Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Crazy Thought - Paid Services Channel to Keep Trade Chat Spam Down

Can we get a "Paid Services" global (in town) chat channel? I'm really tired of seeing WTS Mythic+ / raid / pvp carry / visions boost / leveling boosting etc in trade chat. It's literally like the only thing you see in trade chat anymore. If and when someone does actually post something in there for trade, or otherwise is having a conversation in there its immediately blown away by all the WTS Services spam.

Why haven't we gotten some other global (in city) channels besides "Trade" seems like we should have already gotten an expansion on this. But as of late the paid services stuff has just gotten nuts since the introduction of legal gold buying.

You mean like the auction House?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    You mean like the auction House?
    No I mean like another global city channel.

Probably because very few people would willingly join a spam channel
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr4vitas View Post
    People would still keep spamming trade. They are trading runs for gold, it is annoying, but most things in /trade have nothing to do with trade. The horse has been out of the barn for a long time there.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

But why?
    It would just be used like the current one is.

15+ Year Old Account
    How about u get an addon that filters out keywords from general/trade chat?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

IMO there should be a channel or grip finder tab called “mercenary” where players can advertise and find others to hire to run them through content.

You know... Selling boosts IS trading. There is nothing wrong with that.

There are more things that aren't trading - like, smalltalk, flaming.... But selling boosts, is indeed simple trading.

If you ask me, we need an Anal [Insert Spell Name Here] joke channel.

Can we get a "Paid Services" global (in town) chat channel? I'm really tired of seeing WTS Mythic+ / raid / pvp carry / visions boost / leveling boosting etc in trade chat.
    Get the addons BadBoy https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/bad-boy
    and BadBoy_CCleaner https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/badboy_ccleaner

And add in anything that you don't want to see in your chat, my list is pretty stupidly long. Don't forget to add in the variations people use.

But whenever you see something in chat that you don't want to see just /badboy and type in what it is you don't want to see and it's gone forever :O Do exercise caution in how you block stuff because any usage of the word blocks the whole message. If you block say "freehold" and someone says "Hey, did you guys know you can get a mount (or whatever you care about) by talking to the vendor outside the freehold instance?" it will be blocked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    If you ask me, we need an Anal [Insert Spell Name Here] joke channel.
    I personally block the word anal to avoid those
    I block Thunderfury as well to avoid that spam too. Anything stupid players say badboy takes care of it. "boomer" "blue waffle" "gangnam" "Trump" "Hillary" "Obama" anything fucking stupid I'm tired of reading /badboy
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    How dare someone use the trade channel to actually sell something.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I personally block the word anal to avoid those
    I block Thunderfury as well to avoid that spam too. Anything stupid players say badboy takes care of it. "boomer" "blue waffle" "gangnam" "Trump" "Hillary" "Obama" anything fucking stupid I'm tired of reading /badboy
    Is "corona" on the list yet?

I understood all the others, but what the hell is "blue waffle?" I'd google it but I'm back in the office and I don't want to search for anything that's going to show up on my search history and get me fired.

Nope lol

I understood all the others, but what the hell is "blue waffle?" I'd google it but I'm back in the office and I don't want to search for anything that's going to show up on my search history and get me fired.
    I don't know what it is, but when I ask people they tell me to google so it's probably something stupid like all things in trade chat
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Can we get a "Paid Services" global (in town) chat channel? I'm really tired of seeing WTS Mythic+ / raid / pvp carry / visions boost / leveling boosting etc in trade chat. It's literally like the only thing you see in trade chat anymore. If and when someone does actually post something in there for trade, or otherwise is having a conversation in there its immediately blown away by all the WTS Services spam.

Why haven't we gotten some other global (in city) channels besides "Trade" seems like we should have already gotten an expansion on this. But as of late the paid services stuff has just gotten nuts since the introduction of legal gold buying.

I think I've had all the global channels (Trade, Local, etc) disabled since MOP or WOD. It really helps, you should try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I don't know what it is, but when I ask people they tell me to google so it's probably something stupid like all things in trade chat
    A friend of mine actually googled it and, if I remember correctly, it was images of an infected vagina. Spoilers for just in case.

- - - Updated - - -

Also you know selling boosts and such is trading so it does actually fit in Trade chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    A friend of mine actually googled it and, if I remember correctly, it was images of an infected vagina. Spoilers for just in case.
    Glad I went with gut instinct to not google it myself.

10+ Year Old Account

Nothing stops you from creating a channel, publicizing it and helping it grow.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Ive had trade chat in a separate tab that I cant see since around MoP. Its been nothing but spam, sellers, politics for years.

...You mean... like... a trade channel? A channel for trading?

They should just make the general chat universal for all cities.
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2020-03-31 at 03:09 AM.