The Invisible Man 4/10

I didn't like it. Very cheesy horror movie that really is more of a thriller with jump-scares. I didn't like the lead actress (same one from Handmaids Tale); I find her acting to be monotonous, exaggerated, fake and just flat-out annoying.

It's not awful, but it was tough for me sitting through 2 hours of this predictable crap. I'm sure people that don't mind a brainless high-budget thriller with a feminist twist at the end that you see coming an hour early can enjoy it.

The Osiris Child
    Actors: 10/10
    Plot: 7/10
    Production: 5/10

The actors gave it a feeling of it being a much higher budget production than it was. Cheap looking "monsters", lack of scope and sparse special effects took away from the atmosphere that suggested scale and big scenes. Nice but predictable plot twists.

Bonus:
    Bulge shots at the beginning: 10/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Had a binge rewatching movies I have already seen. Over the last few days I watched watched the following

The Road 9/10
    Seen this a few times already still love it. The book it probably better, its been a while since I read it, but this is a great adaptation.filled with emotion drama and suspense, its a slow movies with some great character and world building. I love that about movies.

Groundhog Day 10/10
    One of my favourite movies of all time. I love this movie, one of my favourite comedies too. I cannot say enough good things about this. It has the right amount of comedy sprinkled with drama emotion and heart. I love this movie to death. And the more older I get the more love I have for it

Gladiator 8/10
    I swear there is an old movie review on imdb of mine that gave this 10/10 back in 2002... oh dear, I wanna slap myself. And while some parts of the movie are not as good as I remember its still a really lovely movie, well acted, beautifully shot, great musical score by Zimmer. So I certifiably stand by the fact that I still love this movie... but the flaws are more present now. I think I must have been caught int he hype back then.

Warcraft 6/10
    Fuck you all I still love this move, even if the plot is a mess they tried to cram too much into it and the acting isn't top notch, but the CGI is pretty decent, and as someone who i a fan of Warcraft I still have a soft spot for it.

Skyline 4/10
    Wanted to watch this movie to try and remember what this movie even was. Now I remember why I forgot it, because its forgettable. Did they even do a sequel to this movie because its ends so openly? Also the acting is weak, the charterers are all so unlikable tha5t you want them to all die, the only thing I like was that scene when the aliens abducted all those people to their shit, that is the only image I remember from this movie.. The aliens are pretty scary and intimidating. Actually I think I like this movie less over time.

Dragonheart 8/10
    Back in 1996 I went and saw this movie at the cinema, I was about 13 I think, and I loved it. And I still find it has a lot of charm today, the CGI, has certainly held up pretty well, and its so nice to see a movie that isnt that dependant on CGI, I just know if this movie got made today (and yes I am aware of the carious straight to DvD sequels), it would be filled with so much CGI really drowning out the quality as CGI is today. CGI aside, movie is still great, I still get teary at the end maybe its the nostalgia but its great

The Invisible Man (2020) 4/10

Elisabeth Moss is great, and she tries her best to carry this movie. Unfortunately this movie has 1 flaw that immediately comes to mind and that is security cameras, and how everyone conveniently forgets about them. This pretty much ruined the whole movie for me ...

1917 10/10
    Got the 4K today and it's great on my home theater. Not as good as big screen, but still great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knives Out - 8.9/10

I don't know it took me so long to see this movie but I finally did and I'm mad I didn't watch it sooner. Great mystery flick. Not too deep for those don't otherwise watch mystery movies, still entertaining for those who do. Rian Johnson's style is all over this movie, which if you only know him from Star Wars you might prefer him in this arena where you don't have any preconceived notions. Daniel Craig killed it. Ana was great. The supporting cast was great. Lakeith Stanfield is criminally unappreciated in the industry. I fault the movie in being a little long and some of Johnson's storytelling is obvious.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Dolls (1987) - 6/10. Been home for a week now on the bench reserve from work, so been watching a lot of Pluto TV. Caught this cult classic and was pleasantly surprised. It reminded me of Puppermaster. Very creepy, a bit low budget, but not too much, and creative enough story for a horror movie.

