Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Also poorer citizens don't even get the 1200 check.
    Last time I checked, those with income below 70k get the full 1200.
    Above 70k, is gets reduced by $5 for every $100 income. (so 1190 at 70200)
    And zero if they are above 99000
    How come you think the poor don't get it? What did I miss?
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    What you say, and discussion with you generally, is pretty meaningless, only partly because some non-zero percent of the time, it's not even you saying it.

I was pointing out your run-of-the-mill hypocrisy / disingenuous / lies to someone else. I'm not interested in your--or whoever's--response.
    Coolio, Gotcha and your complaint noted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

A company is Austin, Texas has sent out a letter to all employees saying they are calculating what the government check is going to be for their employees and docking that amount from their next pay check.

Capitalism at its best? Way to look out for the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    A company is Austin, Texas has sent out a letter to all employees saying they are calculating what the government check is going to be for their employees and docking that amount from their next pay check.

I don't think that is legal. But do you have a source for that? Because I doubt they do it, unless they want a bunch of legal fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post

Post it on Twitter/Reddit so it goes viral and the company balks at the bad publicity. It's that easy to get the left riled up right now, they have nothing better to do currently.

US democracy is just theatrics. I don't know if it's clear yet, but you people need to sharpen the pitchforks. Class warfare should be two-sided.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I don't think that is legal. But do you have a source for that? Because I doubt they do it, unless they want a bunch of legal fees.
    I don't think it is exactly legal either. But since when has that really mattered in corporate America?

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/wgno.co...hecks-tmw/amp/

This is from two days ago, the company name was redacted
    “temporary compensation reduction that is in line with the assistance that it receives from the federal government related to the COVID-19 pandemic.” By signing the agreement, the company’s employees would have their paychecks between April 6 and April 20 cut by 100% of any money received under the stimulus bill.

The company would also take half of the $500 stipend allotted for dependents under the bill.
    PDF:
    Attached is the link to the form they received

I remember a story in the r/legaladvice subbreddit a day.or two before this story was posted but i can't find it now but they also mentioned they received an email from their employer saying basically the same thing.

(source)

First, Amazing that this is a much greater disgrace than what was done in 2008. About six trillion has been given away, and most likely it'll be getting through the house relatively easily. The best anyone could due senate side was get halfway decent Unemployment checks for awhile; and at that its not that good, and also the government might send everyone a means tested check in maybe four months. The Republicans went from a UBI idea and basically blowing the Dems out of the water to arguing that old people must die so Mammon can gnaw on their soul juices for the Stocks.

Second, assuming now the Dems are forgiven for voting for this, AND they actually take this chance to to attack, It will be quite a sight in 2021 when President Biden compromises in a "grand bargain" huge cuts to Social Security and Medicare with Mitch McConnell because America's out of money because we spent 6 trillion; most of it on businesses that have been hoarding money like Smaug in Erabor for a decade now.

This just passed 96-0, if Pelosi doesn't kill it this looting of the country and literally hands Mnuchin a slush fund to manage than I think one can write off all that "Resistance" talk as just talk.

Senator Sharod Brown who voted for it assures they will totally some how hold this accountable, and despite voting for a massive give away, will somehow make sure it won't be despite create toothless oversight, like in 2008, and also having stipulations Mnuchin can freely ignore.

Sigh.

Funny the how the article words everything.

Some how its bad to "bailout" corporations, even though its NOT bailout they are loans and investments in assets that will most likely turn a profit or have very little loss just like 2008. Even the Boeing language would require equity in the company. They don't have access to loan forgiveness and "free money"

then for small business we get this

"They get forgivable loans if they keep staff on payroll"...But they never call it a BAILOUT, when in fact the real bail outs are not in corporations but in small business and individual workers since they DO NOT HAVE TO PAY BACK THE MONEY.

There is no plan to get most of this money back. No plan to raise taxes later to pay for the debt today.

