Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    im like wut? lol your kidding right what drought im not running out of content anytime soon.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    What? 24 months is 2 years.
    Everytime someone mentions the gap between SoO and WOD it gets longer

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Everytime someone mentions the gap between SoO and WOD it gets longer
    You kids have it so nice. The gap between Half-Life and Half-Life 2 was 6 years, and the gap between 2 and 3 is trending toward TREE(3).

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    It's not about content, it's about "fun" content. The stuff you linked is only relevant for a pitifully small part of the playerbase, and it's not even considered part of the content available for everyone else.

+20 Mythic dungeons? Almost no one does those for reasons, and as such it's not considered available content, leading to the drought.
    So it's not a content drought as much as people dont want to do the content that's there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Yes, there was a gap of 4 years between SoO and WOD.
    Man, I'll never forget my grandad's last words.. He said he wished he'd live long enough to see WoD release. He was only 20 years old when the SoO patch came. He fought in two world wars but never got to see WoD. Such a tragedy.
    Hi

7+ Year Old Account
    ????

A year is 12 months, 2 years is 24 months.

and there was a 14 month gap between wod and 5.4.

Formerly known as Arafal

That was a long 12 years.

Despite the many, many issues I have with the game, a lack of content is not one of them. I always have something to do, even if it is content in old expansions (which I’m happy to do, it’s refreshing).
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2020-03-27 at 05:32 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by yamix View Post
    That was a long 12 years.
    Yes, I remember the Blizzcon when the World of Warcraft team announced the first new expansion in a century.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    So, I have been playing WoW since closed Beta. Usually when an expansion ends, there is a content drought. Thats normal and expected.
    When that happens I usually mostly play other games or do some small stuff that I wanted to finish in the current expansion and go back to only raid logging. This is *snip blah blah snip*
    Content you don't want to do =/= no content. Learn the difference.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    So it's not a content drought as much as people dont want to do the content that's there.
    Sort of, yes. It's a "Content [that I want to do] drought", or even a "[new, fresh] Content drought".

It always is.

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Mop and wod were at least interesting to play. BFA not so much, jesus its shit, stale and just boring
    "Wod was interesting to play"
    Ahhh the rose tint, i cant wait in 5 years when "Current expac is shit, bfa was so much better"

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    ????

A year is 12 months, 2 years is 24 months.

and there was a 14 month gap between wod and 5.4.
    joke went over ya head. gotta read the rest of the thread

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "Wod was interesting to play"
    Ahhh the rose tint, i cant wait in 5 years when "Current expac is shit, bfa was so much better"
    Class design was much better for me personally in WoD. I also enjoyed PVP because class design was good. Not saying it was perfect because Mists had better class design then WoD but the classes I was playing Lock/Pally/DK/Shaman were all super fun to play. While there wasn't much to do in WoD I actually enjoyed gameplay the whole way through. Plus Garrisons were making me so much gold so while they were also not fun they were useful to do.

BFA has terrible class design IMO its not that fun to me. BFA does have TONS of content but its alot of forced/chore content. WQ/Dailys/Rep grinds all the things I personally dont enjoy. The only thing I simi enjoyed in BFA was Mythic+ with Bwonsomdi affix because it was fun(Ion doesn't like that). When class design is good PVP is fun which hasn't been the case for 3+ years now. Wrath/Cata/Mists were my personal favorites for class design.

Only expo I haven't played all the way through was Legion/BFA. Legion was the first 7 months I couldn't be bothered but once the systems loosened(AP Grind/Legendary farming) I came back and enjoyed it till the end. BFA on the other hand I have only been playing because of friends/guild. Ive been forceing myself for over a year to log on for mythic+ and raid. Corrupted Gear was the final push for me to just take a break though. 2.5 months of only ONE peice gear with a rank 1 twilight Devestation. The rest have been versatile/clarity/masterful on my Main character. My alts are corrupted up the ass but low Ilvl. Finally Decided to just take a break. I also dont like Visions which was 8.3 main feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    If you've been playing since WoW Beta, you have been through worse content droughts, unless you actively didn't play the game during those droughts. 'Classic' had pretty bad droughts because there simply wasn't anything else to do at the time, especially if you didn't raid.

The worst, though, was during SoO of Pandaria.

So I really can't figure out why you feel this has been the worst content drought when there is so much to do and the raid's only been out 3 months. Sounds like you're getting tired of the game and need to give it a break.
    I think a big part of the Problem ist that in Classic you only had one raid difficulty and you needed to prepare for those raids. We did not manage to clear Naxx in Classic, failed at 4 Horseman, but we always kept trying and preparing because we wanted to see the new bosses afterwards. Today you clear HC on the first evening and you have seen everything. Yeah, I am raiding mythic, but its always a broken concept and not even close to be as motivating as actually locking new things behind hard fights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Is somebody gonna blame Blizzard for Corona and the lockdown?

But as you said "what cool stuff do I want to finish"? - if neither raiding, nor mythic+, nor pvp, nor HV, nor...anything appeals to you...then everything is the worst content draught ever.

I just have no clue how 2 months of BfA with all these things available are worse than 9 months of nothing but BT, 12 months of nothing but ICC and 3 new 5 mans or 15 months SoO weren't worse? Unless you didn't play back then...but as somebody who joined 9 years a go, there is a chance you did.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad you wrote the word fun as you did: "fun".

What "fun" did you ever had in WoW, so we can kinda understand what you are missing these days...since ...as in a later comment...you also question the quality and novelty. I mean..if novelty is a factor...than raiding as a novelty must have gone out of the window with BWL...latest with TBC.....as did pretty much everything that was introduced in Vanilla.

And everything that was introduced as a "novelty", be it pet battles, different difficulties, technically unending mythic+ etc has been shat upon over the years or...like you say in your later post doesn't count because a "pitifully small amount of ppl do it".

Yeah...I always wonder what used to be "fun" for you peeps who now find nothing "fun"
    Just to be clear, the problem is not that I am bored now, the problem is that we will most likely have at least 9 more months of this, possibly even way more.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's not the worst we ever had. SoO and HFC were worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    We JUST had a major patch two months ago. We aren't even into the content drought yet.
    Exactly that is the Problem. We had the patch, yet the drought has already started.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Exactly that is the Problem. We had the patch, yet the drought has already started.
    It hasnt, stop shitposting. geez
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    OP probably hasn't even completed a M+ over a 9 but hes bored lol
    M15 achievement done in week 3, which was fairly late compared to some guildies. Its barely more than 2-3 evenings of playtime, be honest with yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Content you don't want to do =/= no content. Learn the difference.
    I am pretty sure that outside of pet battling and becoming Gladiator i pretty much finished everything bfa or post expansions have to offer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    really you think this is worse then the 15 months of hellfire citidal and afking in the garrison, or the 13 months of siege of org and timeless isle?
    Donlt remind me *shudder*

Although to be fair Timeless Isle was a nice bit of filler I didn't; mind. But the rest can go to hell, it'll never be worse that than the other two.

I guess it all depends on people playstyle. For me personally I have so much to do, we got to still do Mythic N'Zoth, and I been slacking on my cloak. Even outside of that I collect mounts and pets and with the new 100% boost I gotta level the non-allied races to max, at least those that have heritage armor quest liens attached, as of Shadowlands the quest lines will be removed. So I wanna say I did the quest chains at least. Only Tauren, Goblin and Worgan to go :P