"The hunt" 8/10

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Had a binge rewatching movies I have already seen. Over the last few days I watched watched the following

The Road 9/10
    Seen this a few times already still love it. The book it probably better, its been a while since I read it, but this is a great adaptation.filled with emotion drama and suspense, its a slow movies with some great character and world building. I love that about movies.
    I just had to quote you there, because in all my life not once have i seen a movie truly do a book justice.. until i saw the road. It is the book given shape, and its downright brilliant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Child's Play (2019): 6/10 Eh, it was alright. I liked some of it, but I gotta take a point away for how ugly the doll was. I guess it adds to the creepy factor, but Jesus Christ.

Guns Akimbo: 5/10 Eh. Oh! Hey, it's that one chick from that terrible Crouching Tiger sequel! So much cuter with rainbow hair. Hey, it's that chick from Mayhem! Kinda cute as a psycho. Hey, it's that one guy from the thing! Did they just show his wiener? The idea of Swiss Army Man trying to do everyday tasks with guns bolted to his hands is more amusing than it deserves to be. I'd rather watch a movie about him trying to make an omlette or rolling a doober or dematting a dog than this.

The Hunt: 7/10 I don't really get all the initial fuss, but whatever. It was entertaining enough. The gore and humor were fun. Betty Gilpin gets a bonus point. I enjoyed her big reveal, and her scowl would make Karl Urban's Dredd proud.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Midway - 6/10. Decent special effects, story is a bit scattershot. I rented it online and it was good enough that I watched it twice, but I don't feel like I need to own it.

Angel Has Fallen - 4/10. Hopefully the last of the "...Has Fallen" series.

The Hunt 7/10

I watched Onward in theatres a few weeks back and I will say I think it's the best Pixar/ Disney movie I have ever seen, had a great story and the characters felt genuine. Hell Im a heartless bastard and It even got a few tears from me at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    The new Jumanji 8/10

Even better than the last one, I was surprised. Fun nonsense!
    Went to see this with my family when my niece had her birthday. Suprisingly fun to see actors play like they are another actor, tropic thunder style. Pleasantly surprised. Not a great plot or anything but fun none the less.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

The Platform 5/10

Like the premise and the film had a good amount of tension. I think the surrealism elements did not do it any favors and the acting was not good.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Platform 6/10

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The Platform 5/10

Like the premise and the film had a good amount of tension. I think the surrealism elements did not do it any favors and the acting was not good.
    I watched that movie last night, I honestly thought about giving it a 5/10 too. There's a real good story that isn't fleshed out enough. This idea has great potential for an underlining political message on classim. I would have loved to see a Jordan Peele handle this movie or a Ari Aster who did Midsommer. There's a good movie dying to get out here.

But for what it was I think its above average only because I really like the whole one set setting, which relies heavily on character development, which this movie does well enough. But as I said a movie with this idea could have been better done in someone else's hands. Not sure I'd say the acting was bad, I just think it was odd, either bad direction or just not good enough material.
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-03-27 at 03:55 PM.

Underwater 3/10

The casting/acting was fine, but the budget wasn't big enough to justify this dumb movie. Just meh, with horrible writing (and cinematography). I liked some of the music.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The Hunt - 7/10
    Pretty funny movie. Enjoyed it.
    same!

Vivarium - -10/10
    watching paint dry is more entertaining.....

The Gentlemen - 11/10
    stellar cast/acting, good plot and twists thats how you make a GOOD movie.

Doctor Sleep 8/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Midsommar: 7/10 I know it was supposed to be creepy and unsettling, and it was, but I couldn't stop chuckling.

The Invisible Man: 8/10 Glad they made it a straight-up horror movie. Lots of moments of tension and dread helped along by the score. Elisabeth Moss gets a bonus point for her performance. I had some minor gripes with some details, but whatever. Solid flick. Maybe don't watch it if you have trypophobia?
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    The Platform 6/10

I watched that movie last night, I honestly thought about giving it a 5/10 too. There's a real good story that isn't fleshed out enough. This idea has great potential for an underlining political message on classim. I would have loved to see a Jordan Peele handle this movie or a Ari Aster who did Midsommer. There's a good movie dying to get out here.

But for what it was I think its above average only because I really like the whole one set setting, which relies heavily on character development, which this movie does well enough. But as I said a movie with this idea could have been better done in someone else's hands. Not sure I'd say the acting was bad, I just think it was odd, either bad direction or just not good enough material.
    Agreed with The Platform review. What drew me into watching it was that it felt a lot like "The Cube" in premise and style. Unfortunately they had a good premise but fumbled the ball on the ten yard line.

And if you haven't watched The Cube, I highly recommend.