10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Sweden has some of, if not the most lax 'measures' for combating the virus in the world right now. They haven't closed anything, not even schools.
    Not everyone is following suit i am aware, what that leads into or what else they are doing differently is to be seen. Some Swedes here are anything but happy about it.
    We'll see what this outcome will bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    What are you trying to achieve by posting clickbait articles that contradict themselves in their own text?
    Yeah this article bugs me because it's using climate denier logic while acknowledging the sort of bad arguments that make climate denier logic work.

It was like when Texas was arguing the other day, climate stuff is a myth because they said X would happen at Y time if Z didn't happen, and now Y is here and we haven't seen X! Well, because a lot of Z did happen, so the situation has changed, and timetables have shifted.

These projections weren't wrong, but they were using the facts of the time. Assuming we let the disease go uncontrolled, millions would have died pretty quickly. But we responded and put a lot of the world in lockdown, so we're shifting away from what those models predicted, and models for the current situation show a different result. If we go back to the same lifestyle the originals models were based around, they will be correct once again. Even the United States is not shifting enough away from these models fast enough. So it's important to remember that they're not wrong, we're just working to make sure they don't come to be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Not everyone is following suit i am aware, what that leads into or what else they are doing differently is to be seen. Some Swedes here are anything but happy about it.
    We'll see what this outcome will bring.
    I assume their tactic is to slow down the disease not to overwhelm the hospitals. Sooner or later most people are going to get infected, the best way to help people is to actually be able to help them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I assume their tactic is to slow down the disease not to overwhelm the hospitals. Sooner or later most people are going to get infected, the best way to help people is to actually be able to help them.
    How does letting everyone go about their business normally slow the disease down?

15+ Year Old Account
    How does letting everyone go about their business normally slow the disease down?
    Because they have limited gatherings to 50 people max.
    Those who can work from home are encouraged to work from home. My workplace has dismissed everyone since pretty much everyone can work from home. I can't so they just sent me home (with full pay).
    Old people are encouraged to stay home. Shops have special opening hours just for people who are in the risk zone. And other stuff that I can't recall, nor care, because this covid-19 shit is greatly exaggerated.
    No one said anything about letting everyone go about their business.

What, you really think this virus is just going to disappear in a few months? That's not going to happen. It's so infectious it's here to stay, just like the common cold.
    Last edited by Strawberry; 2020-03-28 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Italy numbers:

Cases: +5974 on 35447 tests for 16.9% positive rate.
    Deaths: +889
    So... Cases are stabilizing and deaths are slightly lower than yesterday?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    If people would keep up the social distancing it would actually slow down. However some countries have people who think they are immune. That's when governments decide to lockdown.

- - - Updated - - -

Those who can work from home are encouraged to work from home. My workplace has dismissed everyone since pretty much everyone can work from home. I can't so they just sent me home (with full pay).

What, you really think this virus is just going to disappear in a few months? That's not going to happen. It's so infectious it's here to stay, just like the common cold.
    50 is waaaaaaaaaaay too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    *leans into mic* Wrong.

Rowboat Girlyman has a giant golden crown of laurels.
    I mean, yeah. But is that a hat?
    Because the only other that i consider that has/had a giant... Headgear was Rogal Dorn
    I just remembered, Gorillaman has that power crown now. My mistake
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-03-28 at 06:05 PM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Every politician will yell about health care during next elections in their country. Thats it.
    Many will, some will yell about closing borders, some will yell about the Chinese, and some will be yelling conspiracy theories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    What about Trump who says he cares more about Americans than anyone else?
    He counts as celebrity, since it seems celebrity is what gets into political power in America these days

And yes, his hidden hoard could pay for so many ventilators it's true.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Old people are encouraged to stay home. Shops have special opening hours just for people who are in the risk zone. And other stuff that I can't recall, nor care, because this covid-19 shit is greatly exaggerated.

Where did I even remotely imply that was the case? The fuck?

I asked how allowing the disease to spread basically unchecked by not mandating people remain at home, isolated from each other, is going to slow the disease down?

10+ Year Old Account
    Current update in Israel:

Cases: 3619 (+584), Deceased 12 (+0), Serious 54 (+5), Moderate 81, Capacity 2864.

Serious: 54, serious total from the start: 69, dead 12

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    In fact. I challenge you to provide one legit credible news source that says anything close to "we are all going to die"
    Literally? If you want to take the fact that no one has literally said that then by all means consider that a win for you. Embrace that feeling! Because anything remotely related to any positivity isn't welcome here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some extra bit of statistic about treatment location:

Hospitals: 493
    Home: 1828
    Hotels: 484
    TBD: 713

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Literally? If you want to take the fact that no one has literally said that then by all means consider that a win for you. Embrace that feeling! Because anything remotely related to any positivity isn't welcome here.
    Positivity sure is welcome. However, the articles you keep on posting is downplaying, by the same source.

15+ Year Old Account
    Trump says NY, NJ and CT could be quarantined soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Trump says NY, NJ and CT could be quarantined soon.
    He wants a reason to reopen the country ASAP unfortunately Chicago, Florida, Louisiana and other states are flaring up as well. On the bright side those states went first so when they are done the rest of the country will just get started so they can keep other states out

15+ Year Old Account
    Where did I even remotely imply that was the case? The fuck?

I asked how allowing the disease to spread basically unchecked by not mandating people remain at home, isolated from each other, is going to slow the disease down?
    How the fuck are you going to keep everyone at home?

Lol, maybe you should look at your own place before having opinions on how other countries deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dutch government bought 1.2 million masks from China.
    600k were unsafe to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    How the fuck are you going to keep everyone at home?

Lol, maybe you should look at your own place before having opinions on how other countries deal with it.
    This way:

There is some vid where cops chased after some biker in a park on cars. Sure he got away, but it's mostly done so there won't be 20 others there the next day.

Currently we don't have full lockdown, you can go from your home within 100 meters or for provision. Already enforced.

From what I understand yesterday alone there was 1000 enforcement events that ended with fines.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-03-28 at 07:18 PM.