In Switzerland, the government is having all private clinics and hospitals emptied, with all non essential interventions postponed, in order to face the shock coming in april/may.

In France, death numbers might be worse, as apparently only identified patients dying in a hospital structure are counted in the Coronavirus statistics, leaving the already numerous elderly dying in retirement homes unaccounted for. A lot of those structures do not even have caregivers at night apparently, and hardly any oxygen tanks, so they could be even denied palliative care...
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

10+ Year Old Account
    @sabe Damn, the "it is man made" thing blew up on you, quick shift gears and start throwing skewed questions!

There is no "Chinese Wuhan Virus" outside of Trumpistan. There is COVID-19.

He turned out to be a hero, but he was an ophthalmologist who might have sparked a panic with incomplete information. China was already dealing with African Swine Flu, real Black Death style plague, and at least one kind of avian flu. No, he was not "killed by the CCP".

"The CCP" Damn, Xi must love you! As much as the Party has tried to regroup and push that line hard after Bo, the saying that the mountains are high and the Emperor far away is alive and well. Behind the smiles and tea, it is a group of princelings, former leaders' political factions, and regional shenanigans. What was done at local levels or side channels is about as much "the CCP" as any dumbass move in US state politics is "the US". It is a virus; it doesn't really give a damn how you vote, but Trumpistan is very deliberately putting the rest of the world at risk as Trumpmenbashi asks for more praise. That may well bump up the world's death toll.

The various politicians can go back to their regularly scheduled poo flinging politics later, but right now it isn't fixing anything.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

ITT: Americans blame China for the coronavirus, but their own Dear Leader was pushing the hilarious narrative that the virus was a Chinese/Democrat hoax for weeks and months.

It really doesn't work that way, but keep shifting the blame when it was the complacent US that led to their own emergency situation.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I find it hilarious when dictators get their panties in a wad because someone made fun of them on the internet. Like really dude? You're the President of China and a Winnie the Pooh meme upsets you? Grow up dude. I remember when I was five . . .
    Its just another excuse to control the people.

Your house is on fire, it has been for a while, but instead of calling the firefighters to save what's left of it, you're trying to find out who started the fire.

That politicians do this is despicable, but they only think in terms, elections and popularity contests, so I can understand why they do it. That the population does it, when it doesn't benefit them at all, is just stupid.

@shadowmouse
    Man made thing didn't blow at all.
    Still the "why" stands for cleaning out the animal market. Destroying all the evidence.
    Still no answers why CCP tried cover this since 2019?
    No answers why they arrested all those people while they were telling the truth.

Why? Why would you try to hide something natural?
    Why do allow people die?

Doctor may cause panic? All those Chinese people who prolly infected travelled to different cities AND many Chinese moved right after they announced quarantine.
    No the doctor tried to save lives while CCP tried to kill.
    Even Wuhan governer said CCP was late.

How will you defend CCP telling WHO that there is no transaction between humans? This is murder.
    Blood on the hands of CCP.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WHO/statu...43229427761152
    Let's place the murder evidence here.

I am sure CCP sent this here.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Abdugheni...50059369185280
    Last edited by sabe; 2020-03-30 at 11:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sabe View Post
    @shadowmouse
    Man made thing didn't blow at all.
    Still the "why" stands for cleaning out the animal market. Destroying all the evidence.
    Still no answers why CCP tried cover this since 2019?
    No answers why they arrested all those people while they were telling the truth.
    Covid was not a known virus in 2019, and its believed to have already spread to Italy back then.

Why? Why would you try to hide something natural?
    Why do allow people die?
    To controll the populace.
    Because they don't care if people die.

Doctor may cause panic? All those Chinese people who prolly infected travelled to different cities AND many Chinese moved right after they announced quarantine.
    No the doctor tried to save lives while CCP tried to kill.
    Even Wuhan governer said CCP was late.
    Wuhan's own response was terrible, you just want them to shift the blame?
    Or you don't think local authorities are as authoritarian as the federal government?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Covid was not a known virus in 2019, and its believed to have already spread to Italy back then.
    .....what?

