Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    I think P5 will start earlier as it will take a couple weeks to get the turnins completed.
    People are stockpiling since Classic launch.

Pacing seems fine lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I think it's already been mentioned in the investors call a few weeks ago that they'll ramp up Classic release(s).
    I mean, we're now in a content drought as far as Retail is concerned, they will most likely release AQ & Naxx in Summer / Fall to keep the subs afloat until SL.

That aside, Blizzard also hiring two Software engineers for Classic is a huge hint for TBC servers, not to unlikely that they'll then aim for a release during a mid expansion drought in SL, similiar how Classic released between 8.2 and 8.3.
    I'd be very happy with AQ40 late summer and Naxx this winter. But with ZG we'll have a lot of content to run through, if you have 1-2 lvl 60 alts you could raid all day long.

It is better to go through content in a good pace and complete it in like 6-7 month and be done with wow than artificially extend it for 1,5-2 years so people will be bored and leave before aq/naxx even releases.... For example i have gathered guild with friends and did MC/Ony, crafted sulfuras but got bored to death from awaiting the next tier, so many players has left the game during the phase of uncertainty of next tier release. Of course pvp clusterfuck did it job there as well, was a huge dissapointmnet for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually thinking that announcing TBC already and starting working on it would be good, especially in recent times.

I play Classic from its start on August, and while I enjoy its social aspects and hardcore leveling (all that TBC preserves and even expands!), classes feel incomplete and gross class / racial imbalance (especially in PvP) plus idiotic itemization (I really hate that) is starting to get on nerves.

Thus, the fact that Ret has to rely on auto attack. It's the worst of the worst of the worst aspect of Vanilla, at least for me.
    And, of course, cancerous honor system, that rewards nolifing for 15 hours / day rather than any skillful gameplay of any kind.

This honor system is BAD, BAD, BAD. How can anyone possibly enjoy that stupid shit of a system when you literally have to play for whole days as if it becomes second job, is beyond me. It has to go. And the only way it would go is getting TBC.

TBC is also classic, as far as I'm concerned, but with much needed improvements. It is 1000000 times better than Vanilla. Now, than I had the experience of playing both, I can see that clearly.

I hope we won't have to wait too long.

P.S. Ofc, leave an option for all who prefer Vanilla, to stay on 4-5 realms which won't get upgraded to TBC.
    P.P.S. For those, who will say - if it's so bad, why are you playing it and not retail? - Well, it is STILL better than BFA, but its no way near TBC. Not even close. Also - I'm making a foundation for future TBC plans - gold, professions, characters ready to enjoy the real thing when it comes.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2020-03-21 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    P.P.S. For those, who will say - if it's so bad, why are you playing it and not retail? - Well, it is STILL better than BFA, but its no way near TBC. Not even close. Also - I'm making a foundation for future TBC plans - gold, professions, characters ready to enjoy the real thing when it comes.
    Look at you, giving retail the big ol middle finger in a Classic WoW safe space! Your parents must be so proud of you. Can you tell us your thoughts on Ion Hazzikostas as game designer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Your parents must be so proud of you.
    My parents are both around 70 years old, and they have different reasons to be proud of me, thanks.

Dunno, if it's about Hazzikostas or designers in general. But I enjoyed WoD more, than Legion and BFA both. At least WoD PvP was still fun.

The game is fucking dying. People are quitting at an alarming pace due to lack of content. If anything they should release new content even faster so people stop going back to retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    The game is fucking dying. People are quitting at an alarming pace due to lack of content. If anything they should release new content even faster so people stop going back to retail.
    The heck did you expect to happen on a re-release of a game? People will see the content and leave it. Obviously many will stay because they hardcore prefer Classic to retail, but for many it was a way to re-experience or experience it again.

My parents are both around 70 years old, and they have different reasons to be proud of me, thanks.

