Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Be thankful that it's not being removed with every new expansion. Just keep your head down and grind it, you'll get it eventually.

5+ Year Old Account
    this is turning into a private server

I'd prefer if they just outright made a weekly event focused around legacy collections. It could be something like a guaranteed piece of transmoggable bonus loot from every boss killed with legacy loot active, and maybe a doubled chance for mount drops during the week.

Since most mount drops are still around the 1%, that'd merely put them at 2% etc, so nothing "gamebreaking"
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

they could add a effort reward buff.
    i know people with 700 kills to get Onyxia mount.
    why not an increased drop chance every time you fail to get it?

a extra 0.1% drop every time you fail or maybe 0.05%

if people is farmign it with 100+ kill they deserve a kind of "determination buff"

1% is fine, anyone complaining about 1% should be ignored. It's the super rare ones, the 0.03% drops, they are the problem. Basically just MoP worldbosses and Rukhmar. And yes, Soundless also-- it isn't quite as rare as Sha's but he spawns much slower.

And I have one of the MoP worldboss mounts and the Soundless mount myself, if that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Biggest issue I feel with farming mounts is there's no end to how unlucky you can be. I farmed Stratholme on and off for about 10 years before I finally got that horse in Legion with over 2000 runs in total whereas some other people got that horse just by luck through leveling or in 10 clears or whatever.
    So? thats the same for me and the love rocket. 10 years on 20+ chars each year to get this pink di***

So, yes its rng and it shouldnt be changed its fine as its now.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnmen01 View Post
    With all of the awesome changes Blizzard has made in the last few weeks. How about increasing the chance for mounts to drop off bosses? I have been spending a lot more time playing while being stuck at home. If the XP buff is lasting a month, that's four weekly resets, that's four chances at a particular boss. So a .1% drop rate, say it was increased to a 10% drop chance which i agree is HUGE increase is still only good for 4 runs.
    I mount farm a lot as my primary activity. I gear my toons to be powerful enough to do previous content raids for transmog and mounts. I buy my heroic AOTC carry so that I can have the mount. It saves farming it next (or the one after) expansion for a 1% "listed" drop rate. Listed is in parenthesis because as a player, you really have no reliable source for the drop rate. Blizzard has just applied the usual drop rate to most raid boss mounts. They have also managed to remove them from the loot table occasionally and had to put them back after player questioning. Those who get a mount usually think everything is fine as would someone who wins at a slot machine. I have what I consider to be a lot of rare mounts that were farmed over more than a decade and I don't think things are fine. I feel that RNG is a discouraging/disappointing aspect of the game for a large number of folks who farm a mount. Over 1K kills and still no Invincible? That to me is not a good system. 400+ kills and no Zulian Panther? Not very good if you haven't gotten it yet.

1. Bad Luck Protection: for me, it worked very well in Legion concerning Legendaries. It gave me the incentive that provided I did certain activities, I would gain a Legendary (not a targeted one). Add a protection buff for that specific mount of perhaps .75% per run on each character that you use. If you want to have 50 toons that you farm mounts with or one toon....you would have knowledge of working towards an attainable goal and still rely on some aspect of RNG that is improving. You still do the required activity (mount run) because you know that it is slowly working to move the odds in your favor even to the point of 100% drop chance.

2. Mount Tokens: every toon that makes a mount run gains a token specific to that mount. Make them account bound not character specific. If you are a farmer with 35 toons that run ICC for Invincible, then you would have 35 tokens per week for him. Set a cost of 500 tokens for that mount. In a bit over 3 1/2 months you would have enough tokens to buy him. Sounds outrageous timewise except that the amount of runs is the same as one toon taking almost 10 years to do the same. Unfair to folks with less toons able to farm him? Right now there is a 100% XP boost on for leveling.... make more high level toons and go farm.

My mounts don't provide me with much epeen.... I don't hang around the door of the Great Seal like a peacock. They provide me with graphic satisfaction and I don't care how many folks ride the same mount. I don't care how they got it. Bought it off the BMAH, bought a carry, got lucky first run, finally got it after 2K runs. I really don't care as long as they are happy with what they have to ride. If you don't like Tokens....throw yours out after every run. Don't like Bad Luck Protection....throw your first two mount drops away and ride the third. Change the system to give folks a tangible idea of the mount drop. As in all things concerning WoW....stay safe and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Do I really have to remind some people there that the droprates are low so that you keep playing?
    Some bad luck protection would be nice.

