10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    They start calculating from midnight GMT+0 which means half the calculating day is gone already. We only have 15k new cases thus far. 333 new cases in the US. You'll see at the end of the day

- - - Updated - - -

We'll shall see again at the end of the day. The slowdown is real
    The number of cases goes up and down quite often, as you can see in the daily graphs of these countries.
    https://www.worldometers.info/corona...y/switzerland/
    https://www.worldometers.info/corona...ntry/portugal/

Given the 5 day average incubation periode, you need at least 5 days going down to take any conclusions. If you check the Switzerland graph you will notice they went down 3 consecutive days, and then they spiked again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nearly 40 new deaths in Sweden. Looks like their Folkhemmet human experiment is starting to shape into the disaster everyone else thought it would.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You seem to not understand data and statistics. Yesterday could be a slight outlier, we've had them before, as I pointed out. There's simply not enough data to show that it's trending downward. Basing your beliefs off a single data point is reckless. As of now, from your own source, it's still trending upwards, especially in the United States.

So, unless you are going to say that your claim is also true for the 21st, then I'd recommend waiting for considerably more data.
    I‘m optimistic because the fall in numbers was substantial yesterday. And no it is not trending outwards. Half the day gone 333 new cases compared to 18k total yesterday
    Last edited by lockybalboa; 2020-03-30 at 01:04 PM.

I‘m optimistic because the fall in numbers was substantial yesterday.
    It was substantial on the 21st...

I guess it was all getting better 9 days ago, but someone forgot to tell the virus.

We shall see in a week. I prefer to base my opinion on data, and not "optimism."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Johnson and Johnson say their vaccine will be ready for human testing in September.

Six months is a lot faster than the original projections of 12 to 18.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Human TESTING in September. Large scale production and distribution in early 2021.

Now the latter part depends on many things like a) does the vaccine even work b) is it safe c) does the large scale production work

So if everything goes perfectly we might see a vaccine in early to mid 2021. That's still a looooooooooong time from now.

It would be great if they can achieve that, but I wouldn't start holding my breath just yet.
    https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news...ovid-19-begins

The US National Institute of Health has already started human trials on one vaccine, developed by the NIH's NIAID (National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases) and a company called Moderna, Inc.

But even if this vaccine works, Dr. Fauci says it probably won't be available until late next flu season (early 2021).

It was substantial on the 21st...

I guess it was all getting better 9 days ago, but someone forgot to tell the virus.

We shall see in a week. I prefer to base my opinion on data, and not "optimism."
    I'm basing my optimism based on latest figures as well. Guess I'm a party pooper lmao.

I'm basing my optimism based on latest figures as well. Guess I'm a party pooper lmao.
    So, you would have been just as optimistic on the 21st, and you would have been wrong.

I'll await more data points, and base my opinion on that.

So, you would have been just as optimistic on the 21st, and you would have been wrong.

I'll await more data points, and base my opinion on that.
    Sorry to poop your party but facts are facts. 15% dip in new cases yesterday. And today a decline is still trending.

Sorry to poop your party but facts are facts. 20% dip in new cases yesterday. And today a decline is still trending.
    And the fact is the same thing has happened multiple times for a single day, as was pointed out.

That's like saying that global warming was gone in 1999, because 1998 was so extraordinarily warm. There is a reason you wait for more data, just in case it's an outlier... as we saw on all those previous days when the number of cases declined.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_temperature_record

And the fact is the same thing has happened multiple times for a single day, as was pointed out.

That's like saying that global warming was gone in 1999, because 1998 was so extraordinarily warm. There is a reason you wait for more data, just in case it's an outlier... as we saw on all those previous days when the number of cases declined.
    So anything wrong with my previous posts? Feel free to point out. There was a noticeable decline yesterday and further decline today is trending.

So anything wrong with my previous posts? Feel free to point out. There was a noticeable decline yesterday and further decline today is trending.
    I already pointed it out, it could be an outlier. I already pointed out similar dates when the number of cases declined, and they were also outliers.

That. Was. Covered.

That's why I said we should wait for more data points, before making assertions. You said:

Fuck yeah!The virus is slowly dying down already. The doom preachers are gonna boohoo themselves to sleep woot
    You could have just as easily said the same thing on those other days I pointed out, and you'd be wrong. That's why waiting for more data is prudent.

I‘m optimistic because the fall in numbers was substantial yesterday. And no it is not trending outwards. Half the day gone 333 new cases compared to 18k total yesterday
    You arent beine optimistic . You're just downright ignorant

I already pointed it out, it could be an outlier. I already pointed out similar dates when the number of cases declined, and they were also outliers.

That. Was. Covered.