Dunno, if it's about Hazzikostas or designers in general. But I enjoyed WoD more, than Legion and BFA both. At least WoD PvP was still fun.
    This. Wod actually had pvp. Bfa pvp is a joke. You literally pop all your cds and cc a team perfectly now and maybe get the player to 40%, just gotta wait for more dampening. Zzzzz. Not to mention that azerite spray spell is the most pepega thing I've ever seen anyone use

I think the content is definitely releasing faster than i anticipated but i think it's at a good pace. The thing is - as they've alluded to in the past, TBC Classic would be much easier from a technical standpoint than WoW:Classic. The playerbase is destroying content, so the second they see their sub numbers dwindling they know from a business point of view it's time to start looking at the next release of content.

They're going to plan on releasing TBC:Classic this time next year. When they do - they will move all classic characters up to TBC and re-release WoW:Classic from fresh servers. This was the Classic community will have something new in TBC, or at the very least have the ability to have the fun all over again from fresh (which is half of the fun, rushing against other players to cap and lead).

This is the smart business decision, wether it's the best decision for the game is another question. What we do know for sure is that Blizzard have gone from "quality, when it's ready its ready" to "ship it, make £, compromise on quality where appropriate"

Blizzard is an awesome company, so far

I'm actually thinking that announcing TBC already and starting working on it would be good, especially in recent times.

I play Classic from its start on August, and while I enjoy its social aspects and hardcore leveling (all that TBC preserves and even expands!), classes feel incomplete and gross class / racial imbalance (especially in PvP) plus idiotic itemization (I really hate that) is starting to get on nerves.

Thus, the fact that Ret has to rely on auto attack. It's the worst of the worst of the worst aspect of Vanilla, at least for me.
    And, of course, cancerous honor system, that rewards nolifing for 15 hours / day rather than any skillful gameplay of any kind.

This honor system is BAD, BAD, BAD. How can anyone possibly enjoy that stupid shit of a system when you literally have to play for whole days as if it becomes second job, is beyond me. It has to go. And the only way it would go is getting TBC.

TBC is also classic, as far as I'm concerned, but with much needed improvements. It is 1000000 times better than Vanilla. Now, than I had the experience of playing both, I can see that clearly.

P.S. Ofc, leave an option for all who prefer Vanilla, to stay on 4-5 realms which won't get upgraded to TBC.
    Y'all assuming you get to take characters from classic to the burning crusade classic.....
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

10+ Year Old Account

Someone rolled Ret without reading the billions of warning threads that we posted prior to Classic being released.

Seriously, you came into this with your eyes wide open and taking issue with things now is no one's fault but your own.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Less of race/class imbalance or honor system for me, but more just how janky the questing was in Vanilla. 1-20 and 60-70 leveling is just strictly better because of TBC belf and draenei zones. Not only are they just better designed, but they include the revolutionary thing for its time: Actual Quest Hubs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone rolled Ret without reading the billions of warning threads that we posted prior to Classic being released.
    First char was a Priest. Tho.
    I just don't like playing anything as much as I love Ret. From 2007 (TBC) onwards - it's quite a lot of time. I got used to.

Tbh, I achieved maximum I could on my Ret nevertheless, got decent PvP rank, got BRE, Im decked in BWL epics.
    But still, it has god awful mechanics.

It is so easy to fix tho.... Just as it is easy to fix few other non-finished specs in Vanilla. Crusader Strike was even in Beta.

Sadly tho, we got an army of ignorant #nochange fanatics (I bet 90% of these abuse Warrior / Mage / Orc racial in PvP), and that pretty much ruins my hopes of having real fun with Ret until TBC.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2020-03-27 at 09:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    So Phase 4 is coming way early (assumed) then the player base thought it would happen. Classic WoW was released on Aug 26th, 2019. Its been 6 months since release and will be 8 months when phase 4 comes out.

With the way we are going, we will have Naxx come November and Classic WoW wouldn't even be at its 1.5 year mark. Why is Blizzard rushing this content out?

I, myself, wouldn't mind if Phase 4 came out in July or Aug. I don't think 3.5 months of BWL before ZG(due by end April) is necessary. I hope I'm not alone on this.

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...r-wow-classic/
    Sounds like it is adjusted to player activity.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sounds like it is adjusted to player activity.
    I don't really see a reason to keep the time table of classic itself. The gaps were from development not from any kind of planned pacing.