Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Jesus, are you Me? Everything apart from the paying friends to clean for me is basically spot on.
    Kindred spirits :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm 28, and if i try to pull an all nighter on the weekend, and even if i down like 2 redbulls around midnight im asleep like a baby at 5am.

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    Used to play about 12+ hours every day back in TBC through WOTLK. Now i'm completely drained after raid night.

Edit: I'm 28 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I'm 40 now. I don't want to be challenged in video games anymore. I want to be easily entertained. If a game frustrates me, i stop playing it.
    I can deal with some games challenging me like, the Mage towers in Legion for example, but I don't really have an appetite for hard stuff outside of WoW anymore. The last game I really felt like I had to push to the finish to prove something to myself was one of the Donkey Kong titles for the Wii; which I discovered fairly recently had a reputation for being crazy. I remember a particular level with giant rolling eggs where you had to constantly jump and account for missing gaps and changes in the terrain. Tropical Freeze for the Wii U didn't even have anything quite that crazy.

I'd like to expand on your comment with something I've noticed though; at 39, I've reached the age where I'm pretty happy with old games. I found out that Sonic 2 was on the 3ds download shop and had a great time just farting around with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    I'm 36 and my reactions have slowed down, attention spam diminished, and overall interest vanished like a fart in the wind. Now I understand why people watch uploaders/streamers rather than actually playing a game.
    32 and I get it. I was super hyped for re2 remake, cause you know, loved it as a kid in the 90s. As an adult with two toddlers? I'd rather just watch markiplier as I'm folding laundry or doing dishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    How's your stamina when it comes to playing video games?

I remember being able to pull all nighters and binge play (WoW or other games). For the Cataclysm launch I played 24+ hours.

I'm now 26 years old and don't have the ability to play that much anymore.

After around 2 hours of playing a video game I start to feel strained, tired, and lose focus.

It doesn't seem to be because of prolonged use of electronics. I'm currently recieving 7 hours per day of online classes because of Corona, and don't have an issue with that.

All things considered, I find it somewhat good. It's pushing me away from games (and I personally find that healthy in my life).

Have you experience a loss (or gain) of stamina throught the years?
    Oh for sure. Im 32 now and got no chance of pulling a all-nighter or just staying up very late. If I do stay up late, I gotta pay for it the next day.

I also dont play alot of FPS games anymore. I used to love playing it, but the last FPS I bought was BF5 and there I completed campaign and almost left multiplayer alone. I just kept dying alot lol. The only somewhat FPS I play is Overwatch and when I play it its for a couple of hours at top.

The biggest change for me though is the lack of desire to play games, especially new games. I can see a trailer/gameplay video for a new game and all I can think is "meh, seen it before". And for most of the games I see that I might want to play, end up being forgotten about anyways.

Gaming as a overall hobby for me has drastically diminished over the years. I can literally sit and play a game while thinking "This is boring, why am I even doing it?". Its like I sometimes play games just out of pure habit, its something I have done for so long.

These days I stick to storydriven games for the most part, and those are far in between. I have a wow sub to, so I sometimes log on and do some BGS, dungeons or raids just for a bit of fun(but nothing serious AT ALL). Its like a couple of hours with wow or Overwatch is enough during a week.

I guess the gaming world has changed and so have I.

Have you tried going to the mountain? Not a park. A mountain. A forest, with rocks, rivers, waterfalls, no humans, no buildings, no roads, just a path in the forest.
    Very good advice in this reply as a whole; just posting this snip for space. Also-- I found this great pic on imgur tonight of poppies in bloom somewhere in California.

Games are fun, but stuff like this goes to the core of who we are as people and it matters that it be fed in some way.
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    you are ready for real drugs, son
    Somehow that made me laugh big time
    Thanos should have won..

#NotMyEnding
    #ThanosWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    It's the same for me. No game can make me pull all nighters anymore. I am not sure if it's me or the games. Also, my desire to be competitive and interact with other players in game has also lessened a lot. I basically quited Classic WoW after having a lot of fun levelling once I reached 60 and realized that I have to try to get into 40man raid to progress. Used to push myselft to become as good as possible in SC:BW and SC2 and played WoW quite a lot. Now, I am just dicking around in Hearthstone and singleplayer games like a scrub lol.
    hah same here. Currently im leveling in Classic(yes late to the show) but I just know once I reach 60 i'll just end up quitting rather quickly.

I'm in my 40s and its never changed for me. If I like I game I can keep playing forever.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

32 here and I can't agree about the stamina, maybe because I train almost every day and eat pretty healthy (track calories, macros, etc.) and get 7-8 hours sleep minimum, but I can pull allnighters no problem. If you're having problems with stamina, sleep, motivation, I suggest some training regime, good food and sleep I can relate to everyone else though when it comes to motivation to be competitive, I just don't care to be on the same level as years before and can't force myself to grind even the mandatory "infinite" grinds everyday.

