Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

How about increasing mount drop percentage?

With all of the awesome changes Blizzard has made in the last few weeks. How about increasing the chance for mounts to drop off bosses? I have been spending a lot more time playing while being stuck at home. If the XP buff is lasting a month, that's four weekly resets, that's four chances at a particular boss. So a .1% drop rate, say it was increased to a 10% drop chance which i agree is HUGE increase is still only good for 4 runs.

Uther: How can you even consider that?

It's never been easier to farm mounts anyways >.> Just gonna be desrespectful to those spend weeks on weeks farming those mounts

I'm not even someone with many rares mount and I would hate this change.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xi Jinping View Post
    Uther: How can you even consider that?

It's never been easier to farm mounts anyways >.> Just gonna be desrespectful to those spend weeks on weeks farming those mounts
    I'm pretty sure those people who spend weeks farming bosses would be delighted to have the mounts finally drop.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Only for the length of the XP buff.

No.

10char

All I ask is a cap to how unlucky you can get, it’s not fun farming the same mount 300 plus times (invincible for me) and not getting it, I’d be ok if it was spammable but it’s not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    All I ask is a cap to how unlucky you can get, it’s not fun farming the same mount 300 plus times (invincible for me) and not getting it, I’d be ok if it was spammable but it’s not.
    It's pretty spammable if you have enough characters, and we have 100% xp right now, time to make more.

Quote Originally Posted by kek280 View Post
    It's pretty spammable if you have enough characters, and we have 100% xp right now, time to make more.
    It’s still cancerous. You can go through 20 characters in a day off, that’s not very spammable. Especially if you abuse shared lockouts.

It’s just needlessly tedious having to level an alt and then jump around characters flying them all across the globe just for 1 attempt.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2020-03-28 at 04:35 PM.

It would be nice it there was some kind of dedication buff that increases drop chance by 0.1% with every kill on that character.

Biggest issue I feel with farming mounts is there's no end to how unlucky you can be. I farmed Stratholme on and off for about 10 years before I finally got that horse in Legion with over 2000 runs in total whereas some other people got that horse just by luck through leveling or in 10 clears or whatever. I really wish once you hit a certain crazy number (like 500 runs or something for a dungeon, maybe at least 200 for raids) the 1% droprate would go up a bit. To me at that point you've spent so much time trying to get something, it wouldn't be unfair if the number got increased.

Nope.

The chances are perfectly fine. Most mounts drops (raid, rare mobs) are at 1%, which in the modern age of armies of alts is realistic, but still can be somewhat hard in case of bad rng so it's doesn't feel like a handout.

Then handful of "below 1% mounts" that are in the game should also remain so. Nothing wrong with having rarer things to go for, should you wish to do so. If you don't, it's not like anyone forces you to.

It's like complaining that mythic difficulty exists in raids. If you don't do it, what's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Agrias2x View Post
    It would be nice it there was some kind of dedication buff that increases drop chance by 0.1% with every kill on that character.
    Sounds like something against the current game design. Just make more characters if you want more chances.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-03-28 at 04:59 PM.

The obstacle is Blizzard's design philosophy. If you want to collect all the things, you're playing against their design philosophy that you should not be able to collect all the things.

They don't intend the game to be completable. Personally, I'm miffed by this, and I think your chance to loot the rare thing should slowly increase with each failure.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Imo 1/100 for raid mount is ok, but stuff like 1/2000 from world boss is ridiculous. For anything that has daily/weekly reset, 1/500 should be ceiling, anything lower should be farmable.

And "Blizzard want you subbed longer" argument is invalid. Most people just don't care about 1/2000 mount, and if they do they quickly lose patient. Collectors/completionist are subed every month anyway, because WoW is VAST game for that activity.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnmen01 View Post
    With all of the awesome changes Blizzard has made in the last few weeks. How about increasing the chance for mounts to drop off bosses? I have been spending a lot more time playing while being stuck at home. If the XP buff is lasting a month, that's four weekly resets, that's four chances at a particular boss. So a .1% drop rate, say it was increased to a 10% drop chance which i agree is HUGE increase is still only good for 4 runs.
    That's what alts are for.... Only thing i want them is to make world boss spawn faster like 5 minutes spawn once killed.

I don't think it would hurt anyone if they up the rate. I have most of them already and I don't mind if newer players get it easier.

There are mobs that could use a drop rate buff more.

See: Soundless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Agrias2x View Post
    I'm not against some bad luck protection.

I think this is a good idea across the board, but would need to be looked at in depths.

No. Since you didnt beat content when it was relevant you dont deserve to own those mounts in first place so be glad they gave you 0.1% chance they might also make them seasonal time limited rewards so noobs wont get them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    No. Since you didnt beat content when it was relevant you dont deserve to own those mounts in first place so be glad they gave you 0.1% chance they might also make them seasonal time limited rewards so noobs wont get them at all.
    It’s possible to have beaten the content without having won the mount.