Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnmen01 View Post
    With all of the awesome changes Blizzard has made in the last few weeks. How about increasing the chance for mounts to drop off bosses? I have been spending a lot more time playing while being stuck at home. If the XP buff is lasting a month, that's four weekly resets, that's four chances at a particular boss. So a .1% drop rate, say it was increased to a 10% drop chance which i agree is HUGE increase is still only good for 4 runs.
    And if they did make this change, you/some other poster would ask for another bonus. Then another, and another, and another.

The XP buff/legacy loot changes ahead of Shadowlands are plenty nice as it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    No. Since you didnt beat content when it was relevant you dont deserve to own those mounts in first place so be glad they gave you 0.1% chance they might also make them seasonal time limited rewards so noobs wont get them at all.
    I killed Mythic Jaina before EP/8.2 came out, didn't win the mount, and my group didn't kill her enough additional times for the whole group to get one.

So maybe come up with a less stupid/assumptive argument.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Should be baselined to 5%, or the very least none of the obscenely stupid ones that are 0.xxx%

If anything, a drop protection should be in place to reward those with commitment, such as a small increase per failed drop. The idea of going after something for years just to have some new comer getting it on their first try just flat out feels bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Xi Jinping View Post
    Uther: How can you even consider that?

It's never been easier to farm mounts anyways >.> Just gonna be desrespectful to those spend weeks on weeks farming those mounts
    How would that be disrespectful?

What I would do is perhaps drop the weekly reset for mounts only. That way, the amount of time you put in for mount farming can be condensed but you'll still put in the same mount of time in the end, preserving the amount of effort needed as relative to luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnmen01 View Post
    With all of the awesome changes Blizzard has made in the last few weeks. How about increasing the chance for mounts to drop off bosses? I have been spending a lot more time playing while being stuck at home. If the XP buff is lasting a month, that's four weekly resets, that's four chances at a particular boss. So a .1% drop rate, say it was increased to a 10% drop chance which i agree is HUGE increase is still only good for 4 runs.
    While you might think moving the decimal point to the right 2 times and increasing your chances by 100 is a good idea because of 'reasons'. How exactly are you planning on selling your plan to Blizzard?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

How about no?

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

How about a reward for continual subscription. Say, annually, if you were subscribed for the whole year, let the player pick any one mount or item in the game to keep as a reward. That still maintains the rarity of certain mounts, while solving the problem of perpetual bad luck on rare drops for some players.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    as someone who recently got the Rivendare mount, Invincible and Mimiron's Head I would say no.

as someone who is still fucking chasing the Blazing Drake from Deathwing I would say yes so I never have to do that instance again

In a game that points increasingly towards a collection based game that would be too much of a gift to give out for free , considering there are people who keep their subs up just for that mount farming content

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    How would that be disrespectful?
    as I stated above , people spent money just to keep getting shots at them

I wouldn't increase drops across the board, no. Only drops I would increase are the really rare ones, Soundless, the MoP worldbosses, and Rukhmar.

I think it is a nice change. Basically it is like a built-in luck protection if you kill rares that drops mounts many time but have been unlucky so far will increase your chance of getting it to drop.

Although, I am in favor of it being a temporary change for the time being.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I wouldn't increase drops across the board, no. Only drops I would increase are the really rare ones, Soundless, the MoP worldbosses, and Rukhmar.
    and any from Dragon Soul. cause that place is the pits

They should implement a system to future mount drops from bosses similar to how Final Fantasy does it. The mount can drop normally as it works now, but you also get a token from the boss. The mounts can come from a single vendor that you can trade in the boss-specific token for their respective mount. So you can either get lucky and skip killing the boss X times or kill the boss X times and get it X weeks later.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Biggest issue I feel with farming mounts is there's no end to how unlucky you can be. I farmed Stratholme on and off for about 10 years before I finally got that horse in Legion with over 2000 runs in total whereas some other people got that horse just by luck through leveling or in 10 clears or whatever. I really wish once you hit a certain crazy number (like 500 runs or something for a dungeon, maybe at least 200 for raids) the 1% droprate would go up a bit. To me at that point you've spent so much time trying to get something, it wouldn't be unfair if the number got increased.
    I've been one of those people who tends to have excessive bad luck when it comes to certain drops, whether it's mounts, pets, or even gear. I still remember when Blizz got rid of JP/VP and their gear vendors, saying that there's basically no way your luck would be so bad that you'd need these vendors... yet sure enough, I went the entire length of two tiers with certain gear slots not getting any upgrades (I remember it because I went two tiers w/o a tier helm because Vanq never bloody dropped). I'm all for a little bad luck protection, that's part of the reason RPPM was even introduced in the first place.

Now I have varying reasons for this desire, but I'd really like Blizz to give us some idea of drop rates and how they're roughly supposed to be determined. It's not unprecedented where a drop rate (or trinket proc/effect) was bugged/underperforming for a long time and no one really caught on because no one really knows how the RNG works, what type of RNG is at play (true RPPM vs "deck of cards" PPM), or even our actual intended versus actual chances of something occurring. It's one of those things I loved in MoP and hate that they got rid of it: on items such as trinkets, it literally told you how often something is supposed to proc, which made testing and figuring out if gear is working as it should and/or is an upgrade much easier. In general, Blizz has gone to the "mystery box" system, where they give you some vague description of how something is supposed to work without getting any real information... then we have to spend hours of testing/simming while using 3rd party websites/datamining to even figure out basic things about the game.

Anyways, this all relates back mount drop rates, as even recently a blue post increased the drop rate from two rares. The real question is was the drop rate bugged to begin with, was it too low and they decided to increase it, was there a discrepency based upon varying external factors that were affecting drop rates? That's part of my issue with how Blizz handles things nowadays: no one bloody knows. We're also at the point where Blizz throws in massive amounts of pets/mounts compared to even entire expansions in the past, and keeping them sub-1% drop rates from the start (we're even just assuming that from raw aggregate drop rate data, it may be intended to be higher/lower) is rather silly... especially if you release a bunch of them in midway or at the end of an expansion.

In general, I'm getting rather sick of how much is actually random and out of the player's control, and how often we don't even know if we just have bad luck or if things are intended.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I think going from .1% to 10% is a really steep increase.
    But I think going from .1% to 2, 3, or 5% seems more reasonable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe not increase it directly, but have some bad luck reduction thing increasing after each kill. There's some mounts I've been farming for years, yet no drop. And some mounts have dropped after 1-5 kills only.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2020-03-29 at 12:31 AM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    I think going from .1% to 10% is a really steep increase.
    But I think going from .1% to 2, 3, or 5% seems more reasonable.
    3-5% should suffice enough. 10% is little too excessive.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd prefer a stacking bad luck protection system applied to mount, pet and toy drops across the game. Even if it caps out at 20% after two hundred kills.

That is, 20% for ones you can only do once a week, 10% on 'rare spawns' like Rustfeather or Soundless, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Xi Jinping View Post
    Uther: How can you even consider that?

It's never been easier to farm mounts anyways >.> Just gonna be desrespectful to those spend weeks on weeks farming those mounts
    I have over 1300 kills on ICC25H and still no mount. I wouldn't care if the drop chance was changed if it let me get my mount

i'd love that esp if it of was older mounts only even.... i'd be playing more that's for sure.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22