10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The military definitely isn’t reporting their confirmed cases under direction of the Department of Defense. According to them, doing so would be a security risk.
    He isn't saying anyone is under-reporting confirmed cases. He is saying that confirmed cases are a fraction of the actual cases. Actual cases numbers are purely theoretical at this case, because we can't possibly diagnose people at the exact moment of infection. So the Department of Defense, and any other entity, is going to report the number they know, and we can reasonably assume that they haven't actually diagnosed 100% of the cases they actually have.

Can anyone tell me why the US states do not support each other? They are the richtest country in the world and they can't fly out critical cases from New York state to be treated anywhere else in the US? What's the matter with that?

Any US citizen here wants to shed a light on this? I don't understand.

Nope.

The Base I was supposed to PCS to just released this.

They will not be reporting it to the public (and maybe even base personnel), but the DoD will still be reporting the total number of cases. This is coming straight from Esper himself.

"“What we want to do is give you aggregated numbers. But we’re not going to disaggregate numbers because it could reveal information about where we may be affected at a higher rate than maybe some other places,” Esper said, without disclosing precisely what information would be withheld or when the plan would be implemented."

Of course, it is the military, so they really aren't known for the "troop welfare" aspect of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Can anyone tell me why the US states do not support each other? They are the richtest country in the world and they can't fly out critical cases from New York state to be treated anywhere else in the US? What's the matter with that?

"United" States is kind of a misnomer.

10+ Year Old Account

It can best be summed as NIMBY. You want to bring infected people someplace? Not In My Back Yard.

That and other places are trying to feel how genuinely fucked they are going to be. Taking infected people in will add sand to the lube. Or Bigly Yuge Hoax JOBS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Simple, it's a logistical nightmare, may actually cause further spreading of the disease, is cost prohibitive, and those other areas would become more laden.

It would be easier to sent equipment to the hotspots, and build temporary facilities to deal with the issue.

And, it should be noted, the individual states (particularly the governments) are actually in competition with one another. They have competing agendas and goals for all of this.

Oh, I’m sure DOD is gathering intel on it but, yeah, it won’t go public and militarily personnel aren’t being told. We were just told a soldier had tested positive the other day, but that was because he lived off-Base and was tested at a civilian hospital, where it was reported by them. The Base then also had to make a statement about it.
    I have not seen anything that says the total numbers will not go public. Esper said they will. Now, he was being cagey about exactly what they would release, but he did state they would release aggregate numbers.

Also, considering how troops live (barracks), and how they congregate (massive orgies and tabletop gaming nights), it's going to spread faster than herpes in a barracks rat.

Only part of that was in jest.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I have not seen anything that says the total numbers will not go public. Esper said they will. Now, he was being cagey about exactly what they would release, but he did state they would release aggregate numbers.

Also, considering how troops live (barracks), and how they congregate (massive orgies and tabletop gaming nights), it's going to spread faster than herpes in a barracks rat.

Only part of that was in jest.
    The most important thing they need to get out to people are the antibody tests that tell you if you have had it already, it would be nice to know as I am like 99.9999% sure I had it.

They don’t want to release the total numbers because it’s a security risk to our military. They don’t want their “enemies” to know their numbers.
    Esper said they will release the aggregate numbers, but they will not be breaking them down by locality. I quoted you his comment. Is there some ambiguity? Sure. But, it would be damn hard to keep a lid on actual numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The most important thing they need to get out to people are the antibody tests that tell you if you have had it already, it would be nice to know as I am like 99.9999% sure I had it.
    The refusal to test so many people will go down as a major cause of the spread. That, and the attempts by this administration to ignore the overwhelming consensus of experts, and push a bullshit narrative.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope.

My condolences on your future home.

I’m doubting they do... but we’ll see.
    It wouldn't be the first time the DoD and federal government tried to hide numbers involving the safety of military members. They tried to hide contaminated water at Lejuene for a long damn time.

The DoD doesn't give a shit about troop welfare. Sure, individual commands may, but they are a rarity.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m doubting they do... but we’ll see.

- - - Updated - - -

I can’t seem to leave KS. Any time an opportunity comes up, something stops us lol.

I hate this place.... so very much.
    Should have gone Air Force...

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Nope.

Not even sure how this would work, I was stationed at Fort Campbell, and most of the cases would actually be in Clarksville and Hopkinsville, not on the base. Some of them would stay on base, with treatment at Blanchfield, but any significant outbreak would be immediately apparent by looking at the surrounding area, since so many Soldiers live off base.

Blanchfield is a pretty shitty hospital anyway, any significant number of cases would immediately spill over to the the local civilian hospitals. So I don't know what this accomplishes. I think the idea is so nobody gets the idea that the 101st is unable to deploy due to Cornavirus, and thus tries to start some shit somewhere in the world, but I don't think that is really going to work out that way. They could pretty much deploy no matter how bad the outbreak is, but we really wouldn't want to as long as we could avoid it.

You claimed I was doomsday preaching, evidence please.

I already pointed out that you ignored the data, refuted your stance, and showed what you are all about. Now, where's your evidence?

As for these questions you just asked, is this your attempt to back up a baseless claim after the fact? I can answer your questions with one answer... I'm going to go ahead and listen to the scientific experts on this one. I'm not panicking, I'm not expecting the world to end as a result of this.