But I guess it will just be like 2009 where everyone throws that word around without understanding what it really means.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/wgno.co...hecks-tmw/amp/

This is from two days ago, the company name was redacted

PDF:
    Attached is the link to the form they received

I remember a story in the r/legaladvice subbreddit a day.or two before this story was posted but i can't find it now but they also mentioned they received an email from their employer saying basically the same thing.

I would assume they are trying to keep these people on the "payroll" for benefits like health insurance, disability, etc etc since the govt will help them cover actual payroll....

But they don't give the name so who knows.

Still kind of a shitty way of doing it without explanation

The letter seems very suspect, but maybe they have confirmed it.

Seems weird that they think they have the power to do this, also the power to suspend HSA payments mid contract year also runs afoul of the law/contract agreement.

They also cannot suspend millage reimbursements per-say, if they suspend it on an business level individuals can just claim it on their taxes and it will impact the companies tax writes offs in the end. Either way they end up paying it.

They should have just come out and said they were furloughing for a few weeks like every other company in that area and no one would have even batted an eye. They could have just reduced pay as well and unemployment would have made up the difference anyway..no bad press

I know their payroll will be a few heads lighter after this mess...wink wink....

They are going to burn way more cash on lawsuits and fines then they will save

- - - Updated - - -

The corporations that got nearly all of the relief had no need of it, the small businesses and individuals who need it got basically nothing and its means tested and delayed. I do hope Wal-Mart and Goldman Sachs see's this post and your allegiance is recognized.
    But you assume that they are even going to request any of the money.

You think Walmart is going to need any of that? Apple? Microsoft? GS?

Also nothing in the plan is instant for corporations either. And everything has to be repaid or tied to "assets/equity"

- - - Updated - - -

Had no idea Democrats were so eager to give Boeing a metric ton of free money as well as the Trump admin a 4-6 Trillion dollar slush fund.... neat.

NOT FREE.

the govt want equity stake in the company, dollar for dollar.

why do you keep calling everything free?

- - - Updated - - -

How so? I mean, nothing in the relief bill even covers COVID-19 treatment, heck very little of this bill has anything to do with the outbreak and the overwhelming lopsided majority of its spending is to give a massive amount of money to vast powerful conglomerates and financial institutions with basically no oversight and immune to FOIA requests.

Idk, why you'd go to bat for that, but hey, I guess that's "Progressive" now.

Compromise? The overwhelming majority of that bill is money for vast and powerful corporations and financiers. NONE of it is to pay for COVID-19 treatment, a sliver is LOANS, no money, just LOANS for small businesses that could easily take weeks to get and only work if they keep all their staff (Hint the big players who get almost all of the money don't have that string attached so Wal-Mart can fire at will). Oh, and in 3 weeks to 4 months some Americans might get 1200 in means tested one time check.

Wow.... what a compromise. Amazing. Also poorer citizens don't even get the 1200 check. The only kind of achievement is unemployment insurance, which takes forever.

A compromise in which a WORSE version then what was proposed is given, and 4-6 trillion dollars is given over almost entirely to the most powerful corporations and financiers on earth, is essentially like asking for a min. wage increase to 15.... and then settling for 13 and bosses can now legally beat, rape, and hunt their employees for sport and calling it a compromise.

Man so much disinformation in this entire post. You need to calm down and read exactly what the Bill does and will do.

A- lots of money to directly fund COVID response.

B- No one is being given massive amounts of money except individuals, 1200 massive amounts to be exact with no repayment unless you make too much money and fail to report it and cash the check

C- the same rules apply to corporations, they have to go through the same hoops to get the money if they want a loan.

D- Poor citizens get the same $$ that the middle class gets. 1200 bucks.

E- Unemployment in most states takes less than a week if they are able to verify everything. Because of the mass onslaught it might now take a few weeks, but the payments are backdated to the point you applied so you will get ALL the money you are owed.

