Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    Sylvanas isn't a villain. She's not, she REALLY isn't, despite Blizzard making you think she is. She isn't.
    Haven't played WoW very long, I take it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    oh here we go again...
    Yep. And its 100% because she's 'hot'. Do you see topics like this about Lady Ashvane?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    As of now she is a villian but we all know that "Azeroth is free!" is coming and it's gonna suck.
    Hopefully right after Tyrande puts an arrow in her eye.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Yep. And its 100% because she's 'hot'. Do you see topics like this about Lady Ashvane?
    hm

vs

nah, Ashvane is hotter

Yes, they did all they could to remove her. They have agenda of removing any morally questionable member of the Horde, so there is steady stream of new raid bosses and Alliance can feel endless satisfaction.

- - - Updated - - -

hm

vs

nah, Ashvane is hotter
    Yes. Sylvanas is quite too thin. Ashvane has some hidden matronal beauty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    As of now she is a villian but we all know that "Azeroth is free!" is coming and it's gonna suck.
    Daily reminder that World War II ended with Stalin and "Europe is free!".
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Yes, they did all they could to remove her. They have agenda of removing any morally questionable member of the Horde, so there is steady stream of new raid bosses and Alliance can feel endless satisfaction.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. Sylvanas is quite too thin. Ashvane has some hidden matronal beauty.

- - - Updated - - -

Daily reminder that World War II ended with Stalin and "Europe is free!".
    yea if you don't count Eastern Germany and every Country Anexed by the Soviet Union.

Sylvanas is - and has been since she was a banshee - evil incarnated.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Yeah I have no idea what kind of drugs the writing-team at Blizzard has taken but there is some serious flaws and plotholes with the entire Sylvanas-arc in BFA.

The only people who would think Sylvanas = bad regardless are alliance-fanboys.
    Yes cause we all know only alliance fan boys think torturing and experimenting on captured soldiers and civilians. Men, woman, and children is evil. Pfft. Alliance fanboys
    Me? I go out to my local supermarket and buy atleast 5 torture in a can. Dying mother and her childhood dog flavour!
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Yeah, because everything is either black or white.
    No, both sides has been guilty of war-crimes.
    Alright, what war crimes are the Alliance guilty of, specifically?
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Sylvanas isn't a villain. She's not, she REALLY isn't, despite Blizzard making you think she is. She isn't.

Let's talk about some facts here, right? Ever since... Let's say Battle for Azeroth, they've been trying hard to get you to believe Sylvanas doesn't have a good bone in her frail, withered body. Yet even if she doesn't, it's not her fault. At all. In the slightest.
    She does what she does because she refuses to die. She can't, she doesn't WANT to die. Because she knows if she does, she'll be tortured for all eternity. If you knew what awaited you after death was pain and misery, would you do any different?

Cataclysm to Legion Sylvanas displayed this. It showed Sylvanas as a leader desperate to protect her people, and especially herself. She. Cannot. Die. And who's fault is it, that she is forced to live eternally? Arthas Menethil, the guy who brought her back from the dead and forced her to assist him in the assault on Quel'thalas. By all accounts, Sylvanas is a victim, and while you can argue her methods up until BFA have been dubious, morally-unsound, and likely dangerous to other races, they all followed the similar mantra of survival.

Then BFA came around and Sylvanas decided to systematically force every goddamn race on Azeroth to want her dead! First she burns Teldrassil to the ground for absolutely no reason, desecrated her people's only home, raised the corpse of Jaina's brother and force them to ASSASSINATE her, and then killed a very, VERY reputable and beloved icon of the Horde because he had the audacity to question her leadership. And now she's literally working with some random fuckass nobody's ever heard of to justify a huge power spike so she could waltz up to Icecrown, break into the afterlife and rule as Queen of the Assholes.

This is actual textbook character assassination. They are treating Sylvanas with no depth, no nuance, no grace or tact and just saying "Well she's evil now so go and fight her in a raid now lolbai"

Is anyone else really pissed about this??
    pretty sure burning who knows how many babies and kids alive qualifies you for villany,but maybe im just crazy

- - - Updated - - -

pretty sure burning kids alive and torture is a clear cut black,and i rly cant think of similar things aliance did,im sure they exist realisticaly,but i dont remember them being presented in game or lore

nah, Ashvane is hotter
    Seriously, if Ashvane lost some weight she would've been really nice thick milf.

