Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another option I suppose is to template the characters (you start at 58 like they said), and give it several weeks before the dark portal opens. This would allow horde and alliance to level paladins/shaman to max, without feeling the pressure to 'catch' up like they did when TBC launched so many years ago. It's not authentic, but it doesn't have to be. This is a pretty simple solution for them, and if they only allowed you to have say three characters created at a time (for launch anyway), it would be way easier to figure out how many servers they need. That's if they feel that the economic burden of having people jump into TBC with tens of thousands of gold would be too much, otherwise just let us copy each character over 'x' level once.

It seems obvious to me they don't want to disrupt classic too much (but just having your 60 vanish forever) and of all of those options, resetting everybody at level 1 would be a huge turnoff for most people. If people want to play TBC, they want to play TBC, and I'm sorry, but at that stage most aren't really interested in leveling in the old world anymore (it exists, in it's prime on classic servers now). The focus should be on TBC and the options should be anything that easily transitions our characters into those servers, whether it be copies or templates.

I said it earlier they really need to space out raid content. TBC had such a massive amount of shit to do at the beginning, followed by a long period of nothing once we hit Black Temple. I would actually prefer if SSC/TK were left out (especially Hyjal) from launch content and released a few months after TBC launched. Not a huge deal of course, but if they actually follow the timeline of TBC and leave Black Temple as the only real content for that amount of time to make it authentic, I'd be pretty disappointed.

There should be changes though and people are absurd to think otherwise honestly. Natural progression would mean destroying classic servers as we naturally progressed from vanilla to TBC 15 years ago. There would be such an uproar and a massive amount of crying if they converted every classic server to TBC, and they aren't stupid enough to do that. If population dwindles on classic servers they can just merge them together to make server communities healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    If people want to play TBC, they want to play TBC, and I'm sorry, but at that stage most aren't really interested in leveling in the old world anymore (it exists, in it's prime on classic servers now)..
    Yea, I wouldn't even bother with BC Classic if I had to level a new character all the way for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Private servers survive for years while being Classic-only. But blizzard wants to Jump ship to TBC after just a few months into classic launch? and here i thought there would be an actual meaning to this version of classic.. and not expansions..
    We're coming up on 8 months of Classic and it isn't like BC servers are arriving next week. The sky isn't falling, I promise.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-03-28 at 01:46 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

full 1:1 server copy could work too.

they roll the tbc pre-patch/expansion on the copy, the original stays the original, nothing changes on the original, the expansion goes ahead how it did the first time and becomes it's own (3rd) service. "Wow Classic Expansions" "WoW Classic" and "WoW Retail".

Only thing is something of a split in (active at least) population. Do some server merging once the dust settles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Should be fresh start for everyone or start at 58. People who wanted classic should not be ahead (char copy) of people who wanted TBC but not classic. Worst case - naked char transfer, so you don't transfer power and go ganking fresh players in dungeon sets level of gear and epic mount.
    I can see the argument of "but this was the case in original bc launch". Well, those were different times, people who wanted classic should stay there or stick to the rules of players who were asking for BC. You were listened to, now it's our turn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Private servers survive for years while being Classic-only. But blizzard wants to Jump ship to TBC after just a few months into classic launch? and here i thought there would be an actual meaning to this version of classic.. and not expansions..
    So you are saying that "F everyone else" who never played and never wanted to play classic so it can be special? Are you 10 ?

Should be a 3 week or 1 month delay for transfers, and a gold cap on transfers, and only 1 character per account

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Keep Classic servers. Let people copy their classic chars to BC (while retaining the original char). Copied chars should have their gold and materials limited. Keep everything that is soulbound and max 1000g, everything else will be lost after copy. New chars rolled on the BC realm could choose starting from lvl1 or lvl58 with green gear. This should be pretty acceptable for everyone.
    Not really as if you keep your characters, you could copy all of them with 1k gold and mats and not loose anything on classic. While us, who never asked for classic but asked for tbc would be screwed over (no epic mount/green gear vs naxx gear and epic mounts). Unless they give you gold for epic mount/blue gear. But then again, if people wanted original Belf (most popular horde race) leveling exp in Ghostlands they would be screwed over because everyone else would be racing to 70 and running rep farms while you would be just level 25.
    This will be a big clash of players who want only tbc vs those who want to copy their power into tbc. I can see points of transfer/copy, but I know how I would feel about being killed by some cheeky ass rogue in t3 or whatever crap is top stuff in classic.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Not really as if you keep your characters, you could copy all of them with 1k gold and mats and not loose anything on classic. While us, who never asked for classic but asked for tbc would be screwed over (no epic mount/green gear vs naxx gear and epic mounts). Unless they give you gold for epic mount/blue gear. But then again, if people wanted original Belf (most popular horde race) leveling exp in Ghostlands they would be screwed over because everyone else would be racing to 70 and running rep farms while you would be just level 25.
    This will be a big clash of players who want only tbc vs those who want to copy their power into tbc. I can see points of transfer/copy, but I know how I would feel about being killed by some cheeky ass rogue in t3 or whatever crap is top stuff in classic.
    Youd be in a no different position than someone who started WoW when BC came out.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Keep dreaming, that'll never happen. The furthest I see blizzard going with their classic train is Wotlk.
    By the time we get to wotlk and it gets outdated, aka years from now. Cata and mop will be considered classic and we'll be a couple expacs away from shadowland.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    While gear is a factor, i think that would mostly resolve itself, because most stuff simply fades out once you're entering raids (i know, some items from Classic are still powerful even in SSC, but you get the idea).
    I don't think it's bad that people who played Classic to the end have a temporary bonus.