You do know the name of the virus is covid-19?

Guess where the 19 comes from.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Earliest case detected on 17 November. So yeah it was a known virus in 2019.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soci...se-traced-back

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Realtalk View Post
    Earliest case detected on 17 November. So yeah it was a known virus in 2019.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soci...se-traced-back
    Key word is "Traced back".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    .....what?

You do know the name of the virus is covid-19?

Guess where the 19 comes from.
    Yeah, we know it got traced back to 2019, it did not have a name all way back in November.

edit - seems it was discovered on 30 dec... seems I was off by 2 days, never the less, the point stands that it spread way before it.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2020-03-30 at 12:02 PM.

Key word is "Traced back".

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, we know it got traced back to 2019, it did not have a name all way back in November.
    Well by December 8th the Chinese arrested doctors trying to spread the word of new "deadly pneumonia" So yeah...it was known.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Realtalk View Post
    Well by December 8th the Chinese arrested doctors trying to spread the word of new "deadly pneumonia" So yeah...it was known.
    He had no idea it was a new virus.

Which strategy do you think is the best? Total lockdown à la Spain and Italy, or the way we in Sweden handle it where barely anything is closed (only cinemas, concert halls etc), where the government trusts the people to do the right thing instead of enforcing it with an iron fist?

I think we are doing the right thing, actually. We have far less cases than most countries in western Europe, even if you are counting in cases per million inhabitants. Sure, we have some restrictions such as that you can't have public events with more than 50 people, but restaurants, bars, schools, parks etc. are still open.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    lol... because we're not testing everyone...

https://www.expressen.se/nyheter/cor...tt-testa-fler/
    Most countries aren't testing everyone by now. Only the most serious cases. There simply aren't enough tests going around. It's not something unique to us.

He and his colleagues had experience with SRAS, and to them it looked similar enough to warrant a concern, concerns that were clamped down by the CCP, with good old signed retractation and process destruction in the pure soviet and maoist style.

On another note, todays noon count for Switzerland :

15k cases total (+1201/24h)
    315 deaths total

About 20 french patients needing ICU were airlifted to different swiss hospital. So far our hospitals are not yet saturated.
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

As early as the second week of December, Wuhan doctors were finding cases that indicated a new virus was spreading from one human to another. Christmas day 2 doctors contract the new disease and are quarantined.

These are all easily found with google. Plenty of stories out there. But by all means keep trying to play semantics to make yourself feel better

15+ Year Old Account
    By the way, as you might know - the Finnish-Swedish border has been closed for like two weeks or so, yet essential work related crossing etc. has been allowed.

Now it has come apparent that most of the corona cases in northern Finland have been traced to a Swedish connection so it might be that the border will be closed for work travel soon, too. So only freight trucks are allowed to cross the border, nobody else.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Current situation in Portugal:
    44206 suspected cases
    11482 under autorities vigilance
    4845 waiting for lab result
    6408 confirmed cases
    446 cases in the last 24h (minus 346 then yeasterday, second consecutive day were the number of cases drops)
    571 in hospital
    164 on ICU

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
    https://covid19.min-saude.pt/ponto-d...l-em-portugal/
    https://covid19.min-saude.pt/wp-cont...03/i026097.pdf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    Most countries aren't testing everyone by now. Only the most serious cases. There simply aren't enough tests going around. It's not something unique to us.
    But those countries are actively trying to prevent the spread. Relatively speaking, (relative to the various lock downs, business/school closures, mandatory social distancing, banning of gatherings of any size, etc.) Sweden has done hardly anything to stop or even slow the spread.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    But those countries are actively trying to prevent the spread. Relatively speaking, (relative to the various lock downs, business/school closures, mandatory social distancing, banning of gatherings of any size, etc.) Sweden has done hardly anything to stop or even slow the spread.
    Which is why I'm asking what people think is the better strategy. We don't isolate and have a complete lockdown, yet we have less people infected than countries that do, even when counting cases per million inhabitants.