If you kill with a cold-blood a murderer you're a murderer also. Your logic is wrong.

Sylvanas is obviously evil and only blind fanboys would deny that.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1) is evil, and she even literally compares herself to the lich king. The forsaken was supposed to be a home for those raised by the lich king.
    If you have a home for the homeless you are good
    but if you burn peoples homes, then let them stay at your homeless shelter, you are evil.
    the forsaken was a home for the homeless, but instead she started making more forsaken
    2) was ordered not to use it cause it was evil, and you seem to forget of a thing called the wrathgate.
    3) was ordered not to use it cause it was evil, and you seem to forget of a thing called the wrathgate.

No, varian would not have tortured him though
    she was still the leader, and she ditches the horde, to go try to enslave an ally, and become immortal.
    Was ordered to not use it "because it's evil" by the guy who used dark shaman to corrupt elementals and wiped out a city with a giant mana bomb.
    That whole topic is useless. Writers are retarded, don't try to cope with it.
    Characters are what they want to be at a T instant. Their whole personnality / history is completely secondary.

Ho and that "ally" you talk about, it's basically a lich king.
    Sylvanas is just a nicer version of Orgrim Doomhammer. One has a capital with its name on it, the other one is pure evil.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2020-03-28 at 10:11 AM.

Sylvanas is a villain and she's been a villain since Classic. Hint: there's a reason why she went to hell in WotLK.

Also, there's nothing tragic in her character. She wants to avoid hell, but that's not tragic at all, because she deserves that hell for all her the evil things she did. You don't get to commit many crimes against the living and then cry when you're sentenced to hell.

Also, to people who say Burning of Teldrassil was out of character:

Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Nope its an opinion, a dumb one in your eyes but not wrong in any means.
    It's not just an opinion. It's a fact. How do you define evil?

It's the opposite or absence of good.

If burning innocent men, women and children isn't evil then something is fucked up.

Yeah I have no idea what kind of drugs the writing-team at Blizzard has taken but there is some serious flaws and plotholes with the entire Sylvanas-arc in BFA.

The only people who would think Sylvanas = bad regardless are alliance-fanboys.
    One of my favourites is how everyone wants Baine to save Jaina from Derek, even though Jaina destroyed Golden Fleet just minute ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bowlink View Post
    yea if you don't count Eastern Germany and every Country Anexed by the Soviet Union.
    I just point out that this story arc isn't something that came out of Blizzard's stoned heads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    Sylvanas is - and has been since she was a banshee - evil incarnated.
    I could say the same about disgusting dwarves, werewolves and tentacle monsters in Alliance. Both factions have demonic filth in their ranks.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    It's not just an opinion. It's a fact. How do you define evil?

It's the opposite or absence of good.

If burning innocent men, women and children isn't evil then something is fucked up.
    You don't even need to go as far as BfA to prove she's evil. Already in Classic she was conducting revolting experiments on the living.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Alright, what war crimes are the Alliance guilty of, specifically?
    Killing Warsong peons without warning, destruction of Stonard, massacre of Stonespire Tribe, burning Camp Taurajo, attack on civilian goblin ships during Cataclysm, Dalaran massacre, killing goblins in Silithus and destroying Horde's source of immortality. And I skip all things done by previous leaders of Alliance races.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You don't even need to go as far as BfA to prove she's evil. Already in Classic she was conducting revolting experiments on the living.
    They raided Forsaken territory.

Let's talk about some facts here, right? Ever since... Let's say Battle for Azeroth, they've been trying hard to get you to believe Sylvanas doesn't have a good bone in her frail, withered body. Yet even if she doesn't, it's not her fault. At all. In the slightest.
    She does what she does because she refuses to die. She can't, she doesn't WANT to die. Because she knows if she does, she'll be tortured for all eternity. If you knew what awaited you after death was pain and misery, would you do any different?

Cataclysm to Legion Sylvanas displayed this. It showed Sylvanas as a leader desperate to protect her people, and especially herself. She. Cannot. Die. And who's fault is it, that she is forced to live eternally? Arthas Menethil, the guy who brought her back from the dead and forced her to assist him in the assault on Quel'thalas. By all accounts, Sylvanas is a victim, and while you can argue her methods up until BFA have been dubious, morally-unsound, and likely dangerous to other races, they all followed the similar mantra of survival.

