10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Considering winnie the pooh meme's are banned in China and in general speaking badly of the party is a big no no I'd say name calling does more than work
    I find it hilarious when dictators get their panties in a wad because someone made fun of them on the internet. Like really dude? You're the President of China and a Winnie the Pooh meme upsets you? Grow up dude. I remember when I was five . . .
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    @Thepersona I'm limited in my ability to check things, but for what it is worth this appears like regular Trumpistan bullshit. https://www.mediaite.com/news/twitte...n-gov-whitmer/

Fact: those are not facts. Kirk and Giuliani appear to be riffing on an article posted by conspiracy blogger Jim Hoft of Gateway Pundit, and which falsely claims that:

“Hydroxychloroquine is safe and in at least three international tests was found 100% effective in treating the coronavirus.” — There have been extremely limited studies that aren’t scientifically significant, neither of which show the drug to be “100% effective.” One of the studies showed no benefit at all from the treatment.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    @Thepersona I'm limited in my ability to check things, but for what it is worth this appears like regular Trumpistan bullshit. https://www.mediaite.com/news/twitte...n-gov-whitmer/
    Yeah, but didn't one study showing "no benefit" come from a Chinese study with only 15 patients? Rather dubious all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    How's the air quality in SK? i've heard that the hardest hit area in Italy is also the zone with the worst air quality in the country (and afaik in europe)

Smokers are a high risk population when contracting any pulmonary disease.
    It can be quite shit, in addition to our own problems we also get pollution from China and dust from China too. Wearing a mask while outside is often recommended due to the air quality.

For Daegu: https://aqicn.org/city/daegu/

For Seoul: https://aqicn.org/city/seoul/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Does anyone have a more credible source than this? Because as much as i desperately want this to be true, i need a verified study/published paper/something

https://techstartups.com/2020/03/28/...-z-pak-update/
    I mean, let's look at a few things.

1) His champion is Rudy Giuliani. His "report" was an exclusive interview with Rudy-G.

2) He's a family care physician, not an hospital doctor. I'd wager that 99% of his patients are asymptomatic or only lightly symptomatic in the first place. If they were worse off, chances are that they'd be in an ER somewhere.

3) "He defines success as 'Not to die.' " That's confidence-inspiring, for sure.

Personally, I'm guessing that some or all of those 699 patients were never confirmed cases of coronavirus to begin with. I find it entirely likely that he gives his patients a treatment, the placebo effect kicks in and their anxiety (and its attendant respiratory distress) fades, and he chalks up another "cured" patient.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Yeah. I guess that's the case.
    Let's wait until we get the preliminary results from NYC clinical trials then.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos
    Rather dubious all around
    Yep, as noted in the linked article, all of the studies were scanty. On the other hand, there are people with conditions like lupus who do need the meds to treat their conditions and this is far from a proven 100% treatment for COVID-19. It is Trumpmenbashi grandstanding, backed by his stooges, and that's how we're getting things like people using aquarium products.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

I think trump got his numbers wrong. With 160 million people being the half of america, and a mortality rate of 5% worldwide (possibly higher due to america being the obesity capital of the world) were looking at possibly 8 million deaths rather than 'just' 200.000.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    I think trump got his numbers wrong. With 160 million people being the half of america, and a mortality rate of 5% worldwide (possibly higher due to america being the obesity capital of the world) were looking at possibly 8 million deaths rather than 'just' 200.000.
    You don't even have to use the higher ends of numbers.

40% of the population is ~ 130 million (early estimates were that 40-70% of the global pop will catch this at some point).

0.5% mortality on that is ~650,000 dead.

That's unrealistic, because the only country seeing a mortality rate that low is Germany. The USA's is closer to 1.5% right now, and that's before they hit the wall with their healthcare system.

On the lowest of ends, Trump's estimate is laughably optimistic, if everything goes as well as it possibly could, way better than it's currently going, and nothing bad ever happens to tip the scales further (which is about to occur in the next few weeks, as cases overwhelm hospital beds and equipment).

The only place Trump's numbers are likely to be true is in Fantasyland, and only because his herd of unicorns are able to magically cure diseases if you rub their horns.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You don't even have to use the higher ends of numbers.

40% of the population is ~ 130 million (early estimates were that 40-70% of the global pop will catch this at some point).

0.5% mortality on that is ~650,000 dead.

That's unrealistic, because the only country seeing a mortality rate that low is Germany. The USA's is closer to 1.5% right now, and that's before they hit the wall with their healthcare system.

On the lowest of ends, Trump's estimate is laughably optimistic, if everything goes as well as it possibly could, way better than it's currently going, and nothing bad ever happens to tip the scales further (which is about to occur in the next few weeks, as cases overwhelm hospital beds and equipment).

The only place Trump's numbers are likely to be true is in Fantasyland, and only because his herd of unicorns are able to magically cure diseases if you rub their horns.
    Germany is rumored to be fudging its numbers a bit. They are allegedly only counting mortality rates from the virus where it was the main cause of death and not cases where it weakened the body to make a preexisting affliction or condition fatal.

It is just rumored but I would be hesitant to take overly positive news at face value just yet.

