Logic
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yamix View Post
    They probably want to be able to pay their employees or something.
    By employees you mean shareholders?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Other games got some good promotions to hold player in game during this tough times.
    World of Tanks got very attractive 2 free weeks of premium account.
    BFA is terrible expansion and making players get back is quite important.
    I suggest give all inactive and active accounts one month of free play.
    You are being given double XP month. It is free. You know, they don't have to give us anything?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

congrats???

that game is literal p2w trash

"blizzard is only giving a free 100% exp boost i want free time" well its only 140k