Sure its shitty you have to wait, but at least you still get $$. You also can get more money than you made, and NOT HAVE TO PAY IT BACK (You know a bailout/free money/giveaway) like you are crying about corporations

F- "and 4-6 trillion dollars is given over almost entirely to the most powerful corporations and financiers on earth" Nothing is given over to them without something in return.

wonder how long before I am called a corporate shill for pointing out facts....without really giving away my approval or disapproval of any part....lol

- - - Updated - - -

Are we getting immediate assistance? The best this bill has for the average person is what? 1200 check, once, in a couple of weeks or months depending. And unemployment insurance which is nice, but you know takes awhile and a lot of forms and means testing to get to.

So, its hardly immediate assistance for the average person. The only ones getting immediate assistance are massive conglomerates that can receive the concierge treatment from the Fed and get no-strings attached cash handed out by the barrel full. I wasn't aware Goldman Sachs was in such dire straits nor that you were so deeply concerned for them.

Oh, Small businesses get a loan, that takes processing time and DOES come with strings attached.
    WRONG, WRONG AND WRONG. There are no "immediate" payments to corporations. There are no "no-string attached cash hand outs"...Where do you get this junk from??

BTW unemployment took exactly 6.5 minutes to file yesterday for my neighbor on line who does not do well with computers. It will take unemployment just a few clicks to verify his income from the IRS records and if they suspect he is lying a phone call to his employer.

Oh the horror!!!!

its not immediate, but its ok since he is still getting one more paycheck this week as is most people whom have been laid off in the past two weeks.

(yes I made him wear a mask and sit on a hefty bag in my apt!!!)

You want billions paid out to small business with no verifications??? gee no fraud or waste going to happen there!

- - - Updated - - -

How so? I mean, nothing in the relief bill even covers COVID-19 treatment, heck very little of this bill has anything to do with the outbreak and the overwhelming lopsided majority of its spending is to give a massive amount of money to vast powerful conglomerates and financial institutions with basically no oversight and immune to FOIA requests.

Idk, why you'd go to bat for that, but hey, I guess that's "Progressive" now.

- - - Updated - - -

Compromise? The overwhelming majority of that bill is money for vast and powerful corporations and financiers. NONE of it is to pay for COVID-19 treatment, a sliver is LOANS, no money, just LOANS for small businesses that could easily take weeks to get and only work if they keep all their staff (Hint the big players who get almost all of the money don't have that string attached so Wal-Mart can fire at will). Oh, and in 3 weeks to 4 months some Americans might get 1200 in means tested one time check.

Wow.... what a compromise. Amazing. Also poorer citizens don't even get the 1200 check. The only kind of achievement is unemployment insurance, which takes forever.

- - - Updated - - -

We aren't getting a check, we are getting a means tested rebate on tax returns, for some people that won't arrive for four months. There is a difference between a check of just helicopter money and means tested, attached to ones taxes at some later date and also with a 4 trillion to 6 trillion dollar fleecing of the country on top.

Like, yeah I support the minimum wage going up, do I want to also legalize pedophilia as a compromise to keep the Epstein Billionaires happy? No.... I don't.

- - - Updated - - -

A compromise in which a WORSE version then what was proposed is given, and 4-6 trillion dollars is given over almost entirely to the most powerful corporations and financiers on earth, is essentially like asking for a min. wage increase to 15.... and then settling for 13 and bosses can now legally beat, rape, and hunt their employees for sport and calling it a compromise.
    Oh look not taking weeks....loans looks like they might start going out this week.

Is there anything in your hysterical ramblings that has been right yet??

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/wh...?mod=home-page
    Last edited by Zan15; 2020-03-29 at 09:29 PM.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

The corporations that got nearly all of the relief had no need of it, the small businesses and individuals who need it got basically nothing and its means tested and delayed. I do hope Wal-Mart and Goldman Sachs see's this post and your allegiance is recognized.
    Everyone warned you that Trump was a corporatist con man, so you have nobody else to blame. This is akin to 100 million people telling you to not date a dude, because he has a long history of murdering his wives, then being shocked and angry at those very same people when you find yourself tied up and gagged in the trunk of a car headed out to the desert.