I also don't really know if there is value in telling people the truth of how bad it is going to be. Panic only adds to the problem and given the bizzare reactions I have seen already it would be a panic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. According to RKI, we are also close to a 1% mortality rate.

57.298 cases -> 455 deaths = 0.8%.
    Considering that our ICUs have free capacity to take on Italian and French patients, we're not yet at a point where this gets really ugly like Italy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    I also don't really know if there is value in telling people the truth of how bad it is going to be. Panic only adds to the problem and given the bizzare reactions I have seen already it would be a panic.
    The common populace rarely has much use for truth in these matters, I agree. People are dumb and panicking people are even dumber and more dangerous than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Yeah, but didn't one study showing "no benefit" come from a Chinese study with only 15 patients? Rather dubious all around.
    There are also other factors.
    I believe that Chinese study was for severely ill patients - but some of the new studies test using the drugs earlier, and possibly in combinations (similarly as anti-HIV drug cocktails are combinations of various drugs). It might work - or it might be that we are just stumbling in the dark.

Let's put the obvious here;
    Wenliang, who tries to warn the world gets arrested by Chinese authorities.
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/03/a...hnk/index.html
    World gets the news on 31st December but CCP knew it already.
    8 more people also gets arrested cos of same reason.
    7 January, WHO tweets that no evidence for human to human transaction. Which is told to WHO by CCP.
    Wenliang messages to his friends that transaction is possible and he knows this since 10 January.
    https://m.weibo.cn/status/Is0XboARR?...d1585363844388
    Then jingping gives orders to stop spread but its too late, Chinese holiday is up and people already got spread around and left Wuhan.
    https://m.weibo.cn/status/Is0XboARR?...d1585363844388

And there are viral researchs that are warning China to close those live animal bazaars which were written like 15 years ago? I shared before, i can find it again if you insist.

And also they been lying about numbers since the beginning, didn't warn the world, abused WHO to save its own economy. If this wasn't their own doing why would they try to cover it?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...-blame/608332/
    Biggest troll ever.

I would feel sympathy if they warned the world and took cautions asap but they chose to spread it.
    If we are suffering everyone must suffer.
    That's the CCP mentality.

Now you will say that no proof China made the virus, will they open their city and labs to other authorities for investigation?

One of the firsts things they did was clearing out the animal bazaar, destroying evidences to find patient zero. Why?
    Don't they know finding patient zero is the most important thing?

Germany is rumored to be fudging its numbers a bit. They are allegedly only counting mortality rates from the virus where it was the main cause of death and not cases where it weakened the body to make a preexisting affliction or condition fatal.

It is just rumored but I would be hesitant to take overly positive news at face value just yet.

Or instead of rumors it most likely has to do with the fact that they do a lot of testing and it's the same reason South Korea has low mortality rate. You can control the disease more if you do testing testing testing something the US has failed at miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Or instead of rumors it most likely has to do with the fact that they do a lot of testing and it's the same reason South Korea has low mortality rate. You can control the disease more if you do testing testing testing something the US has failed at miserably.
    I just don't think this is true... I was trained on how to administer the test two weeks ago and granted we may well have a new system by now but I was told it wasn't reliable until it already matured to the point of showing symptoms.

I just don't think this is true... I was trained on how to administer the test two weeks ago and granted we may well have a new system by now but I was told it wasn't reliable until it already matured to the point of showing symptoms.
    Because we decided to make our own tests instead of using tests from or modeled off the WHO tests like most countries have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabe
    Let's put the obvious <bullshit> here.
    You missed a word. Fixed that for you, since you keep peddling the same conspiracy nonsense.

Not man made: https://www.modernhealthcare.com/saf...ic-study-finds

Quote Originally Posted by sabe View Post
    Let's put the obvious here;
    flat earth level billshit
    Don't you have conspiracy websites you can post this shit on? The level of discourse here is bad enough without nutjob conspiracy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I do hope the Chinese government does face repercussions for basically infecting the planet with the Wuhan Pneumonia. At the very least I'd like to see some more recognition for Taiwan, considering they've handled this far more responsibly and transparent than China has. And that's even with them being unfairly kept out of the WHO and other bodies due to China.
    By the time China realized it was bad and locked down it was to late. They did try. It's the lie of completely unrealistic numbers they released that really is an insult to everyone's intelligence. A country of 1.8 billion only have 85k infected and 3500 dead is laughable. They're trying to sell the world on a less the 1% infection rate in just the city of Wuhan alone (pop 11 million) The realistic rates are at minimum 10x higher for both infections and deaths there. If they had told the world this from the start maybe it wouldn't be as bad elsewhere in the world. But as we're seeing now, the almighty dollar rules the roost in every country still. People be damned.
    Last edited by Realtalk; 2020-03-30 at 09:56 AM.

You missed a word. Fixed that for you, since you keep peddling the same conspiracy nonsense.

Not man made: https://www.modernhealthcare.com/saf...ic-study-finds
    Yea?
    So noone got arrested and CCP didn't try to cover up the Chinese Wuhan Virus?
    Poor doctor, he is a hero killed by CCP.
    Many people all around the world killed by CCP.