The bigger issue is gold, because if Blizzard isn't upfront on this soon(=their announcement), you have a situation that will indirectly also impact Classic servers, because people will start to hoard their gold in preperation for TBC.
    5K for swift flying is hefty but not unreachable within Classic, but if people get too stingy with buying consumables or expensive crafting materials (Arcanite bars, hello), it will also impact the classic server economy, not to mention that getting everyone to get their consumable ready for Naxx will also be a greater struggle if people have TBC in the back of their minds.
    If those AH moguls from Classic that are already sitting on 50k+ show up and buy any remotely valueable resource (Primal Elements, Primal Might, etc..) the prices for these will skyrocket, especially because those farming spots will be utterly overpopulated during the first week(s).

I seriously believe that the best way to transition from Classic to TBC is to only allow a rather trivial amount of gold to make it into TBC.
    Even crafting materials should possibly be offlimits, the price for low level ores skyrocketed with TBC release because of JC, if people can't take gold with them, they will just hoard ores, gems to turn that back into gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    While gear is a factor, i think that would mostly resolve itself, because most stuff simply fades out once you're entering raids (i know, some items from Classic are still powerful even in SSC, but you get the idea).
    I don't think it's bad that people who played Classic to the end have a temporary bonus.

The bigger issue is gold, because if Blizzard isn't upfront on this soon(=their announcement), you have a situation that will indirectly also impact Classic servers, because people will start to hoard their gold in preperation for TBC.
    5K for swift flying is hefty but not unreachable within Classic, but if people get too stingy with buying consumables or expensive crafting materials (Arcanite bars, hello), it will also impact the classic server economy, not to mention that getting everyone to get their consumable ready for Naxx will also be a greater struggle if people have TBC in the back of their minds.
    If those AH moguls from Classic that are already sitting on 50k+ show up and buy any remotely valueable resource (Primal Elements, Primal Might, etc..) the prices for these will skyrocket, especially because those farming spots will be utterly overpopulated during the first week(s).

I seriously believe that the best way to transition from Classic to TBC is to only allow a rather trivial amount of gold to make it into TBC.
    Even crafting materials should possibly be offlimits, the price for low level ores skyrocketed with TBC release because of JC, if people can't take gold with them, they will just hoard ores, gems to turn that back into gold.
    There's a zero percent change that Blizzard says to players "All that work you did? Screw you, you don't get to keep it loser".
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    The more I think about it, level 58 or 60 premades seems to be the most pragmatic choice. The premades need enough gold to buy an epic mount if they don't already come with it. I think character copies are also fine, but there has to be a strict gold cap. Forcing non-copied characters to start at level 1 will alienate a lot of players and isn't worth the authenticity imo. This also allows people to play Blood Elves and Draenei without having to start from scratch, which will help draw many of those interested in TBC servers.

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    The more I think about it, level 58 or 60 premades seems to be the most pragmatic choice. The premades need enough gold to buy an epic mount if they don't already come with it. I think character copies are also fine, but there has to be a strict gold cap. Forcing non-copied characters to start at level 1 will alienate a lot of players and isn't worth the authenticity imo. This also allows people to play Blood Elves and Draenei without having to start from scratch, which will help draw many of those interested in TBC servers.
    This idea is way way way too big of a fuck you to people who leveled. You would literally have people who leveled manually and are in worse shape than someone who just clicked Create 58.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    There's a zero percent change that Blizzard says to players "All that work you did? Screw you, you don't get to keep it loser".
    If they go with the option to transfer your character to a TBC server, it's absolutely on the table.
    Don't want to lose your gold? Don't transfer.

Like, that's how transferring characters has worked in the past (maybe it even still does) that you cannot take a huge amount of gold and totally wreck the economy of a server you are transferring to.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-03-28 at 06:30 PM.

Best solution in my eyes?

6-12 months after Naxxramas releases, two things happen :

a) Current Classic Realms turn to TBC realms.
    b) Fresh wave of Classic realms open for those interested in a fresh go at it, and staying at Classic.

Easy.

People want to keep playing Classic, but not do Naxxramas for 3 years... that's why people played a LOT of different private servers, for 'fresh starts', seasons, whatever.

So yea, that would be my preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Thank god. Managed to get to 40 in Classic recently before I burnt out and had to stop. TBC has a much more motivating endgame and a less taxing 1-60 experience.

Imo a one-time level 58 boost with professions would be the ideal solution.
    TBC 1-60 is exact same as in vannila Blizz didnt touched it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    TBC 1-60 is exact same as in vannila Blizz didnt touched it at all.
    They added a bit of content in 2.0, as well as additional content in 2.3 alongside some xp nerfs.
    Dustwallow marsh for example received an entirely new questing hub in 2.3, alongside a closure for the Burning Inn questchain.

The latter obviously raises the question whether Blizzard will use 2.4 as template and only throws in BT, ZA and SWP as additional raid content down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    They added a bit of content in 2.0, as well as additional content in 2.3 alongside some xp nerfs.
    Dustwallow marsh for example received an entirely new questing hub in 2.3, alongside a closure for the Burning Inn questchain.

The latter obviously raises the question whether Blizzard will use 2.4 as template and only throws in BT, ZA and SWP as additional raid content down the line.
    Given they launched Classic on 1.12 it stands to reason they'd launch TBC on 2.4.

Remind me in 3 or 4 years when the Wrath servers come out.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You mean that phishing attempt with the poorly translated chinese to english wording. Yeah, we all had a good laugh at that official email.
    Well since it was a survey to see people’s reactions on a level squish and the fact their doing it in SL doubt it was a phishing email