Then BFA came around and Sylvanas decided to systematically force every goddamn race on Azeroth to want her dead! First she burns Teldrassil to the ground for absolutely no reason, desecrated her people's only home, raised the corpse of Jaina's brother and force them to ASSASSINATE her, and then killed a very, VERY reputable and beloved icon of the Horde because he had the audacity to question her leadership. And now she's literally working with some random fuckass nobody's ever heard of to justify a huge power spike so she could waltz up to Icecrown, break into the afterlife and rule as Queen of the Assholes.

This is actual textbook character assassination. They are treating Sylvanas with no depth, no nuance, no grace or tact and just saying "Well she's evil now so go and fight her in a raid now lolbai"

Is anyone else really pissed about this??
    I'm not pissed about it because Sylvanas is evil. She burned down a city of innocent people. She used the pleague on her own people. All the actions she has made in BFA are pure evil.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    pretty sure burning kids alive and torture is a clear cut black,and i rly cant think of similar things aliance did,im sure they exist realisticaly,but i dont remember them being presented in game or lore
    Bael'dun is built on tauren village that contained children. Alliance also burn vulpera carriages, which likely contain children, as they are rarely depicted walking alongside adults.

As for torture, it is not only Horde that uses prisoners for target practice.

Killing Warsong peons without warning, destruction of Stonard, massacre of Stonespire Tribe, burning Camp Taurajo, attack on civilian goblin ships during Cataclysm, Dalaran massacre, killing goblins in Silithus and destroying Horde's source of immortality. And I skip all things done by previous leaders of Alliance races.
    That seems to be quite the comprehensive list!

Now, would you be capable of doing the same for the Horde?
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    That seems to be quite the comprehensive list!

Now, would you be capable of doing the same for the Horde?
    Queu Trucks full of all the shit the horde pulled Post WC3 backing up. why Post WC3 if was Pre WC3 or god forbid WC2 yes you would have more dark shit alliance did. but we get to call everything the Orcish horde did and that included all the Shit OG Gul'dan pulled.

but all this is Irrelivent. because we can to do the shit piling contest For the record you would lose. the alliance hands are bloody. the hordes are drenched in Blood.

the fact is Sylvanas has consistantly been evil since she became a banshee no if buts no coconuts. The alliance is atleast trying to do better. that Genn got of with a light scolding for stomheim is wrong ill grant you, how ever we never get this type of internal conflict because the spotlight is always on the fucking horde. if the alliance wins a decisive batttle we are told never shown. Da'zar a lor included. this also has the side effect that every alliance worth their salt always waits for the other shoe to drop when the devs decide to throw us a bone.

The horde Never tried to do better up untill recently when they revoked the Warchief title. you can notice that in the way NPC's speak. and i mean the soldiers and plebs in the ranks. Alliance NPC's almost always talk in a defensive or reactive manner. IE we are eather Defending or reacting to something.

Horde NPC's allways talk Alliance dog this Alliance pigs that. im gonna go over there to that land that doesn't belong to me and take it splitting as mutch skulls to do so. The Horde is the Instigator every F'fing time.

Sylvanas is inredeemable. get that through your skulls

The Horde we'll see but not holding my breath. maby alliance will finally get some screen time with the annomisity from the Nelves and Gilneans but again not holding my breath
    Last edited by bowlink; 2020-03-28 at 11:46 AM.

Didn't read the whole thread (because who does that?) but it just seems like you're just making excuses for Sylvanas. She's been a villain since Classic, but it really became prominent in Cata, when she killed the humans of Silverpine and forcefully turned them into forsaken. She's literally the Lich King 2.0, heck she even admitted that.

The only reason for her to raise more forsaken was for her to use them as arrows in her quiver, not because otherwise her race would die out.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know exactly when the Alliance killed the Warsong peons, but it was likely justified as the Warsong Clan was known to invade Ashenvale and wage war with the Silverwing Sentinels, even while Thrall was Warschief.

Stonard was an outpost located near Alliance territory, not a village full of civilians.

Dalaran was not a massacre, Jaina just imprisoned the majority of the Sunreavers (for a very good reason) and killed the ones that resisted.

When Sargeras stabbed Silithus, the Alliance's response was to send Druids and Priestesses to investigate and possible heal the area, while the Horde only thought of how it could benefit them (surprise, surprise).