Poll: Which is better?

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    after short consideration - fresh 58 without any copying from Classic .

to keep economy healthy .
    They want people to actually play TBC, not because told “we don’t want you to come here because some weirdos have fake concerns about the economy that don’t make sense.”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    This brings up a good point. Classic felt awkward playing on the fine patch but still workable with the exception of AV.

TBC had massive changes in its final patch even ignoring its 30% nerf everything. I recall mages getting a new rank to their spells to make them more powerful then locks at the end and arena season comps changed rather constantly.

As for the general forum question I would prefer a 58-60 creation level rather then linking different era's of the games servers together. Each era being it's own unique experience appeals to me .
    If your “unique experience” is defined by excluding people and ruining the game for them, kindly go to hell.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

nah i believe that the best option would be for the Classic TBC servers to be for fresh characters to either level from 1-70 (which is hugely demotivating for everyone) or from 58-70 (which will be hugely demotivating for anyone that currently plays classic in a high level).

Back in the day when i had bis gear on my priest i would not want to start fresh in TBC, but nowadays i believe that expansions (especially since we are talking about legacy servers that everything has already been done) should be entirely different game options, different communities, different economies, different everything seperate from their predecessors or their successors.

Lastly, i strongly believe that Classic servers whether they are hosting Vanilla, TBC or Wrath will be a blast for different people (we are witnessing the success that Classic Vanilla is having atm and i see no reason that this won't continue) and in the long run they deserve to be stand alone games that get new content in the form, as many people suggest, of Classic+.

basically what it boils down to bois, is either ur CURRENT CLASSIC SERVER stays or YOU CHANGE TO A NEW CLASSIC SERVER when tbc comes out

so basically

ur current server vs a new server

i can see why people want to stay, maybe cuz the population stablizied, the AH ratio is somehwat balanced if its new servers then it might all get fked up again, but then again the opposite can be true, so idk

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Literally doesnt matter. The whole point of TBC is early patches, which Classic TBC will not recreate.
    If they roll out 1:1 in style of classic, TBC will be a rather shortlived experience.
    Without Attunements and SSC / TK / Hyjal being available right off the bat, it will break the entire progression curve of TBC, hardcore people are just going to skip T4 within weeks because they will work on T5 / T6 since Day 1.

It can roll out with 2.4 itemization and class changes, but anything else should roll out with each phase.
    Heck, i'd even argue that for the sake of Arena, they should hold off SSC / TK / Hyjal, if people have access to these raids right off the bat, they will overpower anyone who has just PvP Gear.

I don't want tbc to come out and take people out of my classic community and guild. I just want classic running forever.

This brings up a good point. Classic felt awkward playing on the fine patch but still workable with the exception of AV.

TBC had massive changes in its final patch even ignoring its 30% nerf everything. I recall mages getting a new rank to their spells to make them more powerful then locks at the end and arena season comps changed rather constantly.
    those things happened in patch 3.0 (the WotLK pre-patch)

TBC classic wont be played on a wotlk patch

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    1) Server economy must be healthy
    2) No advantages for one players over other players

Just make frest TBC servers where everyone starts with level 1. Yes, its painful to level character again, but 58 starter characters would create huge problems with profession leveling and server's economy.

15+ Year Old Account
    TBC was about patch order as well as content release order, which is why it never translated well to pvt servers. A priest for example played so differently from Karazhan, to Illidan because slowly but surely the class got dumbed down, or made 'boring' for raiders because of Arena demands. Karazhan for example was so much fun because of PoM/CoH spam which made us incredibly mobile, same goes for regular 5man HCs at that time. It isn't really the same as vanilla where classes were added on over time so playing 1.12 is fine, most things changed for the content they released in TBC.

TBC classic though will most likely be a final patch which will make most content a bore. The most mermorable things as a raider back then were the insane Hydros in SSC using dodgy 3 holypriests+2shadowpriest-party-for-mana strats, or spending almost 1.5 HOURS pre Hydross trash because it was so incredibly overtuned only to have it respawn after 1 Hydross try, or Gruul being so hard with a pre nerf shatter; a streamlined TBC sounds boring.

After Classic and Batching still ruining the raiding experience of classic as a healer, actually any role, I have no faith they'll know what to do with TBC, I can even see them releasing Sunwell Island dailies on release at this point, or making the Black Temple Phase so short it's role in TBC is diminished heavily

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    They want people to actually play TBC, not because told “we don’t want you to come here because some weirdos have fake concerns about the economy that don’t make sense.”

- - - Updated - - -

If your “unique experience” is defined by excluding people and ruining the game for them, kindly go to hell.
    If your experience of playing a video game is watching a movie please stay out of my hell.