And no, elitist ego's will survive other people getting the same stuff.

"Oh no, you were 10 when it came out and couldnt play, so fuck you!"

Great argument, while also totally ignoring the whole run selling, which means you could literally buy the mount via real money from buying gold for the run.
    Yep token should also be removed its cancer of this game.

Ya I am fine with this, why are so many dead set on no?

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    So? thats the same for me and the love rocket. 10 years on 20+ chars each year to get this pink di***

So, yes its rng and it shouldnt be changed its fine as its now.
    Thing is it feels good if you get that rare item but it's also kind of a flawed system. If you like doing Love Rocket on 20 chars daily for 2 weeks for 10 years that's fine, but personally I think there's small changes they could make so it's less punishing for those who have farmed it for an insane amount of times.

Thing is it feels good if you get that rare item but it's also kind of a flawed system. If you like doing Love Rocket on 20 chars daily for 2 weeks for 10 years that's fine, but personally I think there's small changes they could make so it's less punishing for those who have farmed it for an insane amount of times.
    Lets be honest... almost NOBODY likes to do this, we do it because some kind of OCD (must have all mentality) and when you finally get it, you are not happy that you got it but its like "fuck finally this shit will never see me again". World boss mounts and love rocket are compleatly stupid things to farm and only people with somekind of OCD farms them for years... I was one of those that was doing it for years, with 30-40+ chars some years and i needed literally mentally said to my self STOP, this shit is not healthy, now i do world bosses or dont (99% of weeks i dont, or if i do do it with only couple of chars, after thousands of kills already), however i still do love rocket with as many chars as im eligible with that years (usually 20+).... because its "only 2 weeks, i can suffer for 2 weeks"....

Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR1 View Post
    Lets be honest... almost NOBODY likes to do this, we do it because some kind of OCD (must have all mentality) and when you finally get it, you are not happy that you got it but its like "fuck finally this shit will never see me again". World boss mounts and love rocket are compleatly stupid things to farm and only people with somekind of OCD farms them for years... I was one of those that was doing it for years, with 30-40+ chars some years and i needed literally mentally said to my self STOP, this shit is not healthy, now i do world bosses or dont (99% of weeks i dont, or if i do do it with only couple of chars, after thousands of kills already), however i still do love rocket with as many chars as im eligible with that years (usually 20+).... because its "only 2 weeks, i can suffer for 2 weeks"....
    I can relate and I feel that pain with some farms (Love Rocket however I kinda gave up on and I just do it daily on 1-2 chars now) but would anyone really complain if they added some 'bad luck protection' in the form of the droprate increasing a bit once you hit certain numbers - let's say every 100 attempts you gain a few % on the droprate of the love rocket - because after all you can only farm it for 2 weeks in a whole year. Certain raid mounts are a pain as well, something like Siege that takes like 45 mins to run through even at max level and you can only do it once per week per character. Is it really that bad if they added a system that gave you a higher droprate after you hit certain crazy numbers?

I can relate and I feel that pain with some farms (Love Rocket however I kinda gave up on and I just do it daily on 1-2 chars now) but would anyone really complain if they added some 'bad luck protection' in the form of the droprate increasing a bit once you hit certain numbers - let's say every 100 attempts you gain a few % on the droprate of the love rocket - because after all you can only farm it for 2 weeks in a whole year. Certain raid mounts are a pain as well, something like Siege that takes like 45 mins to run through even at max level and you can only do it once per week per character. Is it really that bad if they added a system that gave you a higher droprate after you hit certain crazy numbers?
    Well, i wouldnt, since i lack more then half of them, however i understand some that suffered and eventually managed to get all would be "slightly salty ". Look when you have couple of thousands of kills and you still dont have mounts, you wish they would increase drop chance, however also you need to look from other side, if you have couple of thousands of kills and manage to get them all, you would get salty they didnt increase drop chance when you farmed to, to make things easier for you... Also other thing is, if this "bad luck" protection would not be for account wide kills, its kinda pointless because imagine getting to 100 kills on single char on world boss that you can kill once/week, thats almost 2 years for what 1% more?... thats almost nothing... or love rocket when you can do 14 kills whole year on a single char... i dont think mounts with 1% drop chance should be fixed really, that can be farmed with few 10s of alts in timely manner, however mounts that have 1:2000 or worse, i feel really really sad during love rocket event when you see peoples addons that goes 7000, 10000 kills... and still no love rocket (when i have like half of those kills) -.-

Quote Originally Posted by gunnmen01 View Post
    With all of the awesome changes Blizzard has made in the last few weeks. How about increasing the chance for mounts to drop off bosses? I have been spending a lot more time playing while being stuck at home. If the XP buff is lasting a month, that's four weekly resets, that's four chances at a particular boss. So a .1% drop rate, say it was increased to a 10% drop chance which i agree is HUGE increase is still only good for 4 runs.
    Nah. Do the raidmounts when content is current and the others are luck-prestige mounts. If everyone has them no one uses them and they are worth nothing other than another üpoint to the mount achivement.