This has led to the discovery that WoW has too much content for a person like me, which is nice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I'm 40 now. I don't want to be challenged in video games anymore. I want to be easily entertained. If a game frustrates me, i stop playing it.
    I feel the same.
    Gone are the days when I kept playing the whole night.
    I still stay up the whole night, but I don't game.
    I also want the games to entertain me. There's no way in hell I'm gonna resort back to grinding. I wish I had this attitude when I went to university 15 years ago lol.

For example the new Half Life Alyx VR game. I was hyped for it, fired it up when it was released, played for 20 minutes thinking what an awesome game. That was one week ago lol, when it was released. Haven't picked it up again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lionofwar87 View Post
    32 and I get it. I was super hyped for re2 remake, cause you know, loved it as a kid in the 90s. As an adult with two toddlers? I'd rather just watch markiplier as I'm folding laundry or doing dishes.

I don't have kids but I fully understand this !!!
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I'm 38 and I'm in the same boat.

I also can barely get 3 hours of solid sleep every night. I spend about an hour in bed, get uncomfortable and/or brain one shut up which stresses me out, move to my computer chair for about 2 hours, then repeat the cycle until my alarm goes off. And now that I work from home, all of the above is even worse. I just don't have the energy to do anything but sit here and stare at my monitors all day long, with the occasional clicking to find the next video/movie to stare at for long periods of time.
    That's anxiety with depression. Probably caused by stress. And then those two spill over from causing your sleep issues into affecting other areas of your life. Talking to a therapist might help. Might not. Another poster said to try the mountains (to reignite passion for gaming), which could help with your sleep issues.

Not saying all this to be hurtful, but to make you act while you still can.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaspar View Post
    That's anxiety with depression. Probably caused by stress. And then those two spill over from causing your sleep issues into affecting other areas of your life. Talking to a therapist might help. Might not. Another poster said to try the mountains (to reignite passion for gaming), which could help with your sleep issues.

Want to support this. Talk to someone. A friend, a therapist, somone online, whatever. Find someone to talk about these things. Also, start to exercise. No need to start a full program. Just take a walk outside, start with a few pushups or whatever. I highly recommend pushups cause even though its so hard in the beginning, its great to see the progress you do over somewhat short timespan.

Be more active and talk to someone. That goes to all of us!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaspar View Post

As someone with formerly severe anxiety, I second this. I woke up one day and got so damn fed up with it I finally asked my mother to call a therapist.
    I ended up getting put on medication, and it's safe to say that it's helped me a lot. I went from being a severe worrier, to getting slightly nervous and then thinking its just something to be worrying about later.

Also going outside and getting fresh air helps too, just make sure you social distance people lol

(well, until this virus scare is over )
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    you are ready for real drugs, son
    10charWhoops

10+ Year Old Account
    I have more of a issue on burnout on some games (playing them to much) and i have to take a break from them (satisfactory for example). But i dont lose my stamina (i will lose it on shit games tho).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 55 and play PC-games since 1996. Sometimes more, sometimes less depending on RL. I have many games in a backlog at GoG and/or Steam. After 13 years of WoW I started a challenge for me, to play less WoW and to play these games of all sorts. Somehow it felt weird to have payed for all these games at one point and just have them in a list and do nothing with them.

At first it was really difficult to choose a game I want to play. Then learn the controls and rules, names and other stuff in other games. Not every game has yellow ! and ? for quests and no markers on the map, if there is one.

I played very old games and new games. From Fallout 1 to Divinity: Original Sin 2 or Oddworld to Red Dead Redemption 2. After two years of doing that, I think it's just a kind of laziness and satiation of the 'today'.

Before the Internet was a thing for everybody, there was one (or 3) games you had at home and you played, because there was nothing else. If you had no clue for a riddle you tried 300 times and waited for a pc-magazine to write some tipps, tricks, cheats or a whole walkthrough. If you were lucky, you had a friend who played the same game and could help you.
    Today if you think it's to 'hard' to do you choose to leave it or try something else or whatever. There are so many impressions and interuptions (social media) all the time, that concentration on one thing must be learned again and enthusiasm has to be build up.

My strategy now:
    - choose a few games for 'next to play'. Doing so with Youtube lets plays to have a look, if I would even start the thing. Some games have really shitty controls and I have motion sickness. So first person games or with camera-mouse doesn't work for me.
    - then install a game from the list, play at least 30 minutes. If I think the game is not as interesting as the advertising says or it looks really bad or I can't get some settings I want, then the game goes to 'garbage can' and I start the next.

With this strategy I found new pleasure with playing for many hours. Newest example: Lords of Xulima installed yesterday and played for 7 hours now.

I can play all night if a game captivates my attention. WoW nowadays have diminishing returns after one point or simply time gating so pulling all nighter on it is neither captivating, nor rewarding.

Games I've done all nighters on lately include AC Odyssey, Divinity OS2, Witcher 3, Stellaris.

Yes, going to work on the next day was horrendous, don't do that.