Copy to TBC, not transfer, just copy and let us keep our Classic Characters.

Personally I'd love to be able to just create a level 58 on the server right away, since I've spent way too much time leveling characters the last 16 or so years.

But I don't think that's a great idea in general.

A lot of people would probably actually need to level that character all the way themselves to have any idea of what to do once they're maxlevel.

It's probably a good idea to have some sort of time-investment required before reaching maxlevel and joining the people in the actual multi-player experience.
    Gives you a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction, and also a little bit of pride.

Then again, it's the leveling process right now that's keeping me from playing Classic, guess that might be a good thing, just don't have enough time and energy to spend on leveling characters in Classic, that time is better used on other things.

If your experience of playing a video game is watching a movie please stay out of my hell.
    Thanks for that irrelevant random statement that had nothing to do with anything I said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nacrum View Post

Personally I'd love to be able to just create a level 58 on the server right away, since I've spent way too much time leveling characters the last 16 or so years.

A lot of people would probably actually need to level that character all the way themselves to have any idea of what to do once they're maxlevel.

It's probably a good idea to have some sort of time-investment required before reaching maxlevel and joining the people in the actual multi-player experience.
    Gives you a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction, and also a little bit of pride.

Then again, it's the leveling process right now that's keeping me from playing Classic, guess that might be a good thing, just don't have enough time and energy to spend on leveling characters in Classic, that time is better used on other things.
    The leveling is much more fun than the endgame. Why wouldnt you want to level? Very weird.
    -ynnady

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because some people just don't enjoy leveling?

Nothing lost by simply allowing people to copy their classic characters over to TBC servers. People who want to play TBC, want to play TBC, they don't want to trudge through classic leveling again. In my opinion the product would have luke warm reception at best with template characters at level 58, with a massive amount of people just passing on the product completely if they decide to start everybody fresh at level one.

It's super simple. Allows copies of each individual character once and keep classic servers running forever in their own isolated place like people have wanted for well over a decade. Economy in TBC really doesn't matter as much as many of you might think, but if Blizzard was intelligent there are so many ways they could 'reset' the economy even with copied characters. There's literally no reason we can't have our cake and eat it too. You don't want classic servers completely dying by the disruption of 60s migrating to TBC servers? Copies of characters. You don't want to start over at level one? Copies of characters. You want to carry forth that character you made in classic into TBC, while still maintaining it's presence on classic servers as well? Copies of characters.

The only real question is how they handle paladins on Horde and shamans on Alliance. Do we maintain what happened years ago where these unfortunate fucks felt completely rushed to get to 70 when they rerolled? Or do you just allow a grace period of a few weeks prior to the dark portal truly opening such that these players can have some sort of time to reach 60 with their friends before TBC becomes truly available? It's pretty obvious to me that the circumstances are completely different, and that giving people time to level is probably the best course of action. 15 years ago WoW was growing and TBC was the first expansion. I personally knew a lot of people who jumped into WoW starting with TBC so leveling through classic content was actually.. well, content for them. This time around it simply won't be the case. While it was funny that most groups running around leveling in classic zones when TBC launched were composed of mostly shaman on Alliance, or paladins on Horde.. that's probably going to grow pretty old very quickly and the possibility of even seeing other classes is going to be pretty slim this time around.

Finally staggering content is a must, but how they do that remains to be seen. I highlighted earlier that I wouldn't be opposed to T5 being a few months after the release of TBC. Technically this "SORT OF" holds true to the original timeline anyways. Why? For anybody that actually did any serious raiding back then, most of the raiding content was beyond bugged to the point that many bosses were borderline impossible or just broken beyond belief. Consumable requirements were retarded until they changed to battle/defensive elixir format (boy was it fun using consumables from VANILLA and TBC at the same time, just to miss enrage timers because the reward structure from most high end content at the time was awful). If you wanted to do TK you basically could do Void Reaver and then sit on your hands waiting for them to fix every other boss. SSC was a brutal mess too, but at least there were a couple bosses you could do in there. TLDR; You can delay T5 by a few months and it would be pretty close to how TBC was approached back then too, simply because it was a buggy mess. Does anybody want 9-10 months of BT content drought, cause I certainly don't.

While changes were a taboo word in Vanilla, I think this absolutely shouldn't be the case with TBC. You don't have to modernize it to how retail currently plays, but you also don't have to sit on your hands waving that "this is how it was, we shouldn't change a fucking thing" approach either. Content staggering would do wonders as would slight modifications to arena (resilience was pretty awful, and I wouldn't ask for an overhaul, but I doubt anybody would be looking forward to 2v2 arena that can basically last forever). TBC can LITERALLY be a playground for Blizzard to actually change things that in hindsight, they probably wish they could have changed. Imagine what TBC would feel like without flying mounts for the first few months (obviously adding in flight paths to areas that require flying). Not saying they should do this, but there's things they absolutely could do.