I've been farming for the stone drake mount drop in the deep Holm dungeon since Cata launched. Still no drop all these years later

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Yep token should also be removed its cancer of this game.
    I mostly meant before the token, when gold sellers were more popular. On the other hand - tokens do allow people with little income to play the game for free, if they can grind enough gold. Not sure they need to go...

Almost 500 guldan kills and still no green mount fml

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Druidzorz View Post
    I have over 1300 kills on ICC25H and still no mount. I wouldn't care if the drop chance was changed if it let me get my mount
    This is why i push for raid tokens.

Every boss in a raid drops a currency "Fragment of icecrown citidal"
    At the start of the raid is a vendor, you can unlock transmog for specific pieces, for your class, and your other classes.
    You can also use it to get pets, transmogs, mounts, and eventually once you have everything, gold.

3 clears for a full transmog set for 1 class
    30 clears for the mount.
    2 clears per pet.

so on so forth
    and do this for ALL of the raids
    (Either have transmog sets, or literally have every single piece of gear on the vendor)

I have been asking fo this, forever, but people dont rally behind it.

WE MUST GROUP TOGETHER, TO GET THIS VENDOR IN!
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Honestly i don't care too much, i have like 87 mounts, i am by no means a mount farmer, but i do have an idea and i am curious as to what people think about it.

So a problem is that if you wanna start farming a mount, it can take weeks, months or even years to get it, which is ridiculous. Any mount with a 1% chance to drop, on a weekly lockout, would take on average 100 weeks to get, which is close to 2 years, and i don't even know if some mounts have even lower drop rates, but i wouldn't be surprised.
    If you wanna get into mount farming, then this ridiculous idea of doing the same farm every week and only expect to get it after 2 years, is something that not many people wanna can get over. That was on average, but it can easily take longer. The chance of not having obtained it in 200 attempts, which is roughly 4 years, is around 13%, and we don't even consider things that happen with 13% chance to be that unlucky.

What if we make it somewhat deterministic, or infinitely farmable. As i said, i am not in the mount community, and i am not sure if the prestige in a certain mount comes from the hard work you put into getting it, or if it is from the luck you had to get it, but if it is the ladder, then that is really fucking dumb.

Making it deterministic would mean that it would be guaranteed after say 50 attempts. The amount can always be tweaked, but i feel like farming it for a year straight should award it. I do see the problem someone might have with this, where they spent maybe 100-200 attempts and would be mad that someone got it given after "only" 50.

Then we could make it bad luck protection so that the chance of getting it is higher after every time you didn't loot it. That way we could still make it so you get it on average after 100 attempts, but to get it after 200 attempts is all the way down to 1% or something like that, it can be tuned.

Last option is to not make it lockout. I know that this could have implications in raw gold farm of old raid, but what i am suggesting is making it so the mount is not on lockout, meaning that if you kill last boss and reset, then on your next run, no mobs or bosses have loot, except for mounts, but still with the same drop chance and no bad luck protection. With this you will still have to put in just as much work as someone who had already gotten it, difference is that you're not locked behind years of just waiting. I am not sure how mount farmers feel about this. Would you be mad if someone got a mount you put in, say 50 hours spread over 2 years, in 50 hours over 2 weeks because they grinded it out? We can even tune it so that if you go for infinite farmable, then it has half the drop chance, so they work twice as hard as you, but skip the waiting time?

As it is now, the barrier to entry for the mount community is huge. Sure you can always join it, but you'll never be anything in that community until you have some mounts and that can easily take years due to the RNG nature, and that just means that the mount community will become smaller and smaller, cause no one wants to join it, and the only players in that community are people who have already farmed them for years and can focus on new mounts, instead of new players having to farm several raids for years to get a mount.

After 300 mounts, I realized I didn't use ANY of them. I've legitimately been using the Ghastly Charger since WoD (and the Aqua Strider for leveling when pathfinder hasn't been achieved).