That's why I said we should wait for more data points, before making assertions. You said:

You could have just as easily said the same thing on those other days I pointed out, and you'd be wrong. That's why waiting for more data is prudent.
    Nothing wrong with what I've said when there is a noticeable and substantial decline observed yesterday and today. I'd bet you'll say wait another year in one week's time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    You arent beine optimistic . You're just downright ignorant
    Feel free to point out anything wrong with that statement. Do you work for the papers or something? So sad about the decline? Fucking hell man, doom preachers like your kind always wish ill upon the others and feel angry when things are improving. Wtf is with your mentality

Nothing wrong with what I've said when there is a noticeable and substantial decline observed yesterday and today. I'd bet you'll say wait another year in one week's time.
    If you would have stated it on the 21st, you would have been dead wrong. I said to wait a week, I have not wavered from that. I would have said the same thing on the 21st.

There are several dates where it went down for the day, only to go back up. Your absolute declaration could have just as easily been made on those days (maybe you even did), and it would be wrong. I'd love for it to be in decline, but as of now, there's not really any evidence to show that it is.

So, unless you want to make the very same claim you just made for the 21st, then you may want to hold off.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Feel free to point out anything wrong with that statement. Do you work for the papers or something? So sad about the decline? Fucking hell man, doom preachers like your kind always wish ill upon the others and feel angry when things are improving. Wtf is with your mentality
    It was already pointed out, you simply refuse to actually acknowledge it. I guess we all know exactly why you are really here, and have a very special day.

If you would have stated it on the 21st, you would have been dead wrong. I said to wait a week, I have not wavered from that. I would have said the same thing on the 21st.

There are several dates where it went down for the day, only to go back up. Your absolute declaration could have just as easily been made on those days (maybe you even did), and it would be wrong. I'd love for it to be in decline, but as of now, there's not really any evidence to show that it is.

So, unless you want to make the very same claim you just made for the 21st, then you may want to hold off.
    Alright see you in a week then. No point going round in circles

Alright see you in a week then. No point going round in circles
    Great, then we'll have more data, which is exactly what I've been saying the entire time.

Thanks for agreeing with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Feel free to point out anything wrong with that statement. Do you work for the papers or something? So sad about the decline?
    You are touting 333 cases in the states today. You miss the fact that only 5 states have declared any numbers at all. That means way more than 40 have reported no numbers.

Do you honestly believe new york has gone from thousands in a day to zero? That's so statistically unlikely as to be zero.

Im not disappointed. Im just realistic and not deluded.

Since I can't conceive that you can be so naive, whyou don't we just pick this up tomorrow when you can apologise for how wrong you were and stop wasting our time with your ludicrous lack of understanding of thinGSM that are crystal clear to people that can think

- - - Updated - - -

It was already pointed out, you simply refuse to actually acknowledge it. I guess we all know exactly why you are really here, and have a very special day.
    Na people like you are the ones with shady agendas. You feel miserable when people feel encouraged with declining trend and shoot them down immediately. Maybe you work for the papers or is just a downright malicious individual who can't stand optimism from the others because your life is terrible and you want the others to suffer like you do. So pathetic mate. You can't even tolerate other people feeling hopeful or happy. Continue being miserly while the others move on.

- - - Updated - - -

You are touting 333 cases in the states today. You miss the fact that only 5 states have declared any numbers at all. That means way more than 40 have reported no numbers.

Do you honestly believe new york has gone from thousands in a day to zero? That's so statistically unlikely as to be zero.

Since I can't conceive that you can be so naive, whyou don't we just pick this up tomorrow when you can apologise for how wrong you were and stop wasting our time with your ludicrous lack of understanding of thinGSM that are crystal clear to people that can think
    Sure thing mate .You sure you will be around tomorrow though

Na people like you are the ones with shady agendas. You feel miserable when people feel encouraged with declining trend and shoot them down immediately. Maybe you work for the papers or is just a downright malicious individual who can't stand optimism from the others because your life is terrible and you want the others to suffer like you do. So pathetic mate. You can't even tolerate other people feeling hopeful or happy. Continue being miserly while the others move on.
    All I've done is go by the data. I would have said we should exercise caution on the 21st, when the number of reported cases also fell. Did you feel optimistic on the 21st?

Feel free to make any baseless accusation against me all you like, it's what you do.

Yeah I was going to say same thing. To think that the cases should be linearly spread throughout the day is pretty ignorant of where the cases are coming from. As worldometer are restarting at GMT+0, we wouldn't expect to see the us cases start to come in until much later (not sure when you guys are reporting? 5pm local time?)

That said we are starting to see very small signs of slowdown in other countries as would be expected a few weeks after steps taken. I do worry for the US, especially with what someone was saying yesterday about hobby stores and Walmarts being rammed full.