I voted other, Everyone starts fresh with a lvl 58 character, or you can copy a classic character over.

- - - Updated - - -

People have been saying this for years, and I have never been able to get behind it. No one learns how to play a character properly while leveling, they blow to max level as fast as possible then figures out which spec is best DPS/ Heal/ Tank then go to Icy-Veins for 20 mins to figure out Rotation and important abilities and best stats. There is no learning how to play while leveling because most don't use the leveling spec for end game.

I feel like most players will move on to tbc. So if u make players transfer off a server to play tbc u will have a bunch of small classic servers. Which then they will need to merge servers.

Move the servers onto tbc, for those who want to stay classic can transfer off. That way u can have a few healthy classic servers and the tbc servers will still be full. Probably overflowing since I feel like tbc will draw more ppl than classic did.

Keep it as it is in Vanilla and add the new zones. So progress the story but don't progress the system (if that makes any sense)
    Epics for show, Greens for the pro

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    I feel like most players will move on to tbc. So if u make players transfer off a server to play tbc u will have a bunch of small classic servers. Which then they will need to merge servers.

Move the servers onto tbc, for those who want to stay classic can transfer off. That way u can have a few healthy classic servers and the tbc servers will still be full. Probably overflowing since I feel like tbc will draw more ppl than classic did.
    A lot of people say this but all of the evidence we have is to the contrary. TBC private servers were very unpopular. The petitions and everything were always for vanilla, not TBC. I think a lot of people will play it, but I don’t see this making Classic a ghost town.
    -ynnady

guys remeber, THEY SAID TRANSFER not copy, which means if transfter to a tbc server, u will LEAVE ur current classic server and be on a new tbc server

OR

you STAY on current classic server as it changes to TBC which means ur clasisc server is gone, but a seperante NEW permanent classic server will open up

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Terribly worded question
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.

Copying characters can't happen because resources and gold will quickly be inflated, there's not a single way to do character copies without things being screwed up.
    Character TRANSFERS on the other hand will work perfectly fine, having to chose between continuing into TBC OR staying with Vanilla is a big choice and it should be a big choice.

Here's what I think Blizzard should do.
    - Keep Vanilla realms as they are, potentially start merging realms together if population drops low.
    - Open brand new TBC realms 1+ months before TBC launches which will run on the "pre-tbc patch" (Vanilla realms never get this), during this 1+ month period there will be free character transfers (not copies) to and between TBC realms so players can try to spread themselves out to not have queues. Blizzard should also monitor faction balance on realms and try to manage it better than Vanilla realms. Draenei and Blood Elves are not available until TBC releases, but I wouldn't be mad if they were available during the pre-patch.
    - Characters on Classic realms can always get free character transfers (again, not copies) to TBC realms whenever they wish.

- - - Updated - - -

Character copy can't happen because people will copy over character after character with tons of gold, materials, items to vendor and so on.
    "Oh but you can wipe out players inventories."
    ...so that my Sulfuras, fun memoribila (like linkens quest chain in Un'goro) and other collectables gets wiped out? What about the thousands of gold that I worked hard on to prepare for flying mounts in TBC, all my months of work gets wiped out? that's fun...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Copying characters can't happen because resources and gold will quickly be inflated, there's not a single way to do character copies without things being screwed up.
    Character TRANSFERS on the other hand will work perfectly fine, having to chose between continuing into TBC OR staying with Vanilla is a big choice and it should be a big choice.

Here's what I think Blizzard should do.
    - Keep Vanilla realms as they are, potentially start merging realms together if population drops low.
    - Open brand new TBC realms 1+ months before TBC launches which will run on the "pre-tbc patch" (Vanilla realms never get this), during this 1+ month period there will be free character transfers (not copies) to and between TBC realms so players can try to spread themselves out to not have queues. Blizzard should also monitor faction balance on realms and try to manage it better than Vanilla realms. Draenei and Blood Elves are not available until TBC releases, but I wouldn't be mad if they were available during the pre-patch.
    - Characters on Classic realms can always get free character transfers (again, not copies) to TBC realms whenever they wish.

- - - Updated - - -

Character copy can't happen because people will copy over character after character with tons of gold, materials, items to vendor and so on.
    "Oh but you can wipe out players inventories."
    ...so that my Sulfuras, fun memoribila (like linkens quest chain in Un'goro) and other collectables gets wiped out? What about the thousands of gold that I worked hard on to prepare for flying mounts in TBC, all my months of work gets wiped out? that's fun...
    why cant copying over to identical server be a thing but u can only copy once per character, what would be the problem with that