So, I hope I won't have to wait a week for your evidence to back up your baseless accusation against me.
    Once again ffs. You jumped on me for being optimistic based on a(8k), 15% drop in new cases and had to use a pathetic previous example of 500 cases to shoot me down. Isn't that nitpicking doomsday preaching BS? Then you had the audacity to accuse me of having an agenda for merely being optimistic based on latest figures. Fuck man, aren't you one sad and miserable sob mate. You should go out and get some sunshine

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    what is ks?
    Kansas, Aka the middle of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Once again ffs. You jumped on me for being optimistic based on a(8k), 15% drop in new cases and had to use a pathetic previous example of 500 cases to shoot me down. Isn't that nitpicking doomsday preaching BS? Then you had the audacity to accuse me of having an agenda for merely being optimistic based on latest figures. Fuck man, aren't you one sad and miserable sob mate. You should go out and get some sunshine
    No, I simply pointed out that basing opinions on what may be an outlier (as we've seen before) is irresponsible.

I'm still waiting for where I was supposedly doomsday preaching. I get it, you couldn't find it, and simply refuse to walk it back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Realtalk View Post
    Well by December 8th the Chinese arrested doctors trying to spread the word of new "deadly pneumonia" So yeah...it was known.
    What? Doctors were arrested on December 8th for trying to spread the word on December 30th?

Magic.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

No, I simply pointed out that basing opinions on what may be an outlier (as we've seen before) is irresponsible.

I'm still waiting for where I was supposedly doomsday preaching. I get it, you couldn't find it, and simply refuse to walk it back.

Mr Doomsday, you preached that an 8k(15%) drop in new cases is incomparable to a 500 case decline and shot me down for being optimistic. Come on don't be shy and stop dodging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Noticed the "man-made conspiracy" cropped up again. Simply going to post this here once more.

The proximal origin of SARS-CoV-2

"The genomic features described here may explain in part the infectiousness and transmissibility of SARS-CoV-2 in humans. Although the evidence shows that SARS-CoV-2 is not a purposefully manipulated virus, it is currently impossible to prove or disprove the other theories of its origin described here. However, since we observed all notable SARS-CoV-2 features, including the optimized RBD and polybasic cleavage site, in related coronaviruses in nature, we do not believe that any type of laboratory-based scenario is plausible."

The 2 plausible causes are and one not plausible all described in full in the article;

1. Natural selection in an animal host before zoonotic transfer
    2. Natural selection in humans following zoonotic transfer
    3. Selection during passage (This is the man-made theory that has been proven to not be possible)

Theories of SARS-CoV-2 origins

It is improbable that SARS-CoV-2 emerged through laboratory manipulation of a related SARS-CoV-like coronavirus. As noted above, the RBD of SARS-CoV-2 is optimized for binding to human ACE2 with an efficient solution different from those previously predicted7,11. Furthermore, if genetic manipulation had been performed, one of the several reverse-genetic systems available for betacoronaviruses would probably have been used19. However, the genetic data irrefutably show that SARS-CoV-2 is not derived from any previously used virus backbone20. Instead, we propose two scenarios that can plausibly explain the origin of SARS-CoV-2: (i) natural selection in an animal host before zoonotic transfer; and (ii) natural selection in humans following zoonotic transfer. We also discuss whether selection during passage could have given rise to SARS-CoV-2.

The article can be read by anyone with a proper high school diploma.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabe
    Why are you so mad?
    Merely annoyed with the sea lion act. You've been pushing conspiracy theory since you appeared in the thread. You don't have a sincere point to discuss, you are just pushing a rather thin "China bad" routine.

If so innocent, tell your lovely CCP to open their labs/borders to independent foundations for investigation. Will they ever do that? Will the dictator allow it?
    Before the propaganda folks gave us "whataboutism" as the go to excuse, there were things like people living in glass houses not throwing stones. No government allows it in the sense you are suggesting. Sovereignty is a thing. Ask the US next time they tell the UN to screw off.

And drop the Flat Earth garbage, where you ignore that the origin of the virus has already been examined and proven to be natural and instead keep insinuating that China should allow teams that will be loaded solid with CIA assets (like the diplomatic spouse in the UK drunk driving case) to roam around freely to "prove" what genetic analysis has already shown -- it isn't man made. Nice try. You wonder why people don't trust this kind of argument?

People are dying because of CCP
    People are dying because everybody thought this was SARS or MERS again. Governments still are having trouble getting their plans adjusted for the asymptomatic carriers. There's where the biggest screw up happened, and it is a mistake everyone made. It was, however, the Chinese who first warned of that danger.

People are probably going to die because of Trumpmenbashi jerking off to his ratings and demanding gratitude instead of getting working ventilators to California. Care about stuff that makes a difference instead of playing conspiracy theory blame games using hindsight.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would everyone please quit responding to mr. lockybalboa? He's a friggin troll in here just to get a rise out of people and it's working. Quit arguing with it....it gets off on it. If anyone is really that ignorant to be spewing the crap he/she/it is and truly believes it, then heaven help them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Would everyone please quit responding to mr. lockybalboa? He's a friggin troll in here just to get a rise out of people and it's working. Quit arguing with it....it gets off on it. If anyone is really that ignorant to be spewing the crap he/she/it is and truly believes it, then heaven help them.
    Yes, listen up he's a fake account simply baiting with moderation on a low show self restrained and put him on ignore. He is only active during EU times while claiming to be an american, if that isn't a dead give away.