Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    i did mage tower after like 5-10 tries for each of my 3 specs, then that content was over.
    only reason i didnt get all 3 done day one was because of the currency cost, yes each attempt did cost quite a grindy amount in the beginning, people seem to have forgotten that.
    Wow I actually completely blanked out the currency part from my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Elyiandris View Post
    The bugs are starting to irk me.
    The jumping madness (hot feet or whatever) cost me one try because it made my toon jump towards one wall in a Drag hut and I became stuck.
    Doing the Shaman zone today and it tossed me into one of the Troll huts and I got stuck. That affix makes me think "I should've mained a Hunter" every single time it comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Well what a coincidence, I changed to enhanc a few weeks ago and I'm doing way better as enhanc, it's much easier. Not that it's a surprise, visions are a pain for casters in general.

I know, the % of people that can actually run 5 masks is pretty low, but let's not fool ourselves, the vast majority of players is extremely bad, you should never compare you with the average.
    You changed a few weeks ago? So when did you do 5 masks first and with what spec exactly? I cant really see how Ele would be harder than Enhanc, specially in SW.

The average skill level is really bad indeed but I don't think it's right to put them down.

Horrific Visions are great. Granted, I main a DH currently but they offer weekly replayability. The corruption item lottery is something to look forward to every reset. The only thing I was bit surprised about is how much easier visions keep getting all the time. In fact I think they were pretty intimidating at low cloak ranks and barely no research. At cloak rank 15 and nearly a full research the Orbs aren’t needed at all even at 5 Masks because sanity just doesn’t drain any faster than you’re killing stuff.

That said, I think a lot of games make this mistake that the games are actually easier at the end than in the beginning. Felt like that in Doom Eternal this weekend also. Better guns, all the upgrades, suddenly everything’s a joke. 5 Mask feels a lot easier with full cloak and research than 0 Mask was in the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    You changed a few weeks ago? So when did you do 5 masks first and with what spec exactly? I cant really see how Ele would be harder than Enhanc, specially in SW.

The average skill level is really bad indeed but I don't think it's right to put them down.
    After I did 5 masks as elemental I changed to enhanc the next week, I was just waiting for a weapon to change. Sure Alleria is easier as ranged but that's the only part where ranged is better than melee in visions, too much movement which is annoying for casters in general.

It's not "put them down" it's judging visions for what it's at the moment. At the moment, full clearing without needing any orb or the cheat death and elite extermination not even granting full 200 sanity because sanity is just not a problem anymore is kinda sad.

After I did 5 masks as elemental I changed to enhanc the next week, I was just waiting for a weapon to change. Sure Alleria is easier as ranged but that's the only part where ranged is better than melee in visions, too much movement which is annoying for casters in general.

It's not "put them down" it's judging visions for what it's at the moment. At the moment, full clearing without needing any orb or the cheat death and elite extermination not even granting full 200 sanity because sanity is just not a problem anymore is kinda sad.
    But you need to remember that if 5 Masking was challenging even at 470 ilvl and good corruptions like Twilight Devastation, maxed cloak and research, then they would be nearly impossible before reaching that point. And then we’d talk about time gating and so on and people would complain 5 Mask is only for raiders etc.

It’s just the nature of the game in MMOs unless the difficulty scales infinitely like in M+. Someone wouldve done a 10 Mask already if it existed.

No.

Rank 14-15 doing Visions 4 times was an absolute borefest.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    No.

Rank 14-15 doing Visions 4 times was an absolute borefest.
    yeah with full research and max cloak 5 mask pretty damn easy, even when i fuck up alot i still have 2 orbs and cheat death to spare.
    so no matter your class and gear, if you cant do a 5 mask with rank 15 cloak and full research, you are just a terrible player.

i want a 6th mask that increase the mob hp/dmg/sanity drain and increase the time sanity drain. and we can stack it infinitely, but it should become impossible to complete at some point, like 3 xtra mask youd have to play perfect to complete.
    wearing the 6th mask could reward another 470 loot and more mentos. if you want a 3rd 470 youd have to wear 2 xtra masks, etc.

Well orgrimar was kinda easier for hunter and about the same difficulty for warlock. I didn't manage to 5mask no orb with lock. Had to use at least 1 orb. Not saying it's impossible, but i feel more confident with hunter since pet is much tankier. And hunter... well, i just destroyed everything. Used a potions but no orb and no cheat deaths:

And as I said, lead foot practically doesn't exist for ranged casters, and definitely doesn't exist for hunter.

Scorched Feet is just so damn annoying. It's completely beyond me how anyone at Blizz thought that is a good "affix".

And what's up with Bwemba? Is his hex avoidable in any way? His hex + Burned Bridge + Scorched Feet is just terrible.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    Scorched Feet is just so damn annoying. It's completely beyond me how anyone at Blizz thought that is a good "affix".

And what's up with Bwemba? Is his hex avoidable in any way? His hex + Burned Bridge + Scorched Feet is just terrible.
    Don't interrupt him and he might decide to spam lightning instead. At very least, he'll always hex if you break his main spell.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Don't interrupt him and he might decide to spam lightning instead. At very least, he'll always hex if you break his main spell.
    Nah, it's range. If you stay at max range he only casts that lightning spells, but if you get close he will hex. That's why you don't interrupt if you are ranged.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, it's range. If you stay at max range he only casts that lightning spells, but if you get close he will hex. That's why you don't interrupt if you are ranged.
    Not really? Had him hex my on my priest and spam lightning on my monk. Either way, it's not like this is some major issue. Burned bridge does minimal sanity loss and he shouldn't hex more than twice at worst.

Couldn't quite make it on my 5-mask try today. I managed to clear all of the side areas but got slammed by several 1-2 sanity shots (I hate split personality so much) and ended up losing my Cheat Death before getting to Alleria. Unfortunately during her fight the area got way too crowded with stuff and I couldn't lay down enough damage to kill her before all of the sanity drain finally caught up with me.

Is there a trick to positioning the Eye (in her fight and in Mathias)? I can never seem to get between it/them and the target without a lot of difficulty, resulting in a ton of sanity drain.

I think I'm still a little undergeared to 5-mask this fight, but I'll give it another shot this weekend. I still hate Stormwind with a passion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say they were not fun to farm for the tokens to enter. They were not fun to do while leveling cloak, and they are currently not fun as max cloak /farm mats to enter.

Verdict is not fun.

How anyone can say leaden foot is hard is beyond me, and I also play a melee. Scorched feet is more annoying, but still very easy if you just stand still, and when your feet burns, you can choose where to be knocked (jump = backwards).

Splitting personality has very strong easy-to-spot cues when it comes, but haunting on top of it in old towns narrow hall ways and mobs that poison your movement and attackspeed by 70% makes this very nasty.

On my alt, I find no masks run way more stressful then 5 masks at rank 15.

you are right

No. Boring and repetitive content with artificial difficulty. The mandatory currency farm isn't that bad - too bad the overall class gameplay is so bad, it feels like a chore. So having to deal with chores to access uninteresting content ? Nope. Tried to like it for 4 weeks, definitely boring. Not stepping a foot in there again.
    Last edited by Philomene; 2020-04-03 at 10:53 AM.

I'm agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post

I use scorched feet for my advantag catapulting me where i want to go. For me that affix is not really bad... almost good for me tbh.

The only affix that sometimes really bothers me is the one who fears you combined with the rings of shadow "yous" around you and only in SW Mage Quarters... because it way to often block the escape with a wall. Thats annoying... but not more.

And i always just burst Bwemba down if she is up.