Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Would you like "Chromie Time: Classic"?

So, the new leveling feature Chromie Time let me think ... what if Blizzard releases the classic zones and old Naxxramas via Chromie Time? They have the client via Classic anyways ^.^ - could even make it a timewalking event or something and make it scale to max level instead of optional leveling content?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    So, the new leveling feature Chromie Time let me think ... what if Blizzard releases the classic zones and old Naxxramas via Chromie Time? They have the client via Classic anyways ^.^ - could even make it a timewalking event or something and make it scale to max level instead of optional leveling content?
    As long is naxx wont reward gear and cosmetics to preserve its value than sure.

3+ Year Old Account
    You had me at "Chromie".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    As long is naxx wont reward gear and cosmetics to preserve its value than sure.
    Why? Would it be so bad to bring them back? I have most mage tower skins and 4 MoP CM sets and wouldn't be mad if they would bring that back either via timewalking ^^

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Why? Would it be so bad to bring them back? I have most mage tower skins and 4 MoP CM sets and wouldn't be mad if they would bring that back either via timewalking ^^
    Atiesh and Corrupted Ashbringer both deserve their limited status.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    They don't.

It would be nice to actually be able to collect everything, so it would be a yes for me.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

You would becouse you cant simulate effort getting those items from the past as classes worked diferently and effort would not match with reward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    It would be cool.

They don't.
    Yes they do. And only reason why people want it back is becouse its exclusive status which would be removed by bringing them back and only people with OCD problems would care until they got it and forgget about it next day.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Yes they do. And only reason why people want it back is becouse its exclusive status which would be removed by bringing them back and only people with OCD problems would care until they got it and forgget about it next day.
    No they don't.

People want them back because it would be cool to wield staff like Atiesh - or even better, the possibility of wielding it is nice, and there's no reason to have those old rewards re-introduced, especially if a system like the one proposed by the OP was implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the damage is too big game design wise. to me the best choice would be to be able to transfer a character back and forth as we like between classic and retail.

Nah not really. I also don't think the PVP Elite Gear, Challenger or Magetower should be timelocked. Skilllocked? Yes definitly. Not Timelocked.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    I think the damage is too big game design wise. to me the best choice would be to be able to transfer a character back and forth as we like between classic and retail.
    I would actually be cool with beeing able to transfer a classic character to retail, one way.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Nah not really. I also don't think the PVP Elite Gear, Challenger or Magetower should be timelocked. Skilllocked? Yes definitly. Not Timelocked.
    They should definitely be time locked especially since the game evolved A LOT between Cata to nowadays - and I mean that it has been dumbed down now three expansions in a row to a point where the player barely has any influence regarding its performance, thanks to a non-existant gameplay built around passive powers and effects tied up to extreme RNG, like Diablo.

A lot of players wearing a 1800 "elite" (lmao) set in Legion / BFA wouldn't even be able to reach 1500 in Wrath or Cata.

Rewards should be time locked as they belong to a patch, to an expansion, to a snapshot of the game state at this moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    It would be cool.

They don't.
    They actually do. There's no reason to give rewards to players who didn't engage in the content when it was current. Want the current rewards ? Engage in content and be good at the game. Simple as that. It's not like it's not possible to collect like 99% of the once prestigious rewards in the game for free except some very rare stuff anyway. Leave the players who got those "unobtainable anymore" rewards alone.

How so? Most people got both durring TbC when it was faceroll. If naxx would have been removed with tbc launch maybe. But now its just a joke

- - - Updated - - -

Most didnt get them when it was current tho @Philomene

They've had it for 15 years... let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    How so? Most people got both durring TbC when it was faceroll. If naxx would have been removed with tbc launch maybe. But now its just a joke

- - - Updated - - -

Most didnt get them when it was current tho @Philomene
    I know. Doesn't mean they should make the situation even worse. I know it's an unpopular opinion and a bad marketing move because it keeps people who play for the collections subbed and make the old raids being ran, but I'd remove the heroic/mythic boss mounts after the tier is over. I mean this game needs more prestige, not more free stuff thrown at our faces. But that's not what they want anyway and they want people to be able to get all the prestige stuff since they introduced the WoW token that completely free'd the boost / carry / pilot market that plagued PvP for years (and I guess no one cares about it by now anyway). Introducing that crap completely devaluated all in game rewards. The WoW token is to me the worst addition to the game, I could cope with a trash story / classes / gameplay / systems but not with the token.

But whats the point to keep them limited? So that people who were lucky to not sell it after getting it in tbc now can act like classic gods? they lost all their prestige outsite of not being in the game anymore. The only ones you do a favor with that are people who didnt work for it in the first place to stop people from getting it who dont work for it ?

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    But whats the point to keep them limited? So that people who were lucky to not sell it after getting it in tbc now can act like classic gods? they lost all their prestige outsite of not being in the game anymore. The only ones you do a favor with that are people who didnt work for it in the first place to stop people from getting it who dont work for it ?
    What's the point of a cosmetic reward then ? The very point of a cosmetic reward (or what is now a cosmetic reward since we're not using Vanilla or BC gear anymore) is to show off. And what's wrong with that ? People like to show off, that's the very reason there are SO MANY cosmetics and collectibles in game right now. If people weren't about showing off we would be in a game with 2 mounts per race, only PvP titles aaaaand probably no tmog.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    They actually do. There's no reason to give rewards to players who didn't engage in the content when it was current. Want the current rewards ? Engage in content and be good at the game. Simple as that. It's not like it's not possible to collect like 99% of the once prestigious rewards in the game for free except some very rare stuff anyway. Leave the players who got those "unobtainable anymore" rewards alone.
    No, they actually don't.

There's no reason to remove rewards once a form of content stops being "current", otherwise nothing before BfA would provide rewards. Glory achievs? No rewards since they aren't current. Old reputation rewards? Not relevant, no reward.

Content being current or not isn't a reason to remove a reward, simple as that.

if the content is brought back with scaling so people have to put the same effort in to get them as they did fifteen years ago then why does it matter that they're available?