Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Wrong exp nerf happen in ZA patch which will take minimum of 1y to relase enyoj your waiting.
    Unless they launch the game in patch 2.4 which, considering Classic, they’re likely to.

Also your original claim was that they didn’t touch 1-60 at all, you’ve just admitted you’re wrong.

I skipped classic cause its the worst version of WoW, but i'm definitely in for TBC & Wrath. I want the start at 58 option.

I don't see why people have a problem with this? Why should we all start at level 1? Its just a time waste. 58 is fine enough to grind up to 70.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    I skipped classic cause its the worst version of WoW, but i'm definitely in for TBC & Wrath. I want the start at 58 option.

I don't see why people have a problem with this? Why should we all start at level 1? Its just a time waste. 58 is fine enough to grind up to 70.
    Classic is significantly better than any expansion after Wrath.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I... uh, resemble that remark. >_>;
    Sorry my dude, I Saw it too. It might have been you.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Classic is significantly better than any expansion after Wrath.
    I will respectfully Disagree.

I played Vanilla back when I was in Uni in 2005 when it launched here in the UK. Loved it back then, but wouldn't love it right now its far too grindy. And most of the quality of life improvements came with Wrath which i think is the Best version of WoW. Yep its the most casual version and peaked the highest sub numbers of any MMO by far go figure!

Maybe because fun is more important to most gamers? Who knows...

I played Vanilla back when I was in Uni in 2005 when it launched here in the UK. Loved it back then, but wouldn't love it right now its far too grindy. And most of the quality of life improvements came with Wrath which i think is the Best version of WoW. Yep its the most casual version and peaked the highest sub numbers of any MMO by far go figure!

I liked TBC and I liked Wrath.

The “quality of life” improvements are what destroyed the game. Wrath had the most subs, but those subs were built up in classic and TBC. Wrath was pretty flat, very little sub growth.

- - - Updated - - -

The issue is that during wrath and especially in Cata the game transitioned from being an MMO to being a multiplayer action RPG. On net, I still think wrath was wonderful and I hope I get to play it again, but it is where the problems started.

Far too many difficulty levels, leveling as a chore before getting to the “real game”, balancing PvP entirely around arena, etc. are all things that were fine as part of wrath but became issues as they got doubled down on as more expansions came.
    -ynnady

Don't really have any interest in going back to TBC, but happy for those who do. I'll stick with classic.

Was hoping for Classic+ but guess they ain't gonna dedicate that much resources or risk to Classic. I cleared TBC first time round, and whilst it was fun I don't really want to do it again

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I hope it's a "start from level 1" for everyone.
    People wanting to play shaman on Alliance/paladin on Horde shouldn't get left in the dust by everyone else. And that would make less of a clusterfuck in Hellfire Peninsula.

But the most important point is which patch they will use for content. Hope they don't wreck TBC by using 2.4 nerfed one.
    Alright WOD baby, let me explain something to your entitled "Mommy get me hot pockets" self. When TBC Came out... in 2007.... EVERYONE who wanted to play shaman and paladin, STARTED at 1, AND EVERYONE ELSE...walked through that helfire portal together. That's right. Blizzard didn't cater to the boo hoo babies and the Akka's of the world.
    SO if a TBC server is remade, you can do what everyone else had to do.. 13 years ago big boy, you're a big boy now!!!

This makes me sad because it means it's further away than I hoped.

Considering LFR didn't come out until Cata, i'm curious how wotlk is "Most casual version" of the game. LFG wasn't introduced until late in the expansion.

Fun is a point of view, unless you're one of those people who only think "Fun" is what they consider "fun and the game should be built in that image.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Define "further away".
    The survey is primarily concerned with the implementation, that's indicative that Blizzard is already working on the content itself.

I really think that Blizzard tries to get TBC servers ready asap, that they can launch it once they see a content drought on the horizon (=post P6 / SL release).

Copy/paste is the best formula. Too many wouldn't like starting a fresh toon no matter i58, including me.

Instant 58's would have to come with almost leveled professions and somehow you get an epic mount at 60 for really reduced cost or free. From experience the i58 is not the bet option going into Outlands.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    The hell else do you want to do in it? Grind netherwing rep again? BC never really hit my top expansions.

In fact I rescind my asking for Timewalking Karazhan specifically because, digging through those dusty memories, I remember raiding Karazhan for literally 3/4 of the expansion. Grinding a lot of gear tokens. A really obnoxiously long attunement questchain for said Karazhan...

Yeah, cut what I said about Karazhan. Been there, done that plenty. Even if it is a good raid.
    Why are you playing dumb? You really want me to answer what else is there to do in TBC besides questing?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    These news made me revisit classic video:

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I mean, it was always going to be at minimum a year post shadowlands release. When the hell did you expect it lol. They aren't gonna have shadowlands and BC classic launching anywhere near each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Copy/paste is the best formula. Too many wouldn't like starting a fresh toon no matter i58, including me.

Instant 58's would have to come with almost leveled professions and somehow you get an epic mount at 60 for really reduced cost or free. From experience the i58 is not the bet option going into Outlands.
    I guarantee they offer both, because they're going to want players who didn't necessarily hit high levels in classic as well as don't want to piss off players from classic who want to keep their character progress. If they don't offer a high level starting point like 58+ for BC Classic none of the casuals are coming back for it, bet your ass on that. Likewise if they don't offer copies in some way more classic players would probably just stay on classic. This survey is gonna do nothing more then confirm this to them. 58s don't need epic mounts and they will have enough gold to buy them by time they hit 60 if it's using patch 2.4 values(highly likely). They can also have professions start out at BC levels, because you will still need to level the BC portion of them that harms nothing.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-03-29 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexs View Post
    Why are you playing dumb? You really want me to answer what else is there to do in TBC besides questing?
    Absolutely, you're consistently failing to come up with a good answer as much as I am.

Ogri'la? Man, screw that reputation, I was never able to finish it.

I remember a pretty long grind for money killing the same 10 elementals for primal mana in Netherstorm for several weeks. Maybe that was purchasing epic flying...Nothing fun about that whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Absolutely, you're consistently failing to come up with a good answer as much as I am.

Ogri'la? Man, screw that reputation, I was never able to finish it.

I remember a pretty long grind for money killing the same 10 elementals for primal mana in Netherstorm for several weeks. Maybe that was purchasing epic flying...Nothing fun about that whatsoever.
    There are dungeons, raids, reputations, attunements, pvp... do you need examples of those things and to have them spelled out? I mean do you not know Kara exists?
    -ynnady

One thing is for sure - no one is allowing you to transfer your classic characters AND KEEP THEM at the same time. It doesn't work that way, no matter how much you cry

Since all posts about this topic are about how to do TBC I thought that was all that was asked in the survey.

But now I read on the front page that the first question is: "How interested are you in a "Classic" version of Burning Crusade?" Am I right in assuming that if they're asking that question they haven't even decided yet to do TBC and development is yet to begin? Or am I reading too much into it?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Since all posts about this topic are about how to do TBC I thought that was all that was asked in the survey.

But now I read on the front page that the first question is: "How interested are you in a "Classic" version of Burning Crusade?" Am I right in assuming that if they're asking that question they haven't even decided yet to do TBC and development is yet to begin? Or am I reading too much into it?
    It would seem to me the survey is an indication that their chosen plan is to do TBC assuming the survey comes back at all positive on it.

But yeah they clearly haven't started working on it. In theory now that they know how this works, and have backups of every major patch now, it should be an easier process to port it to the new back-end.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)